A healthy and nutritious diet is most essential and required during pregnancy. There is nothing like maintaining a healthy body and a peaceful state of mind for both expectant mother and fetus inside. While there are plenty of healthy foods within the market, fruits are most recommended due to the rich values within. They not only have nutrients but also help keep diseases at bay and keep away several complications. One such fruit recommended is asparagus. While it helps to take care of the baby and maintain your health, there also side effects involved. Know more about this fruit, benefits, and risks, nutrition values and others by reading this article.
What is asparagus?
Asparagus belongs to the lily family, and it has been credited for its excellent nutritional values since a long time ago. It is a perennial vegetable cum fruit which may look green, white or purple. When compared to other diets, it contains a very high amount of folic acid which you need during your pregnancy. It is available in two forms, i.e. white and green, better to prefer green one but white one is nutritious too if you can’t find a green one. Hence asparagus pregnancy is widely recommended due to the benefits.
See More: muskmelon during pregnancy
Nutritional facts of asparagus during pregnancy:
Asparagus and pregnancy go well hand in hand. Asparagus for pregnancy work like wonders in providing nutrition to pregnant women. It is rich in vitamins and minerals with B9 vitamin, B complex, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and vitamin K. It also has folic acids which help in the development and growth of fetus greatly. The fibres present inside asparagus keeps congenital disabilities at bay and keeps you away from constipation issues.
Further, it also has calcium, which helps in bones development. Consuming asparagus also helps flush out toxins from the body and clean gastric system. Hence these nutrients also act as benefits of asparagus in pregnancy time.
Is it safe to eat asparagus during pregnancy?
If someone asks ‘can you eat asparagus when pregnant’ the answer is definitely yes. Eating asparagus during pregnancy is safe. Asparagus for pregnant women is good due to moderate amounts of vitamins, minerals and fibres present within which helps in several issues and concerns with the health of the baby and expectant mother. Make sure to wash it properly and do not eat it raw, which is what you got to make sure of.
See More: is star fruit good for pregnant women
Health Benefits of asparagus in pregnancy:
Can I eat asparagus when pregnant? Yes, surely. Given an area list of health benefits associated with consumption of asparagus during pregnancy.
- Asparagus is highly rich in vitamins and minerals that are very healthy for the pregnant other as well as her baby. They help keep several diseases at bay.
- As already discussed, asparagus is high in folic acid which helps in the proper development of the baby and reduces the chances of congenital disabilities
- Asparagus during pregnancy is very helpful for the development of teeth and bones of the baby as it contains a high amount of calcium
- It provides a high amount of dietary fibres which help you get rid of the problem of constipation. Further, asparagus for pregnant women is essential as it contains a high amount of vitamins like vitamin B9, B complex, C, K, and A. Vitamin B9 helps to prevent any in the baby and help you keep your baby healthy during the pregnancy.
- Asparagus has factors that have a diuretic effect on the body. This is helpful as it detoxifies your body by removing all the waste substances. This, in turn, helps to improve your metabolism and digestion which can help you also get rid of the problem of constipation which is generally very common during pregnancy.
Side effects of asparagus during pregnancy:
Is asparagus good for you when pregnant? While the answer is yes, one should also note that like many fruits and vegetables, this also may have certain safety concerns to keep in mind before eating it. One needs to keep a note of risks associated with the consumption of asparagus. In case you suffer from indigestion and digestive issues, make sure you do not eat it without doctor advice as it may increase the formation of gas due to the presence of carbohydrate raffinose. Further, in case you are allergic to onion, garlic, and chives, you may be allergic to this too.
Ways to Take Asparagus with diet:
Asparagus, when pregnant, is easy to take in different forms. Some of the common dietary ways to include this are as follows.
- It can easily be consumed in different forms either boiled, baked or fresh as per your comfort level.
- Asparagus can be grilled with olive oil and then taken. It is very delicious, and it will satisfy your craving during the pregnancy time to eat something spicy.
- Another way to take asparagus is by including it in the soup. It will also add up to the taste of the soup.
- You can include it in an omelette or eat it in your daily breakfast with your scrambled eggs.
- Asparagus, when added with lemon juice, can improve the taste and prove to be very healthy.
- You can add cheese on the asparagus and put it in a boiler and thus make some yummy dishes.
- One important idea is to include asparagus in your daily salad as it is very healthy and helps you fight certain infections too.
See More: jamun fruit in pregnancy
Things to remember for consuming asparagus in pregnancy:
Asparagus, as we noticed, is recommended during pregnancy due to the benefits associated along with nutrients from it. Remember not to believe the myths but rather consult your doctor to know your required intake as per your dietary requirements for your body. Given that there are several ways to inculcate this in your diet, make sure you try out new dishes and satisfy your taste buds in various forms. However, do not have it in large quantities, just like other fruits and vegetables. A balanced diet is always good.
I hope this article is helpful for you to know how asparagus during pregnancy is good for you. You can safely include this fruit in your daily diet and routine as it is very healthy for you and your baby as well. You can go ahead and eat asparagus on a daily basis to have a healthy growth of the fetus and protect yourself from any defects or diseases. Make sure to however consult your doctor and keep a word with him about every diet you take during this phase as the wall you need this time is a good and nutritious diet to have a healthy pregnancy.
Frequently Asked Questions And Answers:
Q1. Is asparagus bad due to urinating with the pungent odour?
Ans: After consuming asparagus, the acid is converted into sulfur chemicals. This may lead the urine to stink and pass with a pungent odour. So if you notice this kind of scent after you eat asparagus do not worry as you are not alone, this is common.
Q2. Is it bad to eat asparagus in large quantities while pregnant?
Ans: Well even though there are no researched and listed side effects, any food just like asparagus is recommended to have in balanced limits. Consuming too much asparagus might give some uneasiness to some pregnant and may also cause allergy or gas issues too few pregnant women.
Q3. Is it safe to eat for pregnant women asparagus every day?
Ans: Yes, it is totally safe to eat asparagus every day for pregnant women. However, do not have large amounts in case you decide to consume it every day. Instead of having limited quantities is always good.