Acai Berry Diet Plan Benefits & Their Side Effects !
We love blueberries which are filled with antioxidants that help in detoxifying the body and help to reduce the signs of ageing on our faces. But it seems like blueberries have a new rival in the market – Acai berries. These are grown harvested from acai palm and are grown in Brazil. The tree normally grows in swampy areas and in flood lands. Acai berries have been grown by the localities’ of Brazil since time immemorial. These berries were either eaten fresh or even use in their drinks, smoothies and even in ice creams.
In this article, we explore the acai berry diet plan benefits and their side effects. Let’s have a look into them.
Acai berry contains a large seed inside and is extremely high in fibre. As long as the acai berry diet is concerned, acai berries can help in losing a lot of weight. It is a natural method of losing weight and also is a detoxification aid. There are various forms of acai diet but mostly the acai diet consists of acai and additional herbs, natural substances, minerals and herbs.
What Does Acai Berry Diet Contain?
People who generally follow the acai berry diet take supplements that contain acai and other natural substances that help in reducing the weight of a person. The substances include:
- Vitamins B
- Cascara sagrada
- Conjugated linoleic acid
- Green tea
- Omega-3 fatty acid
- Verba mate
Science Behind The Acai Berry Diet Plan:
The research on acai berry on rats has shown a developed immune system, a reduction in oxidative stress and LDL which is bad cholesterol. In one of the human-based research has shown an increased antioxidant level. Though the research was successful, there is no scientific proof that the acai berry diet actually helps in losing weight.
See More: High Protein Diet For Weight Loss
Benefits Of Acai Berry Diet Plan:
- The benefits of acai berry diet are minimal and have been listed below.
- Helps in the improvement of sleep.
- Increases stamina.
- Develops energy.
- Helps in the better absorption of minerals such as manganese, chromium, iron, vanadium and potassium.
- The presence of different vitamins such as vitamin B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), Beta carotene, vitamin C, K, D and E helps in the improvement of vision and better ability to convert carbohydrates into energy.
- Other ingredients such as fibre, amino acids, omega fatty acids and Theobromine helps in keeping the cholesterol in check. Also, helps in the combating of various heart diseases.
- Acai is also a stimulant and stimulates the central nervous system, improves the function of the heart and helps in lowering the blood pressure.
Side Effects Of Acai Berry Diet Plan:
If you are planning on a diet then you should also acquaint yourself with the side effects of such diets. Therefore, the side effects of acai berry diet have been mentioned and listed below.
See More: Grapefruit Diet Plan
- Experience of lower appetite.
- Since acai berries were not traditionally used for weight loss thus you should be very careful when opting for acai berry diet as chemical or artificial mode diet suppressants can be very dangerous to the health.
- Since the production of acai berry is limited to certain region, the availability of fresh fruits is very limited. Hence, people have to opt for acai berry supplements. And sometimes if the supplements do not compliment the body then it harms more than it does well.
See More: Green Tea Weight Loss Diet
Should Teenagers Take Acai Berry Diet Plan?
Since the teenagers today are very picky about the intake of healthy foods and most often prefer junk food thus preventing themselves from obtaining proper nutrition. Therefore, when teenagers opt for acai berry diet, it works well and faster for them than it does for the adults. Also, acai berry provides them with the necessary nutrition.
If you are looking to lose some extra pounds then you should follow some rules and regulations such as eat healthy, drink lots of water, maintain a food diary, get enough sleep of at least 8 hours and if possible then consider using some mind-body techniques like yoga, meditation, etc. this will help to keep the stress under control.