5 awesome paleo diet peanut butter cookies
Paleo, also known as the “Caveman diet”, is increasingly popular and its followers range from mothers wishing to drop weight to competitive body builders. There are different versions of the Paleo diet, however its main concepts agree on the following points:
> Only eat foods, which can be picked or hunted
> Avoid foods, which cannot be eaten raw
> Prefer meat products in which animals are fed their natural food
In other words: eat lots of fresh lean meats and fish, fruits, vegetables, and healthier fats; Eggs, Nuts and seeds, olive oil and coconut oil.
Each person willing to follow this diet is advised to study the respective dietary guidelines and see which ones fit and work best for them.
There are many advantages about the Paleo diet, like gaining more muscle and less fat, getting more vitamins, having a better digestion…and the most important one, you‘d be able to loose weight easily while eating this yummy and healthy cookies!
5 awesome Paleo diet peanut butter cookie recipes
1. Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies: high protein, gluten free.
Ingredients: ½ cup peanut butter | ¼ cup palm shortening | ½ cup coconut sugar | 1 egg | 1 ¼ cups almond flour | ½ teaspoon sea salt | ½ cup raspberry jam
1. In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, shortening, palm sugar and egg with a hand blender
2. Blend until smooth then stir in almond flour and salt
3. Scoop dough 1 tablespoon at a time onto baking sheet
4. Make a large thumbprint in the center of each cookie
5. Scoop jam 1 teaspoon at a time into the center of each cookie
6. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes
7. Cool and serve with a big tall glass of dairy free almond milk
Makes 24 cookies
2. Peanut Butter” Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Ingredients: 1 1/3 cups almond flour | 1/4 tsp of baking soda | 3/4 tsp of sea salt | 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon | 1/3 cup of raw honey | 3/4 cup of sunflower seed butter | 2 tbs of ghee | 2 tsp of pure vanilla | 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
Servings 1 1/2 dozen cookies
1. Preheat your oven to 176 degree C
2. In a medium-size bowl, first mix all the dry ingredients together
3. In a smaller bowl, next mix all the wet ingredients together
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and combine
5. Stir in the chocolate chips
6. Roll cookie dough into 2″ balls, and press down with a fork
7. Note: If the dough feels too sticky, put in refrigerator for a half hour
8. Bake on cookie sheet with parchment paper about 9 – 11 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. (Oven cooking times may vary)
9. Allow to cool and enjoy!
3. Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
Ingredients: 3 dates,(52 grams) | 2 ripe bananas | 1/2 cup of peanut butter (120 grams) | 1 egg | 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract (or vanilla extract) | 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg | 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves | 1/2 teaspoon baking soda | 1/2 cup crushed pecans (50 grams)
1. Preheat your oven to 177 Celsius
2. Add dates to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped
3. Add bananas, peanut butter, egg, and lemon extract and process until smooth batter
4. Add your nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and crushed pecans and mix one final time ensuring an even distribution of ingredients
5. Use a medium cookie scoop and scoop the batter onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet leaving room for them to spread
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom
7. Remove from the oven and let cool
4. Flourless Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
makes about 2 dozen cookies
Ingredients: 1 cup creamy peanut butter, unsalted (preferably organic) | ⅓ cup honey (*see note below to reduce sugar content) | 1 whole egg, or a flax egg | ½ teaspoon baking soda | ½ teaspoon sea salt | ½ cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, mix together the first five ingredients until a thick batter forms, then fold in the chocolate chips.
2. Using a tablespoon, or cookie scoop, drop batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350F, turning the pan half-way through the baking time so that the cookies brown evenly.
4. Once the cookies are lightly browned, remove the pan from the oven, and allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
5. Once the cookies are cool, and firm enough to handle, use a spatula to transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
6. Serve at room temperature, with your favorite beverage, or chill in the freezer for a cold, chewy treat!
5. Grain-Free peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 3 dozen
Ingredients: 1 cup peanut butter | 1/4 cup coconut oil | 1/4 cup honey | 1 egg | 1 teaspoon vanilla | 2 cups almond meal | 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional) | 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 176 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, stir together peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, combine almond meal, chia seeds, and baking soda. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Scoop the dough 1 tablespoon at a time and roll into balls. Set the balls on the baking sheet and flatten them with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes, until the edges just start browning. Do not overbake or they will be dry
There is no reason you shouldn’t be following the paleo diet or at least using it as a base for your dietary choices: “Eat like a caveman and shed pounds”. These delicious cheat cookies will allow you to enjoy the journey!