Lemon has antibacterial and antiseptic properties. They come with a refreshing citrus aroma. Lemons are known to be a rich source of vitamin C, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. All of them help to improve the appearance and condition of our skin, hair, and nails. Lemon can act as an antioxidant, astringent, stimulant, and hydrates skin. Benefits of lemon juice on the face are numerous, one of which is that it is a natural alkaline agent that helps to maintain the pH balance of the skin. However, is lemon good for face at all times, the answer is no. It may increase the risk of sunburn, dark spots, hyper pigmentation, etc.
Benefits Of Using Lemon On Face:
- Anti-Bacterial: The use of lemon in face treatments helps effectively by destroying the acne-causing bacteria and reducing the level of acne breakouts.
- Revitalizes Skin: Lemon juice contains vitamin C, which helps to restore the skin’s brightness and vitality.
- Skin Whitening: It prevents blemishes and dark spots and helps in the skin whitening process.
- Sloughs away dead skin cells: Dead skin cells may result from excess oil production and clogged pores, which leads to blemishes and pimples. The citric acid contained in lemon helps to remove dead cells.
- Anti-aging Effect: It helps to stimulate the production of collagen, which helps to reduce the signs of premature aging and improves the texture of the skin.
How To Use Lemon On Face?
1. Lemon Face Pack For Glowing Skin:
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- Juice of half a lemon.
Preparation Time- 2 minutes
- Combine the ingredients to form a paste.
- Apply it with a brush on cleansed face.
- Allow it to remain for 15 minutes.
- Wash with warm water.
How Often: Thrice a week or on alternate days.
Why This Works: Turmeric and honey together are full of antimicrobial properties, which helps cure many skin problems that get in the way of glowing skin. Honey moisturizes the skin, and turmeric adds glow to the face when used with lemon. This lemon face pack helps your skin look amazing and lightens the skin tone as well. A pack with lemon and honey for face is best for the winter season to fight the dryness as well. Benefits of honey and lemon on the face are that it helps to remove blackheads. It gives a perfect even tone and flawless look to the face.
2. Lemon Face Pack For Oily Skin:
- 2 teaspoon fuller’s earth (MultaniMitti)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pure Rosewater.
Preparation Time- 2 minutes
- In a bowl mix all the three ingredients
- Apply this mixture directly on the face.
- Let it dry and wash with cold water.
How Often: 1-2 times a week.
Why This Works: Oily skin is the result of excessive sebum production, so lemon and Fuller’s earth together have oil-absorbing properties, which help to remove excess oil. It also cleanses the face and thereby increases blood circulation, which leads to a brightening of skin tone. Fuller’s earth helps to remove blackheads. This magical face pack can also be used as a lemon face pack for skin whitening and exfoliating.
[ Also Read: Lemon Juice for Dark Circles ]
3. Lemon Face Pack for Dry Skin:
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- ½ teaspoon honey.
- A few drops of almond oil.
Preparation Time– 2 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply this honey and lemon face mask directly on the face.
- Allow it to dry.
- Wash with cold water.
How Often: Two times a week.
Why This Works: Honey is known for its moisturizing and anti-oxidant properties, which helps in healing acne scars. Honey and lemon for pimples can be useful since it helps to remove all the dead cells in the skin and helps to maintain the pH balance of the skin. This pack is ideal for dry and patchy skin types. Lemon and honey for face create fantastic results. The benefits of applying lemon on the face are that it removes suntan, enhances skin tone, and helps fight acne.
4. Lemon Face Pack for Tan Removal:
- 1-2 teaspoons of fresh Aloe Vera gel.
- 5-6 drops of lemon juice.
Preparation Time– 3.4 minutes
- Use a sharp knife to extract the gel from within the aloe vera stem.
- Mix both ingredients.
- Apply this mixture on the face.
- Leave it on for about 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
How Often: Daily.
Why This Works: Aloe Vera is known as a well-known remedy for the treatment of various skin ailments. This lemon pack helps to remove dead skin cells. It heals scars and pimple marks by increasing collagen synthesis. Aloe Vera soothes sun-damaged skin and reduces skin irritability. Lemon with Aloe Vera is a magical combination that is known to give perfect skin tone. Using this pack, you can flaunt tan-free skin with confidence. This face pack also serves as a lemon face pack for fairness.
5. Lemon Face Pack for Pimples:
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
Preparation Time- 1 minute.
- Mix both ingredients in a bowl to get a paste-like consistency.
- Apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat it dry.
How Often: Two times a week, depending on your skin type.
Why This Works: Cinnamon is known to have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, which prevent pimples. Lemon contains vitamin C, an antioxidant that protects the skin from harmful free radicals. This face pack gives excellent results to control pimples and acne breakouts. However, people with sensitive skin types need to be careful and take a patch test before applying it on their face, since cinnamon does not suit all skin types.
6. Lemon Face Pack For Loose Skin:
- 1/4 cup strawberry pulp.
- 3 teaspoon cornstarch.
- 1/2teaspoon lemon juice.
Preparation Time- 2-3 minutes.
- Make a pulp out of fresh strawberries.
- Add cornstarch and lemon juice to it.
- Combine and apply the mixture on the face and neck.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes before gently removing the face pack.
- Massage in circular motions and rinse it off with water.
How Often: Once a week, depending on the skin type.
Why This Works: Strawberry enhances collagen production, which helps in reducing fine lines, wrinkles and makes the skin firmer and tighter. It also moisturizes the skin. Lemon with strawberry helps shrink the large pores and thereby is an effective remedy for loose skin. These natural ingredients will give long-lasting permanent results by stimulating the skin tightening process. This pack will also make your skin glow.
7. Lemon Face Pack for Unwanted Hair:
- One tablespoon of cornstarch.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Few drops of water.
Preparation Time- 1 to 2minutes.
- Mix all ingredients to form a paste-like consistency.
- Apply it on the face, and let it dry.
- Remove it gently by using circular motions to scrub it off.
- Rinse the face with water.
How Often: For best results, use the pack once or twice a week.
Why This Works: Cornstarch is known to remove unwanted hair from deep within. Sugar in this pack helps to scrub off unwanted hair. This lemon face pack should be allowed to dry naturally. This will give it sufficient time to loosen hair and remove them.
8. Lemon Face Pack for Under Eye Wrinkles:
- 1/2teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil.
Preparation Time– 1 to 2minutes
- Mix lemon juice and olive oil in the given proportions
- Apply it around the eyes very carefully.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water
How Often: For best results, use it on alternate days.
Why This Works: Antioxidants found in olive oil repair damaged cells, whereas lemon helps in skin tightening and gets rid of wrinkles and fine lines. Olive oil is known to keep skin well moisturized and avoid suntan. One can apply it on the entire face and keep this face pack on overnight. The benefit of lemon on face overnight will make the skin firm and hydrated. One can see a visible difference by applying this lemon face pack as directed. Olive oil will deeply penetrate the skin.
9. Lemon Face Mask for Acne Scars:
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Few drops of rose water.
Preparation Time– 1minute
- Mix egg white, lemon juice, and rose water thoroughly in a bowl.
- Apply it all over the face evenly.
- Allow it to remain for 10-15 minutes and then wash it with cool water.
How Often: For best results, use it once a week.
Why This Works: If you want to get rid of stubborn acne scars, this lemon face mask for acne is perfect for you. Egg white prevents acne breakouts and scars. It helps in rebuilding damaged cells. It also is known to tighten the skin and give it a natural glow. So why depend on chemical-based products to get rid of acne scars when lemon juice is so handy and easy to use.
10. Lemon and Sugar Face Scrub for Blackheads:
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of water.
Preparation Time– 1 minute
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl.
- Using clean fingers apply it on the face.
- Massage using circular motions for about 4-5 minutes.
- Wash with cold water to close all the pores.
How Often: For best results, use this once a week.
Why This Works: This lemon and sugar face scrub for blackheads scrub is anti-bacterial. Lemon and sugar are great for cleansing the skin, leaving it dirt-free. Lemon removes all dead cells from the surface of the skin, preventing not only blackheads but also whiteheads and acne. Even the aroma of lemon screams clean and fresh. Sugar has antibacterial properties that can kill the germs and bacteria that clog open pores.
Lemon face pack can solve an incredibly impressive long list of skin ailments. It is a must-have ingredient in your beauty regimen. This article explains the benefits of using lemon juice on the face, and how to use lemon on face effectively in various forms to solve different skin problems that are worrisome like suntan, and is also an excellent bleaching agent in the removal of dark spots. If you found this article interesting and helpful, please do write to us and share with us your experience. We would love to hear as to which remedy helped you the best.