While many of us strive to come up with innovative and latest trendy hairstyles suiting us, we often miss out on the important factors that may or may not suit us. The face shapes play a major and important role in suiting or matching our attire and styling. As we spend several hours to think about how best a style or haircut can work on us, here we are making your job easy. Read this guide to know more on different hairstyles for face shapes. As per your nature and shape of the face, these hairstyles can best match or not match you.
Find out the perfect hairstyle for yourself here, which can well go and complement the face shape. Further, we also give you an extensive article on how to style these hairstyles with different occasions and dresses to make your job easy!
Different Hairstyles for Face Shapes Guide to Check-Out:
Given below are a few well-known world-class hairstyles to suit your face shape with images which surely inspire you. Continue reading to know more about what best you like and how they suit you well here.
1. Mermaid’s Tress:
This style is a Greek hairstyle which is very popular amongst college girls all around the world today. Easy to make, it requires just half an hour to completely pull off this hairstyle in the morning, thus making it every time a moderate hairstyle. Accessorise with your choice of headgear to make it look even more appealing. This hairstyle is perfectly suitable for the long shaped face.
- Best Season to Try: This style best matches the summer season.
- Suitable Age Group: Try this style you are in your late 20s and early 30s.
- Preferable Face and Hair Type: Women with the oval and diamond face shape can work on this style well with long smooth hair.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Wear this style with a long dress or gown or even ethnic dress as you choose to for a nice dinner outing with family and friends.
2. Short Braid:
A braid is easy to make and easy to handle, and the best part is that it is advantageous if you have thin hair. If you are adventurous, you can create a set of braids with both shorter and longer hairstyles so that your entire scalp is full of braids which are very fashionable amongst teenagers today.
- Best Season to Try: Women can suit this style well in winter and monsoon.
- Suitable Age Group: Those women in their late 20s and early 30s can try this style out.
- Preferable Face and Hair Type: If you have a square or round face shape with any hair type, you can try this out.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: This funky style best suits western short dresses for a night party kind of occasion.
3. Middle Path:
This haircut for face shape is well suited and loved by many. This is middle path hairstyle for medium straight or wavy hair. It is a great style and is loved by all given the comfort, ease of doing this hairstyle. It is sophisticated and brings out elegance. All women can carry this style well. A good volume of hair is required to carry off this hairstyle sufficiently.
- Suitable Age Group: Women in their 30s can rock this style than others.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style for any season as you wish as it suits all the time.
- Preferable Face and Hair Type: Those with the heart face shape and wavy or straight hair can rock this style with grace.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Try this style with beautiful formal wear like blazers or knee-length western dress for corporate night parties.
4. Updo Messy:
The messy updo bun is awesome if you have a college event or the prom. Though this hairstyle for different face shapes is boasting of youth, it can also be adorned by corporate heads as well because of the sophistication it carries. The updo look looks great with a large variety of messy curls both on the front and back. This is one of the hairstyles for round faces with medium length hair.
- Suitable Age Group: Women in their 20s can suit this style better than others.
- Best Season to Try: Those in summer can like this style, given the ease and comfort level.
- Preferable Face and Hair Type: Those with oval and diamond-shaped face with any hair type can work on this style.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Try this style with a funky and bold western outfit like dresses and gowns for night parties.
See More: Hairstyle for Big Face
5. Super Casual Bun:
This hairstyle is surely matched for any face shape. The super casual messy bun is yet again a great way to go if you want to let your hair down during a social event or a party. Even for a regular casual hairstyle, this is a great way to go. Super casual requires just a small bun with a large variety of messy curls to properly pull off this great look.
- Suitable Age Group: Women of any age below 40 can work on this style.
- Preferable Face and Hair Type: Any medium to long hair with any face shape can try this style out.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this hairstyle in summer as it is quite comfortable and classy at the same time.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: This simple style can be suited to any casual outfit to modern dress as per your choice for nice gatherings with friends.
6. Simple Layers:
Simple layers are probably the universal face shape hairstyle that you could ever choose. All you require is a good length of hair, giving you the perfect hairstyle which suits almost all kinds of face types. Simple layers are easy to make and easy to handle, as well. This is also one of the most popular hairstyles for the small face with long hair.
7. Messy Bun:
An excellent messy bun is always a great way to go because this type of hairstyle is perfect as it is flexible with almost all kinds of face shapes and will most definitely make you the centre of attention to the event that you wish to visit. My face shape is round, and this is one of the beautiful hairstyles for my face is precisely suits.
- Suitable Age Group: Women in their 20s can rock this style.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this style in summer for best comfort.
- Preferable Face and Hair Type: This is the best hairstyle for my face shape if you have the oval face shape and any hair type.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Try this with super casual T-shirt and pants to set the trend to go out for any outings with friends.
See More: Haircut for Oval Face
8. Customised Look:
The customised look is the perfect way to find the perfect hairstyle to suit your face shape. The customised look requires a lot more time than any other hairstyle to find because of constant experimentation. At the end of the day with some hard work, you will find your unique hairstyle that will suit your face shape excellently. This is one of the most beautiful and finest suitable hairstyles for different face shapes.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is outstanding in trying this style out.
- Suitable Age Group: Women in their 20s can rock this style totally than others.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: This is well suited for long western fancy dress for some special fancy events only.
- Preferable Face and Hair Type: Any medium to long hair with the oval-shaped face can look good in this hairstyle.
9. Bouncy Ponytail:
A normal ponytail is nothing new, but a bouncy ponytail puts a new rendition to the straight and sleek ponytail. The bouncy strands of your hair enhance the wavy layers. First, the hair remains undone and curling the whole hair with a curling iron. Backcomb the hair and then pulling all of the hair into a ponytail at the back of the head. To have a lifted or elevated ponytail, tighten the elastic by pulling them apart. You look classy and elegant sporting this style with your face shape.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this in winter or monsoon to look good.
- Suitable Age Group: Women in their 20s can look good with this hairstyle.
- Preferable Face and Hair Type: This style suits oval, round and diamond face shape with wavy hair.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Try this hairstyle with any ethnic kurta as you wish for regular college-going.
10. Bombshell Blowout:
The messy and wavy pattern of this hairstyle will enhance the sex appeal. These messy waves are sexy. The bombshell blowout hairstyle is done by applying mousse and blowing it rough dry. After it is done the drying, it is wrapped randomly. The layers that define the face profile are curled using the curling iron. In the end, these layers are messed up with the fingers creating a tousled effect. This creates an appealing outlook, and you can sport this style on your face shape in any party in a western outfit.
- Best Season to Try: Winter is best for this hairstyle out.
- Suitable Age Group: Women in their 40s can work on this style well.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Wear a cute fancy knee-length dress to go to tonight parties or functions as you wish.
- Preferable Face and Hair Type: If you have an oval and diamond-shaped face with any hair type, you can work on this style.
11. Pinup-Girl Pigtails:
This hairstyle elevates and elongates the outlook of your shape face. Hence, it is especially recommended for round or small faces to try this. Curling your entire hair before you start wrapping is highly required. Once you are done with curling, the hair is teased to the top back portion to look like cotton candy. Two low pigtails with loose braids are its speciality.
- Suitable Age Group: Women in their 30s and 20s can look good in this style.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this style in summer as this is best suitable for during this time.
- Preferable Face and Hair Type: Those with any hair type and face type can totally rock this style.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Nice knee-length or western gown dress is well to this style to go for night parties or fancy events.
See More: Hairstyles for Oblong Faces
12. Fishtail Bun:
This is another great hairstyle for the long shaped face. Fishtail bun is an eye-catching style for long-haired women. Now, it is time for fishtail bun. Those who are having long hair and like to be the centre of attraction would surely try this out without any hesitation. The hair is pulled into a low ponytail and doing fishtail braid to the end of the hair. After this, the fishtail is wrapped around the back of your head. Suitable hairpins like that of U-shaped pins are used for catching the braid against the back of your hair to secure it in a particular and appropriate place. This is finished by tucking the end of the hair into the braid, thus forming a fishtail bun.
- Suitable Age Group: Women in age below 40 can grace this hairstyle.
- Best Season to Try: Wear it in summer to look good and match to style.
- Preferable Face and Hair Type: Those with an oval and heart-shaped face with any long hair can look good in this style.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Try this style with western dress or skirts or pants as you wish as it suits all. Further, try styling this out for sweet cocktail parties.
13. School Girl Hairstyle:
This type of hairstyle is following in women and young girls all around the world. In this look, you look damn cool having any face shape. This is the ever most natural style to sport. A large piece of hair is swept across your forehead and then slid in black or coloured bobby pins. This style is suitable for those having a wider forehead. This is one of the perfect hairstyles for rectangular faces.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this best in winter and monsoon to look good.
- Suitable Age Group: Women in age below 22 can look good in this hairstyle.
- Preferable Face and Hair Type: Those with straight hair type with the oval-shaped face can better suit this style.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: This style is suitable for skirts and shorts to go to nice fancy events or feasts or celebrations.
14. Ribbon Braid:
This is one of the best suitable hairstyles for face shape of all types with simple braids. If you are crazy about doing hair styling using some other elements, then you are in the right topic. Braid is done with the help of ribbon, and the main part of this style is not to make it look perfect. Otherwise, the main fun is lost. Messy braid with black or coloured ribbon is the main attraction. Gathering your hairs on the top part of the head makes it look like a horseshoe shape. Use the ribbon with any two parts among three separate parts of the hair to braid crazily and tie knots randomly after few rotations. This messy braid with ribbon surely goes with your face to opt for a change.
- Best Season to Try: Wear it in any season as you wish as you like it.
- Suitable Age Group: Women in their 30s can look good in this hairstyle.
- Preferable Face and Hair Type: Oval-shaped face and any hair type can look good in this style to try out.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: This funky style can be best with funky and quirky western dress to go for lovely dance parties or events at night.
See More: U Shaped Haircuts
15. Undone Updo:
The undone updo is a well known and popular hairstyle, which is quite easy to try out. This is done simply by blow-drying the hair well with small and medium brushes. Further, make a low ponytail and messy twist it in such a way to make a base with bobby pins. This is best for those who do not have time to prepare and style up but want to look a bit stylish. Try this style out for all women as they like. This style goes with your face shape and elevates the beauty quotient of your face.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is suitable for grace in this style.
- Suitable Age Group: Try this for any women below 40 years of age.
- Preferable Face and Hair Type: This hairstyle is for face shape and hair type and good with all kinds and is good for all women.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Knee-length or a cute full-length dress or classic wear is best to this style to go for dinner dates or night outings.
- Maintaining hair always requires time and patience.
- Hence the key is not to skip any routine but follow it every week without fail.
- Trim hair often in two months to maintain the same hairstyle if you like.
- Apply oil mask every week once or twice to make sure hair is nourished and moisturised. This will avoid hair getting dry and rough.
- You can elevate the hairstyles to another extent by adding up accessories to hair as you like.
- Women with the round-shaped face can avoid hairstyles which have high crown and hair until forehead styles to hide up the face shape more.
- Elevate and elongate styles are not suitable for those who have an oval-shaped face.
These hairstyles are well curated to suit different face shapes and hair types. Hope you liked this guide on hairstyles for face shapes. Try them and experiment as it best suits you. Let us know how you like them by sharing with us. These styles are, for sure, going to transform you and make you look trendier and stylish than before. Further, they are quite easy and takes no effort.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Are bangs suitable for round face shape?
Ans: Yes, bangs suit the round-shaped face. However, blunt bangs should be avoided as it will accentuate the round face shape. Hence go for graphic bangs or layering bangs. They may look good on those who have a round-shaped face.
Q2. Does bob hairstyle go good with those who have a square face?
Ans: Yes, bob style goes well with those who have a square face. Try for tousled bob as it will come up with layers and will less emphasis on the squareness of the face. Wispy layers and softening the edges are important for those who have a square face.
Q3. Can I have short haircuts for round face?
Ans: Round faces are often tricky. Even saloon stylists think twice on the best style for suiting them. The idea of styling round face is to make haircuts in such a way that it elongates the face, and it does not look shorter. Hence short haircut is good until it does not accentuate your roundness.