5 Homemade Blueberry Face Masks
Blueberry is a very nutritious fruit and has various benefits for the body too. Its use for the medicinal value has always been popular. Here are some easy to make at home blueberry face masks to add life to your skin.
Homemade Blueberry Face Masks:
Here are 5 homemade blueberry face masks for all skin types.
Blue Berry Face Pack # 1: Using Honey:
- In a clean bowl, take 2 teaspoons each of honey and rose water. Mix to form a smooth pack.
- Add about 4 teaspoons of blueberry crush and ½ teaspoon fuller’s earth and blend into a smoothie.
- Apply the mask before bedtime and leave for 20 minutes. Then rinse using ice cold water.
The mask will make your skin feel fresh and energized.The mask works like a spa for the face and you feel fresh for the night. The skin also gets time to repair itself during this time, and thus the pack is applied at night.
Blue Berry Face Pack # 2: Using Curd:
- Take 3 teaspoons of hung curd and two teaspoons of crushed blueberries.
- Mix to form a smooth paste and refrigerate for half an hour before application.
- Make sure the paste is thick enough to stay on the face and not drip.
- Apply the cold pack on the face and leave for 15 minutes.
- Wash with warm water.
This pack makes the skin even, deeply moisturizes and also leaves the skin supple. Do not apply the pack to very oily skin, as yogurt adds to the oiliness and will make the face more greasy and unmanageable.
See More: Aloe Vera Benefits For Face & Mango For Face
Blue Berry Face Pack #3: Using Oats And Lemon:
- In a grinder pot, take 2 tablespoons of oats, 8-10 blueberries, 1 teaspoon honey and 2 teaspoons lemon juice and blend to form a smooth paste.
- Make sure there are no lumps and the pack is not very runny. Apply a thick layer on the face and neck and lie down for 30 minutes.
- Splash about 2 teaspoons of raw milk and gently rub the mask before finally rinsing off with cool water.
This mask is appropriate for oily skin and acts as a gentle scrub that clears blackheads and other impurities that accumulate on oily skin very easily.
Blue Berry Face Pack #4: Using Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera and blueberry is the easiest and healthiest combination with maximum benefits. It refreshes the skin, makes it healthy, improves complexion, reduces dark patches and under eye circles too.
- All you need to do is make pulps of aloe vera and blueberries separately.
- Then mix them in equal quantities in a bowl. Apply the pulp mix on clean skin and leave it to dry naturally.
- Wash thoroughly using cold water. Apply your regular moisturizer/ 3-4 drops olive oil if necessary.
- If the skin is dry, you can also add 3-4 drops of olive oil to the pulp for it to act as a natural moisturizer.
Blue Berry Face Pack #5: Using Turmeric:
Turmeric has antiseptic properties that prevents acne and pimples and protects the skin from ill effects of dust and dirt it is exposed to all through the day.
- For the turmeric and blueberry back, mash 6-7 blueberries and add half teaspoon turmeric to it.
- Add one teaspoon lemon juice to it and mix well.
- Apply the pack to skin for about 25 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- The skin will become soft and replenished. This can be done thrice a week for visible benefits. This is the best blueberry face mask for acne.
See More: Homemade Fruit Face Pack
These face masks are very beneficial for the skin. So the next time when you are eating blueberry, save some for your face too. And do not forget to use the packs for a few times until you see visible changes.
Image Source: 1