Are suffering with acne problem? Do you know how to use zinc for acne?. Acne is a predominant trouble that we all have been through in our teenage hood. Sadly, for some adults, acne is still a big problem. These are deep rooted in the skin and would often cause a lot of trouble for the better part of your prime years. For this a lot many people, some renowned cosmetologists have joined hands to fight against the tough stains in your face.
On the other hand, your grandmother has always spoken highly of how chemicals are nothing compared to organic items and therefore torn between the two you have not yet settled down for your best method. The newer study showed, zinc and acne cannot be friends. In this article we discus about how to use zinc for pimples.
What Is Acne?
Acne is small blemish or rashes, usually appearing on your faces that are deeply seated within the inner layers of your skin. Acne can be a result of hormonal imbalance or some form of allergy but whichever way we put it, acne is strongly undesirable. At times, these acnes turn red or get swollen and as a result a heavier mark is set upon your skin on its arrival.
What Is Zinc?
Zinc is a silvery grey or white element which can be used for coating iron or protecting steel. The thing is, our body requires zinc but the organic and healthy kinds that we derive from the food. This zinc that coagulates in our body might at times fall out of its required levels. As a result many symptoms show up. One of the eminent symptoms for zinc can be drying skin or scalp along with eminent hair loss. A lot many researchers say that people prone to acne usually might be deficient of the zinc compound in their body.
See More: Birth Control That Helps Acne
Why Zinc Is Effective Against Acne?
Is Zinc good for acne?
The answer is Yes!
Check out these are the top reasons to know why zinc helps in treating acne:
- Usually the acne is caused due to the inflammations of the nodes or the sources due to which the inflammation shows up on the external skin. Now, zinc has a compound called histamine within itself that helps you to control these inflammations thereby reducing the swelling of the boils in your face. The redness too is contained in the process.
- There is a reason why lemons and limes and vitamin Cs are preferred for acne. It’s because these items are excellent antioxidants which once again helps in reducing the swelling or inflammation of the oil glands in our body. Zinc too is a great antioxidant and therefore helps control the excess oil production.
- Testosterone in our body causes an excess production of sebum or oil which in attracts bacteria which then leads to a reaction, the result being acne. Zinc is known to fight off these pimple causing bacteria to help your acne troubles.
- It is a known fact that you break out more when the stress levels in your body are hiked up. Here zinc helps to maintain the stress levels in your body by some hormonal exchanges so that you can help deal with your acne problems without any stress.
- Zinc is known as a DHT blocker where zinc actually helps you to fight off acne by reducing the effect of hormonal imbalance in your body. The zinc in your system will not let the hormones affect you.
See More:Acne And Sulphur
How to Use Zinc For Acne:
Zinc is a mineral that is important to maintain healthy skin and prevent acne. However, zinc can not be used on its own as a treatment for acne. While we can supply zinc from some of the food sources, treating acne can be done by using creams powered with zinc.
Zinc Oxide Cream:
This is the best treatment for acne done with the help of zinc. By using a separate zinc oxide cream that is free from minerals, parabens and other additives, one can get rid of acne. This cream needs to be applied overnight on the affected areas. Pure zinc oxide is the best zinc for acne.
Zinc Oxide Masks:
Using masks that are infused with zinc oxide can also work wonderfully to treat acne. Usually such masks are made with clay, that can clear the skin off acne. It is best used by applying the mask on clean skin and leaving it on for 20 minutes before washing off.
Zinc Oral Supplements:
Oral supplements of zinc are another effective way to treat acne. These over the counter pills can reduce acne breakouts and prevent future growth. Taking these pills can reduce inflammation, skin redness and irritation caused by acne. These are to be taken upon the advice of a physician.
Best Zinc Food Sources To Fight Acne:
Zinc deficiency can be one of the factors that causes acne. Zinc is important to maintain the hormone levels of the body. Lack of zinc or low levels of zinc can increase severity of acne. It is recommended that a person prone to acne must consume at least 40 mg of zinc per day. These foods are all natural and are high on nutrition. If you wish to achieve a healthy, acne free skin, it’s important to consume a balanced diet that comprises of zinc rich foods.4
The following are the some of the best zinc food sources:
- Flax seeds
- Brown Rice
- Sunflower Seeds
- Kidney Beans
- Egg Yolks
- Dark Chocolate
How Do You Know That Your Body Lack of Zinc?
Zinc deficiency is a condition where the body lacks zinc or doesn’t have the required amounts of zinc. The main symptoms to identify zin deficiency are:
- Severe acne Breakouts
- Loss of appetite
- Poor Immunity
- Hair Loss
- Weight Loss
- Slow healing of wounds
- Lesions on eyes and skin
- Slow physical growth
- Decreased metabolism
If you are suffering from persistent skin breakouts, chances are that it could be zinc deficiency. In spite of consuming natural zin rich foods, there could be a low absorption of zinc. In such cases zinc supplements can help in supplying the body with adequate levels of zinc. These treatments are usually chemical based and hence they are to be tried after consulting a physician. Say good bye to acne forever with the miraculous benefits of Zinc!
See More:Pimple Laser Treatment