17 Excellent Canola Oil Benefits With Nutritional Facts
With rising health consciousness in the modern world, people are switching to better food options. After the buzz about unhealthy oils in the market, there is a rising demand for heart-friendly products. Canola oil is the latest sensation in the health industry and is regarded as one of the best cooking oils. Relatively new to the Indian market, this oil is gaining popularity for its low cholesterol levels and blood sugar-regulating properties. It is also rich in Omega fatty acids, which can do plenty of good for your skin, hair and body. Let’s take a look at the amazing Canola oil benefits.
What Is Canola Oil?
Canola oil is the oil extracted from Canola plant and is native to Canada. Its scientific name is “Brassica Napus. It has the lowest levels of Saturated fat, which makes it a healthy cooking oil. Canola oil is available in the market in packaged, bottled and spray versions. Canola oil is the second largest produced oil crop in the world and is used in beauty products as well.
Is Canola Oil Good For Health?
Canola oil is a rich source of Vitamin A and Vitamin K, which are essential for a healthy body. It has low-fat content compared to the other varieties of oils. Canola oil is also recommended for heart patients, as it is known to reduce the risk of sudden strokes due to blockages. It is also believed that Canola oil can strengthen bones and regular blood sugar levels.
How To Use Canola Oil?
Canola Oil can be used for cooking purposes for making almost all cuisines. It has a distinct smell, which can enhance the flavour of your salads and raw food. Canola oil also has a high cooking temperature and can be used for making Indian food as well. You can use Canola spray for reducing the oil content in your Dosas and Chapatis.
Canola Oil Nutrition Facts:
Here is the nutritional value of Canola Oil per 100 grams of serving:
- Total calories: 884
- Total Fat: 100 gm
- Saturated Fat: 8 gm
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 26 gm
- Trans Fat: 1.8 gm
- Cholesterol: 0 %
- Vitamin K: 59 %
- Vitamin A: 182 %
Amazing Canola Oil Benefits:
One of the finest ways to provide yourself with the best care from nature is to avail canola oil. It is considered to be healthy for the stomach, skin, hair, etc. Below we have 17 best canola oil uses for you.
1. Rich Source Of Vitamin E:
Canola Oil is a good source of Vitamin E. It protects your body fats and keeps the proteins free from any radical damage. It will also help in reducing any kind of heart disease, cancer or memory loss. Since it is so full of nutrition and health, you will be able to able to live an active, free and healthy life. All you need to do is add this oil while cooking or massage it all over your body. You will be surprised seeing what canola oil can do to you.
2. Anti-Inflammatory Properties:
Canola Oil will also help in the reduction of inflammation. If you feel any pain in your joint or muscles, consider canola oil as your remedy. Even serious conditions such as chronic arthritis can be reduced and eradicated with the help of this. People who suffer from bowel disorders and asthma have also tried canola oil. It has been effective indeed and helped people in several ways all across the world. Since it is full of omega 3 fatty acids, you can expect this cooking oil to do great wonders to your health.
3. Lowers LDL levels:
The third way to use canola oil to your benefit is by making it a part of your diet. This will lower your cholesterol and promote a healthy lifestyle. Since it is rich in monosaturated fats, it will help in the reduction of LDL which is bad cholesterol and the increment of HDL which is good cholesterol. In this way, it will inhibit the absorption of cholesterol in your body and stimulate a profile that is a lipid.
4. Moisturizes Skin:
Canola oil is great for those who have dry skin. It is available in the grocery stores and you can easily buy them at any time of the year. This will work as a moisturizer on your dry or rough skin.
How To Use:
- Since this oil has an uncomfortable odour, you can mix it with a few drops of lavender oil so that there is a sweet fragrance all over your body.
- A common way to apply this oil is by spraying it all over your body and massaging it for five minutes before you shower.
5. Makes Hair Frizz-Free:
People with frizzy and dry hair can now easily find a solution to their bad hair day problems with the help of canola oil.
How To Use:
- To use Canola oil for hair, all you need to do is take a few tablespoons of canola oil and mix it in a glass full of water.
- Now add this mixture into a spray bottle. After you have done that, shake this mixture well.
- Now you can just spray it all over your hair before you leave your place.
- Also, apply some hair serum on top that so that it doesn’t smell.
6. The Best Food Partner:
Health experts and doctors have long recognized the benefits of Canola oil for cooking. You can use it as a salad dressing. It acts as much better cooking oil as compared to olive oil or sunflower oil.
How To Use:
- Since it has a high heat tolerance, it can be used for baking, frying, grilling and stir-frying.
- Since it has a light and simple texture, you should use it as many times as possible.
See More: How To Use Olive Oil For Stretch Marks
7. Can Treat Dandruff:
Canola oil can also help in getting rid of dandruff. People who have itchy and flaky scalp can now use canola oil and goodbye to dandruff for forever.
How To Use:
- Take some tea tree oil and mix it with canola oil.
- Warm the mixture and wait for it to come to room temperature.
- After it has, apply and massage this mix from root to tip.
- Wash your hair an hour later with a mild shampoo and condition it well.
- This is one of the best Canola oil benefits for hair.
8. Can Be Used For Body Massage:
A great way to use Canola oil is to use it as a body oil. Massage it all over your body in order to soothe and nurture your skin.
How To Use:
- All you need to do is mix some canola oil with rose or lavender oil and warm it for a couple of minutes.
- After it has come to room temperature, use it all over your body.
- You will be able to moisturize your dry and flaky skin with the help of this effectively.
9. Fights Skin Infections:
Canola oil benefits for skin are numerous. Scabs, scars, eczema and other rashes that appear on the skin can be easily deal with the help of this amazing nutritious oil. This will warm your body, relax your senses and treat all blemishes. According to the study, skin that has been destroyed with infections can be treated by using the perfect combination of canola and fish oil. Not just that, after using Canola oil for your skin, it will feel fresh, smooth and supple after this. You can carelessly say goodbye to all kinds of skin infections if you consume canola oil on a daily basis.
10. Stops Hair Fall and Thinning:
If you want to stop hair fall, consider canola oil as your ultimate remedy. It will boost hair growth and make your thick, long and strong. According to many studies conducted on these issues, it has been proved that this oil is quite helpful in reducing some of the most important issues with the hair fall being the most important one.
How To Use:
- All you have to do is apply some canola oil, olive oil and almond oil together and massage this mixture from the roots to the tips.
- You can leave it on your hair for 20 minutes and then wash it off with herbal shampoo.
- Condition it well and bid farewell to hair fall.
11. Benefits Of Canola Oil For Cooking:
The advantages of canola oil in cooking are plenty. It tastes different than the other ones such as sunflower or olive but it does have wide-spreading benefits when it comes to stomach health. The crushed canola seeds secrete less saturated fat and such fewer proportions of fats are actually good for the body as they cause no kind of cholesterol imbalances. This is one of the most important canola oil benefits and it makes it one of the healthiest oils out there.
12. Friendly For Your Heart:
One of the best Canola Oil health benefits is its ability to protect your heart. It is a proved fact and that is why people have become so curious about consuming this oil on a daily basis, especially heart patients. The plant sterol level in this oil is quite high and that is what makes it so good for the heart. You will be provided with a healthy and happy heart if you start consuming this oil from a young age. According to many studies, it has been proved that this oil has assisted in fighting many heart diseases till date and that is why this oil is such an important natural source of medication for the heart.
See More: Neem Oil Uses For Hair
13. Prevent Signs Of Aging:
Dry skin is usually prone to wrinkles due to lack of elasticity. Using canola oil for dry skin can help in nourishing it from deep within and improving its quality. According to many researchers conducted on this oil, it has been proved that it is really good for reducing the varied signs of ageing and because of that it is one of the most important things out there that can be consumed on a daily basis that will promote a young look as well and serve many other healthy purposes as well.
14. Improves Energy Levels:
Canola oil is good for boosting your energy levels with just 100 grams of providing around 884 Calories. It contains a high percentage of healthy fat as opposed to other oils which contain Saturated Fatty Acids.
How To Use:
- You can easily incorporate canola oil in your food by drizzling some on your salads and soups.
15. Aids In Weight Loss:
Choosing the right oil is quite a challenge for Weight loss aspirants. Canola oil is definitely the best fit amongst oils with its low amounts of saturated fats and almost zero cholesterol levels. It can lower your LDL levels and also improve the good fat in your body. Omega fatty acids also help in regulating blood pressure and heart diseases.
16. Protects Cell Membranes:
Canola oil is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which can protect the free cell damage. It shields cell membranes from damage caused due to oxidation when compared to olive and other vegetable oils. It also encourages new cell growth and repairs damage easily. Canola oil is also said to be good for mucous membranes.
17. Improves Glycaemic Control:
Canola oil is a part of the Low GI diet, as it is known to regulate blood sugar levels. It is a perfect oil for Diabetic patients and is known to control Type-2 Diabetes. Canola oil also has scored quite low in Cardiovascular risks, making it the best one for your heart as well. Consuming food prepared with Canola oil can improve your health conditions, along with taking necessary medications.
See More: Sweet Almond Oil For Hair
Canola Oil Side Effects:
Although Canola oil is known for its good benefits to health, it certainly comes with a set of side effects and risks:
- 90% of Canola Oil is genetically modified, which can harm your health. Go for organic Canola oil to avoid these issues.
- Using partially hydrogenated Canola oil can cause inflammation of Arteries.
- Canola oil contains a harmful mustard gas.
- The Euroric acid present in canola oil is known to pose severe health risks.
- Overconsumption of this oil can increase fatty acids in the body.
The Canola Oil Health Benefits are known to the western countries, who have been using them for many centuries. It is slowly making its way into the Indian market and is recommended by the doctors. Using this oil along with other oils and a balanced diet can help in improving your health condition and prevent major risks to your heart. So, what are you waiting for? Go for Organic Canola oil and open your doors to healthy well-being!