What is Wet Dandruff and How to Treat?
What is wet dandruff? Do you want to know about this? This is single of the most frequent beauty troubles by which most of people experience Dandruff. On the other hand, the correct dandruff treatment options can successfully assist you to dispose of those itchy flakes. Dry dandruff is typically less severe than the oily or wet type.
Mostly people through oily scalps obtain this type of dandruff. This dandruff appears as tiny, glossy flakes plus is approximately always accompany by itchiness. The scalp is forever moist by a layer of oil cover it. While you scratch your scalp, dandruff flake get stuck beneath your nails. This dandruff comes plus goes and losses can contain it for years.
What is Wet Dandruff?
In this, manufacture of sebum or else oil by the skin of the scalp is an ordinary incident. It is a natural process that helps the scalp remains moisturized. Serious concerns occur whereas there is over-production of the sebum or else sebaceous glands. Irregular sebum secretion leads to the incidence of oily scales on the scalp. This kind of dandruff is obstinate plus tends to stay put fixed to the scalp plus hair. The situation becomes worse while dirt also get fascinated on the humid scalp, trigger severe itching as well as infection. Extra body parts for example the eyebrows and face can be unfavorably exaggerated because of dandruff. Wet dandruff hair loss is also a common side effect of this symptom.
See More: Effects Of Dandruff On Face
Causes and Symptoms Of Wet Dandruff:
The main cause of wet dandruff is the presence of excess oil and sebum on scalp. This build up of sebum can be caused due to multiple reasons like:
- Not shampooing well: If you do not shampoo regularly, the excess oil tends to stay on scalp and cause wet dandruff.
- Oily Skin: This is the most common cause of the problem and is often referred to as Seborrheic Dermatitis. It affects your scalp and oily glands present in eyebrows, either sides of nose and even your underarms.
- Yeast Infection: A common yeast called Malassezia lives on the scalp of humans. Some people may be allergic due to this, as it irritates their scalp and causes cell growth.
As with dandruff, the main symptoms of identification are flaky skin, but wet dandruff has it covered in excess oil. Here’s how you can identify a wet dandruff:
- White Flakes which are oily-looking
- Itchy, Scaly Scalp
- Irritated skin
Best Tips to Cure Wet Dandruff:
There are several home remedies that are useful to treat wet dandruff and some of them are as follows;
1. Apply Anti dandruff shampoos which hold salicylic acids ably scrub away the scales other than may cause dryness. Application of a good conditioner otherwise other scalp action can reinstate the moisture.
2. Confirm that you clean your hair methodically after each wash. Keep away from hair sprays otherwise hair dryers. They are liable to block the aperture of your scalp plus hair dryers are responsible for dryness, together in turn addition to your dandruff difficulty.
See More: Severe Dandruff Treatment
3. Immerse 2 tablespoons fenugreek seeds in water all night. In the sunrise crush into a fine paste. Smear all over scalp plus go away for ½ an hour. Clean with mild shampoo.
4. Make use of a brush to massage your scalp each time you shampoo your hair. The bristle of the brush helps to excite the scalp plus cleanse it more successfully. Likewise, combing your hair even while you are not shampooing, provide you positive results.
5. Beat 2 eggs plus put in 2 tablespoons of water to it. Damp the hair and smear the egg mixture above the hair. At this time, massage your scalp plus allow the mixture on for 10 minutes to 15 minutes. Then wash the hair with tepid water.
6. Massage your hairs by using lukewarm olive or sesame oil and smear it on the scalp in night. The next morning, exclude a small lime juice and wipe it on the scalp. Later than around 1 hour, clean and wash your hair with shikakai. You can also apply almond oil then dip a towel in hot water plus enfold it round the hair. Perform it 3 or 4 times while the towel gets cold.
See More: How To Stop Eyebrow Dandruff
7. Unite a dollop of lemon juice through 2 spoonfuls of vinegar in addition massage on the scalp. Wash your hair after applying any hair mask with this rinse.
8. Rub the gel of aloe vera leaves (you can also add a few drops of lemon) on scalp and leave it overnight. Wash hair the next day.
9. Combine 3 tsp cider vinegar with 3 tsp water. Get a cotton ball plus pat this mix on the scalp by cotton wool earlier than washing.
10. Smear an old curd to treat wet dandruff. You have to apply this curd on to your scalp plus hair. Clean off after 20 minutes.
Top 3 Wet Dandruff Shampoos:
1. The Body Shop Ginger Anti Dandruff Shampoo:
This is one of the best natural based shampoo from Body Shop, which is infused with the goodness of Ginger to treat flaky scalp. The refreshes and soothes your scalp to free you from symptoms of itching. It is also very gentle on hair and uses some of the best natural ingredients.
2. Head & Shoulders Cool Menthol Anti-Dandruff Shampoo:
One of the best drugstore shampoos, Head and Shoulders is proven to be effective against wet dandruff. It removes excess oil and stickiness of hair. The grease build-up on scalp is removed gently. The cool menthol infusion soothes irritated scalp and gives it a cool, refreshing feeling. This is one of the most affordable and effective anti-dandruff shampoo.
3. Sebamed Anti-Dandruff Shampoo:
This is the best wet dandruff shampoo in the market that is proven to be quite effective against oily scalp. It has a pH level of 5.5 that is safe for skin. This shampoo works by removing excess oil and is specially formulated for people with oily scalp. The active ingredients fight against the flakes and makes your scalp neat and clean.
Wet dandruff is one of the common forms of Dandruff, especially in humid weathers. Not many people are aware of this form of dandruff and ignore the condition. Prolong wet dandruff can lead to hair infections and ultimately hair loss. It is advisable to keep your scalp neat and clean. Usage of dry shampoos to get rid of oil can aggravate the condition. Always choose a good shampoo and wash with luke warm water. Do not tie up your hair when wet. A completely air dried scalp can be your first step to treating wet dandruff.