Crunchy and delicious homemade snack recipes
Are you looking for crunchy and delicious homemade snack recipes to tuck into? Homemade snack recipes don’t have to be fattening–with some planning and knowledge you do not need to give up all the good things when you want to eat healthy and be in shape.
Almond butter and banana cake with dark chocolate chunks
Almond butter and banana cake with dark chocolate chunks is one of the homemade snack recipes rich in protein, antioxidants, dietary fibre and healthy fat. Serves 6.
1/2 cup almond butter (with no added sugar)
2 tablespoons Manuka honey
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
50g Dark chocolate chunks (70% cocoa solids)
1) Mix almond butter in a large bowl with a hand blender until creamy.
2) Mix in the manuka honey, eggs and vanilla extract.
3) Add the baking soda and cinnamon.
4) Mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
5) Add the dark chocolate chunks and mix.
6) Transfer mixture into a well greased baking dish.
7) Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 15 minutes and it is ready to be served. Enjoy!
Coconut flour & Cocoa biscuits
Coconut flour and cocoa biscuits is one of the crunchy and delicious homemade snack recipes rich in antioxidants, minerals and dietary fibre. Coconut flour is a healthy alternative to traditional refined wheat flour. It is gluten-free, rich in dietary fibre, manganese, protein and lauric acid. Serves 9.
1/3 cup coconut flour
5 teaspoons coconut oil, softened but not melted
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon of organic cocoa nibs
2 teaspoons manuka honey
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
2) Put all the ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix with a hand mixer until it is fully integrated.
3) Use a spoon and scoop nine balls onto a baking paper and mash each one down with a spoon to make it ½ an inch thick.
4) Bake in the oven for 15mins until it starts to turn brown. It is now ready to be served. Enjoy!
Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans) nibbles
Chickpeas nibbles is one of the most crunchy and delicious homemade snack recipes and is rich in dietary fibre, protein and minerals.
1/2 x 230g carton (or tinned) organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan sea salt
1 teaspoon of cayenne chilli pepper
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of tamari soy sauce
1) Pour chickpeas into a bowl.
2) Place all seasonings listed above and olive oil into the bowl (you can use any seasoning of your choice).
3) Mix it through and leave to stand for 5 mins.
4) Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes and it is ready to be served. Enjoy!
Eggs, Sweet Bell Pepper and Re Onions Muffins.
Eggs, sweet bell pepper and red onions muffins are rich in protein, healthy fat, vitamins and minerals. Yields 8 muffins.
8 muffin cups
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 red onions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
salt and cayenne chilli pepper to taste
1) Mix the chopped red pepper and onions together in a bowl.
2) Fill the muffin cups with the mixed chopped pepper and onions until they are about 1/3 full.
3) Whisk eggs, baking powder, salt and pepper until it is well mixed together.
4) Add the egg mixture to the muffin cup until they are 3/4th full.
5) Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they are brown and it is ready to be served. Enjoy!
Remember eating healthy does not mean that you have to give up snacking, as long as you snack smart and get in all the nutrients your body needs.