Paleo Moroccan Carrot Salad
Much of Europe is still basking in Summer sun and wonderful temperatures and here in Australia we’re inching closer to our Spring and Summer – so either way it’s a good salad eating weather and time for my Moroccan Carrot Salad!
Not only is this a fantastically nutritious meal, the beauty is that you can have this salad on the table in less than 10 minutes!
And it has proven to be really popular too. It has probably received the biggest response out of all the salads in any of my books when I have made it for friends.
I shall let WatchFit readers into the secret…
It’s in the dressing which includes ginger and sumac. The dressing does contain a small amount of honey, so if you’re trying to remove all added sugar, just omit the honey and go for a more acidic dressing.
Here are all the details you need
Preparation time: 15 minutes
• 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• 1 long red chilli, de-seeded and
• finely chopped (optional)
• ½ teaspoon ground sumac
• 4 large carrots, grated
• 1 handful of almonds (activated if possible), toasted and chopped
• 1 large handful of chopped
• coriander leaves
• 1 handful of chopped mint leaves
• 3 tablespoons dried barberries or currants
• sea salt and freshly ground
• black pepper
In a large serving bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, honey and ginger until well combined. Add the chilli, sumac, carrot, almonds, coriander, mint, and barberries or currants. Toss, season with salt and pepper and serve alongside your favourite protein or as part of a spread of salads at a barbecue.
Moroccan carrot salad
1. Place almonds in Thermomix bowl and chop 5 seconds/speed 6. Remove from bowl and set aside.
2. Place 1 cm piece of ginger and halved chilli into bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 7.
3. Add olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, sumac, quartered carrots, coriander and mint to bowl. Chop 3 seconds/speed 5.
4. Add barberries or currants and chopped almonds to bowl and mix 5 seconds/reverse/speed 3.
5. Transfer to a serving dish, season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, toss, and serve.
Connect here with WatchFit Expert Pete Evans
Pete Evans is one of the world’s best know and foremost voices in paleo eating. The Australian celebrity chef has hit TV shows in his homeland and also throughout the USA and Europe. He is also a well known ambassador for a fit, active and healthy lifestyle.
WatchFit is thrilled that Pete and his elite Paleo Way team has been sharing his super nutritous paleo dishes with us.
THE PALEO WAY 10 WEEK ACTIVATION PROGRAM
The Paleo Way 10 Week Activation Program is a vibrant health, weight management and fitness program, tailored to a Paleo lifestyle. It teaches you the synergy between eating good food, moving your body every day and looking at the positive sides to life. The secrets to a healthier and happier life.
Reclaim your health at The Paleo Way.