You wrap up in additional layers in the winter months, because winter brings with it cracks, allergies, vitamin deficiency, dryness and chapped lips. Chapped lips often called as cracked lips are a symptom of winter which make your lips so fragile by expansion into tiny splits plus cracks. Especially in women, chapped lips are a huge winter disappointment. If you are one of them who is looking for quick solution for chapped lips, read on.
What Causes Chapped Lips?
Dry lips are often termed as chapped lips and cracked lips. These can be caused by extreme weather conditions, especially low temperatures or also by excessively wetting lips with saliva.
Since lips do not have oil glands, due to lack of moisture they are more prone to dry and fall prey to cracks which may certainly end up in bleeding sometimes. Also, during winters, the presence of excessive humidity in air also causes chapped lips.
While chapped lips are quite common in almost everyone during winters and sometimes during extreme summers, in some people it gets severe turning into Cheilitis which is actually an infection caused due to the cracked corners of lips.
Although dry lips can be instantly treated with some home remedies, certain severe conditions require medical intervention.
Here are Some Quick Picks on What to put on Chapped Lips:
There are several home remedies are there which are helpful to treat chapped lips. Thus, in this write up, I have telling some of the best methods to treat your chapped lips. Here we below 15 Methods to treat chapped lips.
1. Lip Balm:
Application of lip balm helps to seal in moisture plus acquire additional hydration by beneficial oils. That blockade will also aid to seal deep cracks plus splits from infection along with irritation. OTC lip balms are normally completed from sodium PCA, hyaluronic acid, plus glycerin to maintain lips moist. Look for the best lip balm for chapped lips available at various stores.
- Pick any moisturizing lip balm free of colors and apply it as and when you feel dryness on lips every day.
- Strawberry lip balms are efficient in hydrating lips and therefore a lot of strawberry base lip balms are readily available in the market. Just pick and use!
2. Stay Hydrated:
You have to Drink ample of fluids, plus dampen the air in your home by a humidifier. Water makes equal to 60% of an adult’s body load. Water maintains lips hydrated keep dry plus chapped lips at bay. Thus, drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water regularly for good health plus healthy lips.
- Fill four one liter bottles of water and consume them throughout the day to keep yourself hydrated.
- If just water makes it boring, you can add slices of orange, lemon, cucumber, mint leaves to a big jar of water which you can consume throughout the day.
- You may also choose to drink coconut water to keep yourself hydrated.
3. Coconut Oil:
It is extremely successful in treating chapped lips. Only smear a small quantity of oil on your lips numerous times daily. The minerals in coconut oil offer lips stacks of moisture and maintain them from flattering dry otherwise chapped. Apply a few drops of the oil on your lips numerous times a day while they are feeling dry. Coconut is the cheapest home remedy for chapped lips.
- Take a few drops of edible coconut oil and gently massage into your lips until they feel smooth.
- Repeat this at least four times a day to get quick and best results.
See More: How To Reduce Double Chin
4. Almond Oil:
Almond oil is one the best and effective home remedies to cure chapped lips. The almond oil is wealthy in vitamin E.
- Take a piece of cotton, dip it in edible almond oil or pure almond oil and rub it gently on your lips for at least 3 to 4 times a day. This will heal your cracked lips in just few days.
5. Flax Seed Oil:
No other natural home remedy can treat chapped lips like flax seeds. It contains healthy fatty acids which are nutritious to the body’s epidermis plus dermis layers. Applying flax seed oil enables its properties to go through the lip tissues that will make topical soft plus smooth lips.
You don’t have to keep going around in search of flax seeds oil. Just make it at home.
- Take 2 tablespoons of flax seeds and add them to 2 cups of boiling water.
- Let it boil in low heat for around 10 minutes. Leave the lid open.
- Once you see the mixture thickening, just switch off the heat and let it cool.
- Now transfer the mixture into a jar and refrigerate it.
- Now, the flax seeds oil is ready to use!
6. Honey For Chapped Lips:
You have to know that honey is a big moisturizing plus antibacterial agent, which when apply to the lips, provide fast curing effects. Honey is a normal humectant that attracts plus holds onto water molecules, restore lost moisture to dry lips. Owing to its antibacterial plus anti-fungal properties, it keeps infection from entering chapped otherwise cracked lips.
- Take few drops of pure honey and apply on your cracked lips.
- Repeat at least thrice a day for quick and best results.
See More: How To Get Rid Of Dark Lips Permanently
7. Sugar Scrub:
Sugar exfoliates your lips to disclose normal defensive skin. Sugar is best known as a scrub.
- Take half a tea spoon of honey, 2 tea spoons of brown sugar and 2 drops of olive oil.
- Combine well and allow the mixture to set for 5 minutes.
- Now drip a cotton bud or use your finger to smear on both lips and rub gently.
- Rinse with warm water.
Sugar definitely is one of the most effective home remedies for chapped lips.
8. Rose Petals:
Rose petal can solve your chapped lips problem. How to get rid of chapped lips by using rose petals, here is process for you to stay away from
- Clean a few rose petals steep them in milk otherwise glycerin for 2 hours.
- Take soften rose petals and squash them to shape a solid paste.
- Put the blend on chapped lips 2 or 3 times a day.
- Roses hold nature’s own anti-fungal, antibacterial, plus antiviral property.
- A rose stick will create your lips appear also feel moistened plus smooth.
9. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera includes natural elements like hygroscopic lipids, which reinforce the thin defensive oil layer that cover the lips.
- Take some aloe vera gel and gently rub it on your chapped lips.
- Once you feel a cool and smooth effect, rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat thrice a day for best results.
See More: How To Remove Pregnancy Stretch Marks
10. Castor Oil:
Application of castor oil, several times a day, is an excellent home remedy for chapped lips.
Castor oil has been one of the best ingredients used for hair and skin since olden days.
- Take a few drops of castor oil.
- Add a few drops of glycerin and lemon juice to the oil and stir it well.
- Now apply the mixture with a cotton swap or use your finger to gently massage.
- Wipe it off with a cotton ball that has been soaked in warm water.
- Use this remedy in the nights, so the next morning, you will be completely free of chapped lips!
11. Green Tea Bag:
One of the oldest remedies that has been followed by people for generations now to cure chapped lips is green tea.
- Pick a green tea bag and dip it in some warm water.
- Use the dipped bag as a scrubber to scrub all over your chapped lips.
- The green tea bag acts as a natural moisturizer, helping you get rid of chapped lips easily.
12. Lemon Juice:
Lemon juice is known to stop the aging of the skin. It nourishes the sensitive skin on the lips, thus curing chapped lips in the process and returning your youthful, soft lips back again.
- Mix 3 drops of lemon juice in a bowl with cream or milk.
- Apply this mixture before going to bed.
- Do it for at least 3 nights and feel your lips smooth and shining again!
Cucumber acts as one of the best home remedy for chapped lips as it smoothness the skin to a great extent. It helps one get rid of chapped lips making the lips smooth and soft as desired.
- Slice a cucumber
- Use the slices directly on your lips and scrub them well.
Do this remedy and watch your lips become smooth and fine just in a day!
14. Mango Butter or Oil:.
Mango Butter or oil is abundant with emollients. It locks the moisture within the lips and thus cures the chapped lips quickly and efficiently.
- Take 1 cup unsalted butter, half a mango peeled, scooped and pureed.
- Add the butter and mango puree to a mixing bowl and blend neatly.
- Transfer it to an air tight container and refrigerate. It will remain fresh and good for 2 weeks.
15. General Tips:
- Peeling the dead skin off your lips is highly not recommended. Instead a cotton ball soaked in lukewarm water or a soft toothbrush can be used for the purpose.
- Licking of your lips dries them, and they become devoid of moisture. This is one of the main causes of chapped lips and should be avoided.
- Breathing through your mouth makes the lips dry and it should be avoided.
Chapped lips give a very bad appearance and now as you know the best treatment for chapped lips, especially excellent home remedies, use them instantly and get rid of chapped lips.