Fashion trends keep changing and vary from time to time. Women and young girls keep their fashion trends updated always. Bracelets and bangles are available in varied designs, patterns and styles. They can be expensive, fancy and stylish at the same time. These days the trend of homemade bracelets and handmade bangles are on the rise. Hence everyone is interested in updating themselves with these trendy handmade bracelets and bangles. Used bangles can be up cycled into new ones with a little bit of creativity and bit of time. The sense of satisfaction that one gets at the end of making hand making bangles is just wow. Homemade things have their own beauty and charm and if they are bangles that are handmade, then one just can’t get enough of the options one has to mix and match the bangles with the attires.
So let’s get creative and explore the ways and steps to make handmade bangles. We will have a look into making handmade bangles made by weaving yarn.
How to Make Handmade Bangles at Home:
Let we have to look how to make handmade bangles with thread and other accessories.
Making Handmade Woven Bangles:
Weaving is a trend now a days and this can be experimented in bangles. This is such a unique idea and so different when worn as a bangle. Weaving can be done in not the normal patterns but can be tried in various unique patterns on the bangle with the yarn to get a whole new look to the bangle. Bangles woven by hand and up cycled look amazing and can be teamed up with various attires like Indian or western outfits.
See More: Make Your Own Bangles
The things we require for making these handmade woven bangles are:
- Wooden bangles
- Double sided tape
- Assorted yarn
- Tapestry needle
Now we will check the process of making the handmade woven bangle:
Steps to Wrap The Bangle:
- First we have to line the insides of the bangles with as trip of double sided tape. Take care that it doesn’t peel off.
- Next, make a small ball with the coloured yarn which is the base. Ensure that the ball fits through the bangle.
- Peel a short section of the tape back and stick it firmly down the end of the yarn.
- Next, wrap the yarn around the bangle.
- Continue wrapping closely and neatly. Peel the back of the tape carefully as you go along.
- In the end, thread the needle with the remaining yarn tail and adjust to the tightly knitted yarn.
- Trim the excess yarn if any.
Steps to Weave Bangle:
- Take the colour co – ordinate contrasting yarn and thread the tapestry needle.
- Start by passing the needle under several stands of yarn on the bangle.
- Create patterns according to the design required by weaving the yarn in and out of the wrapped yarn strands in the bangle.
- Continue the pattern by slightly shifting one you reach the start again.
- For finishing, feed the yarn inside by securely wrapping the base strands.
- Trim if there is excess yarn.
These woven bangles look great if mixed and matched and worn as one big bangle. Making colour co-ordinate woven bangles for each outfit will look great when the same are teamed up. Use wooden and plastic bangles to make these lovelies.
See More: How To Prepare Silk Thread Bangles
Lovely looking colourful bangles catch everyone’s attention. If they are handmade, then even better. Let the imagination run wild and one can create an entirely new jewellery wardrobe. Handmade bangles making can be made of paper, ribbons, beads etc. and existing bangles can be refashioned using different fabrics, accessories etc. Charming and elegant bangles made with a sense of achievement will definitely shine all the way!!
See More: How To Make Thread Bangles Step By Step