Kale Chips: Healthy Chips the Paleo Way!
Last week we brought you a highly nutritious burger courtesy of the brilliant Pete Evans and his superb Paleo Way team, so it only seems right to bring you chips this week. But not chips as you know them!
Aussie Pete is a superstar celebrity chef with successful TV shows throughout his homeland, the USA and Europe.
Eating the Paleo Way
Pete Evans has become one of the world’s foremost advocates of Paleo eating and has dedicated himself to studying it and delivering the benefits.
We are delighted that Pete and his team of Experts have provided WatchFit with a series mouthwatering and super-healthy recipes, published for you each week.
We know that last week’s burger proved a huge hit with so many readers (because a healthy burger? How could it not!) so following on from that, here is something you might like to eat alongside it…
Kale Chips with Garlic and Sun-dried Tomato
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 40 – 50 minutes
– 40 g (⅓ cup) of sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
– 80 g (2¾ oz.) of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and patted dry
– 1 garlic clove, peeled
– 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, plus more for greasing
– 1 large bunch of kale with the stems removed and leaves torn into large pieces (300 g)
1. Preheat the oven to 120 degrees Celsius. Grease a large baking tray with coconut oil and line with baking paper.
2. Combine the sunflower seeds, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, coconut oil, and ¼ teaspoon sea salt in a food processor and blend to a slightly coarse paste. Transfer the paste to a large bowl and add the kale, then toss to coat evenly.
3. Arrange the kale in a single layer on the prepared baking tray and bake for 40 – 50 minutes, or until crispy. Start checking after 30 minutes; don’t overcook the kale leaves or they will easily burn. Remove from the oven and cool before serving.
4. Store in an airtight container.
And there you have it, a very delicious and healthy snack: Paleo Kale chips with Garlic and Sun-Dried tomato.
1. Place the soaked sunflower seeds, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, coconut oil and ¼ teaspoon salt into Thermomix bowl and blend by slowly moving dial up to speed 7 for a few seconds.
2. Scrape down sides and lid of bowl, and repeat until you achieve a slightly coarse paste.
Remember to come back each Friday to find the latest Pete Evans Paleo Way recipe.
You can be sure it will taste fantastic and be genuinely healthy. Not only that, you’ll be expanding your culinary repertoire in very impressive fashion every week!
The Paleo Way 10 Week Activation Programme
The Paleo Way 10 Week Activation Program is a vibrant health, weight management and fitness program, tailored to a Paleo lifestyle.
It teaches you the synergy between eating good food, moving your body every day and looking at the positive sides to life. The secrets to a healthier and happier life.
Reclaim your health at The Paleo Way
Connect with Expert Pete Evans.