Top 9 Zero Oil Food Recipes
It is really the need of the day to eliminate oil from our kitchen, our diets and ultimately our body. Owing to today’s lifestyle, including unhealthy oils do a lot more harm to your body than you can imagine. Here are top nine delicious but zero oil foods for a healthy heart and body.
Zero Oil Food Recipes:
1. Potato Chips:
• 2 medium sized potatoes.
• Dry Parsley Leaves.
- Peel the potatoes and slice them in the form on thin chips.
- Line a baking sheet and arrange a layer of the sliced potatoes. Sprinkle the salt and the herbs on top to taste.
- Bake the chips for an hour, or till they turn golden brown and crisp, in a pre-heated oven at 175F.
2. Apple Crispies:
• 1 thinly sliced apple.
• Salt and chilli powder.
- Mix the spices with the sliced apples, and bake the slices for around 15 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 450F.
3. Bread Pakoda:
• Gram flour 2 cups.
• 8 Bread slices.
• 1/2 t spoon of red chilli powder.
• 1/2 t Spoon of garam masala powder.
- Mix all the Masala ingredients in a bowl.
- Take all the Coating ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Keep adding water gradually to make a lump-free batter of running consistency. Let the batter stay put for around 10-15 minutes.
- Spread the masala between two slices of bread and cut it into a desired shape if you want. Dip the prepared slices in the coating batter to cover both the sides evenly. Cook the same on a pre-heated griller.
4. Oats Dhokla:
• ½ cup quick cooking powdered oats and semolina, each.
• ¼ cup yoghurt.
• ½ tsp green chilli paste.
• ½ tsp fruit salt.
- Mix all the ingredients (except the fruit salt) with ¾ cup water in a bowl to make a smooth batter.
- Add the fruit salt and mix it well with a light hand. Pour the batter out into a container and steam it for around 8-10 minutes. Let it cool and cut it into desired shape.
5. Steamed Dahi Vada:
• 150 gm Moong Dal
• 150 gm Urad dal
• 1 inch piece ginger
• 1 pinch asafoetida
• Salt to taste
• ½ tsp Fruit salt
- Wash and soak the dals for around four hours. Drain the water and grind the two in a mixer, without adding any water. Empty the grinded dal in a bowl.
- Add salt, ginger and asafoetida to the coarse batter and beat it well. Add fruit salt and mix it well with light hands.
- Take a drop of oil and grease the moulds in an idli stand. Pour out enough water and boil it in the cooker ensuring the moulds in the idli stand are not covered in it.
- Take a spoon of the prepared batter and pour it in the moulds one by one. Let the dahivada mixture cook for around 10 minutes.
• 6 Corn tortillas.
• Refried Beans.
• ½ cup finely chopped spring onions,
• grated low fat cottage cheese and shredded cabbage, each.
- Take a portion of the refried beans, cabbage, spring onions and cottage cheese, and place it on an end on the tortilla.
- Roll up the tortilla, from the end where you have placed the filling. Do the same with the other tortillas. Heat up a non-stick pan, and cook the prepared burritos on the pan.
See More: Protein Shake Recipes
• 1 cup Flour.
• Finely shredded Broccoli.
• 1 cup chopped bean sprouts.
• Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare a stiff dough using the flour and water. Make thin chapatis from the prepared dough.
- Add the filling, broccoli, bean sprouts and salt & pepper. Close up the momos and steam them.
- For this snack, you can prepare the vada using the standard recipe, just without the oil. Instead of deep frying the vadas, roast them on a non-stick pan and treat your taste buds.
See More: Foods For Avoid To Going Before Walk
9. Sprout Chaat:
• 1 cup par boiled Moon dal.
• Coriander & Mint Chutney.
• Tamarind Chutney.
• Lemon Juice.
• Coriander leaves chopped.
• Salt and Chaat masala to taste.
• Grated carrot, raw mangoes and pomegranate.
- Mix all these ingredients well to make a delightful chaat. You can garnish the chaat with thin sev if you like.
See More: List Of Green Leafy Vegetables
Images Source: Shutter stock 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.