Have you heard of Argan oil for hair growth? Argan oil is a super ingredient that accelerates hair growth within no time. If you are used to reading the ingredients given on the back of hair products, you would have noticed this name ‘argan oil,’ especially on the labels of hair care masks, sprays and serums.
Be it chemically treated hair or normal hair with an infected scalp. Argan oil works like magic in hydrating and softening the hair. The pure form of Argan oil has the potential to strengthen the hair and restore its shine naturally. The oil is said to work wonders in resolving hair loss and other hair related concerns too. Argan is rich in Vitamin E and linoleic acid; hence is a good ingredient for those who want to healthify their hair. In this article, we will give you pointers on how good is Argan oil for hair growth!
Is Argan Oil Good for Hair Loss?
Hair loss usually occurs due to underlying scalp conditions like infections or due to settlement of dirt and impurities. There may also be infections or scalp sickness associated with the same. Now how does Argan oil resolve hair fall? Hair growth acceleration means resolving of hair fall. Isn’t it? Well! This oil exfoliates the scalp thoroughly, deeply cleanses it with the natural antioxidants resulting in strengthening of the hair follicles. Once the hair follicles are strengthened, hair is locked perfectly preventing loss. Regular use of Argan oil promotes new hair growth within no time. Also, with antiseptic properties in it, Argan oil works its goodness on any redness of scalp or infections and treats them appropriately.
Now that you are convinced that argan oil is good in accelerating hair growth, here are detailed benefits for your quick reference.
Here is why Argan Oil is Good for Hair Growth!
- Argan oil comes with the goodness of natural fatty acids and antioxidants, which are essential for good hair growth. The Vitamin E present in this oil subtly moisturises and deeply nourishes the hair. The oleic acid, which is also called as the mono-saturated omega-9 fatty acid, present in this oil helps in lubricating the hair promoting smooth texture. Thereby, argan oil prevents dryness and frizz.
- Various scalp conditions are effectively addressed by argan oil. Hair loss, which is mostly due to underlying skin conditions like seborrheic dermatitis or psoriasis, is treated effortlessly by this oil. The anti-fungal properties present in this oil help in treating dandruff on the scalp.
- Those who have chemically treated or styled hair can also undoubtedly use Argan oil as a protectant against damage. Several fatty acids prevent in this oil protect the hair from breakage and damage. Especially those who apply heat to their hair must be considering using argan oil as heat damages hair up to an extent, and this oil soothes, repairs and restores shine in the hair.
- Just like how the skin gets affected by sun, hair and scalp also experience damage. Argan oil works as a protection from the sun for the scalp and hair.
How to Use Argan Oil for Hair Growth:
Just by knowing that argan oil works like magic for hair growth, isn’t sufficient. Knowing how to use the oil is the key! Well! Argan oil can be used in the form of an oil, hair mask, shampoo, conditioner or serum. Grab these three best argan oil techniques for quick hair growth
1. Argan Oil Mask:
Argan oil promotes hair growth, and when used in the form of a mask, it works its magic on your hair! You can choose to make argan oil at home, but it is always easy to pick a bottle of this oil from a nearby supermarket. When you buy an argan oil bottle, make sure you read the ingredients and understand. Make sure. The oil has a maximum of argan extract even if it has a blend of other essential oils. Argan oil is a natural cooling agent, and when applied to hair, it reduces dryness, and when massaged gently on the scalp, it enhances blood circulation.
- Argan oil.
Preparation Time: none (product).
How to Prepare and Apply:
- Take the Argan oil into your palm.
- Massage it well on hair and roots including the scalp.
- Do the massage for 15-25 minutes.
- Wrap your oiled hair properly in a towel and leave it overnight.
- Rinse your hair in the morning.
How Often: Once a week.
2. Argan Oil and Coconut Oil Mask:
Argan oil helps in hair growth, when combined with the goodness of coconut oil, works wonders. It promotes thick and smooth hair growth. While coconut oil is well known for its nourishing nature, when added to the oil, it just becomes an amazing product for smoothening the hair. It moisturises hair from deeper layers right from the scalp, especially if you are suffering from dry hair. This way, the scalp receives all-natural oils required in an organic way!
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil.
- 1 tbsp. Argan oil.
- 1 tbsp. honey.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
How to Prepare and Apply:
- Add all the mentioned ingredients to a bowl.
- Warm the ingredients and stir well in low flame.
- Once the ingredients heat up a bit, switch off the stove.
- Make sure the oil is not too hot to touch.
- Now, make partitions to your hair and gently apply the oil to every part of your scalp and hair.
- Massage the hair and scalp gently.
- Leave it for 3-4 hours.
- Rinse with warm water using a mild shampoo.
How Often: Once a week
3. Argan Oil and Castor Oil Mask:
Argan oil and castor oil combination are great for those who wish to treat and moisturise hair that is frizzy and also dry in nature. Further, not just dry hair, if you have sensitive hair that is prone to frequent breakage, then this mask is exclusively for you! In addition to this, you can undoubtedly use oil for hair fall. It helps in strengthening the hair follicles and stimulating hair growth positively. By using this mask, blood circulation can be improved, and hair will receive all the required natural nutrients, thereby preventing hair loss.
- 3 tbsp. castor oil.
- 1 tbsp. Argan oil.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
How to Prepare and Apply:
- Add the mentioned ingredients to a glass dropper or bowl as per your convenience.
- Mix well until the ingredients blend with each other.
- Apply the required amount of this oil to your scalp and massage well.
- Make sure all hair is well covered and balanced.
- Leave it for 4 hours.
- Rinse with warm water and a mild shampoo.
How Often: Once in ten days.
4 Best Argan Oil Products for Hair Growth:
Did you know about Argan oil hair growth treatment products readily available in the market? These are the best ones available today. Check out!
1. Colorbar Earth Argan Oil:
Colorbar’s Earth Argan oil is infused with natural Arganextract and other essential oils, which help in hair growth even in damaged conditions. This product is great at cleansing the scalp and transforming the texture of the hair from dry to smooth. The oil is paraben and silicone-free, which makes it an even better option for daily use.
Price: Rs 800 for 100g.
2. OGX Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo:
The OGX Moroccan Argan oil shampoo is new in the market and is already in the best-selling list, given the richness and properties it holds. This exclusive hair growth promoting shampoo has a good blend of Argan oil of morocco, which significantly penetrates into the hair follicles and makes the hair strands softer, thicker, stronger, and silkier. It is sulfate-free and comes with natural Argan oil properties.
Price: Rs 725 for 385 ml.
3. St Botanica Moroccan Argan Hair Mask:
The Argan hair mask by St Botanica is best suited for all hair types. This is a readymade mask for regular use. It is quite nourishing and among the best hair growth treatment products, especially for damaged and sensitive hair. The oils and hydrating ingredients present in the mask nourish and bring softer texture to the hair alongside restoring the hair’s natural oils.
Price: Rs 1000 for 300 ml.
4. The Beauty Co. Argan Oil Hair Serum for Frizzy Hair:
Frizzy hair is the most common issue, especially for those living in cities, given the dirt, impurities, and pollution around. This Argan oil hair serum adds shine to the hair and effortlessly untangles the hair resolving frizz. Now use this hair growth product for the best results after you wash your hair every time. With glycerin, almond oil, and vitamin E, this serum helps in intense nourishment of hair.
Price: Rs 449 for 100ml.
Additional Tips of Argan Oil:
By now you already know that argan oil works best as hair fall control agent and also for hair regrowth. Here is a brief on how best the oil can work on different hair conditions and textures.
1. Dry Hair:
For those annoyed with dry hair issues, Argan oil is an excellent moisturizer. There is no better ingredient that works best in hydrating and nourishing the hair. It promotes stronger hair in no time.
2. Thin Hair:
Thinning of hair is a stressful issue for many, as thin hair can just be embarrassing. Argan oil, if applied regularly, helps in thickening hair by strengthening the hair follicles and increasing blood circulation. Luscious hair will be yours in no time!
3. Damaged Hair & Dandruff Affected Scalp:
Argan oil is like a boon for those suffering from dandruff as the oil is great at healing the scalp from any infections and balancing the serum levels on the scalp thereby reducing dandruff effectively.
4. Chemical Treated Hair:
If your hair salon treated or colour-treated, there are chances for your hair to damage due to the application of harsh chemicals. In such cases, using Argan oil in the form of oil mask, shampoo or hair spray works best to recover the lost sheen and shine and also your natural hair texture effectively.
This guide on how to use Argan oil for various hair related issues gives you a glimpse of the best possible methods on how to get smoother and thicker hair through regular usage. Given the natural richness and goodness of Argan oil, you also now know the benefits of argan oil, especially for hair regrowth and as a hair loss treatment. Try out these remedies and products as, and tell us which one worked the best for your hair concern. We would love to hear from you!