How To Remove Tan At Home?
With summers just round the corner, stepping out in the sun cannot be avoided anymore. This results in appearance of ugly tan that makes your skin look duller. Keep your worries aside and take a look at these simple yet effective tips to remove tan permanently.
What Is Tan:
We have all been there, the days when the sun has got the better of us. A mid-day shopping spree was ruined, lots of umbrellas have been bought, tubes of UV protection has been applied and at the end of the tired evenings, all we saw reflecting back was a much browner now soggy face. More than anything, a nice picnic, or a midday outing can only result in a productive tan. That being said, one of the rampant skin problems that occur and reoccur over time is the skin darkening by the mighty sun, a term that we conclude as “tan”.
Now a tan can be a prime reason why you can’t sport sleeveless for the weekend wedding and a salon run every time just don’t fit in with the busy schedule.However, a tan sometimes is much more than a simple beauty havoc. A lot many people are still unaware of the bad side effects a simple tan has on you.
To start off, the sunlight or rather the UV ray is not a friend to your skin and as a result this mixing in with the epidermal layers of your skin can be a primary cause for skin cancer at its worst, if not skin damage and thinning. Now we come to the deeper matters, where these UV rays mixing in with the skin causes the skin cells to react chemically which in turn causes a pain like sensation in your brain. This is not all as the skin previously damaged can be a prime reason for premature ageing of skin. This is however, just the starting to a much longer list and to avoid that all we have scheduled our regular salon run ins.
What Is The Solution For Tan:
We know a parlor run can be quite effective on most days, but a homemade remedy has always been the best when it comes to cost efficient beauty ailments. Going back to the monochrome days, our grandmothers would bank on these homemade solutions and tell us how effectiveness and money handling can both be solved just like two birds and a stone. Hereby, stating so, here is a list of all the belongings from your kitchen that can add up to a good afternoon beauty tan removal.
Identify Your Tan Area And Prospect:
A tan never really has a fixed place, it’s either your face, or your sleeves, or even your legs and identifying the area can narrow down your search so that you can work promptly on it. Another thing that we need to keep in mind is the intensity of the tan which varies from skin types to persons and their exposure times. For someone who is a fan of outdoor, you can guess the intensity to be quiet high but often even a housewife can incur a tan just because she has sensitive skin that catches on to disruptions too fast.
How To Remove Tan At Home:
A. Best Ways To Remove Tan:
Here we mention different types of methods and tips to remove tan from your skin. The first very step to remove tan is to check out the areas requiring the assistance and once done you may set to work, trying to make it better. Usually the initiative is to lighten and brighten the area thereby significantly reducing tan. However, make sure before you commence with your beauty ritual, wipe of all traces of sweat and dirt from your busy day leaving a clean canvas to start off.
1. Going On Cleanse With Lemon:
The first step to a healthier skin would mean you strictly cleanse yourself or rather the area affected and for that the primary requirements are all in your fridge. One of the most powerful cleansers is limes and lemons, filled with vitamin C and skin lightening properties. The other on the list is milk and honey. You can always make yourself a good milk and honey paste with a generous helping of lemon juice. Or you can strictly keep the lemon for the besan or the gram flour, making a paste of it.
2. Rose Water And Glycerin For Tan:
To start off, make the paste soft and moldable so that you can apply it easily. Circular motions all across the affected area, be it your face or skin, should do the trick. You can always add a little rose water or glycerin to the mixture if it dries out a lot. After a good five to ten minutes, wash off properly with preferably luke warm water and pat your skin dry. Often in one of your lucky days, you might start seeing the results right off the bat.
3. Scrub It Off With Sugar And Lime:
The next part of the process requires you to make a fine homemade scrub to wash off the stubborn stains and for that refer to your kitchen once again. The first preference for the scrub would be a simple sugar salt and lime mixed in with a little rose water. While the sugar and salt helps you remove the stain, the lime can work on the undertones to give you the healthy glow. As for rosewater, a little moistening of the mixture with a fine rosy glow is always a good bargain.
4. Grounded Coffee:
A lot of people uses grounded coffee as a scrub too since the caffeine in it acts as an astringent agent much like the lime and helps you in removing uneven skin tone. Then there is the red lentil and rice mixture where both are hardcore scrubbers that would take the edge off the tan right away. Of course, however, we need it in a fine grounded form with a little bit of salt and sugar on the side to add to the paste. Another powerful scrubber is the much avoided morning breakfast, oats which when paired with potato juice can make up a fine
Applying it in place, massage it hard and well until the prickly feeling is over and once done, you can keep it on for a while before washing it off.
5. Blow A Steam:
Once done with the scrubbing, start off fresh with a little steam facial to unclog the pores. Over a bowl of steaming water, use a face towel over your head to give yourself a quick steam facial. Bending over across the bowl, take in the steam and at any point if you feel uncomfortable or clustered, feel free to take a break. Continue this for a good three to four minute before you pat your face dry and move on to the next part of your routine. Often you may use herbs or essential oils in the steaming water, the boiling steam of which can help you take benefits from them as well.
B. Home Made Packs For Removing Tan:
Now we enter the main section of the tan removal routine which is the face pack. Once again we have to take a step back to your kitchen where you will find all the belongings in place. Mentioned below are some of the best packs with ingredients that might help you in this process of remove tanning.
1. Papaya And Honey For Tan Removing:
Papaya makes your skin soft, papaya is a skin lightening agent and papaya tastes good with honey too so don’t hesitate to whip up a good papaya honey smoothie, while some can be smeared on the affected area the rest can be used as a late afternoon drink.
2. Milk And Saffron Pack:
Saffron is very common ingredient for glowing and fair skin. It is packed with loads of goodness for the skin, besides offering various health benefits. Milk too is good for the body and works as an excellent cleanser. It also helps to shrink the pores on the skin. Face packs made with saffron and milk will undoubtedly do wonders for your skin. It is one of the best ways and tips to remove tanning.
- Mix few strands of saffron with 5 tablespoon of slightly warm milk.
- To this you can even add 2-3 drops of fresh lemon juice.
- Mix well and you can apply this on the tanned areas on your body.
- Leave on for 10 minutes and wash later with cold water.
- It is advisable to apply some moisturizer after using this tan removal pack.
3. Turmeric And Besan For Tan:
Turmeric, one of the most commonly used spice in the Indian kitchen is also one of the most power packed spices with a lot of effective benefits, one of them being tan removal because of its skin brightening properties. Obtain the powder form of both and mix it in with some milk before you apply your pack.
4. Aloe Vera And Lemon Pack:
Aloe Vera is one of the most natural remedy for treating all kinds of skin related problems. It is also very effective in removing tanning.
- Take fresh Aloe Vera gel and to this mix 2-3 drops of fresh lemon juice.
- Mix them together and apply this pack on your face, neck and hands.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and wash off using cold water.
- After using for few weeks, you will be able to see the tan fading away without leaving your skin dry.
5. Lemon And Glycerin For Remove Tan:
The combination of glycerin and lemon is highly effective for tan removal. Take out juice on 1 lemon and to it add 5 tablespoon of glycerin. Mix well and apply on the tanned spots, just before going to bed. Leave for 30 minutes and wash with cold water.
6. Chocolates All The Way:
Cocoa is your best friend, a truth no one can deny. Apart from helping you make coffee, cocoa is also a primary ingredient of chocolate, a product that might be your help in removing tan. Simply chocolate shavings or powder, mixed with some lime and milk can help you make an effective face pack.
7. Turmeric And Cabbage For Remove Tan:
Wondering how to remove tan at home? Simply look into your kitchen shelves for two effective anti-tan ingredients, cabbage and turmeric. Besides removing tan, cabbage is a very good source of antioxidants and phytochemicals that prevent damage to the skin.
- Grate a small portion of cabbage into fine pieces and place it in a container.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of honey and pinch of turmeric.
- To make this face pack you will need a natural bringing agent like gram flour or rice flour.
- A tablespoon would be good.
- Apply this pack on the tanned areas and leave for 25 minutes.
- Wash off the pack with cold water.
8. Fuller’s Earth And White Gourd:
Do you often wonder how to remove tanning? Read on and you will forget all your worries.
- Take a white gourd and peel it. Now make a paste of it.
- To this add 2 tablespoons of multanni mitti and mix well in a bog bowl.
- Apply this paste on the affected regions and leave on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off later with cold water.
- Use this pack regularly to witness remarkable results.
9. Eggs For Remove Tan:
Using eggs is also one of the best ways to remove tan. Egg whites also possess properties that tighten the skin and gives instant shine.
- Take out an egg white and apply this on the tanned regions on the body.
- Leave for 20 minutes and then wash off with water.
- You can even add witch hazel and honey to egg white for better results.
10. Tea At Its Best:
Tea has always been a good evening drink with snack and here is a perfect solution to make the best of both. While you brew the tea for a good drink why not make the best of it by adding some to your face pack.
11. Orange Juice And Yogurt:
A pack made from orange juice and yogurt is excellent for removing tan. Oranges are packed with Vitamin C that thwarts skin blemishes and also improves the tone and texture of your skin. Yogurt functions as a natural bleaching agent, besides rendering the skin smooth.
- Take out a juice of fresh orange.
- Mix 2 tablespoon each of orange juice and yogurt to form a smooth paste.
- Apply on your tanned face, hand and neck and leave for half an hour.
- Wash away with cold water.
12. Tomatoes And Potatoes For Remove Tan:
Tomato and potato juices are one of the best organic face pack material. If you juice out the following, put them in a mixture with some curd and besan and apply it to your face. Keep it for some time before you wash it off.
13. Milk And Strawberry:
Strawberry does not only taste good, it is also a good anti-tan remedy.
- Crush 4 strawberries and mix it with 2 tablespoons of milk to form a paste.
- Apply this on your face, neck and hands.
- Leave for half an hour and wash off with water.
14. Almond For Remove Tan:
- Soak about 5-6 almonds overnight. Blend the almonds in the morning using little milk so that is forms a smooth paste.
- Every day prior to going to bed, apply this paste on the tanned surfaces and leave overnight.
- Wash off next morning with cold water.
- Use this remedy every day for 15 days and you will see remarkable difference.
15. Vinegar As Tan Remover:
Vinegar is also one of the best remedial ways to remove tan.
- Mix equal quantities of water and vinegar in a bowl.
- Now dip your tanned hands in this concoction for some time.
- If the tanning is severe you can even soak for 10-15 minutes more.
- Wash your hands with cold water and pat dry.
- You can use this remedy every day until you start to notice the difference.
16. Baking Soda For Remove Tan:
Baking soda is another ingredient on your kitchen shelves that helps to fight tan completely.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of baking soda and make a thick paste using water.
- Now apply this pack on the tanned areas on your body and let it stay for sometime before washing off.
- This remedy can be done alternately and you will be able to see the difference just after 3-4 applications.
Yogurt is yet another healthy snack that can be used for your tan removal. The properties in yoghurt not only helps in soothing your skin but at the same time helps you significantly reduce the tan marks by gelling in well with the skin layers thereby making it much lighter and brighter.
See More: How To Remove Tan From Upper Lips
18. Oatmeal And Buttermilk To Remove Tanning:
Want to know how to remove tan at home? Just make a pack using buttermilk and oatmeal.
- Take 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and to this add 3 tablespoons of buttermilk to form a smooth paste.
- You can also add 1 tablespoon of honey to it.
- Apply on the affected area and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash off using cold water and apply a moisturizer later.
I’m sure we have all wanted that strawberry like glow and strived and thrived to achieve it. Well, here is a good chance for you. Strawberry is yet another ingredient that might help you deal with your tan without any hassle. Mix it in with some milk cream or yogurt and apply it to your face.
20. Coconut Water:
Coconut water just not gives relief to quenching thirst during peak summers, it also serves as an excellent means to remove tanning. Besides it also helps in lightening the skin tone. Apply coconut water daily on the tanned areas of your body. Regular use will prevent discoloration and will help to remove tan completely.
C. How To Do Massage For Removing Tan:
Once you are done with the face pack, take a good look in the mirror and we are sure a significant change will preside. However, you must always conclude your beauty rituals with a soft ending and therefore, here we have the massage section where you finish your tan removal with a good massage to get the blood circulation right. Once again a good set of list is provided where you can use yogurt and milk cream as a facial massage. The next list is banana and yogurt which is just a replacement of milk cream but still a strong opponent. However, if you have oily skin conditions, it is preferable for you to avoid bananas. Yet another ingredient is the all organic aloe Vera. You are truly blessed if you have the plant itself in your house. If not, you can get ready made aloe Vera gel or cream which you can use for a good massage.
See More: Tips To Remove Tan From Face
Precautions For Tan:
1. By now we are all aware that sun tan removal can be quite an extensive affair. Be it the salon or the home treatments, a proper precaution can always go a long way into a better, much healthier skin. Listed below are some of the worthy precautions that you might want to opt for in case you want to avoid another bout of sun tan removal ritual.
2. A good cleanser and toner, organic or store bought can go a long way into saving your skin from retaining the everyday tan and dirt particles. Every evening after the tired day go back home to a good cleansing and toning norm and see the results for yourself.
3. Keeping the protection on you can come in various steps and measures. The trick is to find out the one much needed and opt for it. Often, a skin prone to sweating is not ideal for a sunscreen whereas a dry damaged skin needs more than just oil free sun protection. Always choose the product according to your skin type and make sure you always have one on you at all times.
4. Opt for quick remedies to reduce significant tan, such as an ice facial in the middle of the day. After the long field work supervision, just waltz in your office and wrapping a cube of ice in a soft cloth, give yourself an ice facial.
5. Swimming is a really a good exercise for your body and mind, but at the end of the day you owe a large part of your tan to these swimming sessions. Thus, often you are advised to use protection creams and such before a swim to make sure your skin doesn’t sustain any stain afterward.
See More: How To Remove Sun Tan From Arms