5 Types of Skin Warts and Their Causes and Removal Home Remedies
One of the most irritating skin problems that occurs more during the childhood days are warts. In simple words, it is a skin infection that is caused by a particular type of virus. Hands, face and feet are the most common places where warts can occur. It is one of the troublesome problems and one should start looking for the right treatment as soon as they gauze the crisis. Instead of medicines, it is best to adhere to some home remedies that are efficient in treatment process. To know more about the top notch home remedies for warts, this list is provided below.
How To Identify Warts and What Causes Them?
Warts are small lesions developed on the surface of your skin, which looks like bumps. These are usually harmless and benign. Warts are caused by Human Papillomavirus or HPV, which makes the skin cells grow in extra. This results in thickening of the outer skin layer, causing hard lesions on the skin. These warts generally look like small cauliflower or a blister on the skin. Warts are usually contagious and can spread through razors, bites or wounds.
What Are The Various Types Of Warts and Where Do They Grow?
There are different types of warts that grow commonly on particular spots of the body:
- Common Warts: As the name suggests, these warts can grow anywhere on the body.The usual places are toes and fingers of hands and legs, but you can see them on neck or back.
- Plantar Warts: These warts grow on the soles of the feet, but inside the skin layer, as opposed to common warts, which grow outside. Plantar Warts make a small hole in the foot area and can make walking painful.
- Flat warts: These warts are commonly grown on arms, thighs and face. They are in various colors like pink, brown or pale yellow. Flat warts have a flat surface and tiny to notice.
- Filiform Warts: These warts are of the same color as your skin and grow around the mouth lips or nose. They even appear around the neck or under the chin area.
- Periungual Warts: These are painful warts that are grown around the nails of fingers and toes. They can disable the grown of nails and cause severe discomfort.
It has the right ideas that need to be followed each day till the problem subsides. Check them out:
Best Home Remedies For Warts:
1. Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil is one of the proven herbal remedies for warts removal. This oil exhibits anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties which can reduce further growth of the warts and help in speeding up the process of wound healing. Tea Tree oil, however is not an instant remedy for removing warts. It may take upto a few months for the warts to drop off. However, it is better than using heat or chemicals to eliminate them
How To Use:
- Take a few drops of Tea tree oil on a cotton pad
- Apply this on the warts twice daily
- User Guidelines:
- Dilute concentrated Tea tree oil in Carrier Oil
- Never take Tea tree oil internally. Pregnant woman must avoid this, as Tea tree oil can cause hormonal imbalance.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the tried and tested wart removal remedies. It helps by killing the bacteria and virus due to the presence of acetic acid in the vinegar. This acid slowly starts destroying the root of your wart and make it fall off your skin. ACV also helps in boosting your immune system and making your body ward of future warts. ACV treatment is fairly simple, yet effective.
How To Use:
- Dilute 2 tbsp of ACV in 1 tbsp of Water
- Soak a cotton ball in this mixture
- Apply this on the warts and tie a bandage
- Leave it overnight
- You can remove the warts on legs and feet by soaking them in a tub of ACV solution
- ACV must always be diluted in water, else it can cause blisters
3. Duct Tape:
Duct tape is one the widely used Skin warts removal home remedy. While this remedy doesn’t work for everyone, it still works in many causes. Duct tape helps in getting rid of Warts by applying a strong duct tape on your wart and remove them every 5-6 days. This treatment helps by softening the warts and getting them out of the skin. Some people also use Salicylic acid on the warts to get them out quickly.
How To Use:
- Cut a small piece of Duct tape and stick it on the warts
- After 5-6 days, remove the tape and file it with a pumice stone
- You can even soak the area in warm water to soften the area
- Repeat this procedure until you see the results.
- This might work for smaller warts. Larger warts might take time to come out.
- You should avoid using this method for warts on genitals, underarms and mucus
4. Banana Peel:
Banana peels are very effective in getting rid of warts naturally. While not much research has happened on the reason how Banana peels can remove warts, but it is believed that the high potassium content in Banana peels is what causes the warts to go away. Regular usage of Banana peels on the warts burns them layer by layer, but does no harm to the skin around it. Unlike chemical treatments, which damage the surrounding tissues also, Banana peels are quite safe.
How To Use:
- Take the peel of a ripe banana and cut a small square
- Cover the wart completely with this banana peel and place a duct tape on it
- Leave it overnight and remove the peel the next morning
- Repeat this procedure until symptoms subside.
- You can add a few drops of tea tree oil the peel to speed up the results.
- Green banana peel is not recommended for this treatment. The banana must be yellow and ripe.
5. Baking Soda:
Baking Soda helps in getting rid of warts by destroying the Virus that causes it. Also baking soda softens the area and also prevents further infections from virus which causes Warts. Baking soda is also a perfect cleanser for skin, which can help in removing even unwanted hair. Using a paste of baking soda on the affected areas can soften the part and get the wart to off on its own. Baking soda is one of the best wart cures home remedy solutions.
How To Use:
- Mix a tbsp of Vinegar in 1 tbsp of Baking Soda
- Apply this paste on the warts
- Leave it for a couple of hours and wash off
- Use this treatment twice daily for faster results.
- Baking soda can be quite strong on skin. Make sure it doesn’t affect the tissues around the wart.
Additional Home Remedies for Warts:
- Lemon Use: Lemon can help in the detoxification of the tissues and thus remove the virus that is causing the skin problem. Take some organic lemon juice and apply it on the affected areas to get the best outcomes and to treat the warts in a couple of days.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera has soothing properties and helps in anti bacterial properties for the skin. For treating the warts take freshly extracted gel or the juice from the plant and freeze it for a while before applying it. This should be done 2-3 times in a day till the crisis subsides completely.
- Orange Peel: An easy home remedy for wart treatment is to rub it with orange peel. It will slowly change the colour of the wart to orange and help it treat in about 2-3 weeks time. It is a good way to ensure the right cure.
- Witch Hazel: One of the most commonly used home remedial products for warts is witch hazel. Take some of the liquid on a clean cotton ball and then apply it directly on the warts. After a few minutes this should be washed with water. Follow it daily for best results.
- Potatoes: Take a freshly cut potato and rub the white part of the vegetable on the warts each day. This should be done 4-5 times in a day and followed for a couple of weeks for complete cure. It is one of the easiest and the most accessible ways of treating warts and in a 100 percent safe manner. Make sure you do not stop the cure in between for treating the warts from the roots. Try it out to see the benefits.
- Apples: An apple a day also keeps warts away but the apple should not be eaten away in this case. Apple is a very good home remedy for warts and you can simply cut a slice from a fresh apple, first rub a little on the effective area very gently and then simply cover the wart with a slice. Now fix it like that with a duct tape.
- Nail Polish: Well yes nail polish can also cure warts because it is a very effective warts home remedy. You will have to take some amount of good nail polish and apply it on the wart area and cover the wart nicely. Let the nail color dry there and then apply again as and when needed till the wart is completely cured.
- Toothpaste: Toothpaste is anyway known to have anti- inflammatory contents and thus is one of the very effective home remedies for warts on face or neck or hand. There is nothing difficult in using this also because toothpaste is something which we all have as a necessity in our lives and you will just have to apply it on the wart area thickly and then cover the part with a band aid.
- Aspirin: For this home remedy for warts you will need some olive oil and aspirin tablets. You have to first rub the area with olive oil and then place an aspirin tablet on the top and cover with a band aid or simply crush aspirin tablets and then make a paste of it and then apply on the area.
- Banana: Various parts of the banana are useful as remedial measures for warts and we are here to discuss two of the most important today. We are talking about the banana skin and a simple banana slice. For burning warts you can cut a piece from a banana peel and then place it on the wart with the white side down and then cover with a band aid. Next you can take a slice of a banana and just rub it on the wart.
- Eggplant: Also known as brinjal and baby aubergines, eggplants are great natural home remedies for warts and also very useful and effective on people with sensitive skin especially children. Just cut a slice of an eggplant with a size of a little more than the wart and now place it on the area. Cover with a tape or band aid and keep it like that till the eggplant slice is changed.
- Onion: Onions are very effective when you are irritated with a wart on your body. You can just take a slice of an onion and keep rubbing very gently on the area. You can also sprinkle some salt on the slice a little before applying. Another way to apply onion is by first drizzling lemon juice on the wart area and then fixing the onion slice over the affected part and covering with a ban aid plaster for a day and repeat again the next day.
- Simple Band Aids: Band aids and other plasters and bandages are also warts removal house remedy measures. This is interesting because you can actually get rid of warts without any medicine at all though it may take a little more time comparatively. You will just have to wrap the area with a band aid very tightly and then keep it like that till the wart comes up and then remove the ban aid and apply some mark removal lotion.
- Carrots: The combination and carrots and olive oil works as wonder for warts and also for any other kind of boils. What you will have to do is just take a carrot and grate it nicely and finely till it is converted into a semi- paste consistency. Now just mix it with some olive oil till thick and now apply on the affected area at least twice a day.
- Pineapple: It is assumed that the bromelain content in a pine apple is what helps in curing warts and it is extremely effective too. You have to again take a slice of a pine apply just a little bigger than the wart area itself and then cover with a duct tape to secure the position of the pineapple slice and do this every day thrice.
- Vegetable Oil: This is one ingredient that you can easily find in any kitchen because there is not a single family in the world which does not use some kind of vegetable oil in the kitchen so you do not have to spend anything extra to obtain the oils. Now to cure the warts you just have to take a little white oil and then dab it on the affected area a little bit and kept it resting.
- Dandelions: Dandelions are very pretty flowers which have cotton and soft thorn like petals and they will simply fly away just as you give them a blow. The stem just remains in your hand. Now there is an amount of natural milk in the stem of each dandelion and you can take out this milk and simply do it on the warts area to get very quick relief. The only thing is that you just have to repeat this method twice or thrice every day.
- Hot Water: Yes here we are talking about absolutely hot water which you cannot drink at all. Take a bowl of such water and you can also add a little vinegar to this. Now soak your finger directly or a cotton ball if the warts area cannot be soaked directly and then let the water turn lukewarm just like that.
- Scrubbing: Though heavy scrubbing is not at all recommended on warts area we are talking about gentle scrubbing when you feel the warts is becoming a little hard. It is more like exfoliating the area rather than harsh rubbing. Get a mild and frothy soap and then scrub the area nicely just once a day and just for a few seconds that too.
Top Tips To Help You Stay Wart-Free !
These tips can help you treat embarrassing warts:
- Topical Iodine works on the warts by eliminating them from the root and never let them come back. Apply Iodine directly on the warts and leave on overnight.
- Nail Polish is another uncommon way of getting rid of warts. You need to apply nail polish on the warts and cover it with a band-aid. Repeating this procedure everyday can help you get rid of warts.
- Castor oil is another natural remedy for warts. Making a paste of Castor oil and baking soda can eliminate warts quickly.
- Garlic, the pungent smelling herb kills the virus and never lets them come back. You can dab a garlic clove on the warts and leave on overnight.
- Thuja tincture is an effective homeopathic remedy to get rid of warts. Apply the tincture directly on affected areas.
Warts can be really painful at times and just as said earlier more than medicines these home remedy for warts are more effective and easier to follow as well.
Originally posted 2020-08-06 11:56:58.