The wedding day is the most memorable and important day in any girl’s life. These simple south Indian bridal makeup tips are so usefully to for your D-day. It is a known fact that all girls start dreaming about this from an early age. On this auspicious day, a bride wants to look her best as everybody’s attention is on her at the wedding. It begins with choosing the right wedding attire, matching accessories, the hairstyle and not-to-miss, the perfect makeup. As it is known to all South Indian weddings are a treat for the eyes.
The bride wears a vibrant coloured silk sari along with heavy jewellery. All these features accentuate the overall look of a South Indian bride. Even though it sounds difficult, getting the perfect makeup for South Indian Brides is not a daunting job. Here is a step-by-step guide that will help South Indian brides to look spectacular and beautiful without being gaudy. Know more about all the necessary tips required for bridal make up on the big day by following these easy tips detailed in this article.
South Indian Bridal Makeup – State look:
South Indian wedding makeup is well known in Andhra Pradesh given the rich colours and brightness used in the makeup. Emphasis is generally given to the bottu(tika) on the forehead. Further, generally pink eyeshadows with bright red lipstick are used here with light blush and heavy highlighter. Given the rich tradition and culture, the Brides of Andhra Pradesh are well known to use bold and bright red shades of makeup mostly. The eye region is emphasised as the jewellery is kept near the forehead to enhance beauty.
Here, the culture of makeup is almost similar to that of Andhra Pradesh just that the tika is different. Further, heavy blush is applied, and the makeup is with more pink undertones. The Tamil culture emphasises similarly on the good eye and chins makeup. Mostly jewellery used is heavy and magnificent here.
Here the makeup is more of nude undertones and is natural. More gold and grey colours are used along with shimmer in the makeup. Emphasis is given to eye makeup a lot. The lipstick is generally bright red or pink. Heavy kajal is applied to enhance further beauty.
The state of Kerala is well known for grand weddings with white and gold saree. Emphasis is given to the overall makeup with heavy foundation and lipsticks, and further highlighter is generously used here. For the Christian wedding, more of highlighter and less bright colours are used here.
South Indian Bridal Makeup – Step By Step Tutorial with Images:
In South India, simple South Indian bridal makeup is well preferred, which defines and enhances the personality of the bride along with giving her a ravishing look. Let us see the latest South Indian bridal makeup trends here.
1. Cleansing the Face:
The first step for any makeup regimen starts with cleaning the face. Use a mild cleanser to clean the skin of dirt and get a fresh-looking face.
2. Moisturising the Skin:
After cleaning, pat the skin dry and use a good moisturiser to hydrate your skin amply. Dryness on the face can make the makeup look very cakey. Hence moisturiser plays a very important role here.
3. Face Makeup:
The wedding day is really a big day for the bride. Hence you should give the importance in order for the makeup should last for a longer time. To get your makeup stay perfectly until the end, you must use a good quality primer. The primer helps to retain makeup well and smoothly evens out the texture of the skin and also repairs the open pores on the face.
- Now you need to work on the concealer. It helps in hiding all the blemishes, pimples, dark spots on your face. It is always good to use a cream-based concealer.
- Choosing the right foundation for the face can be tricky. A foundation should perfectly match the skin tone and should never look brighter. For a long-lasting effect, patiently apply multiple layers of foundation.
- Use a dash of pink blush-on on your cheeks to get the natural glow.
- You can even use a good highlighter in order to glow up the face from underneath. Apply a bit of highlighter with a winged brush on cheeks, chin, and the tip of the nose.
4. The Perfect Eye Look:
- Dramatic eye makeup looks excellent on South Indian Brides.
- Start by using an eye cream followed by a primer to even out the eye area.
- Use a gold or bronze eye shadow to compliment the look. And use the brush from the centre and work towards the end, first on the lower lid and then the upper lid.
- You can use a waterproof eyeliner or kajal to highlight the eyes. Apply at least three coats of mascara to get the smoky look.
- Brighten the eye makeup by applying neutral tone glitters on the inner corners and brow bones.
- Further for lush eyebrows, apply eyebrow liner and with the help of gel, comb them a bit.
5. How to Get Luscious Lips:
As the focus of the bridal look for South Indian brides is the eye, you need to underplay with the lips to get the best look. Traditional South Indian bridal makeup generally demands bright lip colour.
- The colour of your lip shade should depend on your lip size.
- If you have small, thin lips use a light lip colour, and for fullers lips, it suggests to use darker shades. It will make your pout look more appealing and sensuous.
6. Touch Ups:
Do not forget; it is important for South Indian bridal face makeup to get good touch ups in order to make the makeup stay longer. Apply compact, blush as required in between and use makeup spray to set it in place.
Let us know some more South Indian bridal makeup tips.
- Make sure to plan well in advance for your wedding day. It helps to enhance makeup.
- Make sure to keep ready matching jewellery with sarees/dresses. And this makeup matches easily with the attire as well.
- South Indian bridal eye makeup generally gives importance hence be sure to buy right palettes in advance.
- In the case of South Indian bridal makeup for the reception if it is at night time, make sure to change the makeup as per timing. Add the shimmers and glitters as well to enhance beauty.
Who does not want to look great on their wedding day? These wedding makeup tips will help you to organise and plan better and look as per the occasion for the important day. Make sure to be happy and with a wide smile on your face to add special beauty to your face. Let us know what your views on this article South Indian bridal makeup are, how it worked for you.
Frequently Asked Question and Answers:
1. How to get makeup to stay in place for a longer time for an overnight wedding?
Ans: In traditional South Indian bridal makeup, using makeup spray is always wise and better. It helps to set the makeup in place and does not let it smudge. Hence be it an overnight wedding or longer hours, it will be in place.
2. What makeup do I require to keep in handy for touch-ups?
Ans: For South Indian wedding makeup, it is safer to keep some makeup on hand for touch-ups like compact, spray, lipstick and eye shadow. These are required to do touch-ups in between when you find time in order to let make up stay in place for a longer time.
3. How to make sure that eyelashes are more defined and darker other than through mascara?
Ans: One of the best tips is to follow is to keep false lashes on hand. While many are apprehensive about false lashes, it is not new nowadays. It is totally trendy to use defined eyelashes in case needed. It gives a natural look and further enhances the brightness of the face.