10 Easy & Cute Festival Hairstyles to Try Out This Season
We all love festivals. So here we come with festival hairstyles for you. If they are main festivals, then we have so much more to do, but getting ready and making us look good is equally important during these occasions. While there are several festivals in the world celebrated all across, there are also the native and local area/ regional festivals which many of us do not know. Their rich culture and heritage, belief system will make us want to respect the same and celebrate it in grandeur. Here we enlist you with cute festival hairstyles which are both traditional and modern looks. Read more to find out about these best festival hairstyles here.
10 Best Festival Hairstyles: How to Do and How to Style
Let us now get into these simple festival hairstyles and how to style them.
1. Traditional Bun:
Here is a nice option as festival hairstyles for long or medium hair. The picture shown here is the local Thailand festival styling. This hairstyle is quite easy to do and can be done with your family and friends help. Go ahead and make a nice bun form and roll it around. Pin them up well. You can add festival hair accessories as you wish. Seen above are simple flowers rolled all around the bun. These will add to the look. Be it messy kind of bun or smooth textured bun as shown you can do any kind as your preference.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Try this style with the oval and diamond-shaped face shape and long hair.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: This is good to go with sarees and long dresses only while going to fancy celebrations anywhere.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good time to try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style to suit women in their 20s and early 30s.
2. Fancy Straight Hairstyle:
Here is the Brazil festival hairstyle. We all love curls. Here is a good style among festival hairstyles for curly hair or straight hair. This is a coloured style with pinkish streaks all around, and all you need to do is braid it evenly and decorate it with flowers in between to give it an elegant look. Here we can find hair being braided in middle and decorated with nice festival hair rings and other festival hair jewellery.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Those with any face shape and straight hair are best fit for this style.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Women should wear a long ethnic dress in this celebration. This hairstyle is well suited to try during grand festival celebrations.
- Best Season to Try: Winter and monsoon are a good time to try out this style.
- Ideal Age Group: This is a beautiful style to try for women in their 20s.
3. Simple and Cute Festival Style:
This festival hairstyle for medium hair is pretty simple to do. It hardly takes time and is among the easiest in this trending list. Those who love usual and straightforward styles but want to add a little touch to everyday style can totally try this hairstyle. All you need to do is side braid hair and pin it up well. Further such kind of festival hair clips can be attached to add to the look and beauty. This is a French festival style.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Girls and women with oval, round and diamond-shaped face with straight and wavy hair can totally try this out. If you have thick hair, then it is an additional advantage.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Wear this with saree or lehengas or long dress to look good and smart. Further, this is a good style to wear in night celebrations.
- Best Season to Try: Winter is a good time to try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s and 30s and even 40s can totally try this style. This is quite a versatile style.
See More: French Braid Hairstyles
4. Stylish and Edgy Braided Hair Leave Over:
This is a good and sexy festival hairstyle for thin hair. If you want to show off the volume and look good, then this is a suitable option. Add on this style to nice accessories and maangtika to further enhance the look. One can also try out festival hair colour to further enhance the look as shown in the picture.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with an oval-shaped face only is well suited here with wavy hair texture.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Women can wear nice lehengas or dress to look trendy in this style. Add on to this during grand festivals like Diwali.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is outstanding in trying out this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this for women in their 20s.
5. Traditional Braided Style with Flowers:
Who does not know this Indian festival hairstyle?! We all love and adore this simple and cute style. This is among most trending festival braid hairstyles. All you need to do is braid hair well from beginning to end and secure with elastic. Further, add on few nice flowers for hair to enhance the look and beauty. You would surely look grand and elegant.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: This cultural and traditional style is suited for all face and hair types.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Nice saree goes very well with this style. Wear this one if you are going to visit temples or pujas.
- Best Season to Try: This is a quite versatile style suitable for any season.
- Ideal Age Group: Women of any age group can try this hairstyle out.
See More: Indian Hairstyles for Women
6. Simple Hairstyle with Flowers:
This is a smart and edgy midsummer festival hairstyle. Those who have less time and on a busy schedule wants to get an instant makeover can try this style out. This is nothing, but brushing hair well and pinning it in between. Nice festival hair wraps or flowers band can be decorated on hair as shown in the picture.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: This suits all face shapes and wavy hair well.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Try this with nice traditional dresses while going for celebrations.
- Best Season to Try: Monsoon and winter are a good time to try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this if you are in your late 20s and 30s.
7. Festival Wavy Hair:
This Germany elegant festival hairstyle for short hair and medium hair is edgy and elegant. This style looks quite polished and stylish. All you need is brush hair thoroughly and do soft curls at the end. Part it nicely and add a nice hairband, as shown in the picture to look elegant. You can further add some nice festival hairband or festival hair accessories as per your choice.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with round and oval-shaped face with straight hair can try this one.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: This best suits nice long dresses and during festival celebrations at night.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style for any season as you wish.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early 20s can try this style out.
8. Elegant and Traditional Bun:
This festival updo hairstyle is among the most popular and sought after one. It is quite easy to do, and all you need to do is a good well-styled bun and decorate it with festival hair wraps or accessories. These are totally enhancing the beauty and escalating the look further. These further give a traditional touch, and you would love this look.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Any face and hair type can try this lookout.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Women can wear this look with saree only for traditional functions.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a suitable time to try this look.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in any age group can totally try this versatile style.
See More: Best and Simple Bun Hairstyles
9. Easy and Edgy Festival Hairdo for Modern Woman:
This Indian festival hairstyle looks quite edgy and elegant, right? But it is also very easy to do and does not take your time much. This will add to your look, and all you need is the help of an assistant to help you out if you are stuck. And this is trendy and can be later decorated with festival hair rings if you like them that way. Here is the festival hair tutorial.
- First, brush hair well.
- Take hair from the sides and from above and tie it out.
- Continue taking hair from sides again, from beneath of what was already taken and again keep elastic to tie it.
- Continue like that four times.
- Make sure you attach all hair when taken from sides.
- Now put a big elastic to tie the hair.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Girls and women with oval and diamond-shaped face with medium length straight hair can try it out.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Wear churidhar or saree to look good in this. This is a good style for attending traditional functions.
- Best Season to Try: Summer, winter is good to try this style out.
- IdealAge Group: Wear this if you are in your 20s.
10. Festival Elegant Hairdo:
This resembles a music festival hairstyle. And this is edgy and can be worn for modern festivals. It is smart and goes to look if you want to look bold, confident, stylish and trendy altogether. This is such an elegant and polished style. It takes some time but will turn out to be super chic! Here is how to do it.
- Brush hair thoroughly and take a tiny section of hair from the top.
- Tie it with elastic and continue to tie elastic until below that section in the form as shown in the picture.
- Take hair from sides now beneath the section from where we already took earlier.
- Secure the hair taken from sides beneath the elastic and pin it well.
- Attach elastics as shown in the picture till you come for an end.
- Take hair from sides and go beneath the already existing section.
- Once you start doing so, you can notice an elegant braid kind of pattern.
- Do it until the end and tie with elastic.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with oval and diamond-shaped face with straight hair type can try this out.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Wear this long ethnic dress for wearing it to chic music parties.
- Best Season to Try: Winter and monsoon are best suited to this style.
- Ideal Age Group: This is good for women in their 20s and 30s.
See More: Curly Hairstyles for Saree
- These hairstyles are elegant and edgy. Healthy and smooth hair can do wonders in showing results and can bring out the beauty of any hairstyle.
- Take care of hair well every day and take precautions against sun damage. Do not over shampoo hair.
- Apply conditioner after every hair washes for nourishing hair.
- Moisturising hair is always required. Apply oil mask every week without fail.
- Visit hair spa every month to make sure hair is healthy and smooth.
- To make sure that these festival hairstyles are in place, apply hair spray at the end to let the hairstyle remain in place for a long time.
- Trim hair once every three months on average to let the hair grow healthy and shiny.
That is it, folks! I hope you enjoyed reading about the festival hairstyles. There is extensive information given in this guide on how to style hair, make sure to try them out. These are quite versatile styles and can suit women of different age groups, different preferences and hair or face types. You would surely love them, and you will not need to look back once you begin trying these out. Also, further tell us about your experience and what you think about these styles.
Frequently Asked Question and Answers:
Q1. How to protect hair with hair styling regularly with tools?
Ans: Hair should be taken care of, especially if you are using styling tools regularly. Heat may severely damage hair. Hence apply Argan oil, and hair serum before using styling equipment. Further hair protection spray should also be applied after styling.
Q2. How to make hair look shiny and smooth naturally?
Ans: Smooth and shiny hair is something we all want. These can be achieved naturally also. ApplyArganoil and Moroccanoil regularly. Further, you can apply amla powder with oil too and try it out, and you will love the texture. If you have time, try applying egg and curd to hair as well, they are a bit time consuming but will look lovely on hair after results.
Q3. Does braided hairdo with accessories suit women with square and rectangular-shaped faces?
Ans: Yes, absolutely! These hairdos with a nice braid in the centre with accessories can suit everyone as per the face type you can do specific alterations. For instance, to reduce sharpness in the face due to being square-shaped, you can allow some soft curls on either side of ears to make the look edgy and elegant.