While there are several popular hairstyle variants, the side bun and bun variants are forever known for their vintage vibe, fashionable and elegant look. These new variants of side bun hairstyles are what we present to you in this article. They come in different types suitable to different kind of tastes and preferences along with suiting for different women. All you need are these easy side bun hairstyles to seize in the day when nothing goes right.
Continue reading to check out these simple side bun hairstyle ideas. Here be it for a party, office look, college look, or casual outings with friends. All we need are these cute side bun hairstyles for making our day right.
15 Most Popular and Latest Side Bun Hairstyles:
This article will give you a list of best and beautiful side bun hairstyles along with its photos that makes you look more alluring.
1. The Simpleton Side Bun:
These messy side bun hairstyles are an absolute delight and one among our top favourites. This looks so cute and pretty, simple yet elegant. The messy look is a new style, and it is quite easy to create and carry effortlessly. She is a plain Jane who refuses to use up her time on hair fixes and for her here is the perfect hair tip for a hot summer day. Side bun hairstyles are the fashion talk right now for the summer season. Here is how you do it.
How to Do:
- First, gather all your hair together.
- Comb it thoroughly with wide-toothed comb.
- Gather all the hair and tie the hair with only half of the hair taken.
- Make a half-bun with the hair.
- Now get all the loose locks left behind and gather around the bun.
- Add volume to the look by teasing it a bit.
- Matching Dress: Pair it with a casual top and jeans.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is the best season to try this out.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s can rock this look.
- Perfect Occasion: This style is best for outings and gatherings with friends.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This best suits oval and diamond-shaped face and any wavy or curly hair.
2. The Tuck-in Side Bun:
This twisted side bun is a new style gaining popularity. It is quite versatile in giving an elegant vibe. This look gives the feel of a princess with hair accessories attached to it. This side bun hairstyle is very easy to make and suitable for all family parties. The young girl in this picture is seen sporting this look with such a sweet smile and can carry off this hairdo. It is easy to do and maintain this updo, and you can do it yourself without help. How to make side bun here? Here it is,
How to Do:
- Comb hair well.
- You would need a headband for the look, so keep it ready.
- Tuck your hair inside the band starting from the side.
- It becomes like a bun to see from the outside in a rolled-up way.
- Get loose front locks on the side.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this for young women below 30.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this hairstyle for family gatherings.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is a good choice for this style.
- Matching Dress: Suit this with ethnic wear and traditional dress.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This style is best for oval and diamond-shaped face and any hair type.
3. The Braid Infused Side Bun:
This is yet another simple and easy side bun hairstyles for a wedding idea. And this is quite easy to do and not as difficult as you may think. It is filled with intrinsic designs looks elegant. It is perfectly suitable for several occasions. All you need is some patience and help in between to succeed with style.
How to Do:
- Here is how to do side bun hairstyle step by step.
- First, comb the hair thoroughly.
- Braid the hair diagonally from one side.
- Get the braid to another side of head diagonally and finish until the end.
- Roll the hair now all over. Tie into a bun with pins.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for family festivities.
- Matching Dress: Sarees are a good option for this style.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a nice choice to try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s and 30s can work on this style well.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Women with oval-shaped face and all hair types can try this out.
4. The Wrap in:
To get this look start by gathering your hair, leaving the front two chunks of lock-free. Go ahead with the normal procedure for a bun and once it is finished, take the front locks from both sides and wrap them and pin them to complete the look. This is one of the simple slow side bun hairstyles for medium length hair, which can be useful for your parties and functions.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this on women in their 20s.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is the best choice for this style.
- Perfect Occasion: This style is best for festivities or even parties.
- Matching Dress: This can be paired with either ethnic wear or a full gown.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Women with all face shapes and hair types can try this one out.
5. The Bouffant Side Bun:
For this look of hairstyle prom side bun, you need to know the art of teasing. A bump it or a hair buffer would do well too. Start by parting your hair and fixing your locks and then bump up the hair from the crown. Once it is done, slowly gather the rest into a low hanging side bun. The hair does not need to be perfect and compact here.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to try this style out.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this one for dance nights and parties.
- Matching Dress: This style is best with knee-length dresses.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early 20s can rock this look.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Women with oval or a diamond-shaped face and curly and wavy hair can try this out.
6. The Lower Braid Side Bun:
This is the easiest side bun with bangs style. This is for girls who love the messy look and yet want to make it look cuter. This also is similar to the French style of braiding from the lower end taking all the hair together at the side to make into a bun. Although this style looks quite messy, it is cute and pretty for young girls. This is best for making an impression of everyday events.
- Perfect Occasion: This is best for college events and fests.
- Matching Dress: Try this style with casual jeans and tops.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good choice for this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this style for women in their early20s.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Women with any face shape and hair type can try this out.
7. The Wave Head:
This loose side bun updo is popular among young girls given the way it is filled with intricate details and designs. This style is quite filled with wavy side hair and is intense to look at. The vibe is quite a vintage one and is versatile to suit several occasions and looks on hand. Once the hair is set, it creates intense waves around the lower portion of the hair to a solid bun. This can be made compact. Now gather the loose ends individually and pin it up.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s can rock the look.
- Matching Dress: This is best suited to long grand dress.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to try this one out.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for festivities and celebrations in the family.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Women with oval, diamond and round face with wavy hair can best suit this look.
See More: Cute and Easy Hairstyles
8. The Hot Messy Side Bun Hairstyle:
Just like the bed head looks, the side bun updo has always been a messed-up scene, and here we know exactly why. The side bun, when messed up adds volume to the hair and beauty to the look and based on that, throw your hair into a pile and then mess it out a bit before you secure it in a bun. Make sure some locks are hanging around here and there to complete the look.
- Best Season to Try: Try this for the summer season.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s can totally like this look.
- Matching Dress: Pair it with a long gown to make this look trendier.
- Perfect Occasion: In case of a fashion event or night party, you can try this one out.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: If you have a diamond, oval or square-shaped face, this suits you well.
See More: Spiky Hairstyles for Women
9. The Upper Braid Along With Side Bun:
This curly side bun is all that you need to make it more stylish and trendier at night parties. This side bun is inspired by the French hairstyle braid and is tied around with braided knots. All you need to do is follow the style of the French braid first and end it with rolling it around from nape of the neck. This style is best-loved by women who love to set a vibe and make a great first impression. This is quite comfortable and however has a vintage vibe attached to it as well.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style in summer.
- Perfect Occasion: This style is best for wedding festivities.
- Matching Dress: Try this with ethnic lehengas or full dresses.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s and early 30s can try this look.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: This suits oval face and diamond-shaped face with curly hair.
10. The Loose Bun Blonde Hairstyle:
Looking for an awesome side bun hairstyle for short hair that will make you feel comfortable and make you look stylish at the same time, then this is the right look for you. This is probably one of the finest side bun hairstyles of women with blonde hair. This bun hairstyle will be suitable for women heading to parties which is more alluring with traditional Indian sarees. The pattern this hairstyle sports in the bun is something that will be suitable for women with long and voluminous hair. The haircut will go hand in hand with elegant ethnic wear, and you can sport this look at parties and other similar places.
- Matching Dress: Pair this look with a long gown.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go with this style.
- Perfect Occasion: This style best suits night time parties and events.
- Ideal Age Group: If you are in your 30s you can totally rock this style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Women with any face shape and wavy hair should try this style out.
11. The Heavy Bun Hairstyle for Women with Brown Hair:
Here is an awesome side bun hairstyle for medium hair for women with brown hair. If you are willing to look your best anywhere you go, then this hairstyle will definitely make you look like the most beautiful woman. The style is so alluring that all eyes will be on you when you carry this look effectively. If you are in need of a good bun hairstyle, then wear this.
- Best Season to Try: Any season can suit this style well.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 30s can try this style out.
- Matching Dress: Try wearing ethnic wear or sarees with this style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try with an oval face and straight hair texture here.
- Perfect Occasion: This is a pretty good bridal hairstyle and is often carried by beautiful women for wedding ceremonies.
See More: Choose a Hairstyle for Women
12. The Blonde Highlighted Right Rear Bun Hairstyle:
This is a bit different from the ones you have seen before. The allure from this side bun hairstyle for long hair comes with is so amazing that you will be willing to carry this style as soon as you take a look at it. The hairstyle has been rated as one of the finest looks for women with naturally blonde hair, and then this will be one of the best looks for you. This season, carry this awesome side bun at special events to get all the eyes on you.
- Matching Dress: Pair it with western wear.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in 30s and 40s can try this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for night parties and fashion events.
- Best Season to Try: Winter and monsoon is a good choice for the style.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Women with oval and diamond-shaped face with all hair types can try this out.
13. The Bridesmaids Side Bun Hairstyle:
Are they going to attend a wedding as one of the bridesmaids? Here is something that will offer you equal attention as the bride. The grey and white colour combined side bun hairstyle are one of the best ones among bun hairstyles. The bun looks a bit messy, but it comes with an infinite allure that it will make any bridesmaid get equal attention, especially because of her hairstyle. Women will be jealous of you when you are carrying off this hairstyle.
- Best Season to Try: Any season can suit this style.
- Matching Dress: Wear it with a long gown for wedding events.
- Perfect Occasion: This is an ideal bridesmaid’s hairstyle with a side bun.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s and early 30s can try this style out.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: All face and hair types can totally rock the look.
14. The Wedding Blonde Bun Hairstyle:
If you have fine quality hair of blonde colour, then there is nothing better than this flower side bun hairstyle. It is intended for fine quality hair and will make a woman look more alluring than she can think of. A headband will make this hairstyle even more suitable for the female with blonde hair, and it will complete the bridal hair look. In the recent times, a lot of bridal side bun hairstyles have been coming up, and among them, this one is considered to be the most successful for styling a blonde bride on her wedding day, by most women.
- Best Season to Try: Try this during summer.
- Matching Dress: Wear it with a knee-length dress.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s can style this well.
- Perfect Occasion: This style suits any night dinner times or date nights.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Women with an oval face and wavy hair can try this style.
15. The Twisted Bun Hairstyle:
Here is another side hair bun, which will also be suitable for fine quality hair. This is one of the best classy side bun hairstyles for women with hair similar to the Hollywood beauty sporting in the picture above. Her hair looks absolutely ravishing, mostly because of the twisted bun done on the back. If you are in need of a hairstyle that will differentiate you from others, then this might be just the thing for you.
- Matching Dress: This is best with a knee-length dress.
- Best Season to Try: This style is suited for all seasons.
- Ideal Age Group: This style suits women in their middle age as well.
- Suitable Face and Hair Type: Try this with all face types and wavy hair.
- Perfect Occasion: Night parties and formal event gatherings are good to go with this look.
- Side buns mostly need pins and elastics to bind them well. They may damage hair if they are too tight, hence change style once the event is over.
- Apply good hair spray, in the end, to make sure style stays in place for long.
- Add hair accessories. Side buns always have an advantage where different types of hair accessories can be added to make it look prettier.
Hope you enjoyed reading the article on side bun hairstyle. They are well suited to women of all age groups, occasions and different individuals. This style caters to variant preferences and is in trend always. Try out these styles and tell us how you like them.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Do side bun styles suit women below 20 years?
Ans: Yes, side bun styles suit young girls, teenagers and young women. Choose a side bun which is an updo near head than loose near the neck. This suits young women better.
Q2. Is side bun hairstyle bad for long hair due to tight pins and hair updos?
Ans: Any hairstyle if held tight for long with elastics and pins may not be good for hair. Hence work on a style and keep it on for the required time and remove it before the end of the day and let the hair be free. Apply hair serum immediately too.
Q3. Do side bun hairstyles suit western tops and jeans?
Ans: Yes, side bun hairstyle suits western tops and jeans. Do a tight side bun near head compared to a loose one below. This style will suit elegant and grand tops with jeans.
Q4. How is side bun style for women over 50 years?
Ans: Side bun style caters to requirements of women of all ages. Choose a loose hair side bun updo for women over 50 years of age. Accessorize it with flowers and artificial flower pins to make the look. Women over 50 can try this side bun style with a saree to look elegant.