9 Easy and Elegant Bridal Hairstyle for Short Hair in 2020
The next important thing for a woman after her bridal dress would be the choice of her bridal hairstyle. Women with short hair on their special D-Day have a lot of options to choose from that range from bob to pixie, unlike the misconceived notion that it is difficult to find an appropriate hairstyle. It is found that women with short hair have more chic, trendy hairstyle variations than ever before.
Bridal hairstyles for short hair include updos that range from glamorous curls to wearing hair accessories like headbands and floral accessories as seen in some of the short wedding hairstyles below. There are several amazing breathtaking wedding updos and contemporary short hairstyles that are available for the bride to choose from.
9 Best and Stylish Bridal Hairstyle for Short Hair:
Beautiful bridal hairstyles for short hair are here. Know more about a wide range of trending styles on how to do, what is suitable for different hair types here.
1. Curly Wedding Updo:
This is one of the popular bridal hairstyles for short hair that is extremely easy to create. It is a whimsical hairstyle where all you need to do is to twist hair and pin it up to make it look like curly waves. A beautiful accessory pinned to the hair will complete your bridal look.
- Ideal Age Groups: Early 20s to mid-30s can try this style.
- Perfect Seasons to Try: All seasons are good to go for this style.
- Preferred Face Shapes: Heart or oval-shaped faces would be ideal
- Matching Dresses: A lace gown with a dipped neckline and metallic finish will add to the look.
- Suitable Hair Types: Curly hair would suit this style and curlers are always there to help in case your hair is not curly enough.
2. Bob Hairdo with Side Twists:
Avoid intricate hairdos on your wedding day prefer simple bridal hairstyle for short hair. All you need to do is to pin pearls to your short hair. This can add the oomph to those messy curls. A bride can sport this short hairstyle for her wedding and be totally at ease at the wedding party. You can add fresh flowers or dainty hair accessories to your bridal hairdo. Just add a sprig of baby’s breath into the side twists which will perfectly complete the wedding look.
- Perfect Seasons to Try: All seasons suit this hairstyle.
- Ideal Age Groups: Women in their early to mid-20s are apt for this.
- Matching Dresses: Lacy gown embellished with lace and pearls complete the look.
- Preferred Face Shapes: Women with oval or round face shape can suit this hairstyle.
- Suitable Hair Types: This is a charismatic hairstyle which can be done for very short hair of any type.
See More: Bridal Hairstyles for Long Hair
3. Simple Laidback Updo:
Bridal hairstyles for short hair updos can be in the form of messy buns or can be made up of delicate rolls and twists. These rolls and twists can make up for a laudable hairstyle for the wedding day. A magical updo can be created by experienced stylists with short hair to match your gala bridal outfit. Romantic updos for short hair for weddings are gaining popularity among modern brides. The style is such that it can make any girl feels extremely feminine and ravishing wearing this hairstyle.
- Perfect Seasons to Try: All seasons are appropriate.
- Matching Dresses: Long white or ivory-coloured lacy gown would be perfect.
- Ideal Age Groups: Women in their early 20s to mid 30scan look quaint in this.
- Preferred Face Shapes: Women with oval face shape can carry this look with style.
- Suitable Hair Types: This is a romantic updo for very short hair of any texture, can be either straight or curly.
4. Pin-Up Curls:
Among bridal hairstyles for short curly hair, this hairstyle would be perfect as this updo is made up of soft, voluminous curls covering the crown and back of the head. This is an impressive short updo wedding hairstyle that is on-trend. Select hair jewellery that can complete the look complements the finish of your hairstyle and accentuates the beauty of your hair.
- Perfect Seasons to Try: Hairstyle can suit all summer and winter.
- Ideal Age Groups: Women in their mid 20sto 30s can look quaint in this.
- Preferred Face Shapes: Women with the oval and round face shape can carry this look.
- Suitable Hair Types: This simple laid back hairstyle is ideal for short hair of any type.
- Matching Dresses: Wedding suits would suit this style, varying from tuxedos and jumpsuits to pantsuits and even dress-suit hybrids.
5. Knotted Waves:
Bridal hairstyles for short, thin hair are best suited where a girl feels beautiful and feminine wearing a hairstyle as above. All you need is to pin the hair in alternate directions and fix with bobby pins with a stylish accent in the form of a large flower. Fresh flowers can accentuate the beauty of your hair, whether it is weave or flat ironed hair. A thin lacy headband would work perfectly for the delicate thin waves. This would be a simple wedding hairstyle.
- Ideal Age Groups: Brides who are in their early 20s to mid-30s.
- Suitable Hair Types: Wavy and curly hair will suit this hairstyle.
- Perfect Seasons to Try: This hairstyle is suitable for all seasons.
- Preferred Face Shapes: Round and the oval face shape would be ideal for this look.
- Matching Dresses: Best for the classic gown of white or cream with a fitted bodice and layers of full tulle skirt.
See More: Best and Latest Indian Bridal Hairstyles
6. Blow Dried Reverse Bob:
This is one of the easiest bridal hair short bobs. It is a bob style that can be slicked back, giving volume and height and at the same time does not look stiff. The hair can be combed back and tucked behind ears, and a shine-enhancing spray can be used to make it look glossy. There is nothing more natural and ethereal than this hairstyle to match the smile and sparkle in this beautiful bride’s eyes.
- Preferred Face Shapes: Ideal for heart-shaped faces.
- Perfect Seasons to Try: Summer can be a perfect season.
- Ideal Age Groups: Brides who are in their early to mid-20s.
- Suitable Hair Types: Straight or wavy hair can suit this hairstyle.
- Matching Dresses: Sheath wedding dresses with beading and lace, satin, and even crepe would be a flattering option.
7. Let the Wind Speak:
Bridal hairstyles for short, thin hair that is so deceptive that nobody would know that you have super-fine, thin hair. Short wedding hairstyles are gaining popularity, and this is a perfect option of using a tiny butterfly to make a big statement. Just sprinkle your roots with volumizing powder, accessorize with a few cute hair clips, and you are all set for the great day!
- Perfect Seasons to Try: All seasons go with this style.
- Ideal Age Groups: Brides in their early 20s can carry this well.
- Preferred Face Shapes: Oval shaped faces can look ravishing.
- Suitable Hair Types: Straight or wavy hair can look good with this.
- Matching Dresses: A bridal dress with a Victorian touch to it to achieve a graceful ceremonial look
8. Head Bands:
This is a good example of bridal hairstyles for short curly hair where one can opt for a simple hairstyle for the wedding day using delicate hair accessories or headbands with pearls or sparkly crystals. This gives the much-needed charm to your look. All you need to do is to let your hair down and pair it with a beaded headband at the front. Bob length hair with the headband holding back the curls looks gorgeous and modern.
- Suitable Hair Types: Curly hair would suit the best.
- Perfect Seasons to Try: Summer season would be ideal.
- Ideal Age Groups: Brides in their 20s-30s can carry this look.
- Matching Dresses: A fit and flare wedding dress with a sweetheart neckline.
- Preferred Face Shapes: Oval and round face shapes would look good with this hairstyle.
See More: Bridal Hairstyles for Medium Length Hair
9. Those Alluring Waves:
This hairstyle is a perfect example for short bridal hair with a tiara or a decorative hairpiece adding to its beauty. This is a short and classic hairstyle with a modern twist to it holding the dainty face-framing tresses. This classic hairdo has a touch of messiness to it where a few tendrils of hair are left loose to caress the face. The rest of the hair is held back with a jewelled hairpiece making the whole look elegant and classy.
- Suitable Hair Types: Wavy hair would be best to suit this look.
- Perfect Seasons to Try: This hairstyle is suitable for all seasons.
- Ideal Age Groups: Brides in their early to late 20s would suit this.
- Preferred Face Shapes: Heart, round and oval-shaped faces are ideal.
- Matching Dresses: A mermaid gown with beading and which flares out at the knees would look best with this.
- Pre-bridal care for bridal updo’s for short hair should begin months ahead to have shiny, luxurious tresses on your special day.
- Follow a well-balanced diet. Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle your hair.
- Condition your hair well according to your hair type and address any concerns you have.
- Trim your hair once every few months to get rid of split ends, as this will promote hair growth.
- It is essential to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water. This will help prevent dandruff and dry scalp.
- Avoid exposure to the sun by using a scarf or a hat with a wide brim when outdoors.
- Avoid tying your hair in tight buns or with tight clips.
- Ensure that you thoroughly research on bridal hairstyles months in advance to avoid last-minute stress.
The above article goes on to prove that you can look magnificently attractive on your wedding day by choosing any of the hairstyles described above. We would love to hear from you, so please do share with us which hairstyle impressed you the most at your wedding.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. What pre-bridal hair care can I do at home?
Ans: To start with, you can deep condition your hair by using egg and yoghurt. All you need to do is to whisk them both together until they are smooth. Apply this to your hair. Repeat this treatment once in two weeks. Also apply a combination of almond, olive and coconut oil as this will keep your hair nourished. All this will leave your hair looking smooth and shiny before your great day!
Q2. How long before the wedding must one cut hair?
Ans: Ideally, one must trim hair if needed one week before the wedding day. If one chooses bridal updos for short hair, then it is better to get it done 3-4 weeks before so that your hair has time to adjust to the length. It is essential to get good conditioning done one week before the wedding to ensure that your hair will be in perfect shape for the great day.
Q3. How early should hair colouring be done before the D-day?
Ans: If getting your hair coloured for the wedding, one would want the colour to remain fresh. Ideally, brides should do this one week before the wedding, and one must always protect the hair from sun, chlorine in the swimming pool water and also saltwater. Hair should be protected by applying conditioner before you get in the water as this will coat the hair and discolouration can be prevented. One must also avoid using heating tools as this will cause the colour to fade.