2 Months Old Baby: Here are Some Things you Should Know
: So, it is one month past your pregnancy. What happens to your 2-month-old baby? Well, a lot! When you look, you might notice that nothing has really changed. However, your baby is evolving and becoming a complete human being every single day. If you do not believe us, here is a look into all that you should know about your 2-month-old infant.
We have everything covered, starting from feeding practice to weight and length of the baby. This article will be a good guide for you.
2 Months Old Baby Weight & Length:
Two-month-old baby development starts with its weight and length. The weight of 2-month-old baby girl should be 11.3 pounds and 2-month-old baby boy should be 12.3 pounds. The length of the baby girl should be about 22.5 inches and for the boys, around 23 inches. However, the weight and length of the baby will vary and this variation should not really upset you.
2 Months Old Baby Care:
Baby care is one of the most important things required to make the baby grow. The baby will grow only if it is proper care is taken of him or her. There will be only inputs at this stage. You won’t see a probable outcome but you will still have keep faith in the process of development. The first few months will only be a one-sided affair. The mother has to keep faith in the process, as this is how this works. The smile of the baby will reduce your stress and motivate to work more to keep the baby happy. Care also includes timely feeding and using proper things recommended by the doctor to bathe it and use the right lotions for moisturizing the baby.
See More: 3 Month Old Baby Development
This is one of the most important steps that should be kept in mind when you are willing to take proper care of the baby. The baby should not be exposed to too much sunlight and should not be kept in highly air conditioner rooms. The internal organs of the baby are very tender and weak during this time. They will grow properly leading to a healthy life for the baby only if proper care is taken.
2 Month Old Baby Feeding:
There is nothing more nutritious than the mother’s milk at this point. The baby is growing and it will show increased signs of hunger. Old baby should be fed from both breasts as well. The baby will sometimes require overnight feeding which means you will be losing sleep as well. Some of the babies need to fed almost 5-6 hours between nights.
If the baby is on breast milk, you should feed between every 2 to 3 hours. If the baby feeds on bottle milk, you should feed every three to four hours, about four to five ounces.
2 Months Old Baby Sleep:
Sleep is one of the most basic needs of the 2 months old baby. The patterns of sleep will change obviously. There are sleep days and there will be days when the baby will not want to sleep at all. During the sleep days, the baby ill sleep around 1-3 hours and that will be enough. If proper sleep is not provided with the baby will become grumpy. Some measures are needed to be taken by the parents. The room should be properly decorated so that the baby gets proper sleep during those times. There should not be exposed to disturbing noise which might wake the baby and thus causing a reduction in sleep hours. One should remember that sleep is also required for proper growth.
2 Months Old Baby Development:
Here are some 2-month-old baby milestones.
- The baby can move its eyes and lips. It will sometimes smile too. The development is almost similar in both boys and girls.
- There will also be behavioural changes. The baby will try to move his or her limbs and this one of the best developments that one can expect.
- The mature nervous system is one of the primary signs of development of the 2 months old baby.
- The baby will now begin to drool. Their salivary glands develop at this point, therefore, drooling will be common and a mess.
- Sleeping patterns change. The baby now sleeps solidly for 5 to 6 hours.
2 Months Old Baby Milestones:
Here are some 2-month-old baby milestones that you can witness.
- The baby now gets stronger and will lift his/her shoulders during its tummy time. It also lifts its head when in the seated position.
- The baby’s kicks get stronger and its legs also straighten out than before.
- He/she may have begun sucking his/her fists by now.
- He/she will also begin to respond to any sounds you make.
2 Months Old Baby Health Problems and Safety:
There are some things you need to watch out for.
Keeping the baby safe and secure is always important when it comes to proper growth. The baby should not be exposed to any harm causing elements such as sharp and pointed stuff. The baby should be surrounded with cotton pillows and there should be proper protection during sleeping so that even if the baby tries to roll it doesn’t fall.
2 Month Old Baby Schedule and Activities:
There is no set activity or schedule that a 2-month-old infant will have. More or less, they feed, play and nap in the morning. Afternoons are about playing, napping, feeding and playing. Evenings are about napping, feeding, playing, bathing. The nights will be feeding, bedtime, feeding, sleep, feeding and again sleep.
However, this is not universal and you also should not grade your two-month-old baby development against this. Neither should you force this on them.
2 Month Old Baby Care:
Take a look at some of the care you should pass on to your baby.
- Attend your baby whenever he/she cries. They are not in a position to explain what’s wrong and remember that it can be anything from hunger to attention. The next time you see it cry, give him/her all the care. Cuddle, soothe and calm him/her.
- The baby’s feeding requirements will increase and thus it is important that you identify the 2-month baby growth in terms of their appetite.
- Attend to their sleep timings. They may sleep longer in their second month. It will be helpful to watch the sleep pattern of your younger one. This will help you understand their sleep cycle.
- Interact with your little one. Coo along with him/her and make them smile often. Play around with your nose and you will see how actively he/she responds.
Tips for 2-Month-Old Baby:
- Remember to take him/her for a two-month-old check-up.
- You need to talk to your doctor if you intend to supplement vitamin D for a 2-month-old baby.
- Keep up with vaccination and know when to give what.
2 Months Old Baby Foods and Toys:
The baby should still is dependent on the mother’s breast milk and on something else only if recommended by the doctor. When it comes to toys, the baby should be provided with soft toys and colourful ones which will make him happy at once. As long as milestones are the issue, there will be signs of voluntary reflexes.
See More: Best Toys for 2 Month Old Baby
You will be in awe to see some of the 2-month-old baby schedule and its activities. They may be very tiny and sometimes, these changes will go unnoticed. However, with every passing day, your baby is preparing to become a full-grown adult. Spend a lot of time and do not forget to click pictures with him/her!
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers:
Q1. How Much Sleep Can a 2 Month Old Baby Need?
Ans: A two-month-old baby will need about 7 hours of sleep, that is split between 3 naps in the night time. Nighttime sleep should be about 8.5 hours. This means she/he will need 15.5 hours of sleep a day.
Q2. Can a 2 Month Old Baby Drink Water?
Ans: No! the breast milk or the formula milk is enough to keep them hydrated. Unless your doctor suggests, you may not need to give him/her water.
Q3. Why is 2 Month Old Baby Drooling?
Ans: The salivary glands of the baby start to develop and thus the baby starts to drool a lot, making a mess too!