How to Clean Makeup Brushes
A flawless makeup application begins with your tools – brushes are one of the best investments you can make. Lots of people tend not to use makeup brushes but they make applying your makeup more accurate and precise and so much more hygienic.
Keeping makeup brushes clean is very important, as these can serve as a host for dirt and bacteria that doesn’t do any good to the sensitive eye area and your skin – they can cause skin problems and possible infection. It is recommended to clean your makeup brushes at least once a week or as needed.
To freshen and clean them you need to do the following:
– take the makeup brush and run the bristles under warm water; be careful to wet just the tops of your brushes (avoiding the handle).
– take a bit of antibacterial soap, dish washer, shampoo or makeup brush cleanser and gently rub the bristles of the brush to get all the dirt out.
– avoid scrubbing them too harshly or you may loosen the bristles.
– rinse the bristles very well so there is no more soap and dirt left between them.
– if there’s still color coming out of the brush put soap on it again and rinse thoroughly.
– take a towel and squeeze any excess water off the brush by gently pressing the bristles with your fingers as you reform the bristles.
– let them air dry overnight so that in the morning they’re ready for use.
– allow the makeup brush to dry fully before applying makeup to your skin.
After applying your makeup, wipe the makeup off the brushes with fresh antibacterial wet wipes to reduce build-up of makeup residue and oils. If you take care of your brushes, they will last for years.