Tattoos – a trend that we either love it or hate it! But, there is also a fair amount of population (including us), who hang on in the middle of the spectrum, having confused opinions about it. With all the millennials flaunting their unique tattoo designs on Instagram, we slowly get pulled into this bandwagon and get adventurous to try them out!
But, before you get inked, you need to understand that tattoos are not mere body arts! In the words of Johnny Depp (of Hollywood fame), our body is like a journal and the tattoos are stories written on it! Whether it is a simple name in an exotic script or a complex Asian art, you need to understand the significance of the design before permanently etching it on your skin.
To make matters easy for you, we have collected 100+ best tattoo designs and their meanings for men and women, along with detailed explanations of each. Are you ready to get inspired?
Best Tattoo Designs and Symbols for Men & Women
Before you end up with a silly design on your body, we recommend you take a look at these simple tattoo ideas. Remember that this tattoo is going to stay with you for at least a few years. So, it’s worth the time and effort to analyze the sketch carefully, before immortalizing it on your body. Let us help you understand how to read the hidden meanings of some popular tattoos and where are they best placed:
1. Colorful Mickey Mouse:
Mickey Mouse is the iconic character of Walt Disney Motion Pictures! Although a mere mouse, it represents the true spirit of the company, which includes happiness, fun and dreaming big. If you are a youngster ready to explore the world all by yourself, this easy tattoo design makes perfect sense. Adding a splash of colors in the background reveals your enthusiasm and positive attitude towards life!
- Suitable For: This is one of the Best simple tattoos for boys and girls between 15-23 years of age
- Preferable Ink: Black for the face and brighter shades for the backdrop
- Where: On visible areas like forearms
- Size: You can try a small to medium-sized design, depending on the size of the area
- Skin Tone: Fair and Wheat skin tones, for better visibility of colours
2. The Delicate Flower:
Flowers are the best tattoo designs ever! They look pretty and mostly, never fail to create impressions! This dainty floral design instantly draws our attention towards it. The blooming flower, with a little bud, represents youthfulness, love, hope and beauty. The duo can also represent the philosophical aspect of life and death. Adding a watercolour like inking brings a fragile effect to the sketch.
- Suitable For: Ideal for women and girls. Can be tried by men too!
- Preferable Ink: The basic sketch is done in black. Red and green colors are used for flower and stalk.
- Where: It looks good on the side of the arms, because of its vertical shape
- Size: You must go for at least a medium-sized ink for the details to show up
- Skin Tone: Best done on lighter skin tones
3. The Elephant Headed Ganesha:
Lord Ganesha is one of the major Gods of the Hindu religion. He is the remover of obstacles and difficulties. Not only is he popular in India, but also worshipped by millions across the world. Many westerners prefer getting a Ganesha tattoo for its deep spiritual meaning. The face represents knowledge and wisdom, while the Omkara and the Trishul symbols represent auspiciousness and destruction of evil.
- Suitable For: This is a unisex tattoo and can be done on anyone.
- Preferable Ink: For the details of crown and jewellery to be visible, use black with hints of red.
- Where: Get it done on arms, shoulders or back. Avoid placing religious symbols on the lower part of the body like legs, buttocks, thighs etc.,
- Size: A large-sized design can capture the details well.
- Skin Tone: Ideal for fair to medium skin tones.
4. Pleasing Peony Tattoo:
If you want to try a slightly bigger and prettier floral design, try this pink Peony. This beautiful flower represents love, romance, good luck and prosperity. As per a Green mythical tale, Peonia is a nymph who attracts the mighty Apollo and becomes shy when he approaches her. So, if you are a bashful woman who is afraid of unwanted attention, a Peony is the one for you!
- Suitable For: Peonies are associated with womanhood and feminity. So, they are more suitable for the female gender.
- Preferable Ink: The outline is done in black and the details are added in pink and green colors.
- Where: The shoulder is the best spot for this lovely design.
- Size: A good palm-sized design can do justice to the beauty of this flower.
- Skin Tone: Looks amazing on fair and lighter skin tones.
[ See More: Best Flower Tattoo Designs ]
5. The Bodhi Tree:
The Scared Bodhi Vruksha is one of the simple meaningful tattoo symbols to try on your body As per Buddism, Gautama Buddha, it is under this very tree that he gained enlightenment. Since then, it has become the central symbol of the Buddhist principles and also a symbol of peace, hope and awakening of the inner consciousness. If you are on the path to this state, this design can be a fair idea!
- Suitable For: It is a unisex tattoo, so both men and women can try it.
- Preferable Ink: Black is the best color for this design.
- Where: Get it done on your forearms or wrist.
- Size: A small to medium-sized design looks good.
- Skin Tone: As it is in black, anyone from fair to dusky skin tones can try it.
6. A Path Of Mountains:
Mountains represent an unwavering spirit of strength and courage. They can also represent the great journey of human life. The high and low peaks of mountains indicate the ups and downs during this travel. If you notice at the bottom, an arrow connects the mountains, indicating the past, present and future of your life. The sun can be interpreted as either the starting or the ending of your lifetime (sunrise or sunset).
- Suitable For: It is one of the unique meaningful tattoos for both men and women.
- Preferable Ink: Choose black and keep it simple!
- Where: This concept best suits areas like forearms or wrists.
- Size: Go for a medium-sized design to draw attention.
- Skin Tone: Suits any skin tone, but looks great on wheat and fair tones.
7. Love Thy Self Tattoo:
Are you a narcissist? Do you have an obsession with yourself? Then this cool meaningful tattoo reveals your inner feelings to the outer world! The pigeon which is a symbol of love carries a message which has “ME”. So, before anyone starts making guesses on who the lucky person is, you tell it out loud and clear! Remember- if you cannot love yourself, you cannot love anyone else!
- Suitable For: Pigeon, heart and flowers are suitable for women and men.
- Preferable Ink: You can go for black or use hints of red and green if desired!
- Where: Get it done on your forearm for better visibility.
- Size: You must try atleast a medium size to capture the details well.
- Skin Tone: Ideal for lighter skin tones.
8. The Globe Trotter:
This tattoo can be interpreted in two ways – You love to travel or you want to conquer the world! Either way, you are leaving a footprint on this planet and revealing your inner desires through this design. It also shows that you are a person of acceptance and have a willingness to learn from people you meet. Not to forget mentioning the adventure part of the journey!
- Suitable For: Since it uses a male motif, it is the best tattoo for men.
- Preferable Ink: Use earthy colours for the globe and do the man’s figure in black.
- Where: Forearm or Biceps to make a bold statement.
- Size: Go for a medium to large size design, to capture the colors and the details well.
- Skin Tone: As it uses shades of brown, the design may suit fair skin tones only.
9. The Black Mandala:
If you have a spiritual soul, then this Mandala design is a great choice. The not-so-complicated design represents the never-ending circle of life. The outer circle represents your union with the cosmos, while the inner ring shows our position within it. This beautiful shoulder tattoo also represents our connection with the past, present and future!
- Suitable For: Mandala designs are unisex and work for both men and women.
- Preferable Ink: The base must be done in black. You can add colors if you want to!
- Where: Get it done on the shoulder or an area which can accommodate the detailed sketch.
- Size: Medium to large size Mandalas capture the details accurately.
- Skin Tone: As this is done in black, it can suit fair, medium and dusky skin tones.
10. A Tiny Sapling With A Name:
Although it looks tiny, this delicate sapling turns into a mighty tree with time! It represents longevity, hope, prosperity and youthfulness. It is painted in a vertical way to indicate an upward growth in your life. If you are embarking on a new journey in your career or a relationship, this pretty green sprout is a great representation. Add a name or a goal to it to bring in the connection!
- Suitable For: The Sapling tattoo is unisex and people of any age or gender can get it done.
- Preferable Ink: The basic sketch is done in black and the leaves are filled in green.
- Where: It needs a small, but visible area like wrist, side of the hand or above the ankle.
- Size: Saplings are best done in small sizes.
- Skin Tone: Make sure the green is visible on the skin tone. Avoid the color if you have very dark skin.
11. Anchor and Compass Tattoo:
Anchor tattoos are timeless designs, which were originally done by the Sailors. They are associated with strength, stability and peace. Adding a compass to this indicates that you are seeking direction in your life. It can also represent your passion for travelling or seeking adventure in life. Nautical tattoos also show your respect and admiration for the Naval base, who protect and secure us from external threats.
- Suitable For: Generally, Anchor tattoos are preferred by men. But, women can also try them out.
- Preferable Ink: Use a combination of black and blue to keep it true to the theme.
- Where: On the side of the neck, shoulder, back of the neck or wrist for better visibility.
- Size: Depending on its position, you can try a small to medium-sized design.
- Skin Tone: This is best done on fair and lighter skin tones.
12. Memorial Tattoo:
Memorial tattoos are inked to remember or honour your loved ones. You can fill the tattoo with important information like birthday dates, deaths etc., In this design, you can notice a delicate wreath around the numbers to indicate the lifetime of your favourite person. It could either be of your daughter, son, father, mother or even your partner.
- Suitable For: Memorial tattoos are great for both men and women, as they carry an important memory.
- Preferable Ink: Keep it in black or use a hint of their favourite colour in the details.
- Where: Best done on the wrist, hands, neck or shoulders.
- Size: A large or a medium-sized design gives it a significant appearance.
- Skin Tone: Ideal for all skin tones, because of the use of black ink.
13. Quotation Tattoo:
Capture the power of words on your body and get inspired by them every day! This Quotation tattoo reflects your positive attitude and unwavering never-to-die spirit. The phrase “Never Stop Dreaming” can motivate you and stay focused. Especially when you are down and need some push, quote tattoos can give you the much-needed encouragement.
- Suitable For: Quote tattoos can be done by anyone, irrespective of their age and gender.
- Preferable Ink: You can write the wordings in black and add a couple of colorful elements.
- Where: This is best done in a wide area like the forearms, front leg etc.,
- Size: Keep the font slightly big, so you can read them well.
- Skin Tone: Unless you have a very dark skin tone, you can go for this idea.
14. Mystical Moon Charm Tattoo:
If you are looking for a small meaningful tattoo, try this beautiful crescent moon design. The delicately done design represents feminity and creativity that is hidden inside you. The colors reflect your emotions and those cute little charms symbolize good luck and success in all your endeavours. You can also mix with other elements like hearts or your own good luck charms.
- Suitable For: This new tattoo design is suitable for women, as the crescent is associated with womanhood and feminism.
- Preferable Ink: Draw the outline in black and fill it with colors in an asymmetric form
- Where: As it is a very small design, draw it on the side of the shoulder, neck or even the outer wrist.
- Size: This is best done in a smaller size. But, avoid too tiny designs to prevent color blur.
- Skin Tone: Colors like blue, violet, yellow are best visible on fair and lighter skin tones.
15. Falling Flowers Tattoo:
Flowers have a number of meanings associated with them, which changes with the type of colors used, the design and also the placement area. In this cute meaningful tattoo, the falling flowers symbolize “letting go of the past”. They remind us gently to let go of the bygones and enjoy the present times. The loose petals can also give you a subtle hint on how beautiful your future can be.
- Suitable For: Flowers are best done on women. For males, you can use different colors like blue other than pink.
- Preferable Ink: Pink and green are ideal for these flowers.
- Where: A long area like the shoulder side creates the space for “falling” effect.
- Size: Use a group of three to four flowers in small sizes.
- Skin Tone: The delicate pink is visible on fair and lighter skin tones only.
16. Birds Flying Out Of Cage:
Do you believe in freedom and independence? Then use this tattoo as a symbolic representation of your inner thoughts. The bird flying out of a cage can mean an escape from physical or mental slavery. Whether it could be out of a bad relationship, job or even depression, the open cage symbolises that you finally found your way out!
- Suitable For: The bird and the cage idea is suitable for both the genders.
- Preferable Ink: Use basic colors like black and brown, as too many hues can get distracting.
- Where: The upper arm is great for this tattoo.
- Size: It is a small design, but you can increase the size by a notch or two.
- Skin Tone: Ideal for light color skin tones. If you have a darker tone, then go for thicker outlines.
17. Tribal Kolam Tattoo:
What happens when the tribal designs meet the traditional south Indian Kolams? You get this amazing design which can instantly draw your attention. The entire arms are covered with a combination of the dot and lines Rangoli, interspersed with tribal symbols. It can mean your mixed ethnicity and love for the basics.
- Suitable For: These Boho chic designs are a popular trend with both men and women.
- Preferable Ink: It is done in all black. Avoid colors and keep it minimal to focus on the details.
- Where: It is a whole arm tattoo. But you can use parts of it on different areas of your hand.
- Size: Use a combination of different elements to make a large design.
- Skin Tone: The black color looks amazing on fair and wheat skin tones.
[ See More: Best Tribal Tattoo Designs ]
18. The Black Scorpion:
A Scorpion has plenty of symbolism associated with it. It can represent danger, strength and resilience. A scorpion motif with a raised tail can serve as a warning to your enemies. It can indicate your readiness to attack them if they mess with you. Since a black scorpion is the most venomous creatures on the earth, people will definitely remain at a safe distance from you!
- Suitable For: This totem is best suitable for men. But, women who are highly sensitive and defensive can also get it done.
- Preferable Ink: It’s quite obvious! A black scorpion is done in all black ink. Make sure to add a little glossy effect for realism.
- Where: Get it done on your forearm for instant visibility.
- Size: You must try atleast a medium to large-sized design to threaten people.
- Skin Tone: Black is visible on any skin tones. So, don’t worry about it!
19. Asian Calligraphy Tattoo:
In Asian countries, Calligraphy is considered to be the finest forms of art. The artistic strokes with a brush look very fascinating and intriguing. Even a common name can look very “exotic” when written in Chinese or Japanese fonts. This tattoo is one such example, in which the symbols convey a variety of meanings, emotions and ideas. Before you get it inked, make sure the design translates to the concept in your mind and not mere gibberish!
- Suitable For: Asian tattoos are very popular with young girls and boys.
- Preferable Ink: For visible fonts, black is always the best bet!
- Where: The forearm is an ideal place for such tattoos. Else you can try an armband style!
- Size: Choose a font size that is visible even from a distance.
- Skin Tone: It is suitable for any type of skin tone.
20. Watercolor Leopard Tattoo:
Wild animals like Tigers and Lions have always been the best muses for a tattoo artist. It is only in recent times that Leopards are equally recognised for this artform. Just those two big cats, a leopard also represents power, confidence, leadership and fitness. Along with that, it also represents swiftness and even feminity and gracefulness!
- Suitable For: Leopard tattoos are more suitable for women than men.
- Preferable Ink: The outlines are done in black and multicolours are used to create a watercolour effect.
- Where: Get it done in a broad area like the shoulder, upper back, thigh etc.,
- Size: It must be a decent sized image for the details to show well.
- Skin Tone: The colors are better visible on lighter skin tones.
[ See More: Best Animal Tattoo Designs ]
21. Logo Tattoos:
Had to a sell a car or bike that you loved immensely? Do you love a particular brand of vehicles? Then, canonise your feelings for it with this logo tattoo. Adding olive leaves around them convey your admiration and passion towards it. These tattoos are usually preferred by bikers, racers or riding enthusiasts!
- Suitable For: There is no gender bias for this design. Anyone who loves a branded bike or car can get it done.
- Preferable Ink: Keep it black or use the same colors in a logo.
- Where: The forearm, shoulder, back, lower leg or any visible area.
- Size: Keep it in a realistic size to capture the details well.
- Skin Tone: A black colored logo suits almost any skin tone.
22. Thunderbolt Tattoo:
Traditionally, a thunderbolt represents energy, knowledge, power and getting new ideas. It can also indicate the destruction of ignorance and the quick spark of intelligence. If you are seeking for a groundbreaking idea that can change the world around you, this tattoo is a perfect way to inspire yourself every day. Getting it at the back of your ear reflects your creativity and unique personality.
- Suitable For: This design is suitable for men and women, who wish to awaken their inner intelligence.
- Preferable Ink: Use a combination of yellow and black for a smashing effect. Add hints of red to show its active state.
- Where: You can try any visible spot on the body, but the area behind your eye doesn’t seem like a bad idea!
- Size: Go for a smaller size, but not too tiny!
- Skin Tone: Suits wheat and dusky skin tones.
23. Pretty Blossoms:
A blooming flower has many symbolic meanings. It can indicate the beginning of a new phase in your life, whether personal or professional. Usually, people get it done in the initial phases of their new-found love life. The flowers, growing amidst a bunch of leaves may represent the support received from your family and friends to you and your partner.
- Suitable For: Blossoms, flowers and other delicate things are reserved for women. Men can take the same concept but represent it in a different way!
- Preferable Ink: The outline should be done in black. Filling it with pinks or blues adds an artistic touch!
- Where: The forearm or the area above the wrist is a great place for this ink!
- Size: Keep it in a decent size to make the leaves and flowers visible.
- Skin Tone: It is best suited for lighter and fair skin tones.
24. Watercolor Feather:
A feather may appear like a fragile object, but its lofty symbolism is sure to leave you impressed! It represents a spiritual connection between the creator and owner, which is the God and the bird. Along with that, a feather can also portray the qualities of independence, free-will and a wandering mind. Adding a watercolour-like effect to it elevates the feelings of positivity, hope and confidence.
- Suitable For: Feathers are suitable for men and women. Depending on the symbolism you are looking for, you can try feathers of various birds like an eagle for strength, parrot for beauty etc.,
- Preferable Ink: Sketch the feather in black and add various colors with a dripping effect.
- Where: Any visible area like the forearm, the side of the neck or above the ankle is ideal
- Size: A palm-sized design can wonderfully capture the details
- Skin Tone: Suitable for lighter skin tones, as the colors may not be visible on dark tones.
25. Tribal Dolphin Art:
Dolphins are one of the most lovable and intelligence species on earth. They are free-spirited creatures, which live in harmony with their peers. In countries like Polynesia and South Africa, Dolphin tattoos are done using tribal symbols to represent their culture and strong family bonds. These designs also show their association with Nature, particularly the Oceans.
- Suitable For: Tribal tattoos are suitable for men and women. However, the depth of the design and the complexity can vary with individual tastes.
- Preferable Ink: Black is the best color for such designs. Adding colors may give it a garish look.
- Where: Side of the leg is the best place for this concept.
- Size: If you want to capture the details well, go for a fairly medium to large size.
- Skin Tone: Suits all skin tones, as the base is done in black color.
26. Musical Note Tattoos:
There can be no better therapy to heal a wounded heart than with Music. A soulful rendition can instantly uplift your spirits and fill you with positive vibes. So, why not try a music motif for everyday motivation? In this design, the treble symbol is surrounded by a line of musical notation to represent the tune being played!
- Suitable For: Musical tattoos are not gender-specific. Anyone with basic knowledge and passion for music can get them done.
- Preferable Ink: The symbols are best visible in black color only.
- Where: Get it done on your forearm to make an instant impression.
- Size: You can customize the size based on the size of your hand.
- Skin Tone: Can be done on all skin tones.
27. Spiritual or Religious Tattoos:
If you are a firm believer in the power of God and his doings, then go for this tattoo. It has a simple “Blessed” word inked on the top of the shoulder, meaning you are blessed to be under his presence and guidance. The Holy Rosary with a cross pendant indicates your spiritual and religious orientation. You can change the symbol depending on your own beliefs.
- Suitable For: Men and women prefer such tattoos, as they are not specific to any gender or age.
- Preferable Ink: Wordings are best done in black. However, you can add a hint of color like red or pink to convey a particular emotion.
- Where: The upper part of the chest is a great spot, as it shows your respect and love for God.
- Size: Keep it small, but visible.
- Skin Tone: The chest part is usually lighter-toned than the rest of the body. So, anyone can try it.
28. Quirky Arrow Symbol Tattoo:
The arrow has a lot of symbolic prominence in many cultures. It conveys many meanings such as sense of direction, aiming for a goal or as a symbol of protection. Depending on the way it is depicted, the meanings change a lot. This tribal-inspired arrow design can convey a mix of different concepts like defending your pack, friendship and warding off an evil eye.
- Suitable For: Arrows are usually associated with masculinity. So, they are more suitable for men.
- Preferable Ink: As it is a tribal tattoo, keep it in black.
- Where: Get it done on your forearm, wrist or the shoulder part.
- Size: A medium-sized tattoo can capture the dotted lines well.
- Skin Tone: Ideal for fair to dusky skin tones.
29. Lotus Mandala Tattoo:
Among the innumerable Mandala designs for a tattoo, the Lotus Mandala holds a special significance. As it is a symbol of purity, having it on your body is known to fill your mind with pure thoughts. Also, it is believed that gazing at a Lotus Mandala can promote healthy mental growth and also improve your physical well-being.
- Suitable For: Lotus Mandalas with a Ganesh symbol inside it is best for those who believe in the Hindu philosophy.
- Preferable Ink: Mandalas look good in black. But you can add some color if you wish to.
- Where: A flat surface like the upper back or the naval region supports this design.
- Size: Go for a fairly good-sized design, as smaller ones tend to get blurry over time.
- Skin Tone: This looks beautiful on lighter and wheatish skin tones.
30. The Cowgirl With Weapons:
A Cowgirl represents the power of women! She is strong, valiant and no lesser than a man. Armed with a knife, a revolver and a pistol in her hand, the lady looks very confident. She might look cute in her mini skirt, hat and high heeled boots, but mess with her and she will show you who’s the boss! If you are a woman of such traits, then go for this design and give everyone a subtle warning!
- Suitable For: This is perfect for women and girls, who are like iron fists in velvet gloves!
- Preferable Ink: Keep it basic, keep it in black!
- Where: The design must be visible, so get it done on the side of your arms!
- Size: A large-sized design (preferably of the size of your forearm) looks great.
- Skin Tone: Fair to medium skin tones.
31. Swallow Birds Tattoo Designs for Couples:
The swallow tattoo designs are associated with the eternal stars and the souls of the dead from the ancient times. Here you can see the pair of swallow birds stand on the branch which is perfectly matched on wrists.
Swallow tattoo designs represent freedom and happiness like birds. Most of the girls like to flaunt this type of tattoo designs. Here the beautiful flying birds tattooed on her back properly.
32. Sun Tattoo Designs with Meanings:
The Sun represents fertility, strength, passion, courage and eternally renewed youth, light and knowledge. The Sun is also symbolised as royal and divine powers adopted by both secular and religious authorities.
It also reflects the Sun’s philosophical symbolic nature in most cultures around the world.
[ See More: Best Sun Tattoo Designs ]
33. Simple Moon Tattoo Designs with Pictures:
Similar to the Sun, the Moon also reflects philosophical symbolic nature in most of the cultures. And It represents eternity, purity and divine powers which are adopted by many religious authorities.
34. New Celtic Tattoos For Women:
Celtic tattoo designs are primarily a complex genre of interwoven lines which represents Mother-daughter Celtic tattoo. Such knot designs were used as a decorative on the surface since there roots are very culturally significant and profoundly symbolises.
35. Kanji Tattoo Fonts Designs and Meanings:
Kanji tattoo designs are ideal for expressing a deep feeling with such an attractive symbol. This tattoo style is becoming popular mostly among the westerners who believe that kanji designs identify them with an eastern philosophy based on geisha and cherry blossoms.
This kind of simple tattoo lettering fonts designs always symbolise peace, justice, harmony, power, strength, love, passion etc. They are now also trendy not only in China and Japan but worldwide.
36. Cute Heart Tattoos for Women and Meanings:
Heart tattoo designs are always famous in all over the world.
These types of tattoo designs are generally taken to show affection, love and care for their dear ones that accompanied them and acts a constant reminder of the reason what they are living and fighting for.
37. Crown Tattoo Designs for Both Gents and Ladies:
The crown symbolises an individual’s sovereignty over their existence, belief, judgment and performance. Though the crown is a reminder to use power and authority wisely and justly, it doesn’t allow the right to command another person.
[ See More: Crown Tattoo Designs ]
38. Sword Tattoos For Men with Pictures:
As we know warriors use swords during wars. A sword symbol signifies courage and a warrior’s dignity and pride which prepare a person to face every situation and the problem with courage.
See More: Breathtaking Pride Tattoo Designs
39. Beautiful Girls Tattoo Lettering Fonts:
Celebrities like Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox, lettering tattoos are now one of the top tattoo designs which are preferred mainly by the women.
Since girls tend to pick up quotes which will boost their confidence so the meaning of such text tattoos can be of religious matter or nature-inspired. For such tattoo designs, select a text wisely and try to make it short.
[ See More: Name Tattoo Designs ]
40. Chinese Tattoo Fonts Arts for Girls:
Chinese symbols are complex, and it is the reason that they are called as logograms which are not letters or just cool-looking patterns but symbols which represents a specific word or an object.
These logograms can be used in individual (like Strength, Courage, Faith) or combined into cool tattoo forms that have some meaning or even resides a story.
[ See More: Chinese Tattoo Designs ]
41. Fish Tattoo Designs for Women:
Many people often love to share their likes by having tattoos on their bodies. Mostly girls and women exhibit their feeling toward these types of fish tattoo designs.
People who love marine life or love the fish kingdom, they don’t shy away to show their affection for such creatures.
42. Colourful Tattoo Designs of Lotus Flower:
Lotus flower describes a sign of peace and harmony. Here the beautiful lotus tattoo designs painted on the shoulder which is very alluring also.
It is generally used in Buddhists symbols which also represent pure love. This type of great tattoos mostly preferred on hands and display parts of the body.
43. Beautiful Cherry Blossoms Tattoos for Women:
Cherry blossoms designs are considered to be beautiful and extremely feminine. Since this design is big and the most popular places are back, ribs, wrists and ankles. This design looks good in colour rather than in black and grey.
In Japanese culture, cherry blossom symbolises life, while in Chinese it represents the feminine principals, love, beauty and sexuality.
[ See More: Cherry Blossom Tattoos ]
44. Amazing Orchids Tattoo Designs:
Like orchid flowers are beautiful and rare species of flower, many girls select these designs to describe themselves as being rare and beautifully unique.
These orchid flower designs look more beautiful when they are done in colours.
No matter if bird tattoos carry any significant meaning for you or you simply like the way they look. Still, a bird tattoo will surely look lovely on you. We will give below some of the bird tattoo designs along with images and meanings.
45. Feather Tattoo Designs and Its Defines:
Feather tattoos are another design which is popular with girls. Different feathers symbolise different meanings. Such as a crow feather symbolises death in many mythologies, while a dove feather carries peace and serenity.
The most common feather design is of peacock feather since its beautiful, colourful and also meaningful.
46. Different Eagle Tattoo Designs for Men:
The eagle tattoo is a male design that crosses over a significant number of tattoo genres. The eagle’s ability to fly on the tops of mountains and swoop silently into the valleys makes it an unchallenged symbol of a free spirit.
The influence of American tattooing can not be overestimated especially within the military and patriotic service tattoo genres.
47. Om Tattoo Design:
The religious om tattoos are popular with boys and girls alike as they carry a significant symbol to them. You can select a motif that suits you best no matter what your religious beliefs are, even if you belong to other religion from the one you grew up with Sanskrit slogans tattoos are included in the list of the latest religious tattoos for the ones who are related to worship not only in India but all over the world.
[ See More: Best Om Tattoo Designs ]
48. Cross Tattoo Patterns:
For having a good tattoo design, there is no other religious icon or symbol more commonly recognised today than the Christian Cross Designs.
Famous and most recommended cross tattoos are Celtic cross, Maltese cross and Iron Cross.
Since a human being has connected the dots between the stars and named them the constellations, humankind has also been fascinated by the zodiac symbols for millions of years. Such symbols represent both classic Greek/Roman zodiac and the Chinese zodiac also.
49. Best Aries Tattoos for Men and Women:
People born on Aries zodiacs are considered to be ferocious. Aries tattoos have a character of a sheep whose horns are considered too unique and make it’s very masculine.
The symbol of this first zodiac sign is the Ram which is described to be aggressive in nature, so women can have this tattoo by applying some colours in it or by creating a cartoon sheep character that the shape looks cuter.
50. Taurus Tattoo Designs For Men:
Taurus is an earthy second sign with the symbol of the bull. Other than the bull character, it is also symbolised by a circle with two horns on it.
51. Artistic Gemini Tattoo Designs:
Gemini is symbolised by the image of twins which shows the airy third zodiac sign. Tattoos with this twin character already have a variety of innovative and artistic designs which are very easy to create.
Gemini symbol is usually designed by creating a ribbon under images of women twins, or you can have a roman number 2 which is also used as a symbol of this zodiac sign.
[ See More: Gemini Tattoo Designs ]
52. Zodiac Sign Cancer Tattoo Designs:
Cancer is described as a watery fourth sign with either crab or moon symbol. Such crab or 69 symbols are used for tattooing on the body as a form of pride in the trickery of their characters,
53. Virgo Tattoo Lettering Fonts:
Virgo is symbolised by the fertility goddess. It is represented as an earthy and adaptable sixth sign.
54. The Best Libra Tattoo Body Arts:
Libra is believed to be an open and sociable seventh sign which is symbolised by the Scales. Famous tattoo designs are related to justice among the evil and good. Along with the scales, other images such as the dragon, stars, eagle etc. to give it a new message.
55. Sagittarius Tattoo Designs:
Sagittarius is a fiery, adaptable ninth sign with an archer as its symbol. This tattoo has a Centaur character who keeps aiming his arrows. We all know that Centaur is a Greek mythology character that is believed to live and to be the forest dwellers.
They are described as a horse that has a human head with an arrow ready to be shot. Such philosophical character shows a definite purpose in life.
56. Capricorn Tattoo Designs for Men and women:
It is the earthy tenth sign symbolised by the goat. These cool tattoo designs symbolise honesty, justice, prudence, diplomacy and patience. They are the combination of the head of goat and tail of a fish.
[ See More: Capricorn Tattoo Designs ]
57. Cute Ankle Tattoo Design for Ladies:
When it comes to girls especially, tiny, cute tattoos are the best tattoo designs for women. It is mainly because they love to keep it simple and sweet and also want to keep it safer. Not that woman are lagging when it comes to large and gorgeous tattoos but it is always seen that this sort is more common with ladies and dandelions are now trending all over.
58. Owl Tattoo Design on Ribs:
Owls have always been trending in the charts when it comes to tattoo designing. Owls are a symbol of both good and bad omen according to many people, and so a lot of them do not want to take a chance. However, some of the best tattoo designs have owls as the base. These can be done in colours as well as other artistic patterns.
59. Temporary Animated Tattoos for Teens:
For the girly girls, these are some princess tattoos and especially some from the epic story of ‘Alice in Wonderland’. These are some perfect tattoo designs for women, and they are sure to look pretty no matter what age group you belong to. This is basically for those who want to revive their childhood and keep it with them.
60. Heart Rate Tattoo For Men On Chest:
Now this one is really cool among all tattoo designs for men because this can camouflage your chest and toned features in the best way. This is also a very small tattoo as compared to what most of the men like to do and so can be hidden at any time according to your choice.
61. Trendy Musical Instruments Pattern Tattoo:
When you are a lover of music and music simply makes your life, ink the favourite or the most stylish musical instrument. These are some of the best tattoo designs for both men and women and are trending all over the charts. When small musical notations look too small, these are the ones which look impressive.
62. Arm Band Tattoos For Men:
Choose from a list of simple tattoo designs and then get it inked nicely on your super toned arms like an armband. This looks simply hot on men as well as women. This is one arrow designs, but you can choose from a vast range of designs.
63. Gorgeous Circular Tattoo Design for Girls:
One of the best types of tattoo designs for women, these look like stamps absolutely. Here you need to choose some nice pattern and get that inked on a suitable part of the body. These need not be very big because the smaller ones look trendier always. These simple tattoo designs usually carry floral patterns with them. It is widely carried on the arms, ankles, neck, back or lower back by the tattoo lovers.
64. Finger Tattoos Symbols for women:
These are some of the most simple tattoo designs and also the safest ones. You can get your fingers or just one finger inked with some minimal and cute design which has a large meaning. This can be easy to hide just like that or even with make-up if needed.
65. Arrow Tattoo Design with Strong Meaning:
When it comes to the best tattoo designs, arrow tattoos are always a part of the list. Arrows have a lot of significance mainly because these are said to be directions. This means arrows pointing the right side means your life will run in the correct direction.
66. Popular Positive Quotes Lettering Tattoos:
When we are talking about the best tattoo designs for women, inspirational and positive quotes are always very popular. There are a lot of men too who like writing getting inked which they find relatable. These tattoo designs for men are getting trendy among women too. The people who are attracted to the slogan of famous people get this tattoo inked. They also show the attitude of one to live with.
67. Simple and Creative Tattoo Designs:
Be it a first-time tattoo or a wish to get something really simple and nice. These classy tattoos are some simple tattoo designs which suit all. Moreover, this thumb impression designs of all shapes look even better.
68. Elephant Tattoo Art on the Wrist:
Very common nowadays, cute elephant tattoos are one of the best tattoo designs for women mostly. Talking about this particular tattoo of the elephant with a balloon looks just too cute and is sure to be loved by all the girls out there.
69. Latest Colorful Tattoos Arts:
Fill your life with colours by getting colours inked on your body. Get any design and then decorate with colours. Very common as some tattoo designs for men these are slowly becoming very popular as the most recent fashion statements.
70. Shedding Dandelion into Birds Tattoo Arts:
This is the symbol showing that nothing, not even beauty is permanent but what is important is the grace with which you lose it just like the dandelion flower loses itself in the air. The birds in motion add charm to the image. This is now a trendy tattoo design for women.
71. Henna Tattoo Designs for Hands:
Now henna body art is not just something for weddings, it can also be used as a tattoo but is usually not considered as tattoo designs for men. These are special advantages for women where they can do it the natural way with henna. These latest tattoo designs are made out of henna. Hence, they are temporary tattoos carried out for special occasions.
72. Colourful 3-D Tattoos for Women:
If you are fair and if you also like the waters and to travel then this is the best tattoo design you can ever get. This is one pretty and colourful 3-D image of an anchor wrapped in blossoms, and it looks awesome.
73. Tattoos for Tourists:
Yes, these are some insanely gorgeous tattoos, especially for travel lovers. You can either get the world map inked or this one which is much more creative and artistic and also solves what you want.
74. Cute Dog Paw Tattoo Art:
Now if you are truly in love with your little puppy, this is one way to always keep him with you. One of the best tattoo designs type, this is like a dog paw bearing the image of your little bundle of joy which looks so cute.
75. Semi- Back Tattoo Designs for Women:
Just like men love to cover all of their arms and the chest with the same tattoo designs, even the ladies love it that way at times. This is one designs which starts at your waist and then stretches along towards the back but covers only a small part of it..
76. Stylish Thai Tattoo Designs:
These simple tattoo designs are very different from others because these are traditional and a lot more modern too. Just like Sanskrit shlokas look very nice so do these Thai style tattoos. These simple tattoo designs are carried on the neck, shoulder and wrist as they give a traditional look with a message.
77. Cute Love Tattoos On Wrist:
It is not always necessary that you have to get the name of some person who is very special to you inked on your body. It can be anything from music notation to your favourite flowers. But now it is also your pet because here you get paws with lovely heart signs in an artistic way.
78. Meaningful Small Size Tattoos Design:
These are the smallest of all but the most meaningful in the list. Look at this one where there is nothing but a ship lost in your hand and imagine how much it can mean? This kind of tattoos is carried both by men and women leaving a message for the society or the loved ones. Signs like the dove, water, pigeon, eagle, rose, kanji symbols etc. are used widely in these kinds of tattoos.
79. Water Color Tattoo Designs:
This one is the colourful tattoo made even better. One of the latest and best tattoo designs this gives the tattoo a watercolour look with splashes of colours which look very original. The designs created with this kind of tattoo are always made out of splashes of water. The designs widely made out with this theme are birds, animals, hearts, flowers and dragons etc.
80. Tribal Tattoo Designs for Men:
Tribal art designs are the single most requested tattoo design which looks good on every age group people be it, men or women.
These tribal designs are generally big which covers an amazing collection of tattoo design from the traditional tribal tattoos of indigenous and aboriginal cultures for the body. The tribal tattoo designs for men have always remained simple tattoo designs with geometrical shapes. They always carry a message with it with various shapes such as sun, eagle, stars etc, as used in the above tattoo.
81. Popular Angel Tattoos and Meanings:
An angel symbolises devotion, spirituality, faith and also signifies a relationship with God. Angel tattoo designs are becoming increasingly popular, and they are intended as a figure of guidance and protection. Here the angel is beautifully tattooed with wings and small bird resting on her hand.
The Angel tattoo designs are also used as the centrepiece of a tattoo that is anticipated as a memorial. The angels are said to be pious and heavenly. They have always been one of the famous tattoo designs among women. They always bring happiness and are created for memorable people.
82. Wings Tattoo Designs for Men and Women:
In tattoo designing the wings tattoo designs are often infused with spiritual or inspirational significance. For instance, an angel motif along with wings is a symbol of guidance and protection. It also reflects the power of the eagle or the lightness of the butterfly.
Though it is mostly preferred by women or girl, it is equally meaning for men too. This simple tattoo design signifies two sides of a coin that is good and bad, symbolically written as good and evil. They are also referred to as angel wings when carried out with purity.
83. Maori Tattoo Designs on Arm:
Maori patterns have a quite lot of enthusiasts who are interested in tribal tattoo designs. This is one of the perfect tattoos for men. Maori tattooing is distinguished by its unique use of bold lines and the repetition of specific design motifs which are done prominently both by the artist as well as by the ‘moko’ of the Maori people of New Zealand.
Initially, Maori tattoos, known as Ta Moko – were definite to an individual and contained broad personal and family history in the designs. These Maori tattoo designs for men are famous among the wrestlers, fighters, warriors, army men etc. as they indicate the strength to fight. They are highly carried on the back, arms or neck.
84. Haida Tattoo Body Arts:
These kinds of tattoo designs are renowned around the world for its beauty and complexity in the art and images. They use bold lines of the Haida Designs which make them even more unique and presentable as tattoos. The Haida originally use tattoos to depict their family Clan Crests. These designs were once one of the most heavily tattooed indigenous people in the world.
They were one of the very few groups in recorded history that had tattoos in colour, using red as well as black. These men tattoo designs are also getting trendy among women. When inked with different colors it gives a marvellous effect. This tattoo design is just excellent on the back part of men.
85. Fairy Tattoo Designs and Meanings for Women:
Fairies are thought to be inspirational; many people believe them to a symbol of people who wish to keep their inner child as long as possible.
As a tattoo fairy designs symbolise the youthful innocence and a desire to retain a child-like imagination, wonder and awe.
These tattoo designs are most popular among the women, and a fairy also defines being strong with magical elements within you.
86. Kanji Tattoo Fonts Designs and Meanings:
Kanji tattoo designs are ideal for expressing a deep feeling with such an attractive symbol.
This tattoo style is becoming popular mostly among the westerners who believe that kanji designs identify them with an eastern philosophy based on geisha and cherry blossoms. This kind of simple tattoo lettering fonts designs always symbolise peace, justice, harmony, power, strength, love, passion etc. They are now also trendy not only in China and Japan but worldwide.
87. Alphabet Tattoo Designs and their Significance:
Tattooing your loved ones first alphabet on a body is used to express their love and respect or to pay tribute to a lost one. These simple tattoo designs are trendy among the youngsters to get their initials inked. They are also inked as a gift to the loved ones, with different symbols along or alone as an alphabet.
88. Traditional Egyptian Tattoos for Girls and Boys:
Egyptian tattoos are considered to be antique designs. Here in this tattoo image the artist wonderfully worked on wings to make it perfect.
It is believed that the Egyptians used to send messages to there gods or forefathers through the dead bodies of their family member by creating meaningful tattoos on the body.
89. Flower Rose Tattoo Design And Symbols:
Rose is one of such design which has a rich history that crosses both gender lines and designs. The rose in the west represents the same what a lotus defines in the east. Rose is also a symbol of pure love as the rose’s beauty, scent and shape is the ultimate floral symbol.
[ See More: Cool Rose Tattoos ]
90. Line Tattoos for Beginners:
Some of the very simple tattoo designs; these are all of the linear patterns and small in size too. These are perfect for men as well as women who want to get inked for the first time and so would like to play very safe.
91. Book Lover’s Tattoo Designs:
No matter if you are a boy or girl, a man or a woman because books can always be your favourite. Some people have made books an integral part of their lives. Some of the simple tattoo designs, a look lover should get a bundle of books inked where there will be books just the way you want them.
92. Small Nature Tree Tattoo Designs:
Girls have always been in love with small and simple tattoo designs, and this is also one of those. A small tree tattoo on the wrist is just adorable and yet very simple just the way you had wanted it to be always. These tattoos are generally carried out by people who are connected with nature, on their wrist, arms, neck, back, legs or waist.
93. Cute Tiny Tattoo Designs:
When it is just experimenting, and you like it smaller than the small, these are perfect ideas. This tattoo design is of a circle within which you will see waves which means this one represents an ocean inside the world and can be hidden at any time you want.
94. Colourful Feather Paint Tattoos:
Feathers have already been discussed before so now let us add some colours to it. How about making basic feather designs more artistic and beautiful? This is the new pattern design because you can add some icy colours and make it different from the rest.
95. Famous Quotes Tattoo Patterns with Lilies:
While roses have always stolen the show, lilies are also very popular as tattoo designs nowadays. As this type of tattoo design goes, there is a band of beautiful lilies and an inspirational quote along with that to keep you going when you feel low.
96. Full Sleeve Tattoos for Boys:
When you love your sleeveless shirts, and the boys love to flaunt their toned triceps, this is the best way. These tattoo designs for men look hot when filled with colours too. So, boys out there do not waste any more time and get this done. These men tattoo designs are highly popular among the college students and the people related to wrestling, army, dancers etc
97. Black Dolphin Tattoo Designs:
Yes, we already know about sun sign tattoos and also the ones with the individual sun signs, but this one is another version of the Pisces or the twin fishes. These are twin dolphins. Dolphins are always a symbol of joy and happiness, and so is this tattoo.
98. Travel Tattoos Designs:
If travelling is your passion and wandering about is your love this is just the best tattoo designs for you. The design has arrows on both sides, and the text says just ‘wanderlust’ which apparently says it all. Also, the places visited the most, or the best memorable visit can also be mentioned in this tattoo. Various fonts make it more attractive. It is best suitable on the back and wrist.
99. Famous Musical Tattoo Designs:
People who are attached to music or musical instruments choose musical tattoo designs over the other designs.
Such designs include any instruments like guitar, mouth-organ, piano, and violin or even they can choose musical alphabets. These cool tattoo designs are mostly carried out by the musicians, rock stars, or anyone who is passionate about music.
100. Pinup Girls Tattoos Pictures for Women:
Girls always like to style up especially when it comes to tattoos. The best tattoos for girls are those of pin-up girl’s tattoos which never go out of style. Such pinup girl designs are primarily of a woman whose physical attractiveness would entice one to place a picture of her on a wall. These tattoos show the bold and glamorous look of women. They are highly carried out by bikers, dancers, etc. Some girls show their nature and definition of the norms of their life through their tattoo.
101. Simple Star Tattoo Designs for Women:
Star designs are often encountered as symbols, and in many cases, there are meanings of a particular star symbol which depends upon the number points it has, such as five-pointed or six or seven-pointed stars. The stars are widely carried out with other significant designs, but simple tattoo designs can also be made out with only small stars. They are widely carried out on the hands beside the fingers, on leg, neck or behind the ears.
102. Creative Pisces Tattoo Designs:
Pisces is the watery twelfth sign which also has compromising nature in it. This zodiac sign is symbolised by the two fish facing each other’s faces. These tattoos are famous among the new tattoo designs which signify indecisive, friendly, self-indulgent etc. The women more ink them.
Additional Tips to Follow Before and After a Tattoo Process:
- If you are a newbie to the tattoo world, then these tips are sure to give you an insight into the do’s and don’ts before and after getting inked:
- Firstly, understand why you want to get a tattoo done? How do you want to represent your ideas into a visual form? Once this is clear, give a rough sketch on a paper to help the artist develop it further.
- Experts recommend getting a thorough physical and mental preparation before the actual tattoo process. This includes staying away from alcohol, caffeine drinks and other blood-thinning medicines at least 48 hours before your visit.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and keep your skin soft and supple. Dry skin doesn’t respond to the needle well and you may end with double the amount of pain.
- Wear comfortable clothing and stay relaxed before the treatment. Trust your artist and keep telling yourself that you are in safe hands.
- Once the process is complete, keep your tattoo covered with a cling wrapper or a bandage to avoid infections.
- After a day, you can clean it with anti-bacterial soap and follow it with a lotion or cream prescribed by the artist.
- Avoid public swimming pools, showers or bathtubs for at least a month, as the chorine water may damage your skin.
- Do not rub or massage the tattoo area and keep it away from exposure to direct sunlight
We hope these lovely tattoo designs and their detailed descriptions have inspired to try one for yourself. You must be surprised by the rich symbolism associated with even the most humble designs. There is no idea that is unworthy of a tattoo and with a little creativity, you can express yourselves well using this artistic medium. If you have any more such ideas and wish to share here, do write to us!