Pain During Pregnancy
Pregnancy is accompanies by several complications in women including a diverse amount of problems like dizziness, nausea, headache, backache, breakouts, vaginal discharge and many others. But the most common problem faced during the course of pregnancy is various pains during pregnancy. These pains mainly include early pregnancy pains like headache, backache and others also include sharp groin pains and abdominal pains.
Different Types of Pains During Pregnancy:
Here are all these pains discussed which women encounter during their pregnancy.
Headaches are one of the common problem during the pregnancy and it causes a lot of discomfort. These are not fixed, may occur at any instant time ranging from mild to severe ones too. Headaches are the most common early pregnancy pains and also during the third trimester of pregnancy.
During the first trimester, as the body is adopting to new metabolism and physiological changes there is a huge rise and fall of various hormones also accompanied by increase in the blood volume. Specifically these two changes cause the most frequent headaches and other reasons may be due to stress, poor posture, and other medical reasons.
Some of the common reasons also include lack of sleep, dehydration, low blood sugar levels or caffeine withdrawal symptoms. Women having migraine problem may experience fewer migraines and in others it could be more frequent, depends on the compatibility of the body to adopt to the changes taking place in the body during pregnancy. Headaches during third trimester maybe caused due to increased tension because of carrying weight or high blood pressure condition during pregnancy.
See More: Hypothyroidism During Pregnancy
The Best of The Ways to Treat The Headaches Can Be By:
- Avoiding excess of stress and tension
- Practicing good posture every time specially during the third trimester
- Get plenty of rest and relax your body
- Do sufficient amount of exercises like walking or doing yoga may also help to prevent headaches
- Eat balanced diet and nutritious food and do not skip any meals instead keep on eating at short intervals
- Apply cold and heat packs to your head and have massage done during the headaches
If these methods don’t workout, you can opt for medication and get rid of the headaches.
Back pain during pregnancy is the discomfort most of the women suffer from and can be expected to certain degrees by most women. This pain can be at any stage but is most common during the later stages of pregnancy as the baby grows and tension in the body is increased. Backache during pregnancy can also interfere with your daily routine and sleeping problems.
Backache is caused due to a number of factors and the women who are overweight or had back pain prior to pregnancy are more vulnerable to the back pain. Some of the causes are:
- Increase in the hormones released during pregnancy which allow the ligaments in the pelvic region to soften and make the joints looser for the delivery and thus may affect the support your back normally has and leads to backache
- As your uterus and the baby grows, the center of gravity too changes which causes a change in the posture leading to the pain in back
- The amount of weight your back has been supporting till now has increased and thus pressure on your back too increases leading to pain
- Poor posture or standing for long intervals can also trigger pain in sensitive areas including your back
- Stress can be a major cause of any pain during pregnancy and same is the case with the backache
See More: Immune System In Pregnancy
Back Pain Cannot be Prevented Completely But you Can Take Various Steps to Minimize the Backache which Include:
- Use exercises suggested by your health care provider to strengthen the back and abdomen
- Instead of bending to pickup the items squatting should be preferred as it puts less stress on your back
- Avoid sleeping on your back and adopt comfortable posture while sleeping
- Avoid wearing high heels or other shoes that do not provide sufficient support to the body
- If the pain is severe you can choose to wear a support belt under your abdomen
- Get plenty of rest and relax your body by elevating your feet which proves beneficial to cure back ache
Pains during early pregnancy include pelvic pain but it is more common in later stages of pregnancy. To accommodate the baby, the ligaments begin to soften and stretch, hormonal levels keep on changing, organs are shifted to make space for the growing uterus and the baby. During pregnancy swelling can cause pain in the pelvic region.
Various reasons are responsible for the pain you experience in your pelvic area:
- Ad the baby and the uterus grows, the pressure on the pelvic region increases that can cause severe pain in the pelvic region
- As the second trimester begins, the ligament that goes from the top of the uterus down the groin stretches which causes pain in the pelvic region
- Once you reach your third trimester, the increasing weight of the uterus and the baby is responsible for the sharp pain in the groin region
- Bad posture while sitting or lying may also cause stress on the pelvic area which is responsible for the pain
See More: Baby Acid Reflux Symptoms
The pain cannot be ignored as it causes serious discomfort and thus a few measures can be taken to treat this pain which include:
- Doing regular exercise like walking and also involving yoga in your daily routine
- Include fiber rich food in your diet and have healthy meals and also avoid oily and spicy food
- Pelvic pain can be because of one of the main problem i.e. constipation, thus find measures to treat constipation
- Have heat packs to cure the pelvic pain or take warm bath
- Get a prenatal massage or try some other therapies to relive the pelvic pain by recommendation of your doctor
- Use the technique of acupuncture to alleviate all kinds of pains
Pregnancy can be discomforting if you have so much of pain in your body, so adopt measures to tackle with these pains effectively and also talk to your doctor to consider these pains seriously if they are persistent and seek medication to get rid if natural methods are not enough to cure it.