18 Amazing Coconut Milk Benefits For Health, Hair & Skin
Coconut milk is now very easily available in different parts of the world and it is used for its various benefits by most of the people and even the health experts. But are you aware of the fact that the various coconut milk benefits were first discovered in India and in Southeast Asia?
If you still are looking about what to use coconut milk for, then it has plenty of benefits to be offered to its users. You just have to be sure of how to use coconut milk and then you can get all its required benefits for your health, hair, and skin.
Along with its popularity due to the offered benefits, coconut milk is also famous with its scientific name which is Cocos Nucifera. Some of the popular names of coconut milk in different languages are as follow:
- Telugu: Kobbari Palu
- Hindi: Naariyal ka Doodh
- Tamil: Tenkay Pal
- Malayalam: Tennappal
- Gujarati: Naliyera Dudha
- Marathi: Naralace Dudha
What Is Coconut Milk?
Just like the advantages of coconut milk, most of the people are found confused about what is coconut milk. Unlikely to coconut water, coconut milk is the thick liquid which is obtained by blending and straining coconut meat with water.
Use older and mature coconuts for getting the best quality coconut milk as with time, the water inside the coconut gets replaced by meat and thus helps in getting the best of coconut milk. You can also try the various uses of coconut milk in cooking for getting the desired nourishment.
Is Coconut Milk Good For Health?
Gone are the days when coconuts were considered bad because of the fat that it contains. It is the time when due to the various nutritional benefits of coconut milk, coconut milk is considered extremely beneficial for health.
When considered in the right amount, the almond coconut milk benefits can find their way to your health with its different recipes and usage. Therefore, you can be sure that coconut milk is extremely beneficial for the health point of view.
Importance Of Coconut Milk:
The right amount of coconut milk calories and coconut milk vitamins helps users in understanding the importance of coconut milk. Coconut milk is rich in minerals, vitamins, nutrients, and fibres which helps the users to get the maximum silk coconut milk health benefits.
It is not just your health but your skin as well as your hair that can be benefitted by the regular use and application of coconut milk. Be regular in your habit to drink coconut milk benefits and nourish your skin in the best possible manner.
How To Make Coconut Milk?
After knowing so much information about the benefits of silk coconut milk, it is quite important that you get to know the procedure for making coconut milk at your home. Yes, making coconut milk at home is quite easy and just takes about 10 minutes. Also, you need some simple ingredients and have to follow some simple steps to make your very own coconut milk.
Here’s everything that you need to know about making coconut milk at home:
- 4 cups of water.
- 2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut.
Steps To Follow:
- Heat the water without boiling it completely.
- Put the shredded coconut in the blender and blend.
- Add water in the blender and then keep blending this mixture unless you get a thick and creamy texture.
- Strain this entire mixture with the help of a strainer.
- The strained and collected liquid is your very own homemade coconut milk.
- You can either drink this coconut milk immediately or can store it in the fridge for some time.
How To Drink Coconut Milk?
To get the maximum of fresh coconut milk benefits, you should know how to drink coconut milk. The best way is to heat some amount of coconut milk and then mixing some cinnamon and vanilla essence in it.
If you want to get the organic coconut milk benefits in summers, then you can add your favourite fruit in the coconut milk and freeze them for some time. Remove it from the freezer and then enjoy a chilled ice-cream of fruit coconut milk.
Coconut Milk Nutritional Facts:
Are you aware of coconut milk nutrition facts? Do you have any idea about coconut milk calories and coconut milk vitamins? If you don’t have any such information about the nutritional content of coconut milk, you will never be aware of the benefits of drinking coconut milk.
Understanding about the various nutrients that coconut milk has, helps its users to use it in a better way for getting the desired quality of results. Here are the needed details about the nutritional value of coconut milk which will help you to know and understand the composition of coconut milk in a better way:
- Calories: 230 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 5.5 g
- Proteins: 23 g
- Fat: 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 21.1 g
- Dietary Fibre: 2.2 g
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Vitamin A: 0 IU
- Vitamin C: 2.8 mg
- Calcium: 16 mg
- Iron: 1.6 mg
- Magnesium: 37 mg
- Phosphorous: 100 mg
- Potassium: 263 mg
- Sodium: 15 mg
- Zinc: 0.7 mg
- Copper: 0.3 mg
Be sure of the health benefits of coconut milk by having the details about these available nutrients of coconut milk.
Advantages Of Coconut Milk For Health, Skin & Hair:
Here we enlisted 18 amazing coconut milk benefits and their side effects. Let’s have a look into them.
Health Benefits Of Coconut Milk:
Coconut milk has calcium and thus can benefit the body in the best possible manner. Just like this, coconut milk has many other benefits for its user’s health. Are you interested in knowing about the various benefits with which coconut milk can nourish your health?
Now let us have a look at the various health benefits of coconut milk that you can get with the regular consumption of this ingredient. Make sure that you try each one of them for benefiting your health in the best possible manner.
1. Has Antibacterial, Antiviral and Antifungal Properties:
Amongst the various properties of coconut milk, the best known and the most beneficial properties are that it is antibacterial, antiviral as well as anti-fungal. All these properties of coconut milk make it the best remedy against all the possible health problems that you may face due to any of the reasons.
Simply use coconut milk for your health and these properties of coconut milk will bring to you its best results. With these properties, you not only can benefit your health but can also receive coconut milk benefits for the skin. The main problem will be solved and all its associated symptoms will also be benefitted with these properties.
2. Improves Heart Health:
One of the most unexpected benefits of coconut milk is that it promotes heart health. As coconut milk is rich in fat, it was not expected that coconut milk can be so beneficial for heart health. Coconut milk is rich in lauric acid which helps in enhancing the health of the heart.
How To Consume:
- Make sure that you are regular or at least consume coconut milk twice a week for getting its benefits for improving your heart health.
- You can also try getting silk coconut milk health benefits for improving your heart health.
3. Improves Digestion and Relieves Constipation:
Are you feeling constipated? Is your digestive system not working properly? If you are having troubles with digestion and are facing a constipation problem, then you can use the benefits of coconut milk yoghurt. It can provide you with a rich amount of electrolytes along with good fat which will provide you with the desired benefits. All the various vitamins and minerals of coconut milk combine together and offer the desired relief against the problem of constipation.
How To Consume:
- Your digestive system will improve within no time if you drink a glass of coconut milk daily. Try it once and you will not be disappointed with its results.
4. Controls Diabetes:
Coconut milk which is prepared using old and matured coconuts is known to be extremely beneficial against the diabetes problem. It contains a good amount of antioxidants which positively impacts the glucose levels of the body and thus brings effective relief to the problem of diabetes. Coconut milk also increases reaction towards insulin and thus controls the blood sugar level by keeping them in control.
How To Consume:
- The regular consumption of coconut milk can be really great in keeping the desired limits on the blood sugar levels of the body.
- Try and use coconut milk powder benefits for minimizing the effects of diabetes.
See More: Coconut Water Benefits
5. Lowering Inflammation:
One of the major benefits of canned coconut milk is that it can lower the inflammation problems that you might be suffering anywhere on the body. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of coconut milk, it brings effective and instant relief against the inflammation troubles of its users.
How To Apply:
- Simply apply some amount of coconut milk on the affected body part and get the desired benefits of coconut milk for that.
- Leave the coconut milk on the inflammation affected body part for overnight and then rinse with regular water in the morning.
- Repeating this every night for about a week or two will bring effective relief in the inflammation symptoms.
6. Boosts The Immune System:
A stronger immunity is the secret behind the successful ability of the body to fight against the various troubles and problems. Therefore, most of the people try to get a stronger immunity by consuming all the favourable ingredients. Amidst the list of those many ingredients, you can also try the almond and coconut milk benefits. Coconut milk is a rich source of vitamin C which is known to be really beneficial for strengthening the immune system of the body.
How To Consume:
- The regular consumption of coconut milk, in any of the form, will certainly improve the immunity of the body within no time.
7. Strengthens The Bones:
Calcium and phosphorous are the two main ingredients that are essential for improving the strength of the bones. Therefore, you should try and consume more of such foods and items that can provide you with the maximum amount of these nutrients. Coconut milk is the known ingredient which has a high amount of calcium as well as phosphorous.
Strengthening the bones is one of the major health benefits of coconut milk yoghurt that you can get only with the regular consumption of this item. Along with strengthening the bones, coconut milk also reduces the risk of arthritis, joint pains, fractures, etc. Even many of the health experts now believe in this benefit of coconut milk.
8. Prevents Alzheimer’s Disease:
Thanks to the presence of medium-chain triglycerides (MTC), coconut milk burns the fat and thus helps the liver to perform all its functions in the best possible manner. Moreover, these MTC are perfectly absorbed by the liver which again enhances the benefits. These MTC also helps in providing the required amount of energy to the patients of Alzheimer.
How To Consume:
- The regular use of coconut milk is known to be really beneficial for Alzheimer’s patients whose problem is in the initial stage.
- Along with this, coconut milk also brings relief to the problem, even if it is in the advanced stage.
- This is another amazing benefits of coconut milk yogurt.
9. Helps To Lose Weight:
Coconut milk benefits weight loss. Don’t believe us? Well, there are many types of researches which indicate that despite being rich in the fat amount, you can rely on the benefits of coconut milk weight loss. So what makes coconut milk so special for losing weight with its richness in the fat content? Here’s the secret behind this. Coconut milk is rich in the number of medium-chain triglycerides which burns the fat and thus controls the weight gain.
How To Consume:
- Regular consumption of coconut milk before your meals will prevent the over-eating case and thus again will keep control and check on your weight gain symptoms.
- So, when are you trying the benefits of coconut milk for keeping your weight under control?
See More: Coconut Oil Benefits
10. Prevents Ulcers:
If you are suffering from an ulcer problem, then you can rely on the health benefits of coconut milk. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of coconut milk, it can be used quite effectively in balancing the problems related to ulcers. It can reduce the pain, swelling, harshness and other symptoms of the ulcer within no time. Along with this, coconut milk contains antibacterial properties which are again beneficial for reducing the risk of re-occurrence of the ulcer.
How To Consume:
- Consuming 1 glass of coconut milk in a week helps in preventing as well as curing the problem of ulcer in the best possible manner and with immediate effects.
11. Boosts Cardiovascular Health:
Apart from the health benefits of coconut milk for weight loss, coconut rice milk benefits are also known to deliver the desired cardiovascular health. It contains a good amount of antioxidants which controls many problems related to the cardiovascular health of the users. Along with this, the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of coconut milk help in boosting cardiovascular health.
How To Consume:
- Consuming a glass of coconut milk twice a week can provide you with positive results in boosting cardiovascular health.
- Give yourself the various benefits of good cardiovascular health by consuming the various nutrients and vitamins available in coconut milk.
Coconut Milk Benefits For Skin:
After the mention of various benefits of coconut milk for the health of the users, let us now have a look at the offered benefits of coconut milk for hair and skin. Human skin is sensitive and thus requires extra and special care. The nutrients of coconut milk seem to be just perfect for pampering your skin with all the luxury that it needs.
Are you interested in knowing the beauty uses for coconut milk with which you can nourish your skin for making it beautiful and glowing? If yes, then have a look at these following skin benefits of coconut milk which can benefit your skin deeply:
12. Prevents Premature Aging:
If you want to fight the early signs of ageing and want to look youthful and glowing, then there can be no better ingredient than coconut milk. Amongst the various vitamins and nutrients that are present in coconut milk, copper and vitamin C are known to be extremely beneficial for maintaining the elasticity and flexibility of the skin.
How To Apply:
- Take some amount of coconut milk and mix it with some 6-7 almonds, which are peeled.
- Make a paste with these two ingredients and then apply it on your face for 2-3 times a week.
- Leave this paste for 20 minutes and then wash your face.
- You will be impressed with the benefits of applying coconut milk on the face.
13. Treats Sunburn:
Sunburns are quite painful and can damage your skin if they are left untreated. Also, if the intensity of the sunburn is way too high, then your skin can lose all its nutrients and thus can be left unnourished with time. Therefore, you should take good care of sunburn skin by using the nutritional value of coconut milk. This is one of the most beneficial beauty uses of coconut milk that you can trust. The anti-inflammatory properties of coconut milk work effectively in reducing the sunburn as well as its associated symptoms like pain, redness, swelling, etc.
How To Apply:
- Apply a layer of coconut milk on the affected skin area in the night and let it do its magic.
14. Moisturizes The Skin:
Milk baths have been quite a popular concept in India and this clearly signifies the need and importance of coconut milk. The use of coconut milk on the face as well as on the body helps the users to get the needed moisturization. This helps in making the skin smooth and glowing within no time. The use of coconut milk benefits for the face helps not only in moisturizing the skin but also helps in removing dryness from the skin along with the problems of itchiness, swelling, etc.
How To Apply:
- Mix some amount of coconut milk along with rose water and then apply on your face and body.
- The regular application of this mixture on the skin will help the user to get the benefit of coconut milk.
See More: Coconut Oil For Weight Loss
15. Good Makeup Remover:
If you love applying makeup then you would surely understand the troubles of removing the makeup from the skin. The pain is really hard, isn’t it? In reality, you can skip this pain and can easily remove the makeup by making the use of coconut milk. The only thing that you should be sure of is how to use coconut milk for the skin.
How To Apply:
- Mix some olive oil with coconut milk and then apply on your skin to gently remove the makeup.
- The use of this mixture will not only remove the makeup but will also smooth your skin.
- You can also rely on the coconut milk for face benefits to nourish your skin along with removing makeup.
Benefits Of Coconut Milk For Hair:
If you have been thinking that there are no benefits of coconut milk for hair, then you must again check your sources of information. Just like the health and the skin, coconut milk has many benefits for making your hair glorious and healthy. It has been observed that with the regular consumption of coconut milk in the diet or the regular application of coconut milk on the hair, you can completely transform your hair from unhealthy to healthy.
Here are some of the advantages of coconut milk that you can give to your hair so as to make it healthy and shinier within no time:
16. Promotes Hair Growth:
Coconut milk contains several nutrients which are considered as essential for hair growth. With the regular use of coconut milk on your hair and scalp, you can enhance the blood circulation in the scalp along with nourishing your hair with the right amount of nutrients and vitamins.
How To Apply:
- For getting the desired coconut milk nutrition for improving the hair growth, all you need to do is to apply and massage some of the coconut milk on your hair and scalp.
- Leave the coconut milk for about 20-30 minutes and then rinse it with the help of normal water and shampoo.
- Repeating this application of coconut milk on a regular basis, you will sooner find the results in the form of effective hair growth.
17. Restores Dry and Damaged Hair:
As coconut milk is known to be an excellent moisturizer for the skin, you can use the benefit of same coconut moisture for your hair. Yes, the regular application of coconut milk on the hair proves to be an excellent moisturizer for the dry and damaged hair. Your damaged hair can get the desired and required amount of shine with the regular use of coconut milk on them.
How To Apply:
- Put some of the unsweetened coconut milk in the fridge for overnight and then apply the same from the roots to the tip of your hair in the morning.
- Leave the coconut milk for about 20-30 minutes and then rinse off completely with normal water.
- Repeat applying this coconut milk for twice a week for getting the desired benefits for dry and damaged hair.
- This is one of the major benefits of unsweetened coconut milk.
18. Conditions Hair:
Coconut milk also acts as a natural conditioner for the hair. It has got all the desired nutrients and vitamins that are needed for the proper nourishment of the hair. Along with delivering the desired coconut milk nutrition for improving the quality of the hair, coconut milk is also known to de-tangle your hair quite easily.
How To Apply:
- You can simply apply some amount of coconut milk on your hair and then comb them out to remove the tangles available in them.
- Other than this, you can also apply the coconut milk and then leave for some time as a conditioner to add the desired volume and bounce to your hair.
- Repeat this application once or twice a week and get the desired benefits.
See More: Coconut Water For Weight Loss
Coconut Milk Side Effects:
Along with the various coconut milk benefits, there has been some discussion related to the possible side effects that are associated with coconut milk. Though, there are not any major side effects associated with coconut milk, unless you are allergic to coconuts and thus the use of coconut milk suits each and every one.
However, there are still the cases, in which the over-consumption of coconut milk can have some adverse effect on the users. Here are some of the possible coconut milk side effects that you may have to face with the overdose of coconut milk:
- Can cause allergies.
- Weight gain.
- High cholesterol levels.
- Can cause constipation.
- High-calorie count.
- Can cause fructose absorption.
Coconut oil is one attractively useful ingredient that brings only the desired amount of health benefits to its users. You can try the various uses of coconut milk and can provide your body with the right amount of nutrients as well as vitamins for its effective functioning. Coconut milk can be one of the best things that you can do to your body and thus many of the health experts are now suggesting its use in the daily routine.
If you still have any doubts regarding the health benefits of coconut milk and are looking for its relevant information, then do comment below. We will get back to you with the required detail that will help you clear all your doubts.