Upside Down French Braid Updo Tutorial
Take the sock bun to a whole new level by adding French braiding to the back of your head! This updo can be a style savior for day-old hair, for bad hair days or when you find the simple ballerina bun just doesn’t quite make it an you want to kick your style up a notch.
When you pull your hair this high your face will take center stage, so make sure your eyebrows are groomed and your cheeks are sculpted. You can even get away with a bold red or pink lip during the day when rocking this look! Here’s how to do the upside down French braid, then pull hair up into a chic bun!
1. Begin by brushing tangles out of the hair.
2. The upside down French braiding technique starts by braiding three thin strands from the nape of the neck. Thus, the easiest way to do it is by flipping your head upside down.
Upside Down French Braid Steps
3. Start braiding and grab thin strands of hair from the sides and place them down the middle.
4. Continue with the braid until you reach the middle of the head, then pull all hair into a ponytail and secure.
5. Use a hair donut or rolled sock and place it down the base of the ponytail.
6. Hide the donut by hair around it and wrapping secure with bobby pins!
Finished Upside Down French Braid Updo
Hair by Laura Popovici for BecomeGorgeous.com
Related:Double Fishtail Braid Updo TutorialWaterfall Braid Tutorial