Top 5 Anti Aging Face Yoga For Youthful and Glowing Skin!
Here comes the popular anti aging yoga poses. In this world of adulteration and poor lifestyle where the icing on the cake is the dust and pollution, premature aging is bound to happen. Though we might not realise our body cringes with the crap that we feed it with. If those premature greys and wrinkles are jeopardising you into premature aging and putting you in awkward silence when someone mistakes you for an age much older than what you are, then this article is just for you.
Yoga, as we all know, is a beautiful form of exercise that feeds our body, mind, and soul and helps it heal naturally. The blood circulation is improved, and the stress is reduced, thereby bringing back that glow on our skin. Yoga and aging are inversely related. The more you practice yoga, the younger you will look. Here is a list of top anti aging yoga poses that will benefit you immensely.
5 Anti Aging Yoga Asanas to Hide Your Age:
The following are the 5 best anti aging yoga poses one must try their hands on.
Also known as: Lion Pose
- Improves the blood circulation, especially in the face and nourishes them from inside. Good anti aging face yoga.
- It smoothens the wrinkles and makes a face glow.
- The nerves of the eyes are stimulated thereby improving the vision.
- Helps you stay healthy, active and disease-free.
How to do it:
- Kneel down on the floor and cross your legs in a manner that the right ankle crosses over the back of the left ankle.
- Let the feet pointing outwards and perineum pressed down on the top of the heels
- Press the palms against the floor with fingers stretched and stretch your neck and spine towards the ceiling.
- Now inhale through your mouth and while doing so, open your mouth and stretch out the tongue. Keep eyes wide open and exhale through your mouth, making the distinct sound of “Haa.”
- This asana is safe for practice for everyone, and there is no restriction.
- If however, you have a knee injury or difficulty in sitting down, you can practice the same facial exercise by sitting on the chair.
To know more about the asana, click here: Simhasana
Also known as: Bow Pose
- Improves digestion and appetite of a person
- Eliminates the toxins from the body which is a sign of a healthy body
- The hormones are balanced, and functions of the pancreas are normalized
- Eliminates the issues of back pain mainly caused due to wrong sitting postures
How to do it:
- Lie down flat on your stomach
- Now bend your legs from your knees and hold the ankles with your hands
- Pull your body upwards so that your thighs and torso are in the air and your body is balanced on your tummy.
- Inhale normally with a smile on your face.
- A person suffering from a hernia, blood pressure, migraine, lower back pain, neck injury or headache should avoid practicing this asana
- Pregnant women should also avoid this anti aging exercises yoga.
To know more about the asana, click here: Dhanurasana
Also known as: Fish Pose
- This anti aging yoga postures for 15 years younger improves the posture.
- This pose will eliminate any hunching and help you stand straight.
- This asana delays aging and makes you look young and vibrant.
- This posture improves digestion and keeps constipation at bay.
- Tension, stress or irritability is relieved and helps one stay fresh and active.
How to do it:
- Lie down on your back
- Cross your legs in a manner that the ankles are comfortably rested on the thighs and the knees and thighs are lying flat on the floor.
- Rest your elbows on the ground and slowly raise your chest in a manner that the head is pulled in and crown is rested on the floor.
- It’s crucial here that your elbows carry your body weight and not your head.
- Breathe normally and hold until you are comfortable.
- While releasing first lift your head and then drop your chest and at last untangle your legs.
- Blood pressure patients should avoid this pose.
- Insomnia and migraine patients should also abstain from doing matsyasana.
- Slipped disc patients should avoid this yoga for aging under all circumstances.
To know more about the asana, click here: Matsyasana
Also Known as: Tree Pose
- Improves the balance and brings stability in the body.
- This posture will keep you calm and composed.
- Self-confidence is boosted by practicing this yoga and anti aging asana regularly.
- Your concentration level is greatly improved, and one is less prone to forget things.
How to do it:
- Stand straight with your arms dropped to the side
- Now slightly bend the right knee and bring the right foot close to the left ankle.
- Slowly raise the right foot and place it on the left thigh with the left leg strongly grounded and straight.
- Slowly join both the hands and raise them up above the crown in the namaskar position.
- Take deep breaths and look straight at a distant object to maintain balance.
- While releasing gently bring the hands down and then release your right leg.
- Repeat the same process with the left leg.
- People suffering from high blood pressure should not raise their hands up above the crown but instead, keep them joined at the chest
- Migraine and insomnia patients should best avoid this asana.
To know more about the asana, click here: Vrikshasana
Also known as: Chair Pose
- The yoga anti aging benefits is it stimulates the heart and keeps the heart ailments at bay.
- The abdominal organs are strengthened, and digestion is improved.
- Your back is strengthened, and your stance and posture are improved.
- The pose is powerful to keep you motivated to get work down and makes you determined.
How to do it:
- Stand straight on your mat, keeping a slight distance between your feet.
- Stretch your arms forward with your palms facing downwards
- Slowly bend your knees and pose as if you are sitting on an imaginary chair.
- Try to hold comfortably in that pose and stretch your hands parallel to the floor.
- Avoid this yoga poses for anti aging if you have problems such as insomnia, low BP, arthritis, headache, sprain, chronic knee pain, etc.
- Be careful if you have lower back pain or if you are menstruating.
- Look straight in case you feel dizzy or experience neck pain.
- Stay in the pose only until you are comfortable and your body can retain the natural curve.
[Read More: Chair Yoga Poses]
Those above mentioned are the five best anti aging yoga poses that will make you look young and vibrant. Include them in your daily routine and say goodbye to wrinkles, grey hair, and other signs of aging. So have you tried these asanas? Share your experience in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers:
Q1. Can Yoga Reverse Aging?
Ans: The anti aging hormone present in the brain are boosted by regular practicing of yoga. A recent study by the American Board of anti-aging medicine revealed that practising deep meditation regularly can stimulate the production of three important hormones namely cortisol, DHEA and melatonin which are responsible for longevity, stress and enhanced well-being.
Q2. Can Yoga Make You Look Younger?
Ans: Practicing yoga and face yoga in particular tones the facial muscles and improves its flexibility. This, in turn, results in a reduction of wrinkles and sagging of skin and makes the skin firmer and brighter. This thus helps you look younger.
Q3. Does Yoga Reduce Wrinkles?
Ans: The primary cause of wrinkles is age, but stress and tension can also result in the same. With age, the flexibility of the skin is reduced, and thus the stretched skin fails to return to its normal position resulting in wrinkles. Regular practice of yoga not only improves the flexibility of the skin but also reduces the stress and tension and relaxes the mind. Thus with yoga, you can work on both the cause and effect of wrinkles and thus reduce wrinkles positively.
Q4. Does Yoga Slow Down Aging?
Ans: Studies have shown can yoga plays a vital role in slowing down the aging clock. Regular practising of yoga not only helps the muscles to remain limber but also increases the stay young hormones in the body and thereby slows down the aging process.
Q5. Which Facial Yoga Makes You Look Younger?
Ans: The following are the names of some of the yoga exercises that will help you look younger:
- Eye-firming cheek plumper exercise
- All over face toning exercise
- Jawline defined exercise