Feel like you have overindulged, or feel sluggish and bloated and want to get back on track? Is your waistband a little too tight for comfort?
These can be signs that your system is in desperate need of a Spring Clean.
Late nights, stress, processed foods and too much alcohol can overload the liver, kidneys and digestive system, leaving them in need of a well earned rest.
If you want to kickstart your new healthy eating lifestyle (it is not about denial; it’s based on fresh, nutritious, cleansing and restorative foods that are easy to digest) then try a quick One Day Smoothie detox challenge to get back on track.
The aim is to boost your antioxidant intake and strengthen the immune system.
If the words smoothie or detox make you nervous, they shouldn’t, if you do it right you are working to prepare your body for a healthier more natural lifestyle.
Detoxes can help you kick-start your weight loss, help with acne and other skin conditions and even more.
I would always recommend a natural and herbal organic detox for 10 days but this one day challenge will get you started down the path to a healthier you, all you need is a blender.
There are some golden rules you need to follow
1) Ensure your detox smoothie is at least 80% green (80% green veg, with 1 serving of low sugar fruits added for a touch of sweetness).
2) Always add protein to your smoothies. I use a plant based organic protein powder and would recommend that you do some careful research on your protein powders, read the labels carefully as most have too many “nasties” in that you don’t want to be adding in to your smoothies.
3) Add chia seeds or flax seed to boost your smoothie.
4) Start your day with a cup of warm water with ½ a squeezed lemon
– 1 scoop Protein Powder (I recommend an organic plants based protein powder with added greens and superfoods)
– 1/2 avocado
– 1 large handful spinach
– 3 sprigs parsley
– ¼ cucumber
– Handful of blueberries
– ½ teaspoon tumeric powder
– 1 tablespoon almond butter
– Juice of ½ fresh lemon
– 1 cup of almond milk or filtered water
Blitz and enjoy!
– 1 cucumber
– 4 celery stalks
– 1/2 a green apple
– 1 cup almond milk
– 1 tbspn coconut oil
– 1 cup kale or spinach leaves
Blitz and enjoy!
– 1 frozen small to medium banana (ripe and peeled)
– 1 scoop Protein Powder
– 1 orange (peeled and seeds removed)
– 1 ½ cup of spinach
– 1 ½ cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
– For a sweeter smoothie, use 1 pitted medjool date
Optional: 5-6 ice cubes – blend and enjoy!
You can even treat yourself to a detox bath!
Detox Bath: 2 cups of Epsom Salts and 1o drops of lavender oil in a bath as hot as you can handle.
If you would like any help getting started on your detox, would like more information on the right protein powder to use or for more free smoothie recipes connect with me.
You can also find out how I can help create a bespoke plan for you, and get you started straight away.
Connect with Expert Kerry Madgwick