The Amazing Benefits Of Vitamin A For Your Skin
Did you ever know the secret to a young looking, radiant skin? Have you heard of Retinol found it most of your skin care products? Retinol is a form of Vitamin A, that is essential to maintain the health of your skin.
Vitamin A is able to reprogram cells and helps in improving the skin conditions. It has various forms like Retinol and Renova. Vitamin A thickens the dermis which results in reduced wrinkles. Blood flow to skin surface is increased due to Vitamin A and it is also responsible for the deposition of Collagen. Vitamin A helps in delaying the signs of aging like wrinkles, loose skin and renders a youthful skin. Vitamin A food sources are vegetables, fruits, meat, butter, fortified margarine whole milk and oily saltwater fish.
Benefits Of Vitamin A For Skin:
- Makes skin evenly toned and smooth by exfoliation.
- It reduces dark spots like brown pigmentation by inhibiting cluster formation of granules of melanin.
- Reduces production of sebum and acne are treated.
- Reduces the signs and symptoms of wound healing and rosacea.
- Makes the blood flow normal.
- Hydration of inside and around the cell of skin is improved.
- Helps in elimination of pre cancerous lesions of skin.
Uses Of Vitamin A For Skin:
Skin will feel good if vitamin A is used two times in a week. It should be used in the morning as well as in night for better results. If you can tolerate then add Essence and catalyst and mix them together. It should be taken slowly to build the strength of your skin. It can even take months. If some skin allergy like redness, flakes on skin or any irritation occurs decrease the intake of vitamin A and start taking some antioxidant product which will also nourishes the skin. After 2-3 weeks again slowly start increasing vitamin A.
Doesn’t use vitamin A on a sunny or windy day as cellular movement will increase. Vitamin A and UV should not be used together because one heals and one damages the skin. Redness and irritation occurs. Use antioxidants which are nourishing and avoid your sunscreen.
See More: How To Use Vitamin E Oil On Face
Treats Skin Conditions:
- Cold sores
- Keratosis follcularis also known as Darier’s disease
- Non inflammatory skin scaling called as Ichthyosis
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris
- Lichen planus pigmentosus
- Improves healing of wounds
- Wrinkles are reduced
- Protects from UV radiation.
Vitamin A also known as retinol is extremely effective to any cell of skin and makes cell healthier, beautiful and younger skin. It is a good antioxidant and interferes with damage procedure of free radical that makes your skin older. This action helps in reducing wrinkles and collagen production is increased. It is also effective in treating skin discolorations and sun damages.
- Few forms of retinol are used as cosmetics and left over can be bought only through prescription.
- Cosmetic companies include retinol forms in its products such as retinyl palmitate, retinyl acetate and retinaldehyde.
- It affects behavior of skin cells and is absorbed in skin and after breakage is transformed into retinoic acid.
- Irritation is at high risk with the use of prescribed form so you should take care while buying and using on skin.
- Forms of retinol are not same in functions but gives very effective skin results.
- Also acts as a very good anti ageing ingredient.
- Topical application will improve function of pores and gradually will decrease the size of the pore which has grown in size because of clogging or damage produced by sun to the skin.
See More: Uses Of Aloe Vera For Skin
How To Choose Vitamin A (Retinol) Product:
- Consult a doctor and get a written prescription if you are going to buy any form like retinoids, retinol, or retinyl acetate.
- Buy only those products which are packed in opaque containers to reduce air exposure.
- Irritation may be caused if you are using it for the first time. Stop immediately if it does not subside.
- Moisturizers and a cleanser and a toner should be used along with vitamin A so that skin can tolerate it and maximum effects are achieved.
See More: Vitamin C For Skin Whitening
Vitamin A Capsules Benefits For Skin:
Ingesting a Vitamin A pill is recommended for the promotion of healthy skin. It is important to consult the advice of a physician for any oral usage of the vitamin. The following are the key benefits of taking Vitamin A capsule for skin:
- Vitamin A pills are prescribed to treat skin disorders like eczema, psoriasis, skin scaling, lichen planus etc.,
- Vitamin A pills are also effective in treating peripheral skin wounds, cuts, burns and sun burn.
- Topical application of Vitamin A can reduce wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots and other signs of aging.
- Vitamin A also helps in protecting the skin from UV radiation.
Vitamin A Oil Benefits For Skin:
Regular usage of Vitamin A oil on skin can reap amazing benefits to the skin. Here is why Vitamin A oil is highly recommended:
- It makes skin even toned and even textured.The oil repairs the epidermis layer of the skin and rejuvenates the cell structure.
- Your skin gains better tolerance to UV radiation
- Hydrates the cell membranes
- Keeps skin shiny and soft
- Promotes elastin, which can result in a reduction of wrinkles
- Eradicates lesions on the skin
- Treats scars and blemishes caused due to acne
How to use Vitamin A Oil for Skin:
Here’s how to use Vitamin A oil for skin for treating skin problems:
- Vitamin A oil can be extracted from capsules for topical applications.
- To do this, pierce the capsules and squeeze out the required amount.
- Apply the oil directly on face by massaging it for few minutes
- Leave on face overnight
This can treat dryness, blemishes, scars, lesions and other skin problems.
- The extracted oil can be added to face masks for maximum effect.
- Never use heated vitamin A oil with honey in your mask, as it can reverse the benefits
Face masks can help you relax and mixing Vitamin A oil with ingredients like Aloe vera, clay etc. can boost healthy looking skin.
Vitamin A Rich foods for Skin:
The top sources of Vitamin A in food that promote healthy looking skin are as follows:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Butternut Squash
- Leafy Vegetables
Like they say, “You are What You Eat”, if you dream of a good looking skin, you need to incorporate these food in your diet.
Top 4 Vitamin A Lotions and Creams:
vitamin a cream benefits for skin are many. The following brands offers Vitamin A lotions and creams for treating a number of skin ailments like Acne, blemishes, Lichen Planus etc.,
1. Retinol Moisturizer Cream for Face – With Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E and Green Tea. Best Night and Day Moisturizing Cream 1.7 fl oz:
This cream is definitely a savior for sensitive acne prone skin. It reduces breakouts and irritation due to acne. It also aids in skin healing when used overnight. The cream is also known to reduce signs of aging like dark spots, dark circles, uneven skin tone and wrinkles.
2. Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture, Night:
This over the counter night Retinol night cream by Neutrogena is highly recommended by many dermatologists. It is the best non-invasive method of treating wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of aging. It aids in promoting tighter, younger looking skin.
3. Retin-A Cream for Stretch Marks:
Are you worried about the ugly looking stretch marks on your skin? If your stretch marks are relatively new (no older than a few months), Retin A cream works wonders on it. It can improve the skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of stretch marks on skin. However, it cannot be used if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
4. Retinol Serum for Psoriasis Treatment From La Beaute Pure:
If you are looking for a quick relief from Psoriasis, try the advanced Retinol serum from LB. It promotes rapid healing by slowing the cell growth and reducing flakes. It provides great relief from itching, burning sensation of the skin. The aloe extracts in the serum soothes and softens skin.
We hope you now have gathered a fair idea on the importance of Vitamin A. Stop hiding your skin from tons of makeup to cover your flaws. Start using Vitamin A to achieve healthy, flawless skin and we assure you of spend more time in front of the mirror, not to apply makeup, but to admire yourself.