25 Foremost Tips to Regrow You Hair Naturally
Hair fall is the most common problem men and women face irrespective of the care they take and the number of branded products they use. It is essential to have a healthy diet and a good hair care regime for healthy and shiny hair. Below we provide some natural hair growth tips for women which effectively works! It is not merely the poor diet or the essential supplements that your hair lacks, but also your lifestyle and stress. Stress is the root cause of hair fall, lifestyle being the second. Factors like pollution, nutrient supplements, diet etc. also have an equal role to play in hair growth.
Despite your repeated careful measures to restore growth, we understand how frustrating it can be. So, we decided to tell you some of the best hair regrowth treatment tips that are natural and safe.
Best Tips on How To Regain Hair Naturally:
Here are a few natural and easy hair regrowth tips that will ensure a healthy hair.
1. Trim Occasionally:
After the hair reaches shoulder length, it is necessary to trim once in a while. This is important because:
- It removes split ends and dry and damaged hair.
- Helps hair grow really fast.
- Prevents further damages upwards.
2. Oil Your Scalp:
Castor oil and onion are an ideal mix for those losing hair at an alarming rate. To use it:
- Mix onion juice and Castor Oil (2:1 ratio) in a glass bowl
- With the help of clean cotton, apply it over the scalp, paying closer attention to balding spots and the forehead line.
- Leave for at least an hour before thoroughly rinsing with lukewarm water and patting it dry.
Using this oil mix at least once a week is necessary if you want to see the balding spots disappear and reduced hair fall every time you comb/shampoo. In case you are wondering on how to regrow hair naturally home remedies, this is one sure way out!
3. Condition After Shampoo:
The best way to regrow hair is to use conditioner after shampoo every single time. Shampoos usually contain chemicals that are essential to have squeaky clean hair, but at the same time take away natural softness and moisture from the hair for which the conditioner makes up. The benefits include:
- Softness and moisture are maintained in the hair.
- It adds shine to the hair.
- Healing properties of conditioners reduce damages caused to the cuticles.
- Gives a natural bounce making thin hair appear fuller.
4. Say ‘Hello’ to Silk Pillow Cases:
Yes! We do not realize but it happens. Cotton pillowcases not only take away the natural oils formed on the scalp but the chances that you are losing hair every time you flip aside is pretty high. Manifold benefits of silk pillow covers include:
- Reduced friction between hair and pillow; thus fewer tangles.
- The soft surface of the silk cases prevents hair breakage, which means longer and unclipped hair.
- It helps hair breathe and aids hair growth at a faster pace.
5. Stop Experimenting with Tools and Chemicals:
Does not matter how safe and natural hair products are, chemicals are still a part of it and do cause damage which will be visible over time. So is the case with styling tools that play with the normal temperature of your hair and leave them brittle and dry. In case you are too fond of interfering with your normal hair colour and style make sure of
- Doing a patch test for how the particular chemical reacts to your skin and hair.
- Use lower temperature and let hair air dry completely before styling.
- Use good quality tools and protect your locks before applying heat.
- With colouring comes a complete set of do’s and don’ts – follow the guidelines to minimise damage.
6. Cold Shower Rule:
It is important to know that hot water is a complete no-no for hair as it opens pores and the heat causes irreparable damage to hair. The last rinse after shampoo should always be with cold water for various reasons.
- It seals pores and protects natural moisture of the scalp.
- The top layer of hair gets a smooth finish from cold water
- Cold water reduces the damages of styling – especially with a heat.
7. Overuse of Shampoo is not Healthy:
Refrain using shampoo every time you shower. It takes away natural moisture and essential oils from the hair and scalp. Follow a shampoo routine and protect your hair from the side effects.
- Thoroughly wet your hair and apply conditioner first (for long hair), then rinse and apply shampoo; it reduces the damage associated with shampoos.
- Massage shampoo (amounting to hazelnut size) for at least two minutes in circular motions.
- Rinse thoroughly (preferably with water that is not hot); make sure that the shampoo is out before you go for conditioning.
- Pat dry with soft towel and let your hair air dry.
8. Spread Natural Hair Oil before Bed-time:
Our scalp nourishes itself each day with the natural oils; it forms before bed-time it is essential to spread it all over your hair for the natural sheen. An ideal hair growth treatment is to brush your hair starting from scalp right through the ends before retiring for the day. Doing this will help in
- Improving circulation in the scalp, leading the natural growth of hair.
- Any minor damages are self-repairable which usually happens during the night.
- The natural oils are very healthy for hair and improve hair texture.
- Removing the tangles will prevent hair breakage during sleep.
9. Start from Inside – Eat Healthy:
You become what you eat and it reflects on your skin and hair the most. A healthy ‘eat and sleep’ routine is essential if you are not blessed with a low-maintenance scalp and skin. Intake of proper proteins and vitamins will help cleanse your system and bring remarkable changes in your appearance. All you need to do is
- Increase intake of water. Be hydrated.
- Include proteins and vitamins to strengthen the roots.
- Avoid junk food and extremes of spice and sour, it directly affects the stomach lining.
10. Use Growth Supplements:
To kill the root cause of poor hair it is at times necessary to introduce proteins and essential vitamins through supplements. Medical experts should be consulted for the below-mentioned reasons before taking supplements.
- That does not interfere with any current medication.
- The ideal requirement (in proper quantity) should be known
- The diet that needs to be followed for best results.
See More: Home Remedies For Hair Growth
Apply Natural Hair Regrowth Oils Regularly:
Some of the best natural oils for hair regrowth come with a promise of treating the hair fall problem and ensuring the growth of healthy hair. Take a look at some of them.
1. Bhringaraj Hair Oil:
One of the best-known hair oil for hair regrowth possibility is the bhringaraj oil. It is sticky and is made by combining false daisy with sesame oil. It prevents premature hair greying and also aids in hair growth. If you are wondering how to regain hair naturally, here is what you should do.
- Massage the oil in a circular motion for 10 minutes on to the hair and leave it on for at least an hour.
- You can also mix this with some amla oil and leave it on overnight.
- Rinse well in the morning with a mild shampoo.
The oil is available in bottles and can be used generously.
2. Olive Oil:
Olive oil is another best solution to regenerate hair for men and women. It is rich in vitamin E and has a high dose of anti-oxidants that makes it ideal for hair and skin. It contains oelic acid, that will penetrate deep into the hair shaft and will lock the moisture. With regular use, olive oil acts as a conditioner, leaving your hair soft and silky. Here is how to use it.
- Massage the oil on to the scalp to the roots well and leave it overnight.
- Braid your hair and in the morning wash off with a shampoo.
You don’t have to use a conditioner additionally for olive oil. Witness silky smooth and healthy hair in a month.
3. Sesame Oil:
Sesame oil serves as the base for many ayurvedic oil like bhringaraj. It treats scalp and fungal infection due to its anti-microbial properties. It is best used as a hot oil treatment. Here is a quick way to do this at home.
- Heat the required amount of oil. Make it lukewarm.
- Pour directly on to the scalp and massage in and out.
- Leave it on for two hours and wash off with a shampoo.
Sesame oil can also be mixed with coconut oil and will provide added nourishment to the otherwise dull hair.
4. Argon Oil:
This best hair regrowth oil contains anti-oxidants and will repair damaged hair. It will hydrate and moisturizes the hair, by penetrating deep into the shafts. It contains high doses of vitamin E and F.
- Apply some quantity of oil on to the hair and massage well.
- Leave it overnight and wash off with a mild shampoo in the morning.
Argon oil is a wonderful remedy for damaged hair from the heat of styling and also cures split ends.
5. Coconut Oil:
For a healthy, soft and lustrous hair, coconut oil is the best way out. It is rich in vitamin E and anti-oxidants that repairs damaged hair. The oil penetrates into the roots and follicles and stimulates hair growth. It also moisturizes dry hair. Here is a quick way to use it.
- Massage generous quantity of oil on to the scalp and let the oil seep in.
- Allow it to be there overnight.
- Wash with cold water and shampoo in the morning.
Coconut oil is an excellent natural hair regrowth oil that will foster regrowth in a short span of time.
See More: Natural Remedies For Hair Fall
Include Vitamin Foods In Your Regular Diet:
Vitamins foods have long known to be beneficial for the hair. Some of them are easy to include in your everyday diet, like the following.
Without any doubt, eggs are the richest source of protein for your hair and body. Protein is the building block of hair and hence will be a good idea to consume one boiled egg daily.
Green and leafy vegetables like spinach, broccoli provide a rich source of iron for hair regrowth. Deficiency of iron also leads to hair loss and supplementing them through these sources of dark and leafy vegetables will be an excellent idea as a hair regrowth tip and strategy.
3. Vitamin C:
Our daily dose of vitamin C comes from the citrus fruits like orange, and lemon. Make yourself a glass of lime water with honey and drink it twice a day. Try orange juice. These are required for the production of collagen that makes capillaries that connect to the hair shafts, thereby making it strong.
Munch on nuts like almonds, walnuts that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Take them as a snack every day around noon. Flax seeds are also another mid-meal snack that you can include for a healthy hair growth.
5. Whole grains:
Another source rich in proteins and vitamins are the whole grains. They are rich in biotin, iron, zinc and vitamin B. Biotin helps in producing amino acids (proteins) that are important for your hair to grow.
Other Natural Hair Regrowth Tips:
Apart from the oils that enrich your hair for regrowth, there are also some natural ingredients that aid the process of hair growth. Take a look at some of the natural ways on to how to regain hair.
1. Healthy Diet:
A healthy diet is the best remedy for hair regrowth. A diet rich in protein, minerals and vital vitamins is a must. Include a lot of yogurt, cheese, chicken, whole grains, eggs and greens like broccoli and spinach. Fresh juice of orange, carrot and beetroot also helps. Walnuts, flax seeds and beans are some of the foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Include the vegetables in a bowl of salad every day.
- Drink the juice every day around noon. This will also keep you filled.
- Walnuts and flax seeds can be taken as afternoon snacks. Alternatively, sprinkle some flax seeds on to your salad for a crunchier salad.
2. Egg Mask:
An egg is a natural conditioner that will keep your hair soft and silky. They are rich in protein, sulfur, and iron that will help for a faster hair growth. Here is how to prepare the mask easily at home.
- Whisk an egg. Mix four tablespoons of grapeseed oil and add a few drops of lavender oil.
- Apply on to your hair and scalp and leave it on for half an hour.
- Rinse well and shampoo your hair.
- Apply a mixture of two egg yolks and two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil on your scalp.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash with cold water and then shampoo your hair.
3. Herbal Infusion:
Herbs like rosemary, catnip, nettle, burdock, horsetail promote faster hair growth. Rosemary, in particular, is known for its excellent for hair growth properties and stimulates hair follicles. The polyphenols and anti-inflammatory properties of green tea have also proven beneficial for hair growth. Herbs stimulate hair growth by improving circulation. Here is a quick way to prepare a herbal mask.
- Prepare a herbal mask by steeping any of these herbs in hot water for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse finally after shampooing and conditioning your hair. Apart from promoting hair growth, it will also strengthen your hair and make it soft and manageable.
4. Vitamin Supplements:
While diet has a role to play, vitamin supplements like kelp, fish oil, flax seed oil, ginseng, ginkgo biloba help in hair regrowth.
- Supplement these oils with the regular oils you use daily.
5. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera encourages hair growth and also fosters a healthy hair. The hair becomes soft and manageable. It also curbs dandruff growth on hair. Here is a healthy mask that you can make to nourish your hair.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel mixed by mixing it with a little lemon juice.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair. Do this once every week or two.
- Aloe vera gel can be mixed with equal amounts of coconut milk and wheat germ oil and then apply it on your hair.
See More: How to Growth Hair with Folic Acid
Thus, we know how essential are small changes we need to inculcate as a habit to effortlessly grow healthy and long hair. Anyone can get Rapunzel-like hair by simply following the above tips for hair regrowth. Now is the right time to get into action before it’s too late.
Originally posted 2020-08-06 14:23:06.