9 Best Medium Hairstyles for Women Over 40 with Pictures
In case you are thinking about how to style hair for women over 40, we are here to get you sorted. Attaining 40 years does not mean you do not have anything new to try out. There may be some restrictions to suit the look and style but worry not. We will help you through with ideas on best medium hairstyles for women over 40 years, which can get you sorted.
Now you do not need to worry about no hairstyle suiting you best. See what is suitable as per occasion or face and hair type or preference. Continue reading to know what best suits you.
Beautiful and Stunning Medium Hairstyles for Women Over 40:
Below are some of the best medium-length hairstyles for women over 40.
1. The Classic Blonde Bob Hairstyle:
This haircut for medium hair for women over 40 will bring out the sophisticated and classy look on your face and make you look alluring even at this age. The shoulder-length bob will make your hair soft and glossy with delicate edges. This hairstyle sports a magnificent blonde colour. The look is suitable for women with almost all face shapes.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: This is best suited for women with oval-shaped face and straight hair.
- Best Season to Try: This haircut is best during summer.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this out for usual gatherings and outings or office.
- Matching Dresses: Match this out with western outfits.
2. The Asymmetrical Bob:
Here the hair is asymmetrical divides, and the curls are a push in. Without any layers, it is one of the simplest looks for women over 40. The hairstyle, however, highlights a little which will impress men and other women as well. Women with long faces can easily wear this look. This is among women’s hairstyles of a medium length over 40.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: Try this out for all face shapes and straight or wavy hair.
- Best Season to Try: This is great during all seasons.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this out for movie or date nights.
- Matching Dresses: This is best with western outfits like shirts and skirts.
3. Layered Bob:
Women over 40 can stylishly flaunt out this layered bob cut hairstyle. It is unique and elegant at the same time can display great taste in fashion easily. And this gives out a sassy look through extensions and hair also looks voluminous. This is the perfect medium length hairstyle for women over 40.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: This is great for an oval or diamond-shaped face with wavy hair.
- Best Season to Try: Try this out during winter.
- Perfect Occasion: This is best for events or special parties.
- Matching Dresses: Try this out with short western dresses or with knee-length dresses.
4. Wavy Lob:
This hairstyle will make you look young as the young girls wear this look. It is not too long and not too short. The hairstyle looks soft and delicate, extending to shaggy curls in the end. In the front this haircut sports long, extended layers which are twined off the face and reveals the face wide open. This medium length hairstyle for a 40-year-old woman only covers the ears and cheeks. Women with round faces will rock this look.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: This is great for round-shaped faces and curly hair.
- Best Season to Try: Try this out in winter.
- Perfect Occasion: This is great for parties and evening gatherings.
- Matching Dresses: This is great with western sleeveless dresses or jeans and shirts.
5. Curled-Out Hairstyle for Women Over 40:
Mature women can carry this beautiful look anywhere they want. This shiny hairstyle comes with subtle highlights which embrace the beauty of this look. In the end, wrap out to highlight the magnificent layered coated edges. This medium haircut for women over 40 and are one of the coolest hairstyles which can display at any age.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: This is great for oval-shaped face and straight or wavy hair.
- Best Season to Try: It is best during monsoons and winter.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this out for regular office going purpose.
- Matching Dresses: This is best with either ethnic kurtas or western office wear.
See More: Medium Length Haircuts For Round Faces
6. Side-Swept Bangs for Women Over 40:
For women over 40, there is a specific fringe cut hairstyle. This hairstyle hangs over the forehead in a side scrapping fashion. It looks very creative and embraces your playful character. It extends to the shoulder and has a delicate wavy touch attached to it. Women can easily wear this medium length haircut for a 40-year-old woman with style.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: This is best with oval-shaped face with all hair types.
- Best Season to Try: Try this out in winter.
- Perfect Occasion: This suits movie outings or office parties.
- Matching Dresses: This is best with western outfits like shirts, skirts or dresses.
7. Thin Lob:
This medium length haircut for a 40-year-old woman is a normal side-parted hairstyle, which will make you look younger and provide your face with an ideal frame. The length of the hair is a bit longer than the previous ones. The quality of the hair is the prime factor of this look. You have a school girl look at the age of 40, try this thin lob hairstyle.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: Try this out for square or round-shaped face with all hair types.
- Best Season to Try: This is best in all seasons.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this out for regular office or corporate meetings.
- Matching Dresses: This is best to wear with skirts and dresses.
See More: Medium Length Haircuts For Straight Hair
8. Medium-Length Layered Hairstyle:
The layered hairstyle will extend to the shoulders giving your face a captivating look. This medium length haircut for a 40-year-old woman is an attractive haircut which is very well layered. For obtaining this look, you need to shampoo the hair and blow dry it. Fine-medium length hair will be suitable for this look.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: This hairstyle suits those with oval-shaped face better with wavy hair.
- Best Season to Try: This is great during summer.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this out for date nights or outings.
- Matching Dresses: Try this out with dresses or western pants and tops.
9. Soft Medium-Length Layered Hairstyle:
This medium length haircut for 40-year-old woman gives a soft wavy look, which greatly suits those with hair waves. This is layered haircut which can highlight elegant features of the face. This further will bring out the childish and fun-loving look even at the age of 40.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: This is great for those with oval or round-shaped face with wavy hair.
- Best Season to Try: To try this out during all seasons as it suits equally.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this out for family gatherings and events.
- Matching Dresses: This is best with ethnic and western dresses.
See More: Simple Party Hairstyles For Medium Hair
- Hairstyles are not as easy as one may think to maintain and care for. Hence do not miss out on taking care with the help of hair mask applications once a week.
- Hair spa is a good solution to nourish and moisturize the hair. Once a month, a hair spa visit is good for the hair for maintaining shine and softness.
- Try out to use argon oil serums application to avoid damage through styling frequently.
- Professional help and advice can be taken to see what best suits your face shape as well.
What best than trying out new and latest medium hairstyles for women over 40? This can be changing and liberating with a new style to look at in the morning and coming out of the boring and normal every day look. The hairstyle can make and enhance your features and can help you look younger too.
Frequently Asked Question and Answers:
1. Will medium or short hair for women over 40 make one look too old?
Ans: Absolutely not, this is a myth. Medium length hair for women over 40 can be well suited and stylish. It was an old age phenomenon to maintain long hair for 40-year-old women, but now, there are several styling options one can choose from.
2. How often is it good to trim your hair?
Ans: If your hair growth is normal and is proper, then trimming once in three to four months is not a bad idea to go with. It will help to remove any kind of split ends, which can damage the hair. And This can be followed for medium hair for women over 40.
3. Do hair serums or gel damage hair?
Ans: No, they do not damage the hair, but instead, hair serum application on damp hair after hair wash is good as it can enhance and nourish the hair well. It can be done on medium hair for women over 40 as this helps to moisturize the hair properly.
Originally posted 2020-08-06 16:16:07.