Barbell Exercises- Important Advice and Information
Barbell exercises are mostly meant for heavy weight training. It is mostly an exercise that benefits weight-lifters, power-lifters and bodybuilders. It is the best tool to measure the body’s ability to lift raw weight. These exercises are the most easy and effective way to tone and improve muscle groups in your body. Here are some easy and effective barbell exercises:
1. Bench press: Begin by keeping your body flat on the bench. Now hold the barbell in such a way that it is slightly wider than the shoulder-width. Now inhale as you lower the bar to your chest. While doing so, keep your elbows close to your sides. Exhale when you push the weight up. This targets the chest, hence the closer the bar can be brought to the neck and elbows back to shoulder level, it would benefit the chest. Do the same for three sets of 8-10 reps.
See More: Benefits Of Medicine Ball Exercises
2. Squat: Squats help to shape the legs. To gain amazing quads, squats with barbell are the best exercise. Doing a back squat would be ideal. Begin by standing under a squat rack. Rest the barbell on your traps in a comfortable position. Place your feet slightly turned out, shoulder width apart. Arching your back slightly, with your head up and looking straight, squat down till your thighs are almost parallel to the ground. Ensure that your knees move in a direct line over your toes. It would be ideal to elevate your heels for better stability. Do the same for three sets of 6-10 reps
3. Upright Row: Traps are thick muscles that would form above your shoulders on working out. To gain good traps, upright row would be the perfect exercise. For this, grip the barbell overhand, with hands not wider than the shoulders. Hold the barbell close to your body. Now raise the barbell to your chin level, ensuring that the shoulders that the shoulders are elevated. Lower the bar gently till your arms are fully extended. It is good to have a closer grip while doing this to get better traps. Do the same of 3 sets for 9-12 reps
4. Dead lift: The dead lift is done to benefit the lower back, traps and legs. The bar should be on the floor. Begin with an overhand grip (with one hand over the other), shoulder wide and keep your feet shoulder width apart. With your arms locked, extend them completely. Squat down ensuring that the thighs are parallel to the floor. Hold the back tight and your head looking up and forward. Your chest must be forward, over the bar. Lift the weight off the floor with the legs straightened out. Throughout the whole movement keep the barbell close to your legs. When your legs are closer to full extension, straighten your back. Do the same of three sets of 4-6 reps.
See More: Hula Hoops Exercises
Tips for starters:
1. Ensure that you join a group or a school which has been certified. The trainers need to be highly trained and with certifications from reputed authorities and sources
2. When beginning with Barbell Exercises, take one step at a time. Rome wasn’t built in a day, so don’t stretch more than you can afford, or you would end up De-motivated and with bodily injuries
See More: Fitness Boot Camp Exercises
Barbell Exercises is all about strength training, so focus on that while being supervised and guided.