Common Hair Mistakes
Taking care of you hair is a bit like gardening. You have to nourish it, protect it, keep it trimmed and make sure it doesn’t go to seed. Here are the most common hair mistakes to avoid if you want healthy hair and a flattering hairstyle.
1. You wait forever between cutsOne of the most common hair styling mistakes you’re making is letting your locks grow for months before getting a haircut. If you found a hairstyle that you love, get an upkeep trim once a month.
2. You wash your hair every single dayEven things we think are good for our hair may turn out to be hair mistakes. While washing your hair every day may seem like a good idea, it often strips your hair and scalp of healthy oils, leaving them super dry. To prevent this, try alternating your shampoo with a hair conditioner every other day.
3. You blowdry your hair on “hot”
One of the most frequent hair mistakes women make is using the hair dryer on the hottest setting available. Doing this will not add extra volume to your hair, it will simply frizzle your hair. If you want to prevent this, simply use the “warm” or “cool” settings and linger a bit longer on your hair strands.
4. You mix hairspray and hot ironsOne of the worst hair mistakes you can make is mixing hairspray and hot irons. When exposed to heat, the alcohol in hairspray literally fries your hair. Use a thermal protection product to style whenever using hair straighteners and hair spray to hold.
5. You overdose on moisturizing productsOne of the common hair mistakes you can make is overdosing on super-hydrating pomades, which will leave your hair looking lifeless and weighed-down. To get the best effects, apply just a dab each morning, paying special attention to your ends.
6. You dye all over to cover your rootsApplying extra dye on your colored strands when your roots are showing is one of the most common hair mistakes women make. Apply a bit of dye to your roots only, to prevent over-processing.
7. You neglect your bangsBangs can make or break your hairstyle, so you shouldn’t put off getting them trimmed until your regular hair appointment. Hair experts recommend getting a shape-up at least once every three weeks.
8. You try to cover grays with home color.One of the most common hair color mistakes you can make is trying to cover grays with home dye. You will often end up with a flat, muddy-looking hair color. To fix this, choose a shade with a touch of gold, such as a golden brown.
Read also:Hair Braid Mistakes to AvoidHome Hair Treatments for Shiny, Healthy Hair!