Zodiac signs make for excellent tattoos. People often choose their own zodiac sign or of the others, they love to express the depth of their feelings for that particular person. The Sagittarius zodiac sign is represented by the archer with a bow and an arrow. Thus bow and arrow are the typical elements in its tattoos.
Sagittarius is the ninth zodiac sign. In Greek mythology, Sagittarius represents half human and half animal (horse), is the centaur armed with arrows following an old tradition. The sign says a lot about its features. It is said that Sagittarius people are able to be extremely violent or wise, brave or mild. As an archer, Sagittarius is said never to fail in hitting the mark and this depiction alludes the power of prophecy. It is because of this quality many people choose Sagittarius tattoo to get stained on them.
People whose birthday falls between November 21 to December 21 possess Sagittarius zodiac sign. This itself says a lot. Sagittarius people are curious, restless and always ready to explore, sometimes they may end up being too upfront. Given their quest for truth and ultimate wisdom, most Sagittarius do not take things at their face value. They take their own time to form their opinions, and would not hesitate in asking embarrassing questions.
12 Best Sagittarius Tattoo Designs:
Here is a list of 15 best Sagittarius tattoo designs for men and women are as follows.
1. Simple Bow And Arrow Sagittarius Tattoo:
Sagittarius zodiac sign symbolizes a bow and an arrow. The same is shown in the above tattoo. The bow shown above has some floral petals engraved on it. Such bows were used in ancient times by princes and princesses for their recreational purposes.
- Body Placement: Depending on the size of the tattoo you can ink on your shoulder or arm
- Color: For the detailing of the floral petal to look good black suits well.
- Size: A medium-sized tattoo depicts each and every detailing of the tattoo
- Skin Tone: Because it is done in black, it looks fantastic on fair, medium or dusky skin toned persons.
- Suitable gender: This is a unisex tattoo and works for both men and women.
2. Heart And Arrow Sign Sagittarius Tattoo Design:
This is a simple Heart sign Sagittarius tattoo with only lines without any fillings. If you want to get Sagittarius tattoo to flaunt your loved ones with a simple design this is the right choice.
- Body Placement: This tattoo looks cool on any part of the body. This tattoo looks romantic if inked on the left side of the chest.
- Color: Depending on the skin tone black or green color tattoo looks good.
- Size: A medium-sized to a small one looks cute on the body.
- Skin Tone: Black colored tattoo looks best on fairy people and the green suits best for medium to brownish skin-toned persons.
- Suitable gender: Heart-shaped romantic tattoos has no gender or age bar. Both males and females can try this out.
[ See More: Tattoo Designs for Men and Women ]
3. The Word Sagittarius Tattoo:
Named tattoos are the best ones to understand quickly. This is an example of such. Many people might not understand what a bow and an arrow symbolizes. Engraving the full zodiac name will be self-explanatory to everyone. We can see here that the Zodiac word Sagittarius is inked beautifully in big letters with a bit of design.
- Body Placement: For the name to be legible it looks cool on the wrist or on the back
- Color: Black with total filling looks fantastic.
- Size: Big one really rocks because the name should be clearly visible.
- Skin Tone: Any skin tone person can totally try this.
- Suitable gender: Since it is named tattoo men and women of any age can try this.
4. Flowery Bow And Arrow Sagittarius Tattoo Design:
This design so simple and exquisite. The bow is flowery with a bit shades in it, and the arrow a regular one. If you want to get inked a Sagittarius one with a simple and cost-effective one then this design is preferred. People who want to get inked a Sagittarius tattoo without much pain during needling, then this should be their first choice.
- Body Placement: This tattoo looks cool on the wrist, back of the neck, on the waist.
- Color: Black should be the primary color and you can play with different colors for the flowers.
- Size: Such type of tattoos looks fantastic if inked in smaller to medium size.
- Skin Tone: Fair skin-toned persons should try this. It goes well on wheatish toned also.
- Suitable gender: This tattoo looks a bit feminine and hence it looks cute for women.
[ See More: Best Tattoo Designs for Girls ]
5. The Centaur With An Archer:
The typical Sagittarius archer is a centaur. In Greek mythology, Centaur is referred to as half human and half horse. The actual meaning of Sagittarius is a Centaur with a bow and arrow. This design best explains the meaning of Sagittarius. If you are fond of Greek mythology you can choose this type of tattoo.
- Body Placement: This tattoo occupies some good space because of its detailing and hence it looks spectacular on the back and chest or sometimes it goes well on the biceps of the masculine men.
- Color: Darker shades like black or grey colors can be used.
- Size: Depending on the placement of the tattoo the size can be varied from a larger one to medium-sized one.
- Skin Tone: Anyone with brown skin to fair skin toned person can get inked this tattoo.
- Suitable gender: This centaur tattoo is specifically for men.
6. The Power Of Girl Sagittarius Tattoo:
In Greek mythology, a centaur is generally a man. Here in this tattoo, the designer has chosen a girl as centaur instead of man to showcase the girl power. The swift movement of the centaur can also be seen in this tattoo. This Sagittarius tattoo looks simple but the colored splashes on the background made it look extraordinary.
- Body Placement: Depending on the size this tattoo can be placed on the back or on the chest or ankle or even on the sides.
- Color: The main centaur should be done in light black with a bit of shading and the splashes should be multi-coloured depending on your taste.
- Size: As per your choice this tattoo can be medium or large-sized.
- Skin Tone: Since splashes of colors are used this looks awesome on fair skin toned persons.
- Suitable gender: This is a girly tattoo and females should definitely give a try.
7. Lady Archer Sagittarius Tattoo:
This is an artistic Sagittarius tattoo. A girl whose zodiac sign is Sagittarius will love to put on this design. This tattoo doesn’t show a centaur instead shows a girl with long hair picking up the arrow ready to aim which symbolizes girl power. Inking of such type of tattoos takes more time because of its detailing and filling.
- Body Placement: Long hair and longbow occupies more space, so it looks gorgeous on the back portion.
- Color: Deep Black with the total filling will give you the best tattoo.
- Size: For the detailing to be visible a larger tattoo simply looks good.
- Skin Tone: Deep black colour with total filling is used and hence this looks adorable on fair and wheatish skin toned persons.
- Suitable gender: This tattoo looks purely feminine, so only girls should try this.
8. Centaur released Bow Sagittarius Tattoo Design:
As explained earlier Sagittarius is a centaur with a bow and an arrow. In this design, the centaur has released the arrow which always hits the mark. A neat design of the path travelled by the arrow is also shown in this design. The size of this tattoo can vary from medium-sized to the larger one.
- Body Placement: This tattoo occupies the space of the centaur and the path of the arrow travelled. Hence it can be inked anywhere on the body depending on the distance of the path travelled by the arrow.
- Color: Blackish grey with shady filling looks fabulous.
- Size: Depending on the placement of the tattoo the size can vary from larger to medium-sized.
- Skin Tone: This type of tattoo looks beautiful on fair and dusky skin toned men.
- Suitable gender: Males generally love such kind of tattoos but no preferences. Even women can give a try.
9. Sagittarius with Wings Tattoo Design:
Looking out for a cute Sagittarius wings tattoo. Here it is. Wings resemble freedom. If you are a Sagittarius person who wants to fly higher in your life or achieve more with freedom then you should definitely ink this tattoo. In this tattoo, the bow and the wings are engraved in an artistic fashion.
- Body Placement: This tattoo looks cool on any part of the body. Be it wrist, waist, neck, chest etc.
- Color: Black with total filling looks best for this design.
- Size: A medium-sized one looks really cool.
- Skin Tone: Any skin tone person can totally try this.
- Suitable gender: Preferably women should opt for this type of design.
10. Double Bow Sagittarius Ankle Tattoo:
This is another example of pure art. Only those designers can ink such type of tattoo who are really good at sketching and painting. The detailing and sharp edges show the artistic workmanship of the tattoo designer. Such type of tattoos is generally engraved by women who are very bold enough.
- Body Placement: The name of the tattoo itself suggests us to try on the ankle.
- Color: Greyish black or greenish-black color looks fantabulous.
- Size: A medium-sized tattoo looks awesome.
- Skin Tone: This tattoo should be chosen by people with fair or dusky complexion.
- Suitable gender: This totally is a feminine tattoo.
11. Cupid Sagittarius Tattoo:
A cute baby (Cupid) Sagittarius tattoo is an eye-catching cute design that is loved by both men and women. In Greek mythology, Cupid is considered as God of Love. In this tattoo, cupid has started the aim and is about to release the arrow to spread romance. Such cute tattoos can be tried by both men and women.
- Body Placement: Such type of tattoos can be tried on any part of the visible body to express your feelings.
- Color: Blackish grey with colored shades looks quite romantic.
- Size: Cupid here is a small baby and hence a medium-sized to smaller one looks cute.
- Skin Tone: Almost both fair skin toned and dusky skin toned can give a try.
- Suitable gender: This tattoo can be inked by both male and female groups.
12. An Artistic Sagittarius Tattoo:
This is a special type of artistic Sagittarius tattoo wherein the arrow is being pulled behind the head. The leg and tail of the centaur are clearly visible from the side angle. Such type of tattoos is carved by only special designers. It takes a lot of time and pain in inking such type of tattoo.
- Body Placement: This tattoo can be inked anywhere on the body depending on the size you choose.
- Color: Deep black colour with full filling definitely rocks.
- Size: Generally a medium-sized tattoo looks spectacular.
- Skin Tone: Black color looks awesome on fair skin toned people.
- Suitable gender: This tattoo should be inked by male groups.
Zodiac sign tattoos have become very popular these days and Sagittarius is one of the special ones among them because of the bow and arrow design in it. Unlike other zodiac signs, this can be modified, clubbed with any other designs without disturbing the essence of the sign. If you are a Sagittarius person or even if you are a fan this zodiac sign you should not miss these designs. Hurry up, ink it on your body and do share your experience with us.