12 Best Exercises To Reduce Neck Fat Quickly At Home
We all love appreciating our beautiful faces at any time of the day. But having fat and saggy parts always evaporates that happiness. Double chin is one of the significant causes of concern on your face. The muscle between your jaw and collar bone begins to pile up fat, which appears like a chin below the chin (double chin). Here we enlisted 12 simple and best exercises to reduce neck fat fast at home.
You can get your neck into shape and lose the double chin, by continuous exercise and proper diet. It is necessary to maintain an appropriate posture so that your problem doesn’t aggravate. Explore this article for 15 simple exercises to reduce neck fat that you can do anywhere to bring your neck with fat into slender form.
What Causes Neck Fat?
Several factors cause a build-up of fat around your neck. Having a proper understanding of these factors helps you find ways to reduce the fat around your neck.
Age plays a vital role in the way your looks. Your once tight, glowing skin starts losing elasticity as you begin ageing. This causes your skin to look saggy, looking like a double chin.
If you have a history of double chin or skin with little elasticity in your household, there is a good chance you will have it too.
Obesity may not have a direct impact on the fat around your neck, but it is a contributing factor. With the kind of lifestyle we lead, junk food, less to no exercise, causes obesity and double-chin too.
Posture is essential for the muscles in your body. If you don’t maintain a proper position, it weakens the neck and chin muscles. If you don’t correct your posture, the skin surrounding the neck and chin start losing elasticity over time and resulting in a double chin.
Simple & Effective Exercises To Reduce Neck Fat:
Here are some of the best exercises to reduce neck fat fast with step by step procedure to understand each activity. Let’s have a look into them.
1. Blowing Air:
Blowing air is an effective way to lose fat and flabbiness around the neck. It works the muscles in your cheeks and the neck area. It targets your cheeks, chin explicitly giving you a leaner look.
How To Do:
- Sit with your spine erect on a low back chair.
- Push your head backward as far as possible so that your face is facing the ceiling.
- Blow air out of your mouth by holding your lips together.
- Continue this process for about 10 to 20 seconds.
- Hold your neck in that position and slowly release it.
- Do this exercise 2 to three times or as many times as you want.
2. Fish Face:
If you’re going to tone your cheek and chin muscles effectively, the fish face is your exercise. It stretches your cheek muscles, significantly reducing flabbiness in your neck area.
How To Do:
- Stand or sit comfortably.
- Now suck air in your cheeks and lips, making a shape like a fish mouth.
- Try to smile in that pose for at least 5 seconds.
- When you do it, you will feel the burn in your cheeks and jaws.
- You can repeat it as much as you can.
3. Chewing Gum:
Chewing gum is a habit for many people. What if we tell you it can reduce fat in your neck? Yes, chewing gum can get rid of double chin in many ways. And eating it regularly is like a workout session for your face muscles, jaw especially. Ruminating a gum in your mouth makes you feel better about the food you eat and doesn’t let you give in to cravings.
4. Ball Exercise:
Image Credit: Wikihow
Adding a tool or a device to your exercise routine to make it more interesting. Keep a small, easily squeezable ball around so that you can do this ball exercise and have fun while losing fat around your neck.
How To Do:
- This exercise is done best when we do it in a seating position.
- Sit erect and keep yourself relaxed.
- Now place the ball under your chin.
- Slowly push your chin downward, applying pressure on that ball from the opposite direction.
- You can do this 20 to 30 times per sitting.
5. Neck Glides:
You can do neck glides in a forward-backwards motion and towards the sides. It reduces tension in your muscles, and thereby neck exercises are more effective. Regularly performing these will also make the neck into shape.
How To Do:
- Stand erect or sit comfortably on a low back chair with your legs apart.
- Glide your neck to the left without moving your shoulder and hold it for 5 seconds and back to normal.
- Now glide your neck towards the right and hold it for 5 seconds and back to the centre.
- Repeat it on both the sides of the neck at least 20-30 times.
- You can stand or sit in a comfortable position.
- Take a deep breath and glide your neck towards the front, pushing your jaw to the maximum extent.
- Hold it for 5 seconds and push back without lowering your jaw. Repeat 20 times.
6. Self Neck Traction:
Besides sitting and working with correct posture, you can get rid of fatty neck humps with regular exercises. Self neck traction is an exercise that helps get rid of unwanted fat in your neck. This exercise will not only remove the neck humps but also relax the adjoining muscles and remove the pain.
How To Do:
- Lie down on your back, and your whole body should be touching the ground.
- Now, put your legs up at 60 degrees angle.
- Slowly put one hand at the back of your head and another on your chest.
- Now, maintaining pressure on the hand on your chest, use your other hand to pull up your neck as much as possible.
- It is necessary to feel the stretch in your neck and hold it in that position for 10 seconds.
- Slowly get into resting position.
- Repeat the exercise for 15 to 20 times, and it is best to take the five-second gap after five stretches.
7. Neck Stretch:
The neck retraction stretch is a type of stretch that is best to fix your forward line. It also helps you reduce those back humps that are very uncomfortable and ugly.
How To Do:
- Stand erect with a couple of feet between your feet and put your hands on your sides.
- Tilt your face a bit lower without rounding your shoulders.
- Keep your neck retracted for 10 seconds.
- Slowly pull your neck back as far as it seems comfortable.
- Maintain the stretch till you feel the pressure in your neck and hold it for 10 seconds.
- Slowly bring your neck into a normal position.
- Try to do ten sets at least three times.
8. Neck Rotation:
Rotation is one of the simple and best exercises to get rid of neck fat, especially double chin. It is possible because rotations blood circulation to your shoulders, making them durable and keeping shoulder related problems at bay.
How To Do:
- Stand erect or sit in a low back chair with a straight back. Keep your feet apart.
- Without moving your shoulder, turn your head in the clockwise direction.
- Circularly rotate your neck, stretching as much as possible.
- Rotate your neck 20 times before stopping at the initial position.
- Repeat the same process anti-clockwise 20 times.
- You can gradually increase the count once you are comfortable.
- It is crucial to keep your back straight and not to bend your shoulders.
9. Chin Slap:
Chin slap is an exercise that needs to be done several times a day for it to be effective. You can do it anytime and anywhere. It is said that during the good old days, actresses were spotted performing this exercise to keep the chin in shape and also control your double chin.
How To Do:
- You can stand or sit anywhere.
- With one hand at the back of your head, make a fist with another hand.
- Start slapping the lower chin area or double chin.
- Increase the speed after initial slapping and keep doing it up to the point of your tolerance. Do not overdo it initially.
- Do it for at least 10 minutes.
- It has to be done 5 to 6 times a day for effective results.
10. Lip Pull:
Lip pull is an exercise or stretch that helps tone your jawlines, chin muscles, and side muscles. To perform this exercise:
How To Do:
- Stand straight and look forward like you usually do.
- Push out your jaw as much as you can without moving your shoulders.
- Once you reach the limit till which you can stretch your jaw, lift your lower lip as high as possible.
- Hold up in this position for 10 seconds and then come back to the previous posture.
- Repeat this cycle at least ten times and gradually increase the count.
- This stretch has maximum effect under the chin, lower jaws, and jawline.
- It is advised not to perform this exercise immediately after meals
11. Open and Close The Mouth:
Many of us may think how can just opening and closing your mouth reduce fat? As silly as it sounds, it is something we do every day. But doing it the right way is the right way to get the results you want.
How To Do:
- Stand normally with your head in a comfortable position.
- Without moving your shoulders, push your neck backward as much as possible.
- Now open your mouth wide open and close it again. Do it as slowly as possible.
- You can feel the tension of this stretch in the neck area every time you open your mouth.
- To get visible results, perform this routine 10-15 times in one cycle.
- Try to take a break in between for your muscles to recover.
- The pause also tones your neck.
12. Side Stretches:
We cannot control how fats get deposited in our bodies. The problem with fat deposits is that it may not be positioned necessarily vertically. This is the reason why you have to add some side stretches to burn the excess fat deposits horizontally.
How To Do:
- Stand erect with your shoulder squared and relaxed.
- Touch your left ear with your right arm wrapped around the neck.
- Slowly bend your neck towards the right shoulder.
- Remain in the position for 5 minutes and release.
- Repeat the same process with the left arm and right ear.
13. Towel Pulls:
A towel can make an excellent addition to neck exercises. There are many ways where you can incorporate these simple stretches to get a curvy neck you desired. These stretches are essential in preventing shagginess and fat accumulation in the throat.
How To Do:
- Roll a towel along the length of your shoulders.
- Now join the ends and start pulling the towel and your head in opposite directions.
- Do it several times for effective results.
- Another way to do it is by doing it on sides.
- Put a towel around the neck but sideways.
- Repeat the same process keeping your shoulder straight.
Tips To Reduce Neck Fat:
- Reduce the number of calories you take daily.
- Another best way to lose neck fat is to lose extra pounds all over the body.
- Drink lots of water, keeping you hydrated.
- Do simple neck exercises mentioned in this article according to your convenience.
- Eat healthy carbs and lean proteins.
- Add fruits and vegetables to your diet instead of junk food.
Along with working the exercises, it is necessary to cleanse your system of all the toxins, which results in weight loss quickly. Gradually increase the exercise count, not to overwhelm yourself. For the neck region, especially, drink warm water to beat the accumulating fat from inside neck.
Let us know what you think about these 13 best exercises to reduce neck fat and let us know if you have any doubts or concerns. We would love to assist you with the best solutions and answers.