15 Trending Facial Hair Styles for Men Right Now 2020
Every time we think of styling and having a makeover, the most common thing which comes to mind is hairstyles. But have you ever thought of wanting great facial hair styles? The men’s facial hair styles are among the most stylish and most comfortable to transform features which can break or make the looks. In case you want to turn out to be looking hot and handsome, it is just not about the hairstyles which should be emphasised but also change to suitable facial hair styles.
Given that there are several lists of facial hairstyles for men in the fashion market, you can easily choose one as per your face shape and features. They can transform your daily and everyday looks to turn you into a better trendy person. In this guide, let us see trending and common types of facial hair styles right now. Here we tell you different facial hair names and tell you how best to style them out.
15 Different Types of Facial Hair Styles for Men:
These 15 popular facial hairstyles will leave you looking handsome and stylish. Try them out, and you will never go back.
1. Royal Facial Hair Style:
Well, in case you haven’t come across this famous facial hairstyle, we aren’t surprised given that it is lesser-known and among most top trendy in different facial hairstyles right now. This is called a royal beard facial hairstyle which is best suited to men who wants to have an elegant and professional look. Men who love to concentrate much on facial hair and have that edgy moustache can try this one out for better looks. Try this out, and you surely wouldn’t regret if you want sharp looks
- Ideal Age Group: Men of 40s are best suited to try this facial style.
- Perfect Skin Type: Wear this style for combination to normal skin type.
- Best Hairstyle: Men can have a nice slick back hairstyle or trimmed hair to look good in this facial hairstyle.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Men who have elongated face shape with sharp features of nose and ears can try this style for best looks.
2. Goatee Facial Hairstyle Look:
This is among the most known and best facial hair styles right now. Many of us know about this look and is a quite common sight for several men to try out. This is a super stylish and classic look and will suit most of the men quickly. And this is easy to do, maintain and also go on it well for several looks and occasion. Try out this versatile look if you want something unique, trendy and stylish without a doubt.
- Perfect Skin Type: Wear this style for any skin type as it suits all.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in 30s to 50s, anyone can try this versatile look.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Men with oval and round face with narrow chin can try this style out.
- Best Hairstyle: Those who want to maintain this goatee facial hair can best have a normal haircut with trimmed balanced hair to look good.
See More: [Most Famous Goatee Facial Hair Style]
3. Van Dyke Facial Hair Style:
Well if you are wondering what is new about this and goatee look, there is something to notice. Van Dyke is the modern variant and look of a goatee with a moustache as well, and may look similar however here the moustache does not need to connect here to each other with facial hair. There is a bit of trim and the sharp gap between both. This modern facial hair styles are stylish as well and is well preferred by men in the young group to make them look handsome and hot.
- Perfect Skin Type: Those with dry and normal skin are best suited to this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style if you are in your 30s and 40s to look handsome.
- Best Hairstyle: Men can better have a slick back symmetric haircut to look great here.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Those with an oval and elongated face and any facial features can easily try this one out.
4. Anchor Facial Hair Look:
Anchor beard is among the most popular facial hair styles. In case you do not want to lift much of risk and want to yet also not look usual and common, then this is a good and safe bet for you to style out. In anchor facial hair, the beard and moustache area will look like an anchor in a well-trimmed manner. This looks stylish and trendy and is among the most sought hairstyles for men who want to have a vintage look.
- Ideal Age Group: Men of 40s are best suited to try this style out.
- Perfect Skin Type: Wear this style for any skin type as suited and possible.
- Best Hairstyle: Wear this style with a good lifted haircut with gel applied for the better-styled look.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Men with any face shape and broad chin can try this style out.
5. Chevron Facial Style:
Here are other easy facial hair styles to try out. This Chevron look isn’t very new but not very well known as well. If you are among someone who loves to have a light mustache in sleek format, then this is a good thing to try out easily. Here moustache is well maintained in the exact trim side and goes only as similar line part. Try this out to have a unique and manly look without much of effort.
- Perfect Skin Type: Wear this for any skin type quickly.
- Ideal Age Group: Men of 30s can best suit this style well.
- Best Hairstyle: Try this style with a lighter fade cut to look handsome and stylish.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Men with square and rectangle faces and broad chin and cheeks area can try this style out.
6. Stubble Facial Hair Style:
These stubble beard styles are well known and popular handsome look to all of us. We often see this look on many men and wonder if such a simple look can make us look super handsome like this. These easy facial hairstyles are quite nice and simple yet very stylish and trendy. Just grow facial hair and moustache in bit light and rough way and trim it well balanced. That is it, and you are good to go. Try it out if you want a formal yet stylish fashionable look
- Ideal Age Group: Men in 20s and 30s are best suited here.
- Best Hairstyle: Try this style with messy curly hair for best appearance.
- Perfect Skin Type: Wear this look if you have oily and combination skin.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Men with any face and facial features can easily try this one out.
7. Horseshoe Mustache Style:
This is quite popular men’s facial hair styles, and we don’t see much of the following. This horseshoe moustache facial hairstyle is nothing but having trimmed and the string of moustache coming down to the chin. It is super convenient and unique, and best for those guys who want to try out something new which is away from routine and being casual. This is super easy to maintain, as well. However, it requires regular trimming for maintaining this look.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in 50s are best suited to try this one.
- Best Hairstyle: Fade cut or most trimmed hair is best suited to this hairstyle.
- Perfect Skin Type: Those with any nature of skin type can try this look.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Men with an oval and elongated face and an aged person can try this style out.
See More: [Beard Styles for Men]
8. Mutton Chops Facial Hair:
This types of facial hairs styles are unique, which most of us do not know. This is mutton chops facial hair and mustache style here which goes in this manner. The moustache goes growing from back mixing to facial hair, but the immediate chin area is roughly shaved. This is quite a unique and stylish way and is among most trending modern looks. Try this kind of style if you want something new and variety.
- Best Hairstyle: Wear this with nice wavy hair only.
- Perfect Skin Type: Wear this style if you have any skin type.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in 30s and 40s are best fit to try this unique style out.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Men with round and oval face with narrow chin can try this style.
9. Chin Strap Facial Hair:
Ever heard of chinstrap facial hair? This grooming facial hairstyles aren’t new in trend and is here to stay. Here the facial hair goes in the form of strap equally all across the chin and looks like a layer of curtain around. That is why hence the name comes. Try this style if you want a smart and intellectual look. This gives a nice vibe and style around which is best to try out if you want a handsome yet quick look
- Ideal Age Group: Men of 50s are best to try this handsome look.
- Perfect Skin Type: Try this style if you have dry and normal skin type.
- Best Hairstyle: one can easily try this facial hairstyle with any versatile hairstyles around.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Men with any face shape and facial features can try this out quickly.
10. Klingon Facial Hair Style:
Ever heard of Klingon facial hair? Well, you heard it right. This kind of modern facial hair styles is new in the market now. Here we don’t see the mustache at all but facial hair growing right from chin area and going along as strap towards all over the chin. This is unique and new in the market, which is trending all over right now. Try it out if you want something new and energetic style than everyday routine.
- Best Hairstyle: Men can try right plush hairstyle with it to look great.
- Perfect Skin Type: Any skin type can quickly try out this facial hairstyle.
- Ideal Age Group: If you are in the 30s, this is the best style to try out easily.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Those with round and square face with the chubby face can try this style out.
11. Balbo Facial Hair Style:
Balbo facial hairstyle is new in trend right now. This is a variant where there is facial hair which is sharply trimmed. This is among new different facial hairstyles right now. Try it out if you like to have the manly and handsome look without much of experiment going around on facial styles. You can quickly achieve this look and maintain it effortlessly and without much time as well
- Best Hairstyle: Wear this facial hairstyle with good messy style only.
- Perfect Skin Type: Those men with dry to normal skin can try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for men in the late 20s to look super handsome and hot.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Try this style for any face shape and with elongated features.
12. Lumberjack Facial Hair Style:
This lumberjack facial hair style is not new in trend and fashion, and it is existent for a long time ago. The term is coined after the look which looks like hipsters. The major characteristic of this facial hair is long and luxurious facial hair which is burly and flowy. Men who love to experiment and love facial hairstyle and moustache styles much can try this variant of facial hairstyles. This is unique and is best for men who are strongly built and muscular.
- Perfect Skin Type: Any skin type men can try this style out.
- Best Hairstyle: Try this style with good flowy hair style and messy look.
- Ideal Age Group: Those men in 50s plus age group are suitable for this style.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Those with an oval face only are good to try out with broad facial features.
See More: [Beard and Mustache Styles]
13. Crusader Facial Hair Style:
If you do not like much of fuller beard, then crusader facial hairstyle is the younger version of the same. Full facial hair isn’t easy to pull for every single man out here; hence here is alternative variant. Here there is the limited facial hair on cheeks, upper lip and chin. Try this style if you are ready to have regular trimming and maintenance excellently. This is quite a stylish and unique look to try out.
- Perfect Skin Type: Men with dry and normal skin are best to try this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for the younger men age group who are less than 40 years.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Those with a round face and broad chubby features are best to try.
- Best Hairstyle: Wear simple normal haircut to this style to look good. Alternatively, you can even try out nice pompadour or slick back style.
14. Tight Facial Hair Style:
The tight facial hairstyle isn’t new in fashion but is existent for a long time. However, it is back to fashion trend now. Here as the name tells, the beard is a bit more involved and requires oneself to grow good facial hair all around and above the chin. Tight facial hair requires to be maintained in the same amount and shouldn’t be grown too long, hence regular trimming and maintaining is necessary for this style.
- Best Hairstyle: Try this style with the fade cut to look great.
- Ideal Age Group: Those who are in age 30 years are best suited for this look.
- Perfect Skin Type: Wear this style if you have normal and combination skin type.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Men with any face type and v shape face can try this one out.
15. Pencil Style:
Well, this is another shaving style for facial hair style variant. Here the pencil style moustache comes after the name that the facial hair(1) mustache hair variant is in the form of the thin line which goes on both sides of the chin in the form of a pencil. Well, we know this is unique, but it is also quite gorgeous, isn’t it? Try this style if you want to try out something new and stylish for everyday look easily. This further requires less maintenance too frequent trimming.
- Perfect Skin Type: Wear this style for any skin type easily.
- Best Hairstyle: Try this style with good taper fade or fancy fade.
- Ideal Age Group: Men of late 20s and 30s are best to try this youthful look.
- Suitable Face Shape and Facial Features: Men with oval and diamond face and elongated v shape chin can try this style out.
- Now we are here with a few other suggestions on how to best go about facial hair care and maintenance.
- Facial hair is not easy to maintain. Many times men just maintain hair well, trim it well and take care of it ignoring facial hair. It is required and important as well.
- Applying good beard oil and balm can help the hair on beard and mustache to look healthy, fine and shiny.
- Do not miss out on shampooing the beard as well.
- Trim beard once in six weeks on an average if you want to maintain a similar style.
- Apply facial hair wax and gel as required to style the facial hair further well.
The facial hairstyles aren’t much heard of and thought of in many cases. Men often care and think much about possible hairstyles for themselves, ignoring the facial hair. But here we are to remind you about the importance of facial hairstyle in styling oneself. Try these versatile styles out as you wish as per your preference. These are among most trending in fashion market right now and can give you a dapper and stylish look.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answer:
Q1. How to increase facial hair growth to change the style?
Ans: One requires to grow facial hair to change facial hairstyle or as required. It all depends on how you manage and care the facial hair. Exfoliate the skin there well and remove dead skin cells regularly. Have a balanced diet and have good protein intake. Take eucalyptus oil and apply to it well and further massage it as well. Clean face usually as well.
Q2. Is it good to apply beard wax and gel to style facial hair regularly? Will it damage facial hair?
Ans: Beard wax and gel can be applied regularly as well. There are no damaging issues and concerns for the same. Hence you can go ahead without worry and use them to style facial hair well.
Q3. How to promote the healthy development of beard and moustache properly?
Ans: The health and development of facial hair are equally important to style them well. Hence do not ignore taking care of the same. Brushing the facial hair will help to promote blood circulation in the area well. Further, apply beard oil well to moisturise and nourish facial hair. It helps to groom the hair thoroughly and make it look shiny and healthy.