How To Remove Tan From Neck and Face?
Have you ever heard people say they want to remove tan? Yes, we all have friends or family who are very particular about the things going on with their skin. Tan or sun tanning is a process where the areas of the body exposed to UV rays in the sunlight changes colour. One of the main areas that are affected by the tanning process is your neck. Then how can you remove tan from the neck?
It is not possible to avoid the sun, but it is easy to remove suntan, just like getting a tan takes time, removing also is done eventually. We all keep our face beautiful with facials and neglect neck area. Explore this article to know different ways to remove tan, especially when you have a wedding or a family function you need to attend and need to remove tan on your neck area quickly, here are some quick homemade recipes and creams available in the market that does a quick job.
Causes Of Dark Neck In Men And Women:
Several reasons cause the darkening of the skin on your neck area in both men and women. Here is a list of reasons why-
- Poor hygiene: If you are not a clean person, then you need to be ready to face the consequences, dark neck being one of them.
- Sun tanning: Exposure to UV radiation in the sunlight for long duration causes tanning, which results in the dark neck.
- Underlying condition: Our body has many mechanisms to let us know any illness we don’t know yet. Some symptoms of diseases include the dark neck.
- Hormonal changes: many pregnant women have pigmentation or darkening of the skin around the neck and many areas of the face.
- Side effects of medicines: Not all, but some medications have particular side effects on the human body.
- Diseases: Some researches show that illnesses like diabetes, obesity may cause the darkening of your neck.
How To Remove Tan From Your Neck:
There are many ways how you can remove the darkness caused by the neck area. There are simple home remedies and also special creams available in the market, which help you eliminate tan.
Home Remedies To Eliminate Tan From Face And Neck:
You can prepare home remedies with the available things at your home. The properties of these abundantly available natural ingredients eliminate the dead cells on the affected skin area and decrease the tanning or darkening of the skin.
1. Lemon Juice and Honey:
Bleaching properties of lemon juice help lighten the tanned area. Honey or sugar acts as an exfoliating agent. It is the easiest way to get rid of tan, especially for men, as they do not like to do much(1)(2).
- Lemon juice.
- One teaspoon Honey or sugar.
How to Use:
- Add honey to the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Apply to the areas where there is an effect of the tan.
- Let the pack stay in the affected areas for about 30 minutes.
- Gently scrub your skin after 30 minutes to remove dead skin cells.
2. Yogurt and Tomato:
Tomato and yogurt are a superb combination to remove dead skin cells and lighten the tan from your neck and face. Anti-oxidant rich tomato brightens your skin, and lactic acid in yogurt softens your skin(3)(4).
- One teaspoon Sour curd.
- Blended tomato.
How to Use:
- Remove the skin from a medium-sized raw tomato.
- Mix yogurt and peeled tomato and blend them.
- Apply this paste on the area you have a tan and gently wash off after 20 minutes.
3. Cucumber Extract and Lemon Juice:
Cucumbers are composed mostly of water. They help you prevent eczema and keep your skin fresh. Here is a way to utilize cucumber extract to remove tan and treat sunburnt skin too(5).
- Juice from shredded cucumber
- Lemon juice
How to Use:
- Squeeze the juice out from a shredded cucumber.
- Add fresh lemon juice to the cucumber extract.
- Apply the combination with the help of a cotton ball.
- Let it dry and wash after 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Honey and Papaya:
The natural enzymes in papaya have bleaching and exfoliating properties, and honey is aaa natural moisturizer that helps reduce tan on neck and face(6).
- Ripe papaya cubes.
How to Use:
- Take four cubes of ripe papaya.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and mash them together with the back of a spoon.
- Mash them until a smooth paste is formed.
- Apply the paste in the tanned area and keep it until it dries.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes.
5. Oatmeal and Buttermilk:
Oatmeal has skin exfoliating properties rejuvenating your skin, and the lactic acid in the buttermilk softens your skin(7)(8).
- Two teaspoon Oatmeal.
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of Buttermilk.
How to Use:
- Take two spoonful oatmeal and soak them in water for five minutes.
- Now add two spoons of buttermilk to the soaked oatmeal and mix it well.
- Adding honey to the pack makes it more moisturizing.
- Form a paste by mixing these ingredients without lumps.
- Apply the paste on your face, neck, and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Gently wash off the face pack.
[ Also Read: How to Remove Tan From Hands ]
Neck Tan Removal Creams for Men and Women:
There are many creams readily available in the market to remove darkness on the neck. With a variety of cosmetics in a wide price range, you can select the one which suits you the best.
1. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun De-Tan After Sun Face Pack:
This is a fantastic tan removal cream from the brand Lotus herbals. It is a face pack that is proved to be an active tan removal agent. The key ingredients in this detan face pack are licorice extract, dandelion, and carrot extract, which have properties that help in the lightening of your skin.
How to use:
- Wash your face and apply the face pack all over your face and neck.
- Relax till your face is dry.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- You can use this cream twice a week or more depending on your exposure to sunlight.
Price: It costs Rs.325 for 50 grams of this anti-tan face pack.
2. Nature’s Essence Lacto Tan Clear:
Lacto Tan Clear is a tan removal cream available in the market. The key ingredients in this cream are milk proteins, honey, and geranium oil. They help remove dead cells from your skin and reduces pigmentation caused by harmful sun rays.
How to Use:
- Wash your face clean and dry before applying this cream.
- Now while massaging softly, apply a layer of this cream and let it dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Slowly wash your face and neck with lukewarm water.
- It is advised to use this cream daily for glowing skin.
Price: It costs Rs.165 for 100 grams pack of this tanning cream.
3. Himalaya Herbals Tan Removal Peel-off Mask:
Himalaya Tan Removal Orange peel-off mask is handy in giving an instant glow and removes tan. The key ingredients of this mask being orange peel and honey that are good for skin lightening. Orange Peel acts as a melanin controlling agent, and the double peeling action helps remove skin tan.
How to Use:
- Remember to keep your face clean and dry before applying this peel-off mask.
- Apply a thick layer over your face and neck.
- It might take 20 minutes for the cream to dry off completely.
- Slowly peel off the dried face pack starting from the edges.
- This gives you an instant glow and removes tan.
Price: 100 grams of this Himalaya tan removal orange peel-off mask costs Rs.135.
[ Read More: 9 Best Homemade Orange Peel Face Packs ]
4. Lakmé Sun Expert SPF 50 PA+++ Ultra Matte Gel:
Unlike the other options, this is a gel base from a famous brand Lakme. It can be used for oily and dry skin types. It blocks the UV rays from damaging your skin, giving you glowing tan-free skin. On regular use, it reduces tan lines and lightens your skin tone.
How to Use:
- Keep your face clean and dry before you apply any gel to remove tan.
- Spread the gel evenly over the tan-effected areas for 15 to 20 minutes for the ingredients to sink in.
- Slowly wash your face with lukewarm water and enjoy a tan-free skin.
Price: A 100 ml Lakmé Sun Expert SPF 50 PA+++ Ultra Matte Gel costs Rs.449.
It is not possible to avoid sunlight. Then we cannot wholly prevent tanning of the neck, arms, and face. The neck is the most neglected and most affected part of our body that is prone to tanning. But sunlight is also necessary for maintaining healthy skin. But by following some simple tips to avoid suntan on your neck. Some suggestions include covering yourself fully to protect yourself from UV radiation, drink plenty of water, avoid going out during peak sunlight, etc. along with these tips; you can select any home remedy or cream to remove tan from your neck in this article.