18 Amazing Benefits Of Lemon For Skin, Hair & Health
Lemon is a well-known species of a small evergreen tree from the family of Rutaceae Plant. These plants are native in the region of South Asia. Thanks to the vitamins in lemon and also the lemon nutrition, the benefits of lemon have become popular in the entire world. Though the exact origin of the lemon is unknown it is assumed that it was first grown in the regions of Assam, Northern Burma or China.
Just like the origin, it is also assumed that the lemons were first cultivated in the 15th century. Coming to the popular names of lemon, then it has its popular scientific name as Citrus X Limon. Apart from the scientific name of lemon, it is also popularly known with different names in different languages. Some of the popular names that lemon has in different languages are as follow:
- Telugu: Nimmakaya
- Hindi: Neemboo
- Tamil: Elumiccai
- Gujarati: Limbu
What Is Lemon?
Lemon is one of the most beneficial ingredients for health. It contains many nutrients as well as antioxidants which helps in improving the overall health of the body by using the benefits of lemon. Lemon is a pale yellow coloured citrus fruit which comes with thick skin and fragrant.
The plants that produce lemons are cultivated only in the warm seasons as well as warm regions. There are several uses of lemon from which you can get all essential lemon health benefits.
Are Lemons Healthy?
The various advantages of lemon signify how healthy it is to include lemon in your diet. Thanks to the multiple benefits of eating lemons you can strengthen your body against all the possible diseases. The fresh lemon juice nutrition helps the maximum in enriching the health aspects of lemon for its users. You can trust the health aspects of lemon juice by understanding the various benefits of drinking lemon juice according to the recommended amount and need.
Importance Of Lemon:
Lemons hold great importance in the day-to-day lifestyle. The lemon properties are so well suited with the human body that it helps in improving the overall health and other needs of the users. You can get the benefits of lemon water in the morning for your health, hair, and skin. Even the health experts now support the lemon water nutrition and thus now is being more by the common people. In short, it can be summarised that lemons and health benefits go hand-in-hand for all the users if taken in the right and the adequate amount which highlights the importance of lemon.
Nutritional Value Of Lemon:
It won’t be wrong to say that it is the nutritional content of lemon which has made it popular amongst the users. The lemon juice nutrition has indicated the various benefits of fresh lemon juice. There are still some of the people whose concern is related to is lemon juice healthy or what are the advantages of lemon. For all those users, the Limon nutrition and the lemon fruit benefits are the correct answer.
Coming to the nutritional value of lemon, it helps the users to be sure of the vitamins in lemon juice as well as about how many calories does a lemon have. It is quite essential to have the desired idea about lemon nutrition to never miss any of the essential lemon benefits for the body.
Are you interested in knowing the nutritional value of lemon? Here is some of the essential information about the lemon nutritional value:
- Calories: 17
- Total Fat: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 1.2 mg
- Potassium: 80 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Dietary Fibers: 1.6 g
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Proteins: 0.6 g
- Calcium: 1 % of Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Vitamin C: 51 % of RDI
- Iron: 1 % of RDI
- Magnesium: 1 % of RDI
Importance Of Lemon Water:
You must have heard about the importance of lemon water for the effective growth of your skin’s beauty and health. In reality, there are a lot of benefits to drinking lemon water regularly. It not only helps in losing weight but it also nourishes the health of the users. To get the maximum benefits of lemon water, you should not skip drinking lemon water in the morning.
Drinking lemon water in the morning removes all the toxins from the body and thus makes it healthy and fit in all aspects. You can also try going on the lemon water diet in case you need a lot of its benefits.
How To Make Lemon Water At Home?
After you have realised the importance of lemon water for your health, skin, and hair, the next thing that follows is to take the maximum advantages of lemon water by knowing how to make lemon water. To get the maximum optimal results from the various uses of lemon water, you should be aware of how you can make the lemon water conveniently.
It is quite very simple to get all the relevant information about how to make lemon water. You can follow these steps for making lemon water:
- Cut and squeeze fresh lemon.
- Mix the lemon juice with some amount of water.
- You can also add some amount of sugar if needed.
To reduce the effects of lemon water and to get the benefits of lemon water use a straw for drinking lemon water and rinse your mouth after drinking lemon water.
Importance Of Lemon Juice:
Lemon juice is extremely important for your health as well as for your skin and hair. Regularly drinking lemon juice helps the users to get the lemon juice benefits for the overall growth of the body’s health. Mix some fresh lemon juice with warm water and then have it in the morning on an empty stomach. This will help in maintaining the PH level of the body.
As lemon juice is quite rich in various vitamins such as vitamin C along with calcium, potassium, etc. it helps in reducing weight as well as in improving the digestion power of the body. Drinking lemon juice will only serve you with the various health benefits of lemon juice by delivering you the various advantages of lemon juice.
There are several pure lemon juice benefits that you can get by making the various uses of lemon juice.
How To Make Lemon Juice At Home?
Easy to get the various uses of lemon juice for health, by making lemon juice at home. You simply need some fresh lemons to get the fresh lemon juice out of them for availing the lemon juice benefits. You will realize the benefits of drinking lemon juice if you have made the lemon juice using the correct method.
Here are the easy steps that you need to follow for making lemon juice:
- Cut a fresh lemon in 2 halves.
- Squeeze both the halves of lemon, one after the other, in a bowl or cup by making the use of a suitable squeezing element.
- Add some water in the squeezed juice.
- You can also add some sugar if you like.
With these simple steps, you can get the various health benefits of lemon juice along with the advantages of lemon juice.
Importance Of Lemon Tea:
Apart from the benefits of the lemon water and lemon juice, you also can get the benefits of lemon tea in the easiest manner possible. Lemon tea is as easy to make as you can imagine and it delivers the needed and essential benefits to the body. The major importance of lemon tea, based on the lemon uses for the body, is the improvement in the digestive power of the body.
The regular consumption of lemon tea helps in removing the toxins from the body and thus helps in improving the digestive strength of the body. Lemon tea is one of the perfect forms for getting the lemon benefits for the body with minimal hassles.
How To Make Lemon Tea At Home:
Here is the simple recipe of lemon tea that you can try along with the ingredients needed:
- Lemon peels
Steps To Follow:
- Boil some water in the bowl or any container.
- Then add some cubed ginger in the boiling water and let it boil along with water, on a slow flame, for some time.
- Now add some lemon peels in the water and again let it boil with the water for some time at the low gas flame.
- Strain the ginger and lemon peels from the water with the help of a strainer.
- Pour this water in a cup and then add a tea bag in the cup and dip it for 2-4 times in the cup.
- Remove the tea bag after some time and then you are ready with your lemon tea for being served hot.
Benefits Of Lemon For Health, Hair & Skin:
Have a look at these incredible lemon fruit benefits meant for the human body needs:
Lemon Health Benefits:
Till now, we have been talking about the benefits of eating lemons along with the importance of lemon for the human body. If you still doubt are lemons healthy, then these lemon health benefits would clear all your doubts within no time.
1. Maintaining A Healthy Blood Pressure:
The regular use of hot lemon water in your diet is seen to deliver the desired positive results for maintaining healthy blood pressure. This is one of the major benefits of lemon water that makes lemons so special in the daily routine of the users. The antioxidants present in lemons are known to deliver the desired benefits to the body along with fighting with the free radicals available in the body.
How To Consume:
- Drink a glass of lemon juice in the morning and keep your blood pressure under the limit.
- With the regular drinking lemon water for 2 months, you can get the ultimate results.
2. Improves Digestion:
Lemon is one of the best remedies that you can try for improving your digestion process. This is one of the major benefits of hot lemon water in the morning time. The antioxidants along with the anti-bacterial properties of lemon are known for reducing the problem of indigestion along with many other stomach related issues. The available lemon vitamin content helps the users to get the desired benefits in case of indigestion along with other stomach problems.
How To Consume:
- Squeeze some lemons in a glass and add warm water in it and then drink in the morning on an empty stomach to get the best digestion improvement.
3. Improves Heart Health:
Drinking warm lemon water is also known to deliver the needed benefits for improving the heart health of its users. The various antioxidants present in lemons are known to remove all the toxins from the body and thus helps to clear the body to make it strong against the heart-related problems. Also, the hot lemon water is known to clear the blockages in the heart arteries and thus stimulates the flow of blood in them which further improves the heart health of the users.
How To Consume:
- Drink a glass of lemon water in the morning as well as in the evening for making your heart stronger.
4. Prevents Kidney Stones:
Kidney stones are the growing problems in the people due to the busy and unbalanced lifestyle. This problem can be quite painful and in some cases can get extreme as well, if left unattended. This is where you can get the benefits of lemon and water. The antioxidants along with the anti-inflammation properties of lemon help in minimizing the problem of kidney stones along with treating its symptoms as well as associated problems for all of its users.
How To Consume:
- Drinking 2 glasses of warm lemon water in the morning on empty stomach help in getting rid of the problem of kidney stones.
5. Internal Bleeding:
The antiseptic, as well as the coagulant properties of lemon, are majorly responsible for controlling and stopping the internal bleeding’s. With these lemon uses for health, you can certainly be sure about the concerning doubt is lemon good for you. Yes, they are, not only for delivering the benefits to the outer beauty but also for benefiting the internal problems of the body.
How To Consume:
- You can try the various uses of lemon juice and can get instant relief against the problem of internal bleeding.
- Along with this, the regular intake of lemon with warm water can bring in the desired benefits in solving the problem from the root cause.
6. Dental Health:
Apart from the various lemon uses for face and benefits of lemon water for skin, you can get the benefits of lemon for your dental health as well. Simply add some of the lemon juice drops in your toothpaste and then brush your teeth using that. This will help in whitening your teeth as well as making them stronger against the gum problems.
How To Use:
- You can also try mixing some of the mustard oil along with some lemon juice and salt to brush your teeth.
- The regular use of this mixture for 5-7 days will reduce all the possible problems related to dental health.
See More: Lemon Diet Plan
7. Treat Cold and Fever:
Thanks to the presence of a high amount of vitamin C in lemons, they can be used for treating cold and fever as well. The various antioxidants present in lemons bring the maximum relief against the problem of cold and fever. These antioxidants help in removing the toxins from the body and thus strengthening the body against the attack of microorganism attack. This is one of those health benefits of lemon water which can be used on an everyday basis for reducing the effects of these common problems.
How To Consume:
- Warm some water and add some lemon juice drops in that along with 1 tablespoon of honey for fighting against cold and fever.
8. Aids In Weight Loss:
We all know how difficult it is to lose those extra kilos even with a lot of exercises. You have to start with some special diets as well as have to compromise with the taste of your unique food items for shedding those extra kilos. But do you know you can use warm lemon water for losing your weight?
How To Consume:
- You can get the desired benefits of warm lemon water by having a glass of warm lemon juice in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Continue drinking this warm lemon juice for a good 3-4 months to witness the positive result for weight loss.
9. Preventing Asthma:
One of the other health benefits of lemon water is its ability to treat asthma. With the regular use of lemon water or lemon juice, you can control the problem of asthma to the maximum. It is not just asthma that the lemons can control, but you can also control the associated symptoms and problems of asthma.
How To Consume:
- Warm some water and add some lemon juice in it and drink it both in the morning as well as in the evening for getting better results.
- Within no time, your body will show the desired positive results against the problem of asthma.
10. Detoxifies The Body:
The antioxidants of the lemon juice along with its richness with vitamin C helps in removing the toxins from the body and thus results in making it strong to fight against the possible problems. Along with this, the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon juice helps in controlling the other problems that may have occurred due to the slow detoxification of the body.
How To Consume:
- The regular drinking of 2 glasses of warm lemon water helps in reaping all the desired benefits for detoxifying the body against its impurities.
- Continue drinking lemon water for 2-3 months for removing all the toxins from the body.
11. Soothes Respiratory Disorders:
Thanks to the presence of a good amount of vitamin C in lemons, they can be used for soothing the respiratory disorders. This is one of the positive effects of lemon juice for the human body which can reduce even the long-term respiratory disorders from the body. Along with this, the anti-bacterial properties of lemons also bring positive results for throat infections.
How To Consume:
- Be regular and consistent with the consumption of lemon water in your diet and you can get rid of your respiratory problems within no time and with minimal struggles and hassles.
Lemon Benefits For Skin:
After considering the various health benefits that you can get from lemon, now let us have a look at the various lemon benefits for the skin. Lemon for skin is one of the best ingredients that can be used for getting the various benefits of lemon water for skin.
According to the lemon nutrition info, lemons are quite beneficial in making the skin refreshing along with reducing many common skin problems without any hassles. Thanks to the various vitamins and minerals in lemon, you can get the following benefits for your skin:
12. Reduce Acne and Blackheads:
Have you ever tried applying lemon on the face? If not then you are missing on to something very essential for your skin health along with the various benefits of lemon on the face. The various properties of lemon indicate the fact that you can easily use lemon for skin whitening. Most of the health experts are also supporting the benefits of lemon skin nutrition for enhancing beauty.
How To Use:
- The regular use of lemon either in the water form or in the juice form brings maximum relief against the problems of acne and blackheads.
- Rather than applying lemon on face overnight, you can try drinking lemon water or juice on an empty stomach every morning.
- The astringent properties of lemon help in reducing the effects of acne and blackheads along with minimizing the scars on the face.
See More: Lemon Ginger Tea Benefits
13. Skin Whitening:
Due to the effect of free radicals in the body, you may lose the whitening glow of your skin. Trying the various ingredients may take some time and also may cause some side effects on your skin. This is where you can make the lemon benefits for skin and can rely on the lemon skin care. Along with fighting the free radicals in the body, the various uses of lemon for skin also removes the toxins from the skin.
How To Use:
- The regular use of lemon on skin removes all the dirt and impurities from the skin and thus leaves it clear and with glowing whitening.
- Before going to sleep, apply lemon juice for skin and massage a bit with that, then rinse your face with normal water.
14. Remove Scars and Age Spots:
If you still are thinking, is lemon good for skin, then you should try the lemon juice benefits for the skin. The various vitamins in lemon are quite essential for removing the scars from the face and also for reducing the age spots from the face. The antioxidants available in lemon are the main secret behind the effectiveness of lemon juice benefits for the skin.
How To Use:
- You can mix some lemon juice with aloe vera gel and honey and then apply it on your face for getting the desired benefits of lemon on the face.
- Massage with this mixture for 20 minutes before washing off.
- You can also get the benefits of lemon drink for getting the glowing and youthful skin.
15. Chapped Lips:
The chapped lip is one common problem of winter and can happen to anyone. Do you know you can get the skin benefits of lemon for your chapped lips? The use of lemon on the face is quite famous as it helps in fighting the problem of chapped lips in the easiest manner possible. You can apply lemon on face daily and then witness the glow and charm that you get on your face.
How To Use:
- For your chapped lips, you can mix some of the lemon juice with sugar and then use it as a scrub for massaging on the chapped lips.
- Make sure that you massage gently on the lips to reduce any further problems with chapped lips.
- With regular use of lemon juice on chapped lips, you can get rid of them within no time.
With all these skin benefits of lemon, you would have got the answer about is lemon good for the face? You just have to be sure of how to use lemon on the face for getting the benefits of lemon for face whitening along with the various other effects of lemon on the face.
Lemon Benefits For Hair:
Apart from the use of lemon juice on the face, you can also use this magical ingredient for your hair. Yes, lemon for hair is nothing less than the best things that you can do to your hair to make them smooth, shinier and healthy.
You are still not aware of how to use lemon for hair growth? If this is your case as well, then these benefits of lemon juice for hair would be quite interesting for you. Let us have a look at the following benefits that you can expect from the lemon on your hair:
16. Cure Dandruff:
Dandruff problem is something with which we all can relate to. Due to our modern and hectic schedule, dandruff is quite a common problem that you can face on your scalp and hair. Although, there are many remedies available for treating dandruff but using lemon juice in hair is by far considered as the best.
The antioxidants present in lemon are quite helpful in removing the problem of dandruff from the root. The regular consumption, as well as the regular application of lemon juice on the scalp and hair, can bring many positive benefits for the users.
How To Use:
- Mix some of the lemon juice with almond oil and then apply the same mixture on your scalp and massage for some time, if possible leave this mixture for overnight.
- After that, wash off your hair with normal water and get rid of dandruff.
- You can also drink lemon water and fight the problem of dandruff and dry scalp.
17. Treat Oily Scalp:
Another use of lemon for hair is the treatment of oily scalp. Again the main focus should be on how to apply lemon on hair so that you may get the maximum benefits. Oily scalp is quite attractive towards the dirt and pollution and thus have the maximum chances to get damaged faster. This comes in the way of stronger hair as well as hair growth. To get rid of this, you can use lemon oil for hair growth and also reduce the oil content on the scalp.
How To Use:
- Applying the lemon water or juice on the hair or drinking a glass of lemon juice can prevent the clogging of hair follicles and thus reduces the oily scalp problem.
- This is one of the main lemons uses for hair which brings in a lot of benefits.
18. Thick and Lustrous Hair:
Is lemon good for hair? Yes, absolutely! You can rely on the lemon benefits for hair for making your hair thick and lustrous. Regularly applying lemon on hair helps in preventing several hair and scalp problems and thus provides only the desired benefits to the hair. You can also completely trust on the benefits of lemon for hair growth. One of the known lemon benefits for hair is that it makes the hair thick and lustrous.
How To Use:
- Mix some of the lemon juice with almond oil and coconut oil and then massage your scalp using the same mixture.
- You can also drink a glass of fresh lemon juice for getting the benefits of lemon juice for hair growth along with lemon juice hair loss.
So, when are you starting with the use of lemon for your hair? Be sure of how to use lemon for hair and make the most of this ingredient.
See More: How To Use Lemon For Weight Loss
Side Effects Of Lemon:
Thanks to the lemon nutritional benefits, it is used for several uses. But all these benefits from lemon are limited when lemon is taken in the adequate amount. The lemon nutrition facts are so that they may different reactions on different users. Therefore, the side effects of lemon on the face cannot be predicted before.
However, on a general note, all the side effects of lemon generally occur when it is taken in excess amount. Some of the disadvantages of lemon juice on the face are as follow:
- Skin allergies.
- Frequent urination.
- Can cause migration in patients.
- Enhance the iron content in the blood.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Decay tooth enamel.
- Canker sores.
To reduce the lemon on face side effects and to get only the benefits from the healthy lemon drink make sure that you consult with your doctor and health experts before starting with any dosage of lemon.
With this information on the lemons and its health benefits, you can be sure that lemons are one of the best ingredients that you can use on your face and for your health and hair. The various uses of lemon speak for the importance that lemon has in the daily routine. Simply have a glass of lemon juice in the morning and keep your health, skin, and hair all sorted with its benefits.
If you still have any doubts and concerns about lemon and with the benefits of lemon, then please do comment them below. We would get back to you with the best possible information about the lemon health benefits and how you can make the most of it. So are you ready to get the lemon uses for health?