Weight Loss with Coconut Oil (and Other Goodies)
Well isn’t that a nice title. And for those who know me you’ll be aware I believe very strongly in ‘natural’ remedies for absolutely everything.
As well as being wonderful for all sorts of things, actually losing weight with coconut oil is incredibly easy and later in the article I tell you about some of its other uses – you will be amazed!
Coconut oil is the world’s most weight loss friendly fat. It contains a unique combination of fatty acids with powerful effects on metabolism.
Several studies show that just by adding coconut oil to your diet, you can lose fat, especially the “dangerous” fat in the abdominal cavity.
Coconut Oil is high in medium chain triglycerides, fatty acids that boost your metabolism and this oil is vastly different from most other fats in the diet.
Going with the premise that eating ‘fat’ is good for you, all you need to know is which fat and you’re set!
But first losing weight with coconut oil
Trust me if its good enough for Angelina Jolie, who is reputed to eat at least a couple of teaspoons a day, then it’s certainly good enough for me and you!
Here we go…
As an appetite suppressant, put 1 tablespoon coconut oil in hot water, you can add it to herb teas or even coffee. Take before each meal.
If that’s too much of a faff you can always just eat some. It’s not like eating other ‘oils’ because it’s not really that greasy. Try it and see how you get on.
Or you can try the recipe below.
A super recipe I read the other day – instead of using coffee creamer or milk which of course cools the coffee anyway…
Try this recipe!
– 2 teaspoons coconut oil
– 1/1.5 teaspoons Manuka honey
– cinnamon powder
– vanilla essence
1. Mix it all together – it’s absolutely delicious and does not cool the coffee at all of course. Make sure you mix it really thoroughly otherwise the oil can start to curdle a bit and isn’t pretty.
I have been known to make this and then just eat it with a spoon and it never even gets to the coffee! An added bonus to ‘drinking’ it daily is that it’s great for giving you energy as well.
Lose weight and feel great. Wow!
And the best bit it this is, it’s so good for you.
Here’s some other uses for coconut oil:
– Use as a moisturizer and cleanser. It takes of make up really easily and your skin will feel lovely.
– You can use it as suntan ‘lotion’ and a body moisturizer. Use it every day and it will help get rid of cellulite.
– It can help the healing of sunburn once the initial ‘burning’ has gone.
– You can use it as a natural shaving ‘cream’ and after shaving.
– Rub it directly on age spots and see them disappear and it can help reduce the appearance of varicose veins.
– A little bit on your hands and rubbed through your hair will get rid of frizzy.
– Taking it regularly it is said can prevent and even get rid of Alzheimers.
– And put it on mosquito bites to lessen the sting.
– Of course you can use it in cooking. Stir frys, or anything that needs oil. It doesn’t ‘burn’ like other oils and has a very light taste.
How about as a toothpaste?
Put a small ‘lump’ on your toothbrush and brush away. It leaves your mouth feeling great. And you can use it as ‘mouthwash’ while you’re at it. Again just swishing some round your mouth helps with keeping gums healthy.
– A teaspoon of coconut oil in your tea can help soothe a sore throat and if you use it as a lip balm you can get rid of cold sores naturally.
– As a natural ‘lubricant’ because it won’t interfere with vaginal flora and following on from that how about as a ‘tropical’ massage oil.
Dry skin on your feet?
Mix with salt and rub in to make your feet silky smooth. And put it on its own on your elbow to make them smooth too.
With all these use plus lots more do make sure you’re using the finest organic coconut oil you can find, it’s well worth it. Enjoy!
Connect with Expert Adrienne Marks