12 Beautiful and Best Balayage Hair Colour Ideas in 2020
Are you ever heard of balayage hair? Yes, you heard it right. These balayage hair colours are quite trending right now given the transformed and modern look it can give you instantly. There are various types and colours with respect to these balayage hairstyles. Given the long possible list of colours, here we provide you with a guide on best suitable and trending best balayage hair right now. These, however, require professional excellence from the saloon stylists to work on your hair. The right tone of the colour can brighten up your looks easily. They will instantly transform you and make you look super stylish and trendy.
Here are our best picks of balayage hair colour right now. Given our recommendations, make sure you also test your hair health properly before going for these options given that pre and post hair care makes an important component for hair to look shiny and stylish.
Balayage Hair Colour: Which Can Suit You the Best and How to Do?
Let us check out 12 different balayage hair colours here. This extensive guide will give you a good idea of how these will look for various lengths of hair as well, that is, balayage short hair, balayage long hair and balayage medium hair.
1. Red Colour Balayage Hair:
Here is our first popular balayage hair colour. This balayage red hair is quite trendy right now and is popular given the way it looks smart and unique and also gives the chirpy feeling. This colour is great as balayage on dark hair. Let us go consequently to see how this balayage red hair can look on short, medium and long length hair.
Red Balayage on Short Hair:
Here is how the red balayage straight hair with short length can look. If you want to have a comfortable hairstyle and want a pop of colour which gives a retro look nothing than this red balayage hair can suit you the best. Try this out for a bright and lovely look.
Red Balayage on Medium Hair:
Having medium length hair? This is how balayage bob with medium hair can look with red colour. This gives such shiny and glossy look to the hair if you have good hair care routine. It looks wavy and smooth, and the colour will perfectly fit you if you want something which is suitable for party times.
Red Balayage on Long Hair:
Now here we are with balayage long hair. If you have long straight or long wavy hair, you can try out this kind of red balayage hair for a trendy look. This streaks of red can be mixed with a bit of shine in colour to give a that sharp and unique look when finished.
Here’s how to know if red balayage hair can be best suited to you:
- Ideal Age Group: Women below 38 years can best try this style out.
- Best Season to Try: Try this kind of bold balayage hairstyle in winters.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: This red balayage hair can best suit those with round and oval faces with wavy or straight hair only.
- Perfect Occasion and Outfit: These kinds of styles can be best suited when worn with western simple tops and dresses for parties at night or music festivals.
2. Purple Balayage Hair:
This purple balayage hair colour is best suited for those women who want a bit of quirk and naughtiness in their hairstyle. If you’re going to get bold and have a funky look, then this purple balayage can be the best fit for you.
Purple Balayage on Long Hair:
If you have long length hair, then this is how possibly this purple balayage colour can look on you. This hair looks shiny and smooth, given the balayage highlights which are done in between the streaks of colouring. The purple colour for long hair can fit you smooth and best if you already have wavy and darker hair.
Purple Balayage with Medium Hair:
In case you have medium hair, this is how medium-short blonde balayage can look on you. Women who love to look nerdy and unique can try this kind of medium length purple balayage hair. This can be best for those who totally want to try out something new and funky.
Purple Balayage on Short Hair:
Now, this is the possibility if you have shorter hair and can go with light purple balayage hair. If your original hair is lighter in colour (not black), then you can go with this shade of lighter purple balayage. This is cool and looks hot too, without a doubt.
Here’s how to see if the purple balayage hair can best fit you or not:
- Best Season to Try: Wear this kind of bold colours in monsoons.
- Ideal Age Group: Women below 35 can try out this kind of hair colour.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: This purple balayage is totally good with all hair types but with oval and diamond face only.
- Suitable Occasion and Outfit: Women should only wear western smart tops and shorts or skirts to look great on this. Wear these kinds of styles when there are night events or themed parties or dancing off nights.
3. Pink Colour Balayage Hair:
Wanting a more of girly look on yourself but still want to try out something unique? Then this pink balayage hair can be the best fit for you. This colour is best for balayage light brown hair and golden coloured original hair.
Pink Balayage on Medium Hair:
In case you possess medium length wavy hair, then this is how pink balayage colour can suit you well. This is totally mild and feminine that it will give you a charming look to yourself. This balayage hair colour technique can be done for those who want more of usual colour and look with a quirk and twist.
Pink Balayage Hair on Long Hair:
Those who have long hair can possibly opt for this pink variant of balayage colour. This is mild pink, and baby colour did more sharper near the edges of the tail and lighter near the crown and roots of the hair. This gives a new and different look.
Pink Balayage Bob with Short Hair:
Those who want to get a bit more experimental can go with such a darker variant of pink balayage. This goes with a bit of magenta pink touch on the hair with sharper edges. Those women who want to look funky and bold can try this style out. This requires a lot of guts to try but is totally worth it if you have confidence.
Here’s is to see if the pink balayage can suit you:
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good time to try this variant of balayage.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with round and diamond face can try this style out with any hair type.
- Ideal Age Group: Those women below 30 years are only suitable for this darker pink style. However, you can go with a lighter pink variant tile age of 40 years old.
- Suitable Occasion and Outfit: Wear casual outfits with this style or long gown as per hair balayage choice. Go for casual girl outings with friends or movies nights.
4. Honey Colour Balayage Hair:
Ever heard of honey balayage hair colour? Well, this is totally natural and new into the fashion market. Those young and woman who badly wants to try their foot in the balayage world but are sceptical can possibly try this one out.
Honey Balayage on Short Hair:
If you have shorter hair with naturally lighter hair colour, then this honey balayage can fit you best. Women who want to look natural and elegant can possibly try this style out. This is totally simple and stylish also, which is best fit for those who do not want too hard and bold colours.
Honey Balayage on Medium Hair:
Now even if you have medium length hair, then this honey-golden balayage is totally best fit for you. This is best suited for little younger age groups and woman who are wanting to try out for regular daily lifestyle. This will not make you stand out but will instead make you look elegant and trendy.
Honey Balayage for Long Hair:
If you possess long hair, then you can try out this longer balayage honey hair colour. This looks quite natural and infect does not make it look like it is coloured with balayage hair technique. However, doesn’t it look quite stylish too? If you already have a lighter tone of hair or brown hair, you can try this one out.
Know if the honey balayage can fit you or not through these tips:
- Ideal Age Group: Women in any age group can try this colour out.
- Best Season to Try: Summers and monsoons are a good time to try this honey balayage.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Any face type and hair type can try this versatile hair balayage.
- Suitable Occasion and Outfit: Wear this versatile hair balayage with daily regular casual and western wear for colleges or offices as you wish as it can suit everyone the best.
5. Light Brown Balayage Hair:
If you have darker brown or golden hair in natural colour but want to try out something mild, then this light balayage brown hair is totally good to go for you. This can be totally exquisite and stylish and yet simple and contemporary for you.
Light Brown Balayage for Short Hair:
In case you want to maintain short hair, then this brown blonde balayage is good to go. This style adds a bit of quirk and style to normal hairstyle for usual everyday life. This is best for the professional woman who is in a busy schedule but wants to make time for fashion and style in their life
Light Brown Balayage on Medium Hair:
This variant of light brown balayage hair is best if you want to look simple and casual. This is a variant of brown which has a few golden streaks in between adding to the elegance. The balayage colour doesn’t show much in a bold manner here and is for women who love simplicity.
Light Brown Balayage for Long Hair:
Women who want to focus on trend and style but do not want to get too bold is good to go in this long hair with brown balayage. This one is totally cool, feminine and graceful. If you are into the fashion world and field, this can probably suit you the best.
Here’s how to fit balayage brown hair for you:
- Best Season to Try: Wear this style for summers at its best.
- Ideal Age Group: Women of any age group can totally try this one it.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Any face and hair type can try this versatile light brown balayage hair.
- Suitable Occasion and Outfit: Women can wear trendy long gowns and dresses to go for parties or events. Further, this is also good to go for a higher official professional order woman with formal dresses.
6. Caramel Colour Balayage Hair:
If you have dark brown hair or black hair naturally, then this caramel balayage hair is the best fit for you. It is easy to transform and fits almost all kind of woman and preferences easily.
Caramel Balayage with Short Hair:
This is day to day go casual style for several women. Be it in college time or office style, and this caramel balayage on black hair is easy to do, easy to maintain and does not require many efforts at all. Wear this style if you want quite a simple one with mild balayage.
Caramel Balayage with Medium Hair:
Women who are into a professional career can probably try this trend. This looks totally elegant, graceful and stylish. Women who want to try out friendly balayage hair colours can try this variant of caramel balayage highlights on them quickly. It is stylish, elegant, trendy and unique all at the same time.
Caramel Balayage on Long Hair:
This is good to go for college girls. Younger girls who want to concentrate on style statements but do not like going over bold can try this caramel balayage with highlights style. If you have black hair, this can look best on you totally, and you do not need to think twice before getting it at all.
See how this caramel balayage can fit your best:
- Ideal Age Group: Women of age below 35 years can best fit this balayage.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this in any season as you wish as it suits all the time.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Those with any face type and wavy hair can try this balayage out.
- Suitable Occasion and Outfit: Women can wear formal clothes or casual trendy clothes as per the occasion. This balayage fits both professional spaces and also for stylish events equally.
7. Golden Balayage Hair:
Golden balayage is mostly noticed in western countries given the way the hair is highlighted boldly. If you naturally have light brown hair, then this golden balayage can fit you best. Try this out if you total want to try out something new and super stylish.
Golden Balayage on Short Hair:
If you have short hair and are in the teen or younger age groups, then this can be the best fit for you. Wear this out to look trendy and elegant as well in your everyday style. Here we see that the upper crown portion is done with dark highlights of balayage and golden balayage became lighter down towards the end tips.
Golden Balayage on Medium Hair:
If you want to look hot and sexy, then this golden balayage with medium wavy hair can be the best fit for you. There is nothing like this super exotic style for young women out there who can flaunt their beauty in this style. Further, if you have black hair, this balayage may be bit challenging yet very stylish guaranteed
Golden Balayage with Long Hair:
This variant of golden balayage with long hair is best for women who have long length hair and wants to look feminine and girly. It is quite a simple look yet very trendy and friendly one. Try this lookout if you do to want to take any risk with your styling methods but want to look stylish.
See if this golden balayage can fit your best with these tips:
- Ideal Age Group: Women in 20s are suitable for this style.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this for winters and monsoons at its best.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Any face and hair type can totally try this golden balayage hair easily.
- Perfect Occasion and Outfit: Style this accordingly for colleges or casual movie or date night outings. Wear trendy, yet casual dresses or western tops to look stylish.
8. Chocolate Brown Colour Balayage Hair:
If you naturally have the black colour or light brown hair, then this chocolate brown balayage is a good and safe bet to try. The woman who has a lighter version of this hair colour can try this out as something new and stylish
Chocolate Brown Balayage with Short Hair:
This is totally stylish and new age modern hairstyle to try out. This almost looks almost like black colour balayage but has a steady difference in having that chocolate brown shade. Women who are into certain professional segments can try this one out for stylish appearance.
Chocolate Brown Balayage with Medium Hair:
If you want the trendy and girly look, then you can go for this medium hair chocolate balayage. Those who are very fair and white skin toned can try this dark chocolate brown highlighted balayage as it can suit them better than others. This is easy and safe option to try if you want to look simple yet stylish.
Chocolate Brown Balayage with Long Hair:
Those who have naturally lighter honey or bronze coloured hair can try this long chocolate brown balayage hair out. This is going to suit them more and is unique and newer style as well. It is simple and yet very magnificent and stylish in its way.
Here’s how to fit chocolate brown balayage hair for yourself:
- Best Season to Try: Winters are best to work on this hairstyle colour.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in any age group can try this versatile hairstyle.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Square, round and oval face with wavy and straight hair types are suitable for this style.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Wear this for any event or occasion as this is quite versatile and suits all times. Wear with smart and trendy western outfits like dresses and skirts.
9. Dark Brown Balayage Hair:
This dark brown balayage hair is for someone who has lighter hair colour naturally. Those who want to get it dark and do not prefer it to go to jet black colour can try this something out easily.
Dark Brown Balayage with Short Hair:
If you want to get this colour in middle-aged woman in short hair as well, this totally looks trendy and stylish. This edgy style can be easily achieved safely without much of hustle given that it suits the majority of woman out there. It is a versatile and unique style.
Dark Brown Balayage with Medium Hair:
Those women who want to try this with medium hair can look like this style. It is sweet and quite simple style, looks dashing and elegant. This graceful style can be achieved by a woman of younger age groups for both simplicity and style quotient.
Dark Brown Balayage with Long Hair:
If you want a darker version with longer hair, then this is how it may look. A woman who wants to make it look super trendy and stylish can try this one out. A younger woman can try this style out if they’re going to go simple yet smart and edgy.
Here’s how to see if dark brown balayage can suit you:
- Best Season to Try: wear this in monsoons and winters at its best.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with any face and hair type can totally try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in older age can try short balayage with brown colour, and younger age woman can try any hair length.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Women can wear casual western outfits to dressed skirts to look great in this smartly. These are suitable for cool events or work day time as well.
10. Grey Colour Balayage Hair:
The grey balayage hair colour is new in market and trend right now. This is not well versatile and suitable for everyone, and however, is unique in its way. Let us see how this can fit different women in different ways.
Grey Balayage with Short Hair:
Women of older age groups who want to try out and turn something smart can look into this style quickly. This is quite nice to try out and can make one look youthful and radiant easily if in older age groups. This is new right now and can make you stand out from the crowd as well
Grey Balayage with Medium Hair:
This balayage highlight technique with the grey colour is again new in trend. If women of middle age groups are into styling and fashion trend, then this can be possibly the best option for them to try out. It will totally make you look stylish and edgy and great looking.
Grey Balayage with Long Hair:
This grey balayage with long hair is suitable for women of growing age group. However not many prefer this style given the way it hits with new style and colour which is quite bold and new. Try this style out if you want to totally go bright and loud with new style and want to stand out.
Here is how to see if this style suits you the best:
- Best Season to Try: Winter and monsoon seasons are the best for this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in 40s to 60s can work on this style in different lengths to look stylish.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Any face shape and hair type can try this style out, except for curly hair.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Wear this style only with unique and casual western outfits for styling times or casual outings.
11. Black Coloured Balayage Hair:
Balayage black hair may seem normal and usual to most of you but is quite new and wanted for those who do not have black coloured natural hair. This is among the most sought balayage hair colour, which can make you look trendy.
Balayage Black with Short Hair:
The black balayage with short hair is nothing new in trend, and however, is wanted for those women who have lighter brown or honey-coloured hair. Women who love dark coloured hair prefer this hairstyle a lot. It is totally worthy and stylish right now.
Black Balayage with Medium Hair:
The black balayage with the medium hairstyle is here to stay and is among the most evergreen styles we have come across. This is versatile and stylish that it can suit different age groups and preferences. It is simple, stylish and also very edgy.
Black Balayage with Long Hair:
The black balayage with long hair is best suited for younger women age groups for those who want to stay stylish and lit. Women who want to get edgy and trendy but wants darker hair colour generally prefers black balayage. However, this is mostly done by women in western countries who have lighter hair colours like honey or caramel coloured tones.
Here is to see if the black balayage can suit you best:
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go in this style.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with any face type and wavy or straight hair can try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this for women in 20s for longer and medium black balayage and shorter hair for older women ages.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Wear casual to trendy western skirts and dresses to look great here. Wear these for date nights, events or parties.
12. Ash Coloured Balayage Hair:
Ash brown balayage is now new in trend. If you have discoloured hair or have browner hair and wants to turn out to something new and funky, then ash balayage is new to try out right now.
Ash Balayage for Short Hair:
Women who are in middle-aged groups and wants to get stylish or in fields of art and fashion can try this style out. This is good for those women who have lighter hair colour or black/brown colour only. However, given the several variants of ash balayage, make sure you go for a suitable variant for yourself.
Ash Balayage for Medium Hair:
The ash balayage for medium hair is only good for the woman who is confident to try out something new and stylish. This is not the usual colour and gives a metallic effect. Hence if you want to try out something new, loud and bold and quite funky, then this is good to go.
Ash Balayage with Longer Hair:
This variant of ash balayage with longer hair is not much known and preferred but only done when you are extremely confident about maintaining it well. Take good professional advice as per your variant colour to try this one out. The only woman of fairer skin can try this ash balayage variant.
Here is to see if ash balayage can suit you best:
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good time to try this one out.
- Ideal Age Group: Any age group can try this variant as they wish.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with oval and diamond face and any hair type can try this one out.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Wear this for unusual themed parties and art or professional field only with super casual western wear.
- While we have heard and understood good about balayage hair, here are few must-know tips and to follow for good and shiny hair.
- Balayage hair colour is to be selected only with the help of saloon experts. After you decide your preferences work on visiting a stylist and expert who can advise you as per your skin tone and hair type.
- Make sure you take good care of hair after this. Hair tends to dry out and hence good hair care with nourishment and moisturization is heavily required.
- Hair spa is regularly required if you have balayage hair. This is important to make sure hair is well protected from dryness and also required nourishment is provided to the hair in time.
Balayage hair is becoming quite a common phenomenon in different areas globally. It is setting the trend and style these days with new looks and styles with different colours and variants. As per the style quotient, personal preference of colours (on wanting it to be simple or bold or stylish) you can easily decide on what balayage hair colour you would like to try the most. Try them out, and we will love to hear from you more.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Does balayage hair last long on hair without touch-ups?
Ans: Depending on the nature of your hair, one requires to visit colourist ever 14 weeks on average to have balayage touch-ups and highlights. It lasts longer than other colours and requires less touching up sessions.
Q2. How to choose best balayage colour for your hair?
Ans: The colour of the balayage depends on your preferences. However, if you want to maintain it natural to your actual hair colour, always go for balayage, which is nearer to your natural shade. This way you can maintain a fresh colour easily.
Q3. Is balayage bad and damaging to the hair?
Ans: Several stylists mention that balayage is not damaging and bad to your hair. Compared to chemical hair colouring, balayage is seen more natural and smooth process without involvement of ammonia. Hence it is less damaging than other methods.
Originally posted 2020-08-06 21:02:10.