One of the classic tattoo designs that never go out of vogue are the devil tattoos. Devils are opposite of God and are considered to be a supreme power of the darker side. Like people who believe in God, there are also many people who believe in Satan or the evil. Devils are essential supernatural beings with mischievous and wicked intentions. They have existed in many cultures and have been given a grotesque and demonic appearance by the artists. In the modern era, where human bodies are converted into a canvas, devil tattoo designs have become one of the most-sought inking ideas. In this article, we have compiled the most popular devil tattoo designs for you.
Meanings and Significance of Devil Tattoos:
In many religions and cultures, a devil is considered to be a symbol of destruction and evil. Devils are usually represented in ugly forms with horns, protruding teeth, a tail and bat like wings. They are symbols of rebelliousness and are usually chosen by people who hate to be bossed around. Devils are also associated with extreme power and strength. They are usually invincible and it takes a supreme power to even consider a fight with them. Devils also represent the darker side of every human being.
18 Popular Devil Tattoo Designs With Best Placement Ideas
Here is list of the best devil tattoos with images and their meanings for both men and women for who likes evil qualities.
1. Devil Tongue Tattoo Design:
The image of devil with its tongue sticking out and its blue horns adoring his head in a horrendous and ghastly manner is the one which we all pretty familiar. These devil tattoo designs display the deviant behaviour and a fierce attitude towards life. Though these designs look more rebellious but it symbolizes the daring characteristic of the devil. These tattoos sometime give a very furious look also.
- Best Suitable For:This evil looking tattoo devil is ideal for men. The sticking out of tongue is a symbol of rudeness, disgust and even aggressiveness.
- Preferable Ink:Opt for red colored to do the face. For the rest, pick black, yellow and blue colors.
- Where:This is best done on shoulders or upper arm.
- Size: A medium sized tattoo works well.
- Skin Tone:Ideal for wheat and fair skinned people.
2. Fallen Devil Angel Tattoo On Back For Girls:
Shaitan was an angel of God until he rebelled against god and his supreme power. Because of this he is termed as “Fallen Angel”. Having Fallen Devil Angel tattooed displays the ultimate form of rebellion and revolt of a person or a community. If your are a person who cannot withstand the authority and want to form your own kind of community then this tattoo would be the best way to display your thoughts.
- Best Suitable For:This fallen angel tattoo is suitable for both men and women, who are rebellious and don’t hesitate to budge one bit to revolt against the systems.
- Preferable Ink:A black colored ink with hints of red are perfect for this tattoo design.
- Where:This devil wings tattoo perfect on the neck and back.
- Size: A medium sized tattoo look amazing on the body.
- Skin Tone:Ideal for medium to fair skinned people.
3. Devil Girl Tattoo Art On Arm:
Devils are often portrayed as seductive women, dressed in red with two horns protruding from their head. You can portray the temptress indulging in alcohol or gambling or other such immoral temptations. The tattoo can include either the full form or just the face with a devil trident to make the meaning more evident. Sometimes the she devil is made with an angel to represent the balance between good and evil.
- Best Suitable For:This woman devil tattoo ideal for men and women, who believe in playing it cool and make their intentions clearer.
- Preferable Ink:Opt for black and red colored inks with hints of grey and white.
- Where:The devil arm tattoo can also be done on shoulders and back.
- Size: A medium to large sized tattoo is the ideal pick.
- Skin Tone:Ideal for fair skinned people.
4. A Destructive Devil Tattoos On Back For Men:
Devils are considered to be anti-god. They are the ones who fight god and face their wrath. Many tattoos portray this struggle between devils and gods. However, contrary to popular belief these tattoos do not always aim to symbolize satanic powers. Sometimes the people who choose such designs are looking to mark some kind of internal struggle.
- Best Suitable For:The Devil’s tattoo shown here is designed for men who are facing an inner conflict and their darker side wins over!
- Preferable Ink:This tattoo is best done with grey and black colored inks.
- Where:Get this design etched on the back to capture the details.
- Size:The image has to be fairly large to get the best out of the design.
- Skin Tone:Ideal for wheat and fair skinned people.
See More: Trending Zombie Tattoo Designs
5. A Devil Face Tattoos On Thigh:
Devil faces can be made to look naughty in an impish fashion or frightening in a malicious manner. Most devil faces sport horns on their head and scary eyes. If you choose to make your tattoo colored, the face is generally made red, which is the characteristic color of the devil. Depending on your demands the expression can be varied. This is one of the most popular devil tattoo designs for men.
- Best Suitable For:This is one of the scariest and evil looking designs suitable for men, who are quite aggressive and monstrous.
- Preferable Ink:This tattoo is best done with a combination of grey, black and red colored inks.
- Where:Best done on the thigh area to highlight the features of the devil.
- Size:A large sized design can do justice to the image.
- Skin Tone:Ideal for wheat and fair skinned people.
6. Angel Devil Tattoo Designs:
Many a times the signs for devil and angel, namely horns and halos are incorporated together in a design. This represents a balance between good and evil much like the ying and yang symbol. It is a common style and looks good. Person who can manage good and both in between themselves this tattoo stands best for them.It is very simple but displays a lot of meaning and has deep thought in it. You can see the rich and uniqueness in this simple modern devil tattoo.
- Best Suitable For:This sinister looking demonic form is ideal for both men and women, who are ardent followers of Satan.
- Preferable Ink:Only black colored ink is suitable for this tattoo.
- Where:This can done on arms, shoulders and even on sleeves.
- Size:Choose between a medium to large sized design.
- Skin Tone:Best done on wheat and fair skinned tones.
7. A Full Length Gargoyle Type Devil Tattoos:
Devils often look like scary gargoyles. Full length devil gargoyle’s look best on one’s back or along the length their body. Many people get these devils tattoo designs done upon their arms too. But these are suitable for people with really large biceps.Gargoyle is a grotesque carved human face or an animal face, sometimes it is a mixture of both of them even. The grotesque looking creatures are known as protectors from the evil in some cultures. The mix of different mythologies makes it more interesting to get this evil tattooed designed.
- Best Suitable For:This full lengthdevil on a shouldertattoo is ideal for men who are fascinated with mythical creatures, especially of the demonic forms.
- Preferable Ink:Choose a combination of black, grey and cream colored inks.
- Where:Shoulder and biceps are the right spots for this design.
- Size:A large sized design looks perfect.
- Skin Tone:Best done on fair skinned tones.
8. A Simple Black Devil Tattoo Sleeve:
Devil tattoos need not always be in vibrant red colors, you can choose a simple black devil outline or silhouette too. Though this black devil tattoo not colorful it still manages to look good and express whatever it is you wished to portray. This sort of tattoo is partly minimalist and partly elaborate also. This tattoo is so minimalist that it can portrait almost anything. However, this tattoo would reflect a carefree attitude and a person who doesn’t like fuss in anything. So, it you are this kind of person then this tattoo is apt for you.
- Best Suitable For:This creative devil symbol tattoo design is suitable for both men and women who like to give a hidden message about their darker sides.
- Preferable Ink:Best done with black and brown colored inks.
- Where:Choose arms, biceps and shoulders for this tattoo.
- Size:A large sized image does justice to the design.
- Skin Tone:Best done on medium and fair skinned tones.
9. The Pan God Of The Devil Tattoo:
The devil often takes the form of the god Pan with goat-like horns and hooves. It is then made with leaves and fruits and other elements of nature. However more generally they are portrayed as humanoid creatures with red skin, forked tails, horns and malicious eyes.It also displays traits of Japanese devil tattoo designs which combines a devilish form with nature based motifs.
- Best Suitable For:This diabolical creature is ideally for men who have evil qualities and don’t hesitate one bit to display their anger and aggression.
- Preferable Ink:For the face, opt for black and brown. For the blood, red is ideal.
- Where:Back, shoulders and side of the abdomen are ideal spots.
- Size:Go for a large sized image to create the required drama.
- Skin Tone:Ideally for lighter skin tones.
10. Haloed Devil Tattoo Design:
Simple and cute devils tattoo designs have become very common. The devil tattoo with a halo is a upcoming and a new trend. It very trendy and smart and moreover these tattoo have aesthetic look also. Haloed devil tattoo hold a great and deeper meaning. It halo crafted symbolizes everything angelic and the devil crafted stands for the evil. A mixture of both of them displays the life cycle of the human that in a life we all comes through good things and even bad things but the life continues.
- Best Suitable For:This super cute halo small devil tattoo design is best for women, who like to balance their inner and angels and demons.
- Preferable Ink:A blend of black and brown makes it look perfect.
- Where:The back of the shoulder is the perfect spot for this tattoo.
- Size:A small sized tattoo is optimal.
- Skin Tone:Medium to lighter skin tones can choose this design..
11. Traditional Devil Cupid Tattoo Design:
For those who get devil tattoos not to symbolize shaitan and his immorality, but to make the tattoo look impish and mischievous this is the perfect design! A cupid like devil is not intimidating, its cute and reflects mischief in a good way. You can add jugs of beer or other such stuff to it to make it funkier.
- Best Suitable For:This mischievous looking little devil tattoo designs is apt for girls in their teens and who are rebellious.
- Preferable Ink:Opt for a blend of orange, blue and brown.
- Where:Choose visible areas like arms, neck and shoulders.
- Size:Preferably a small sized tattoo.
- Skin Tone:Suits all lighter skin tones.
12. Devil Horns Tattoo Design:
The devil, who is supposed to be the incarnate of Satan himself has changed its forms continuously in folklore. In tattoos it is often represented as a modern man’s face with a glint of mischief or devilishness in his eyes. The typical devils tattoo has the man’s color as red and generally portrays him indulging in some harmful modern temptation like smoking.
- Best Suitable For:The Devil head tattoo is suitable for people of all genders, who are willing to unleash their inner demons.
- Preferable Ink:Best done with black, brown and hints of red.
- Where:Best done on the forehead to give the illusion of horns popping out.
- Size:Choose the size of the horns based on the forehead size.
- Skin Tone:Best suits medium to fair skin tones.
13. Crying Baby Devil Tattoo Designs:
This tattoo design is outstanding as none of has seen an image of upset devil. We all have come across only of sad or crying angels only. This characteristic make this crying tattoo design very unique and that’s the reason it becoming very popular. This tattoo symbolizes that every person in life is fighting a battle with its inner self, despite of any hard exterior, and he is bound to feel low at some point of his life. This message in itself is very inspiring so who would not live to style this tattoo which holds such an amazing meaning.
- Best Suitable For:If you are a woman who despite facing inner struggles is ready to challenge the world, this design is for you.
- Preferable Ink:Opt for black and brown inks with hints of white.
- Where:Ideal on spots like shoulder, arms and back.
- Size:A large sized image looks perfect.
- Skin Tone:This design is apt for wheat and fair skin tones.
14. Rock Star Devil Tattoo Designs:
These types of rock star devil tattoo are especially famous in musicians. But here the devil is not devil at all. These tattoos are dark, deep, eerie and perfect for the enigmatic image for the music lovers they require. This is greatest combination of devil tattoo designs with musical instruments.
- Best Suitable For:This rebellious devil of a rock star is for all the men who like to slay with their musical skills.
- Preferable Ink:Best done with red, black, brown and white colored inks.
- Where:Get this done on the side of your abdomen for a quirky look.
- Size:Opt for a large sized image to give attention to details.
- Skin Tone:The colourful image complements fair skin tones.
15. A Smoking Red Devil Tattoo:
This devils face holding a cigarette in between its lips and some kind of mischief in its eyes is very common tattoo for marking defiance. It is common among youngsters who want to rebel against their parents, what can be worse than a tattoo and that a tattoo of a devil holding cigarette in them.
- Best Suitable For:These types of images are popular with youngsters, especially men, who rebel against the societal norms and choose to be their own bosses.
- Preferable Ink:The face is done with red and the details are done with black and white colored inks.
- Where:Arms and biceps are the best spots to flaunt this tattoo.
- Size:A large face captures the details well.
- Skin Tone:Best for fair and wheat skin tones.
16. Devil Skull Tattoo Design:
This is one of the scariest looking designs out there! The image portrays a skull with pieces of flesh still intact can give you quite a nightmare! This tattoo is preferred by men who are fascinated towards the walking death and other horror classics. It also represents that a human may be essential flesh and bones, but when they are ripped off, the inner devil is revealed.
- Best Suitable For:This devil hand tattoo is apt for men who have a passion for horror and scary images, and who is not afraid of these sinister looking creatures.
- Preferable Ink: Black, white and red colored inks are optimal for this design.
- Where: Choose a well-toned bicep to get this tattoo inked.
- Size: A decent sized image can capture the goriness of this tattoo.
- Skin Tone: Preferably on lighter skin tones.
17. A Tribal Devil Tattoos:
This symmetric looking tribal devil tattoo is one of the perfect looking designs. It indicates a devil lurking inside the intricate design. This image represents a free-spirited being which is controlled by the inner devil. Choose to feed the devil and your evilness spreads far across. Thedevil neck tattoo spreads till the upper part of shoulders and makes use of tribal strokes to create a dramatic visual appeal on the body.
- Best Suitable For: Best for men with muscular bodies and who can carry such a complex design effortlessly.
- Preferable Ink: This is done in bold black colored ink.
- Where: Starting from the neck joint, the image spreads to the left and right shoulders.
- Size: A large sized design can best capture the symmetry.
- Skin Tone: Best done on wheat and light skin tones.
18. 3D Devil Tattoo Designs:
This hungry looking devil tattoo is too real to not believe in it. The creature seems ready to pounce on you and gobble you up into pieces. The diabolic look with its white eyes, dripping teeth, crimpled skin and those sharp nails can scare the wits out of a person. It indicates that the person is a go-getter and hungry for success, even if it means adopting evil methods.
- Best Suitable For:Suitable for men with huge back area to get this design etched.
- Preferable Ink:Black, brown and hints of red are suitable for this design.
- Where:Cover the entire back area with this design to create the drama.
- Size: You need to go for a huge image for that realistic look.
- Skin Tone:Suitable for fair skin tones.
Additional Tips To Follow Before Opting For A Devil Tattoo:
While wearing a Devil tattoo may look trendy, there are certain aspects you need to consider before opting for one:
- Devil tattoos are generally not considered very desirable in the main stream society.
- They indicate rebelliousness, evil nature and wickedness, which can give a wrong impression about a person.
- If you are a working professional, you need to make sure these tattoos are not done on te visible parts of your body, lest they can break your image at work.
- Large and extra-large sized tattoos may be difficult to deal with, particularly if you want to remove the devilish image associated with you.
- Even if you opt for a devil tattoo, try for smaller images with not so gory details, to keep it low-key.
We hope the devil inside you has approved of these tattoo designs. While some are really scary, the others perfectly capture the true meaning of a devil. Devils are not a separate set of creatures with horns, wings, scary teeth and falling flesh. They are a part of our soul, that reside inside us and force us walk the path of the bad. This is when our inner angels have a conflict with them and lead us back to the path of the God. If all depends on which part of the soul you wish to feed. If you have chosen one of these devil tattoo images, we sure know what are you upto!