Long Cardigans – Get These Latest Designs For Your Wardrobe
The name ‘cardigan’ was named after James Brudenell, who was the 7th Earl of Cardigan. He was a British army general and was responsible for leading the Charge of the Light Brigade during the Crimean War. The long black cardigan was modelled after the knitted wool waistcoat, which the British officers mainly used to wear during the war. Due to Lord Cardigan’s achievement during the war, the popularity of the garment was increased. The main invention happened when Brudenell had noticed the tails of the coat had accidentally burnt out due to the fireplace. From that day, the cardigan garment was born and was made popular. The ‘cardigan’ name is a variation of the Welsh place name, known as Ceredigion.
Importance of Long Cardigans:
The following are some of the greater known importance of the long cardigans,
- Long cardigans are very well-known garments that are used mostly during winters to keep the human body warm.
- Chunky long cardigan help in keeping up with even harsh winters as well.
- Since long floral cardigans are light in weight, they can be easily worn.
- The long net cardigan can also be used for accessorising your main clothing and therefore adding a fashion statement to your whole outfit.
What Are The Long Cardigans Features?
If you are planning to buy long cardigans, you ought to know these basic features,
- This type of long open cardigans extends the whole of your arms and covers up to your wrists.
- Thus cardigans are mostly full sleeves in length.
- This cardigans also extend below your waist and even covers all of your hips – up to the mid or two-thirds of your thighs.
- These garments are mostly worn in the winter season.
- Long cute cardigans come in numerous designs as well.
Which Age Group Women is Preferred Mostly?
There is no such age restriction on the kind of women age groups who could wear these long cardigans. Still, long cardigans look great and are mostly aimed towards women in their 20s and 30s. Due to the kind of colours and designs that are available in today’s market for long cardigans, younger women are mostly suited to wear these garments. Apart from that, long cardigans can be used as a style quotient by women of any age, without any doubt.
Top and Stylish Long Cardigans for Women in Fashion Wear:
Here are the best designs of cardigans in long length for ladies with images.
1. Long Hooded Cardigan:
This type of cardigan involves the use of a hoodie along with overall structure. The lengths of the sleeves are full. One can wear this long hooded cardigan in winters only because, during summers, it will be just unpractical. The design of this type of hooded cardigan is mostly very simple, with grey along with white coloured borders to go with the style.
- Fabrics Used: Polyester along with the minimal use of acrylic.
- Matching Outfits: Pair with sleeveless white top and blue jeans.
- Length of Cardigan: The length of this cardigan extends more than the waist and over the hips.
2. Long Sleeveless Cardigan:
Long cardigans which do not have any kind of sleeves are known as sleeveless long cardigans. These long sleeveless cardigans only have the normal length extending below the waist and almost reaching the middle part of the thighs. In this cardigan, the design is simple yet very elegant, with the use of minimalistic colours, like pale or even white as well.
- Fabrics Used: Rayon combines with a little bit of spandex, which gives it the stretch property.
- Matching Outfits: You should pair these well with long dresses or even blue jeans and white tops too.
- Length of Cardigan: The length of the cardigan extends below the thighs.
3. Long Knitted Cardigan:
If you want a comfortable yet simple looking long cardigan, then this knitted cardigan will do the job for you. These are also totally full-sleeved as always. There is no such extraordinary design on this type of cardigan, as the design and even grey colour are plain and simple.
- Fabrics Used: Acrylic along with a little bit of nylon, to give the shine.
- Matching Outfits: A white top and blue jeans combo will be perfect, or white crop top and black pants combo or a black knee-length dress.
- Length of Cardigan: The length extends below the knees.
4. Long Summer Cardigan:
If you like wearing cardigans even in the summer season, then this should be the first garment that you should have in your wardrobe. It also has full sleeves. Get a comfortable feeling with this cardigan. The design of this summer cardigan is pretty simple, with just the minimal colour palette along with optional side pockets as well.
- Fabrics Used: These are mostly made from either cotton or polyester.
- Matching Outfits: Pair up a sleeveless loosely fitted pale coloured top along with denim shorts, and you’re good to go. You can also wear full-length jeans.
- Length of Cardigan: The length of the cardigan extends up to the knees.
5. Long Cotton Cardigan:
Cotton made cardigans need no introduction since these are made from cotton and are very soft and comfortable. The sleeve length is full. The long cotton cardigan design mostly revolves around the looks of a medium-sized coat, with the folded neck area along with simple colours like black or gold.
- Fabrics Used: Main fabric that is used is cotton.
- Matching Outfits: Blue jeans and white tops go the best. One can also wear a v-neck white top, loosely fit top along with skinny blue jeans and heels.
- Length of Cardigan: This cardigan only extends up to your hips.
6. Long Belted Cardigan:
When it comes to this type of cardigan, the garment includes a belt that can be used to tie around the cardigan’s waist part. It has pockets and is full-sleeved. The design is nothing too fancy, with simple knitted patterns, along with buttons on the middle.
- Fabrics Used: These types of belted cardigan mostly use cashmere, as it can hold their shape over time.
- Matching Outfits: Black jeans or pants and white tops with this cardigan, or even white tops with black jeggings or leggings.
- Length of Cardigan: The length extends over the hips up to the middle of the thighs.
7. Long Wrap Cardigan:
This is a very unique type of cardigan, where the sides of the cardigan wrap around the person’s body like a shawl, and can even use a belt sometimes as well. It has full sleeves. Even though the design of the cardigan is pretty simple, the use of belt along with a knuckle helps in uplifting the look of the cardigan.
- Fabrics Used: These long wrap cardigans are mostly made from wool, nylon along with the addition of acrylic.
- Matching Outfits: Pale coloured v-neck sleeveless tops along with long white pants or white jeans will do as well.
- Length of Cardigan: It extends below the knees.
8. Long Boyfriend Cardigan:
If you want a classic looking cardigan that has the perfect size to go with your outfit along with full sleeves, then this should be your pick. This long cardigan look has a girly and chic look. This includes large-sized buttons, along with pockets on both sides. The colour and knitting pattern is simple.
- Fabrics Used: In this long boyfriend, cardigan acrylic fabric is used.
- Matching Outfits: Pair a white top along with jeans, combined with sneakers or heels. Sneakers look the most beautiful with this type of outfit.
- Length of Cardigan: The length of this special cardigan extends up to the hips.
9. Long Wool Cardigan:
This type of cardigan is built from nothing other than wool and therefore is ideal to be used in the winter season. The sleeves are also full-size in length. The design follows the trend of a sweater, with long stripe knitted designs, along with big buttons on the front. The neck part is also high necked as well.
- Fabrics Used: Nothing other than wool is used as a material.
- Matching Outfits: Wear black coloured jeans along with normal black tops, be it sleeved or sleeveless, can be worn.
- Length of Cardigan: The length of the long wool cardigan extends only up to the hips.
10. Long Crochet Cardigan:
This type of long crochet cardigan is a simple-looking, long-sleeved sweater type cardigan, which is waffle knitted. The colour of these long crochet cardigans can be either light or dark coloured. The design is minimal, with the use of dark and light colours, along with pockets on either side of the cardigan as well. The knitted patterns can be easily seen.
- Fabrics Used: 100% acrylic is used.
- Matching Outfits: Pair this long cardigan up with normal black dresses or black top and blue jeans combo.
- Length of Cardigan: Length of this long cardigan extends below your knees.
The Dos and Don’ts of Wearing Long Cardigans:
- Always wear ladies long cardigans with full-figured clothes, such as jeans and tops.
- If you want to wear long cardigans with dresses or skirts, and then make sure that the dress or skirt is actually knee-length, otherwise, it will not look good.
- Do not wear long cardigans with mini dresses or skirts, as your figure will look very over-sized.
- Make sure to not wear loosely fitted bottoms or pants along with long cardigans, as it might look odd and out of place.
How To Style Long Cardigans?
You can easily style your own female long cardigan with the help of these small tips:
- Long cardigans can be easily styled by using a simple handbag or a clutch bag with the whole outfit.
- A small handbag in red, blue or even teal colour will accentuate your style greatly.
- You can also style long cardigans by wearing stilettos heels with your whole outfit, as it will make your stand out from the crowd.
- Make sure the heel size is comfortable for you to walk.
It can be easily seen that buying a good long length cardigan is not at all easy. It takes a lot more research to know about the product and the ways to style it as well. There is no reason to buy a product if you do not know how to style it in the best way possible. Long cardigans are indeed great garments to have in your wardrobe and therefore it is also necessary to make the right purchase as well. This is why this article guide will help you in every direction of your buying dilemmas and aid you in getting your perfect long cardigan.