35 Weeks Pregnant? Know The Important Symptoms, Tips And More
Yay! 35 weeks pregnant though! You are almost there! Now, your baby has very few days left inside the womb. And ,now it is almost ready for life outside in the real world. They’ll probably weigh around 5.5lbs in the 35th week and will be around 46.2cm (18 inches) in length.
They will be doing lots of practice with suckling movements. And, is ready to latch on for that very first post-birth feed. Will be starting to move further down your pelvis prepared for the D-day.
The baby as the days roll by requires a constant monitoring and therefore the entire of the nine month pregnancy process is separated into a weekly format where in medical terms 40 weeks make up the entire pregnancy process. This is why by the 35th week you know you are already edging towards the final day.
Table of content:
- Months And Trimester Indicating 35 Weeks Of Pregnancy
- Facts To Know About Your Baby Movements
- 35 Weeks Pregnant Symptoms
- Physical and Psychological Changes
- 35 Weeks Pregnant Baby Size And Weight
- Baby & Belly Looks Like In 35 Weeks Pregnant
- Baby Positioning During 35 Weeks Of Pregnancy
- Week Diet and Exercise
- 35 weeks pregnant Weight Gain
- Sex During This Week
- Week Tips and Precautions for 35 Weeks Pregnancy
- Changes In Pregnant Lady
- Medical Tests And Scan During 35 Weeks Of Pregnancy
- What Are The Precautions To Take During 35 Weeks Of Pregnancy?
- Thirty Five Weeks Possible Pregnancy Problems
- First Time Pregnancy After Age 35
- Checklists During 35 weeks pregnant
- 35 Weeks Pregnant Pain And Discomforts
Months And Trimester Indicating 35 Weeks Of Pregnancy Fetus:
In the final stage, i.e., the third trimester of your pregnancy. Your baby is expected to move a lot, and the movements will become more and more evident to you. As your transition from your 7th month to 8th, your baby will be 14 inches long and weigh around 1 kg. And, it will respond to stimuli, including sound, pain, and light. Which means that if you sing a lullaby, your baby will hear you. Your diet would have worked if your baby is keeping good all this time. The balanced diet always works, that is what you need the right amount of folic acid, protein and choline to give nutrients and rich vitamins to your baby’s health. Do continue to follow for the next five weeks as well.
Back to TOC
See More: 32 Weeks Pregnant Fetal Development
Facts To Know About Your Baby Movements:
- Your baby might have got engaged by now, and by now it might have moved down your pelvis. The breathlessness that you would have been feeling will now ease. This phenomenon is called “lightening.”
- Your baby will be weighing around 5 pounds this week, and it will be about 18 inches in length.
- Baby looks almost similar to a newborn now as it has developed all his body parts. Although they will gain a little more weight by the time you give birth to them.
- Your baby is gaining nearly half a pound every week.
Back to TOC
35 Weeks Pregnant Symptoms:
No longer do you have to wait for the baby names to pile in. For pregnant women at 35 weeks, you can have the ultrasound and know whether you are hosting a baby boy or a baby girl. The fetus in your womb growing by this week would inevitably develop and mature her sex organs by now. Even though the process started way back, by the end of this week, it would perfect them.
In case of a boy, the development of your fetus’ scrotum has developed to the fullest. And now the testicles are almost there just sliding down and waiting for it to drop down.
In case of a baby girl, her genitals would mature soon with the outer labia lips growing. You will be surprised to know she already has storage of seven billion primitive eggs. The count would then go down to two as she is born.
Well, how you involuntarily yawn when you are sleepy and how you blink when sun rays fall directly on your eyes. Well, no one taught that to you, and the same is the case for your wee baby. By the time you are somewhat around 35 weeks pregnant, you will notice your baby’s e little heart showing specific common reflex. The first starting is with hiccups, which are slow and gradual and can be felt by the mother. Once again, neither of them is having any problem. The next reflex is yawning followed by sleeping, which is when if you are lucky enough, you can catch him sleeping in his favourite position.
Get the Flabs:
Initially, when the baby started growing, it was nothing but a skeletal structure. With time he grew up more and more and now by the end of this week he would be filled with chubby cheeks and flabby arms. Slowly as the vernix caseosa, the soft cheese like substance covering his body starts to melt away the fat layers deposit underneath and therefore your baby by the end of this week would be healthy and flabby. He is growing on more and more weight with time and now weighs a little over 5 pounds.
All this while, the baby has been listening to you talk, listening to your favourite jam and assessing the world around you. So now by the end of the 35th week, you would realize that your baby now has familiarized itself with those specific voices and has started responding to it. You can use your voice to trigger her movements in the ultrasound. Also, her sensitivity to light develops. Which is why if you shine a light to her face above the stomach, it will make her squirm or look away. She might respond to you with a subtle kick or punch.
The baby will be measured as soon as it arrives. Proper measurement of the baby is always required as it will determine his or her life. At the 35 weeks, the baby will weight around 2.4 kilograms and will be approximately 46 cm (from head to toe). This is the primary measurement of the baby, and if it is more than this, then there will be some issues with the birth procedure.
Compared to the rest of the weeks, there will be less amniotic fluids, and there will be more portion of the baby in the uterus. Which means that you are slowly heading to the final week and will be giving birth a few days later.
Along with the baby, the mother too suffers some changes. The 40-week frame is divided into three trimesters. Wherein the first trimester the beginning of the process is marked with discomfort. Which slowly eases in the second trimester. The third trimester then sees the baby and the mother again facing the problems.
With the baby grows more and more you can pretty well imagine the baby pushing and kicking stuff out of the way to make space for her. During such process, the baby pushes up the stomach contents that shelter the muscular stomach bag. With the area for the bag decreasing, the functions are affected too as the stomach bag now feels the lack of space to process the food. This may be a rising cause for your severe indigestion.
See More: Psychological Changes in 36 Weeks Pregnant
Frequent Bathroom Breaks:
The need for the bathroom break increases as the baby now puts a whole lot more pressure on the lower abdomen where the urinary bladder is. On a typical day, without being pregnant, the woman can let the urine pool in till it fills and then releases. With the baby passing her urine and the excess pressure she’s creating, the mother now loses the ability to hold in urine and thus the frequent bathroom breaks of the first trimester are now back.
Mask of Pregnancy:
By now, you would notice the mask for pregnancy becoming more and more evident. With time the baby now grows up and with him the other problems too. The acnes of your teenage years now again haunt you along with the patches and freckles that grow with every single day. However, do not be upset about it since your pregnancy days come to an end, so will your patches and blemishes.
At around this time, the Braxton Hick’s labour would knock off at a steady speed with the intervals increasing. These are mock contractions that your body practices and as a part of this involuntary demo, you have to adjust to the discomfort and get a firsthand experience of what it’s going to be like. This is just a wakeup call for your body to keep getting into practice for the upcoming action ahead.
Back to TOC
Physical and Psychological Changes in 35 Weeks Pregnant:
- The most common changes which occur during the pregnancy period are complicated to hide from the outside world. The fetus grows slowly, so does the abdomen of the mother. This growth is taken into consideration from the 4th month pregnancy for most women, and after that, your belly keeps on growing. The growth of your fetus inside the abdomen creates physical changes in the interior of the body as well.
- This growth causes the organs of the mother’s body to adjust to a small space. This adjustment leads to reduced appetite, and hence increases the need to urinate, and decreases lung capacity and causes lower back pain as well, as the baby load on the back increases. The blood of the mother also feeds the baby.
- While the hormonal changes that occur in the body are often thought to be the cause of many emotional changes, there is some substantial reason why the pregnant moms go through this traumatic phase and may feel a bit under the weather during and after the pregnancy.
- Dealing with the emotional changes during pregnancy includes conditions like the possibility of postpartum depression is something the obstetrician is familiar with.
- Other emotional changes during pregnancy include the feeling of being uncomfortable with having a baby, feeling anxious about caring for the newborn and there may even be some negative emotions about the baby from time to time like how you are going to raise your child, in case you are a single mother or how are you going to cope with your post-partum body and other such issues and moreover, sleep deprivation also tends to take its toll on the new mother and father. These emotional changes are also widespread and should be discussed with the obstetrician.
Back to TOC
See More: 33 Weeks Pregnant Baby Weight
35 Weeks Pregnant Baby Size And Weight:
In the 35th week, your baby looks almost like a little newborn infant – and now it’s only a few weeks until you can meet your little one! Your baby has very few weeks left inside your womb, and they are now almost ready for life outside the womb! They’ll probably weigh around 5.5lbs (5 pounds) in this week and will be around 46.2cm (18 inches) in length.
Back to TOC
Baby & Belly Looks Like In 35 Weeks Pregnant:
After 35 weeks of pregnancy, the baby is as big as a pineapple. It measures about 18 inches from head to heel. Now onwards, he or she won’t get much longer but will keep gaining weight. Your fetus now weighs about 5 pounds and is likely to put on a pound or more of baby fat before you give birth to him or her.
Back to TOC
Baby Positioning During 35 Weeks Of Pregnancy:
The position of baby refers to the baby’s placement in your uterus. Whether your baby is facing right or left in your womb or is headfirst or feet first. Your baby floats in your belly and changes its positions often throughout early and mid-pregnancy. The types of 35-week pregnancy baby positions are:
- Head-first position is called the vertex position.
- Feet-first position is known as the breech position.
- Lying-sideways position is called a transverse view.
Back to TOC
Week Diet and Exercise:
What to eat ?
Proper diet is required at this time of pregnancy. After all, what you eat the baby will be provided with that. The baby is delicate and will go through specific changes, while it is tucked inside your belly. Thus, one of the most important things during this time is the diet that will allow you to keep in track with the upcoming changes. The food is a big part, so let’s discuss it a bit. Eating Well Is The Trick Here.
Rich and Fatty Foods:
If you are suffering from indigestion problems, a stomach infection, etc., then stop having appetizers with chocolate and also stop eating rich and fatty foods. Some spicy foods do not help and thus except certain spices, avoid the rest or you can get sick with indigestion, acidity, heartburn, etc. and that won’t be nice, especially during this 35th-week pregnant diet.
Proper intake of vitamin K during the 35th period is required. If you are willing to stay healthy, then take green leafy vegetables that come with vitamin K and one of them is Cauliflower. There are other vitamin-K rich foods such as broccoli, cabbage, green beans, etc.
This is another awesome thing that will keep you healthy. Soya bean comes with proper proportions of vitamin K, and that will be helpful for you. If you don’t want to suffer from indigestion and still have some healthy stuff, then taken. They are:
Exercise in 35 weeks of pregnancy:
The increasing weight is one of the problems that irritate those women, especially those who live a healthy lifestyle. They will have to deal with it now. But, you can still stay fit and agile by eating healthy foods and doing low-intensity walks in the morning. Walking always helps in keeping the body healthy and the mind active.
Back to TOC
35 weeks pregnant Weight Gain:
Weight gain can be a real concern for the pregnant woman. Besides, the extra weight of the baby, most women seem to put on some extra pounds during pregnancy and having excessive amounts of healthy foods can be termed to be responsible for this. If you are having some severe meal issues, then try to cut the cheat meals as you are having some unhealthy kinds of stuff sometimes as well since no one can eat healthy foods straight for many weeks.
If you are having problems arranging your diet routine, then consult an expert. Sometimes such excess weight gain issues may arise, due to less exercise. Even when you are pregnant, you should try to stay fit as much as possible. You only will have to carry your excess pounds and no one else will. Staying hydrated also assists in staying fit and reducing foods. Eating small meals within lesser time intervals trick also helps with maintaining the right weight during pregnancy
One of the most common symptoms of pregnancy is sore breasts. If you are dealing with tender breast and breast pain, there beside consulting an expert (doctor), there is nothing much that you can do.
On the other hand, some things do not have that kind of long-lasting relief. But you can try them.
Back to TOC
Sex During This Week:
You surely can indulge in some sexual activities this week. During this week, sex is OK, and unless and until you make it quite intense, you can surely have some sex. Indulging in some lovemaking won’t hurt the baby, and there is always room for some new tricks that can lighten up the woman. All men should consider this is an exceptional opportunity to please their loving wife during this time, as they have been going through a lot for the past weeks. All said and done, you are almost there and so just be gentle and careful as sometimes a rough sexual activity may result in premature labour.
Back to TOC
Week Tips and Precautions for 35 Weeks Pregnancy:
- You would want to remain upright and keep your body in a leaning forward position but don’t bend so much that you’ll fall. This will reduce severe pressure that allows the baby’s head to automatically and smoothly move down the cervix.
- You will be tested with the presence of some dangerous bacteria during this time, and this is a severe precaution. This bacterium can be passed on to the baby, and you should get rid of it by taking some medication after getting diagnosed with it for 35-week pregnancy guide.
- If you are experiencing some changes, then some points will not make you feel alone. As a lot of women will be facing them and info regarding how to overcome are also provided here.
Back to TOC
Changes In Pregnant Lady:
During the third trimester, you would be feeling excited and impatient to meet your baby finally. Meanwhile, your body is going through tremendous physical changes. Here, we have listed some of them:
- Stretch marks on abdomen, thighs, and breasts.
- Dry and itchy skin.
- Muscle cramps in legs, especially at night.
- Heat burn.
- Shortness of breath.
During your third trimester, you may have feelings of doubt or fear about labour. You should talk to your health care advisor about your concerns and plans for work. Also, you should try attending prenatal classes and developing a birth plan and also learning about labour and birth, so you know your options will help ease those feelings as well.
Back to TOC
Medical Tests And Scan During 35 Weeks Of Pregnancy:
During this week of pregnancy, your doctor will probably test you for group B strep to make sure that your baby is not at all exposed to it. For this test, they’ll swab your rectum and vagina, and then they’ll examine the swabs for the bacteria. If the test results are positive, then you’ll be given antibiotics before your delivery to make sure that your baby isn’t exposed to group B strep.
Back to TOC
What Are The Precautions To Take During 35 Weeks Of Pregnancy?
Many pregnant moms have questions related to the pain at their backs because of the pregnancy hormones. But we should know that it is normal, so while you are discussing to find the perfect name on which you both agree, you can ask your partner for a message. Make sure you always keep a heating pad or an ice pad ready. Here we have listed some dos and don’ts during pregnancy, which will help you and your baby to stay healthy and safe:
- Eat a healthy diet during the pregnancy period, including fruits, vegetables, pulses, whole grains, nuts, legumes, and lean meats.
- Drink enough amount of water to stay hydrated and to support the baby inside you.
- Take your folic acid and iron supplements regularly. Consult with your doctor properly before you decide to take any nutrient supplements.
- Always consult your doctor before you start or stop any medicine. Intake of any drug/ nutrition supplements or herbal medications without prescription can be harmful to you and your baby.
- Try to stay active and follow regular exercises which keep you fit. It may also improve your ability to cope up with the labour pain.
- You must ensure that you get a sound sleep for at least 7 to 9 hours every night. You should try to make a habit of resting on your left side as it is known to be helpful for blood flow and prevent swelling.
- Mothers-to-be should avoid smoking, drinking alcohol and taking illegal drugs as it is to the health of the baby.
Back to TOC
Thirty Five Weeks Possible Pregnancy Problems:
Several factors can make pregnancy highly risky, including certain existing health conditions, like the mother’s age, lifestyle, and health issues that happen before or during pregnancy. Some of the facts are listed below:
Existing health conditions like
- High blood pressure
- Obesity etc.
- Young age.
Pregnant teens have a high probability of developing pregnancy-related problems such as high blood pressure and anaemia which is a severe disease caused due to lack of healthy red blood cells in the blood, and they might even have to go through early labour and delivery than women who are older.
Back to TOC
First Time Pregnancy After Age 35.
Most of the older first-time mothers have healthy pregnancies, but researches show that older women are at very high risk for specific problems than younger women. Some of them are listed below:
- Pregnancy-related high blood pressure which is called gestational hypertension.
- Pregnancy-related diabetes which is called gestational diabetes.
- Prolonged labour, which can last more than 20 hours!
- Might have to do cesarean (surgical) delivery.
- Ectopic pregnancy is that condition in which the embryo attaches itself outside the uterus, this condition can be life-threatening for both, mother and the baby.
- Delivery complications, such as excessive bleeding might happen.
- Genetic disorders, such as Down syndrome, in the baby.
Alcohol usage– Taking alcohol during the period of pregnancy can increase the baby’s risk and can result in fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
Tobacco usage– Smoking during the period of pregnancy puts the fetus at risk and can result in specific congenital disabilities, preterm birth, and sudden infant death syndrome.
Drug usage– Researches show that smoking marijuana or taking drugs during the period of pregnancy might also harm the fetus and affect the health of the infant.
Back to TOC
Checklists During 35 weeks pregnant:
Things to do at 35 weeks Pregnant are:
- Buy yourself a baby book.
- Review your baby registry checklist to see what items you still need to purchase before baby’s birth.
- If you have planned to try breastfeeding, then try to get the number of a recommended lactation consultant.
Back to TOC
See More: 37th Week Of Pregnancy Care
35 Weeks Pregnant Pain And Discomforts:
Some people may feel very tired, mainly because of the Braxton-Hicks contractions which continue at a higher frequency and your body and joints, especially, are more exhausted. Other women report feeling a little burst of energy at 35th week and may be motivated to handle their last few days ahead of baby’s birth date.
Back to TOC
So, now that you have a 35 week pregnant baby residing comfortably inside your womb. And, it has very less time left to spend inside your womb before it creates its own identity in this world. There are a lot of do’s and don’ts which we have listed down in this article so that you can take care of yourself and your baby in a proper manner. Take care of your health first, and we hope you have a healthy and cheerful baby!