Minneola Benefits (Tangelo) : 16 Amazing List With Nutritional Facts
One of the many types of Oranges which have been put under the spotlight recently is a Minneola, Orange or the Tangelo fruit! Also called a honey bell, for its peculiar bell like shape, Minneola oranges are known for their bright orange skin and juicy pulp. They are known by various names like “Narinja” in Telugu, “Naarangee” in Hindi, “MilirumArancu” in Tamil and “KittaleBanna” in Kannada. Minneola oranges are loaded with Vitamin C, Calcium and other key nutrients. Let’s get to know some more interesting Minneola Benefits (Tangelo Benefits) for skin, hair and health.
What Is A Tangelo?
Minneola Orange or Minneola Tangelo is a species of Orange, which belongs to the family of citrus fruits. The usual Tangelo season starts from January to April. These oranges are characterized by orangish skin and juicy segments inside. Tangelo Orange is the size of a fist and has an easy-to-peel skin. They have very fewer seeds compared to the other orange varieties, making them perfect for juicing or gulping them on the go!
Is Tangelo Fruit Good For Health?
Tangelo fruit is quite beneficial to your health and offers numerous advantages. It is low in calories and contains many important minerals and vitamins. Tangelos are loaded with calcium to strengthen your bones and teeth. They also contain natural anti-oxidants to shield your body from many types of infections.
Tangelo Vs Orange:
The main difference between a tangelo and an orange is that Tangelo is a cross breed of Tangerine and Pomelo fruits. While orange, on the other hand, is a pure breed variety of the citrus family. Oranges are usually sweet or sour in taste, while Tangelos have a slightly sweet and acidic taste.
Tangelo Nutrition Facts:
Listed below is the nutritional value of Tangelo fruit weighing 109 gm(approx.):
- Total Calories: 70
- Total Fat: 1 gm
- Total Carbohydrates: 13 gm
- Dietary Fiber: 2 gm
- Proteins: 1 gm
- Vitamin C: 100 % of DV
- Folate: 80 % of DV
- Potassium: 6 %
Wonderful Tangelo Health Benefits:
Here we enlisted 16 impressive minneola benefits for skin, hair and health. Let’s have a look in to them.
1. Removes Blemishes and Dark Spots On Skin:
One of the best Tangelo benefits is their role in treating dark spots and blemishes. They contain Vitamin C which is very much important for the skin. Instead of throwing away the peels, you can dry them in the sun and use it for a good face mask.
How To Use:
- Grind the peels after they have dried till they become powdered.
- Mix it with some milk and scrub it all over your face for five whole minutes.
- This will give your face an instant glow and reduce any kind of dark spots and blemishes.
2. Prevents Acne:
Minneola is also great when it comes to treating your skin and fighting acne. It will remove all excess dirt, soot or bacteria that tend to collect on the face because of pollution. For this, you will have to use the orange peels again. This will help you get rid of harmful wastes and toxins from your body and purify it from head to toe. Minneola oranges are so good for your health that you can combat skin oiliness with the reduce pimples and spots effectively.
3. Lightens Your Skin:
Those who have tanned skin and would like to make it fairer and beautiful should make use of Minneola on a regular basis. This will remove the excess tan from your skin and make it look beautiful as well. The texture of your skin will improve and you will be visibly fairer than before.
How To Use:
- All you need to do is crush the segments of the minneola oranges and add some yogurt to it.
- Make a paste and apply all over the face. Keep it for fifteen minutes and wash off with cold water.
- You will instantly see a difference.
4. Fights Signs Of Ageing:
Minneola can also fight anti-ageing. By signs of ageing we mean dark spots, dullness, pimples and wrinkles. If you are in your early thirties, you must have started to experience problems like these. This is probably because of the lack of moisturization on your skin. A simple way to combat this problem is by making use of some healthy minneola.
How To Use:
- Take the peels of this fruit and create a face mask using honey and curd.
- Apply all over the face and let it stay for about twenty minutes. Wash off with cold water.
- Repeat this procedure three to four times a week in order to see the best results.
5. Gets Rid Of Blackheads:
Minneola oranges are also something you could use in order to get rid of blackheads.
How To Use:
- All you will have to do is make a fine paste of powdered orange peel and yogurt.
- Use this paste all over the area you have blackheads and scrub it well.
- Make sure you are scrubbing for two whole minutes.
- Now let it stay for about fifteen minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- You will get rid of blackheads effectively only within a couple of months.
See More: Benefits Of Moringa Leaves
6. Restores Skin Glow:
Most women have complained that they have dull dry and unmanageable skin. A simple solution to this huge problem is the application of some nice Minneola orange spray.
How To Use:
- You will need two oranges for this. Extract the juices out of them and fill it in your ice tray.
- Now keep it in your freeze for a couple of hours.
- Rubbing these frozen orange cubes all over the skin will brighten your face and refine your pores at the same time.
- You will feel fresh and rejuvenated after this.
7. Conditions Your Hair:
Minneola oranges have often been used as excellent hair conditioners. And the steps you need to take in order to prepare this are pretty simple.
How To Use:
- Just take some orange juice, water and some honey.
- Apply this mixture all over your hair and leave it for ten to fifteen minutes.
- This will give you healthy, beautiful and long hair instantly.
- In fact, you will feel a difference after your hair has completely dried.
8. Prevents and Treats Dandruff:
A great way to treat dandruff is by using some healthy and tasty minneola oranges. All you will need for this is the juice of orange peels. This is quite an old remedy and has been used for several years in order to treat dandruff.
How To Use:
- Take the juice and rub all over your scalp.
- You have to rinse your hair thoroughly after this that will remove dandruff and give you beautiful and shiny hair only within a couple of days.
- Minneola oranges are truly the best in the business.
9. Stimulates Healthy Hair Growth:
Orange peels can also help you promote hair growth. It contains vitamin E which is very much vital for your hair. It will not only prevent hair loss but also allow your hair to grow thicker and longer. Being rich in Folate, this fruit can help in strengthening your follicles from within to reduce thinning of hair density.
10. Minneola Benefits For Weight Loss:
One of the biggest Minneola benefits is its role in promoting weight loss. Being low in calories, this fruit can help in satisfying hunger levels without adding much bulk to the body. They are also rich in dietary fiber for speedy digestion of food. Tangelos can also burn your fat cells and reduce the excess fat deposited around your waistline.
See More: Benefits Of Eating Mango
11. Boosts Immune System:
Tangelos are rich in Vitamin C, with one fruit supplying around 100 % of this vitamin. Vit C is a natural anti-oxidant which can shield your body from many infection causing bacteria and virus. It can also prevent a number of allergies, common colds, coughs and even deadly Cancers.
12. Increases Blood Circulation:
Poor blood circulation in the body can cause damage to your organs. Tangelos are loaded with Folate and iron levels, which can improve your blood flow, by treating the loss of red blood cells in the body. They help in oxygenating your organs and pave way for better functioning.
13. Prevents Cancer:
Tangelos contain different types of antioxidants and flavonoids. Among them are the Flavanones, which can effectively reduce the risk of falling prey to Cancers. Flavanones are also known for their cancer-fighting abilities by killing the tumour cells and encouraging healthy cell growth.
14. Strengthens Bones and Teeth:
Healthy bones make a healthy person. Tangelos are packed with key minerals like Calcium and Magnesium which can strengthen your bones and teeth. They help in lowering the risk of fractures by improving your bone density. Consuming fresh tangelos every day can reduce tooth breakage and loss.
15. Prevents Kidney Stones:
Studies show that drinking citrus juice every day, particularly Tangelo juice helps in eliminating the Kidney stones. The acidic content of this juice can melt these stones and get them flushed out through urine. You can consume a glass of Tangelo juice for a few days to notice the difference.
See More: Moringa Oleifera Benefits
16. Good For Heart Health:
Tangelos are wonderful for your heart by lowering your cholesterol levels. Accumulation of Cholesterol in the body can block your arterial walls and narrow the passages. This can lead to poor blood flow and ultimately lead to heart attacks. Chronic heart patients can greatly get benefitted out of a Tangelo.
Tangelo Side Effects:
Tangelo, like any other citrus fruit, can cause certain health complications. Read on to know some of the common Tangelo side effects to our body:
- Heart Burn
- Mouth Ulcers
- Irritation in Stomach
- Teeth Sensitivity
- Interference with certain medications
Aren’t you surprised reading the above incredible minneola benefits ? Tangelo used to grow widely in most backyards and was a great delicacy back in times. This amazing fruit is relished by both adults and kids and is even used in many recipes. From flavoured rice to a tangy dessert, a Tangelo can be had in many forms other than juice or whole fruit. So what are you waiting for? Time to hunt for some seasonal Tangelos!