Are you experiencing a ringing, clicking, or hissing sound in your ears constantly? Do you hear a constant and prolonged high-pitched sound in your ears? You might be suffering from tinnitus. This situation is common among adults, and there are several causes of this medical condition. However, given the compelling power of yoga in curing several concerns, this best yoga for tinnitus is here to work on hearing concerns and ear issues. If you are wondering on how the yoga helps best with curing tinnitus or effectively reduce the pain and concerns related to the ear, keep reading this guide. Yoga to cure tinnitus is increasingly popular these days, and they are among the most natural ways to work wonders and solve your ear concerns.
What Is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus is an ear condition that involves constant sound in the ears, which can range from clicking to hissing or a high-pitched sound. However, one should be aware that these sounds are not externally audible. These ear and sound concerns can affect the cognitive functions of anyone and impact one’s attention and concentration.
Can Yoga Help With Tinnitus?
It is not surprising for one to wonder if there is any specific ear yoga for tinnitus, and how does yoga even cure the disorder. Several studies have gone on to show that yoga has a significant effect on treating tinnitus conditions. Given that yoga is beneficial for mind and soul, to bring in peace and relaxation, this helps effectively to improve hearing and relax the neck area. They work to bring in overall relief to the body and mind, including the ear working its way to reduce the tinnitus concern.
Symptoms and Causes of Tinnitus
Let us now see why tinnitus is caused and what the symptoms are,
While there are several lists of reasons, here are the most common ones.
- Aging issue and hearing loss
- Too much of ear wax and blockage
- Changes in ear bone and muscles
- Having exposure to very loud noises constantly
- Head injuries
- Muscle spasms inside the ear.
Here are common symptoms observed when one suffers from tinnitus.
- Constant sounds of buzzing or ringing
- Lower blood pressure
- Alternatively, there may be a low sound of humming or clicking
While there is no permanent cure for tinnitus, there are many medications available to reduce the perception of the sound. Yoga is considered to be the best to relieve and reduce tension and stress.
Yoga Poses to Reduce Tinnitus and Seek Relief:
Here come the most common and popular relief mechanisms through these yoga poses for tinnitus.
1. Bee Breath:
Also known as Bhramari pranayama, this yoga exercise is a breathing technique among several forms and variants of pranayama. This bee breath recommended, especially for hearing concerns, and is aimed to treat matters related to ear and neck in specific. The exercise relates to the exhaling of air, which sounds similar to that of bee’s humming and hence, the name. This is good yoga for tinnitus Ramdev.
How To Do:
- Sit crossed leg on the floor
- Close your eyes
- Close your ears using the index finger
- Do not press too hard
- Inhale deeply and keep the mouth closed. Exhale from the nose.
- Repeat the same for 7-10 times
2. Fish Pose:
The fish pose is also known as Matsyasana. It is already quite a popular one and helps to work towards supplying required blood to the head and ears. This yoga pose is known to reduce any stiffness or concerns near the ears and helps to improve hearing slowly. Here is how to do it. This is also popular tinnitus yoga baba Ramdev.
How To Do:
- Lie down on your back
- Place hands by your side
- Keep palm under hip for support and inhale and exhale slowly, yet deeply
- Raise your head and chest at the same time
- Maintain this position for some time
- Lower head back to ground now
- Raise chest, inhale and exhale slowly
- Do not do this if you have undergone any spinal or back surgery.
3. Triangle Pose:
Triangle pose, also known as Trikonasana, is quite popular and works wonders in the improvement of blood circulation. It helps to ease pain in the back and neck. This tinnitus treatment by yoga works on ears by making it pop, and relieves the blockage of ears.
How To Do:
- Stand on the floor and place both feet wide apart
- Keep left foot forward and turn to a 45-degree angle
- Place your right foot in a 90-degree angle
- Face the palms down and raise up both arms so that they are parallel to the floor
- Now move your right hand towards right side foot
- Keep the left hand in the air
- Turn head towards your left hand and focus your gaze there
- Release slowly and repeat.
4. Legs up The Wall Pose:
Also known as Viparita Karani, the Legs Up The Wall Pose are nothing, but a gentle and slow inversion of the body. This helps to calm the body and work on the muscles near the head and back. This pose helps to relax and increase blood circulation. It is known to reduce pain in several parts of the body effectively. This is a popular Ramdev baba yoga for ears, as well.
How To Do:
- Lie flat on the ground near the wall
- Lift your legs in a perpendicular fashion in a straight manner
- Let your legs rest on the wall in the right angle variant.
- Place both palms apart and lie down in a relaxed manner
- Try to remain calm with peaceful thoughts
- Stay in this pose
- Do not perform this if you have a back injury or neck disorder
5. Downward Facing Dog Pose:
The Downward Facing Dog Pose is popularly called as Adho Mukha Svanasana. This pose is named after lying inverted, facing the floor similar to the dog pose. This helps not just to relax the muscles, but to work on blood circulation flowing towards the head. This yoga exercises for tinnitus helps those who have ear pain, infection, as well as reduces blockage and works on nerves.
How To Do:
- Stand straight
- Stretch your elbows, get down on all fours, and lift both knees up
- Your body should look like inverted V here
- Press down with the help of palms and heels only
- Hold the pose
6. Cobra Pose:
The cobra pose, Also known as Bhujangasana, and those who are into yoga already know about the benefits of this pose. This helps to strengthen the chest, neck, and throat area while working on the back. Energy levels energize with this pose, and it improves blood circulation. It helps to focus better and reduce ear pain. This also aids in yoga for tinnitus and hearing loss.
How To Do:
- Lie down on your stomach
- Keep palms on the floor and elbows towards the body
- Now begin to straighten the arms until the upper side of the body is raised
- Inhale and exhale at the same time simultaneously
- Your chest area would be stretched out
- Focus and hold on for 30 seconds and return
- If you are pregnant, have a back injury, or recent surgery, then do not do this pose.
7. Camel Pose:
The camel pose is otherwise known as Ustrasana. Here this pose is beneficial for throat and heart chakras, which helps to reduce the blocks and relieve the stress. The ENT issues and similar concerns related to pain can be reduced by the effective flow of blood to the neck and head area. This works beneficial as a tinnitus cure by yoga.
How To Do:
- Kneel on the floor, hip-width apart
- Bend backward such that the calf muscles would be in a perpendicular position
- Stretch out arms and reach for your feet
- Lower your head
- Take deep breaths and hold the pose
- Bring hands back to the glutes, exhale and lift torso up
- Do not perform this if you have any severe back or leg injury
8. Hand to Big Toe Pose:
This is a lesser-known yoga pose, which is called as Padangusthasana. This post is performed in several variants; you can choose to bend down to your big toe or lift the big toe up and work on flexibility. This works immensely by allowing blood to flow effectively to the head area. All ear blockages with ear and nose reduce with this pose if done regularly.
How To Do:
- Stand erect
- Raise your big toe as you inhale and exhale
- Do it slowly
- Use a middle finger, index, and thumb of hand to hold the big toe
- Release and do again.
9. Cow Face Pose:
This pose is known as Gomukhasana and helps to improve the blood circulation of the entire body. This is not very easy to do, and it requires a lot of flexibility to perform this pose. The pose works on the overall health and reduces pain near the head and neck. This is among the lesser-known yoga asanas for tinnitus.
How To Do:
- Sit erect on the floor with legs and hands fully stretched
- Fold the left knee and bring it to the right hip
- Now keep the right knee on left knee
- Ensure that the foot comes near the left hip
- Straighten the back
- Lift left arm and reach for the fingers of the left hand behind the back area
- Bend the other arm and reach for the fingers of the right hand at the back area
- Release this pose after a bit
- Do not do this if you have injured your hands or legs
Given above are the best yoga to cure tinnitus, and one can totally try these out for a natural and safe solution with effective results. These yoga asanas help to work wonders and increase the overall well-being and fitness. It mainly cures pains and concerns near the neck and ears. Try them and tell us which ones suited you the best and how they helped you.
Ensure to consult your healthcare provider before you begin any exercises by yourself. While yoga effectively helps to reduce ear issues and pain concerns, one must always take doctor’s approval before undertaking the same.
Frequency Asked Questions And Answers:
Q1. Does Massage Help And Aid In Tinnitus Curing?
Ans: Yes, massage definitely helps and works wonders to reduce tinnitus pain. It also reduces stress and anxiety, works on improving and relieving tension, and relaxes the ear muscles.
Q2. Does Vitamin Deficiency Cause Tinnitus?
Ans: Most times, deficiency in vitamin D and Vitamin B12 can cause hearing loss and ringing in the ears. These need not occur in all who suffer from this vitamin deficiency, but generally can be a cause for concern.
Q3. Can Noise Pollution Cause Tinnitus?
Ans: Exposure to heavy and loud noises can definitely lead to tinnitus and related ear concerns. Further, if you are already suffering from the same, you must ensure to take care of your ears and not expose them to such loud noises.
- 25 Best Home Remedies For Earaches
- 9 Effective Home Remedies for Ear Infection