Homemade Ice Cream Cake – Recipe & Tips
Ice cream cakes make fabulous gifts for the sweet aficionados. Be it a birthday or an anniversary, this ice cream frosted cakes are one of the best edible gifts you can ever choose. Instead of ordering these cakes from your nearby ice cream shop, here is a simple, easy to follow ice cream cake recipe that you can always rely on. There are countless varieties and recipes from which you can choose from – vanilla cake with a chocolate ice cream or chocolate-pista cake or even, a strawberry-chocolate duet! The choice is all yours! You can use any flavor of ice cream or cake mix you like! Just frost the cake with a frosting or icing to satiate your taste buds!
So, what all do you need?
For The Ice Cream Cake:
This is a simple, easy to make vanilla cake with a fluffy texture. It makes a wonderful base for the cake and the good thing is that you can use the ice cream of your choice for layering. The following recipe yields a 9×13-inch rectangular cake.
See More: Banana Cake Recipe
All purpose flour – 2.5 cups
Sugar – 2 cups
Butter – ¾ cup, melted
Eggs – 4
Milk – 1 cup
Baking powder – 2.5 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 180⁰C/350⁰F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Prepare a 9 X 13 inch rectangular baking pan by brushing the pan sides and bottom with a little butter. Add some flour to the pan. Tap the pan bottom for even coating. Tilt to get rid of excess flour. Alternatively, you can prepare the pan by lining its bottom and sides with a parchment paper.
3. Sieve flour with baking powder twice and keep aside.
4. Add eggs and sugar to a mixing bowl. Using a mixer or beater, beat the mixture until it turns slightly thick.
5. Add the sieved dry ingredients, melted butter, and milk to the egg mixture.
6. Beat until the batter turns creamy and smooth.
7. Add vanilla essence and give the mixture a quick mix.
8. Transfer to prepared pan and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a cake teaser inserted comes out clean.
9. Take out the pan from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
10. With a knife, loosen the cake and transfer to a rack for complete cooling.
11. Allow to cool thoroughly before layering and frosting.
See More: How To Make Plain Cake At Home
Ice Cream Layers:
Ice cream – 6 cups, any flavor of your choice
12. Take the ice cream out of the freezer and allow it to soften slightly. It should be soft enough so that you can give it a quick mash and spread on the cake.
How to Proceed:
13. Cut the cooled cake into three layers.
14. Spread the ice cream over the bottom cake layer. Now place the second cake layer atop the ice cream followed by another layer of ice cream. Finish off with the third cake layer.
15. Cover with waxed paper and freeze until very firm.
Now the cake is ready for frosting and decoration. You can just prepare some whipped cream and frost the cake. Sprinkle some dark chocolate chips atop the frosting and allow to set before serving. Alternatively, you can use Oreo biscuits for decorating the cake.
See More: Birthday Cake Pictures
1. Always allow use all the ingredients for baking at room temperature.
2. You can use an instant cake mix and bake a cake by following the instructions mentioned on it.
3. You can use two round 9 inch baking pans for the cake recipe. If you are using two round pans, then invert the cakes and spread the ice cream on the bottom one.
4. Adjust the quantity of ice cream according to your taste buds.
Wow! Mouthwatering ice cream cake is ready to be served! So, when are you going to try this?
Images Source: 1, 2.