We’ve been wearing braids for quite a few seasons now but we are still glad they still going strong in 2020!
Put a stylish spin on the classic middle part updo by adding fishtail braid elements. Here’s an easy hair tutorial on how to do a romantic updo with double fishtail braids!
Give your updos a new lease of life by incorporating one of the hottest braiding techniques of the moment, fishtail braids. The boring, skinny braid is a big no-no according to the 2020 hairstyle trends! Hair must look thick and fluffy, so ruffle through some dry shampoo to gain more volume before starting to braid.
Wear this double fishtail braid updo for school or work, on windy winter or hot summer days, or just anytime you want to go for the boho look and bring out your sweeter side!
Double Fishtail Braid Updo Steps
1. Start by creating a center part and divide hair into two equal sections for the two braids.
2. Begin braiding the front on a diagonal and moving towards the back.
3. Pick up two thin strands of hair, then a third one from the left and cross it to the right.
4. Repeat the move on the other side and continue braiding until you reach the end of the hair and secure with elastic.
5. Create an identical fishtail braid on the other side. Pull the braids a little loose to make them thicker.
6. Take the braid from the right-hand side, cross it over to the left and secure with several bobby pins. Conceal the ends by tucking them under the braid.
7. Repeat the process with the other braid and try to make the two sides as similar as possible.
Double Fishtail Braid Updo: Finished Look
Hair by Laura Popovici for BecomeGorgeous.com
View more hair tutorials:Waterfall Braid Tutorial7 Strand BraidingFishtail Braid Video Instructions