17 Best Bull Tattoo Designs And Their Meanings
Tattoos are not mere designs on body. They are a representation of who the person is and what they believe in. Most of these designs are inspired from nature like animals, flora, fauna, birds etc., Animal tattoos are always on demand as each animal holds a particular meaning. In this article, we shall talk about one animal which is symbolises power and strength- The Bull. Bull Tattoo designs are extremely popular with men, as it represents energy. Most celebrities, particularly those from the sports field favour bull tattoos for it conveys a meaning that they are always up for challenges. Read on to check out some of the best bull tattoos pictures.
Bull Tattoo Meaning and It’s Significance:
A bull is a strong and powerful animal. IT symbolises masculinity and high energy. Bulls hold a religious significance in many cultures, like the Bull God Apis of Egypt, or Lord Nandi, the vehicle of Lord Shiva in Hindu mythology. Bulls represent true fighting spirit, which is why they are widely used in many Sports logos. They also symbolise Strength, power, Harmony Protection, fearlessness, Courage. Another interesting fact of Bull is that it is used to represent Death, as Bull is also the vehicle of Lord Yama, the God of Death.
Bull tattoo design was popularised by the famous WWE celebrity Rock, who is an icon of of a true fighter. While bull tattoos are most preferred by men, many women also get it done to break the gender stereotypes.
Best Bull Tattoo Images With Meanings:
Here we present the best Bull Tattoo Designs with pictures and their meanings for both men and women have been enlisted in the following paragraphs.
1. Raging Bull Tattoo Design on Arm:
The raging bull tattoo designs are some of the most common bull tattoos to be seen today. They usually consist of an angry bull surrounded with red flames. These red flames stand for strength and power. They are very fashionable and stylish to look at. It is generally worn on triceps to show the strength and deadly personality. It is very common and very popular among people who are bikers and prison gang members. This is one of the most popular bull tattoos for men.
- Best for: This bull arm tattoo is best for men who are powerful and angry. Angry doesn’t mean physical anger, but an attitude to take up something and rest not until it is done.
- Preferable ink: This looks great with red and black ink
- Where: This raging bull tattoo looks great when done on biceps and shoulders.
- Size: Medium to large sized bull looks great, as it can reveal the facial expressions clearly.
- Skin tone: This tattoo is best suitable for those with Wheatish to fair skin.
2. Bull Fighting Tattoo Designs for Women:
Bull Fighting is an essential part of the Spanish culture and has been reflected in the form of tattoos among many people. It is suited for danger loving persons. It displays adventures in the face of death, fearlessness and is worn by people who love to live their life on edge. This tattoos even portraits that men dare to do anything if he dares to do so and can face any type of dangers involved. Here in the photo you can see the angry bull fighting with a man tattoo decorated by artist beautifully on body part.
- Best for: This tattoo is for both and women who have true fighting spirit. They are ready to overcome any challenges and are willing to take any risks to meet their goals
- Preferable ink: The bull looks good in black, while the man can be designed with colors.
- Where: This tattoo looks perfect on shoulders, biceps and neck
- Size: Large sized tattoos look the best as it needs to cover a lot of details
- Skin tone: This is best for fair skin tone for better visibility of colors.
3. Tribal Bull Tattoo Design on Chest:
Tribal Bull Tattoos is an appropriate tattoo design choice for those who are looking for a strong and heroic look. These tattoos speak a lot about the person’s nature and also tell us about his ideologies. The bull tattoo designs are excellent to look at, can cover a large part of the body and look the best when inscribed on the chest.
- Best for: This tribal tattoo is perfect for men who are on the look for challenges and are raging to reach their goals. The tattoo also represents strong connection for their native culture.
- Preferable ink: The bull looks good in black and hints of red ink.
- Where: This tattoo looks amazing on the chest
- Size: As chest is a large area, a suitable sized large design works well.
- Skin tone: This is best for dusky to fair skin tone.
See More:Wolf Tattoo Designs
4. Chinese Bull Tattoo Designs:
The Chinese Bull Tattoo Designs have extremely exotic expressions. They are very appealing and rich to look at. They stand as a symbol of perseverance, long suffering, stability and determination. They also stand for hard work and materialism. Those who want to give themselves a traditional Chinese look through their tattoo should use the Chinese Bull Tattoo Design.
- Best for: This Bull chest tattoo is ideal for men and women who believe in hard work and perseverance. They also represent richness and love for the exotic.
- Preferable ink: This tattoo looks perfect when done in black ink.
- Where: Chest is the best area for getting this bull tattoo
- Size: A large sized tattoo is ideal to cover the chest area.
- Skin tone: This is best for dusky to fair skin tone.
5. Blue Bull Tattoo Design:
The blue bull tattoo has been essentially for women. It is very attractive to look at and has a very distinct look. It stands as a symbol of protection, strength and unity and has been worn by many women off late. This bull tattoo on arm indicates muscle prowess. Women who were this tattoo it reflects their protecting nature who does not hesitate to take tough decisions in life.
- Best for: This tattoo is perfect for women who are fearless and are always up for challenges. They also represent strength and resilience.
- Preferable ink: This tattoo looks perfect when done in black and blue ink
- Where: You can get this done on the chest, biceps and shoulders.
- Size: A medium sized to large sized tattoo looks amazing to make the blue colors visible
- Skin tone: This is best for fair skin toned women
6. Black Bull Tattoo Designs:
A black bull tattoo is a usually a very angry one that is always ready to leap. Its nose is always flared up and it is forever ready to attack. It looks fierce, bold and wild. People generally choose this type of design as it signifies boldness, wildness and fierceness in them. Moreover this type of tattoo is not worn by normal people. This type of bull tattoo is symbol for rebel dare to anything.
- Best for: This is for both men and women, who are wild and fierce. Especially, for people who are not afraid to take decisions, this bull is the perfect symbol.
- Preferable ink: The tattoo is best done with black ink and a hint of brown color
- Where: The bull looks great on back, shoulders and even biceps
- Size: Large sized tattoo is the best for better visibility of details
- Skin tone: Fair skinned people can carry this tattoo efforlessly
7. Rocking Red Bull Tattoo Design for Men:
Red Bull Tattoos tend to look very fierce and promising. It is usually worn on the arm and gives away a look of anger. It stands a symbol of aggression, determination and power and has been become very popular these days. A red bull with steam rising from its nostrils and feet stomping on the ground as if it is ready to charge are some of the common bull tattoo designs.
- Best for: Men and women who are fierce and bold choose this red bull tattoo. These people are determined to pursue their goals and will not rest until the goal is achieved
- Preferable ink: The tattoo is best done with black and red ink
- Where: The best place for this tattoo is on the back and shoulders. Well toned biceps are also ideal for this tattoo.
- Size: A medium to large sized tattoo looks great on the body
- Skin tone: Though it is meant for light skinned people, dusky skin tone also complements the red color of the tattoo
See More:Eagle Tattoo Designs For Men
8. Bull Head Tattoo Design on Shoulder:
Bull Head Tattoos consist of the head of the bull with fumes coming out of its nostrils. It has an angry expression, is very common and some of the best bull tattoos to be seen. It is very popular because of its size and variety. It comes in variety of designs and even gives you the flexibility to choose from the never ending ocean of tattoos. You can this type of bull tattoo designs are adorn by mostly men.
- Best for: This is particularly for men, who are always on the rage to achieve something. They are an equal mix of brains and brawns. This bull back tattoo represents masculine strength using the head of the bull, which is the strongest part.
- Preferable ink: Black and red inks are ideal for this tattoo design
- Where: You can get this done on the back and shoulders. It also looks great on Biceps.
- Size: Large sized tattoo looks wonderful on the back
- Skin tone: This is best suited for fair to wheat skin men, who have smooth and flawless skin on their backs
9. Celtic Bull Tattoo Designs for Guys:
Celtic Bull Tattoo Designs are a definition of immense strength and stamina. The Celts were themselves warriors and were known for their abrasive and ruthless fighting skills. They were tough and strong people who stood as a representation of courage and chivalry. The idea of Celtic Bull Tattoo Designs has existed for several years and is indeed a cool and funky tattoo to choose from.
- Best for: Celtic bull tattoos are usually preferred by men who do not wish to compromise on anything in their lives. It is also a sign of riches and sexual acumen in men.
- Preferable ink: Celtic bull tattoos are best done in black ink
- Where: This tattoo is perfect on Biceps, shoulders and back
- Size: Medium and large sized tattoos look ideal, as the fine details are to be etched well.
- Skin tone: Best for dusky and fair skin toned people
10. Taurus Bull Tattoos on Back For Men:
As one of the twelve Zodiac signs, Taurus Zodiac tattoo sign is very popular among both men and women. The people who are born under this zodiac are exhibits personality of cautious, persistent and cautious. Taurus tattoo represents single –mindedness, strong willed etc. Styling this type of tattoo you can easily portrait that you are born between May14 and June 19 are Taurus.
- Best for: This bull tattoo with extra large horns represent men who wish to have excess of everything. These people indulge in materialistic pleasures and live life to the fullest.
- Preferable ink: The base color is done in black ink, while the fine details use hints of red and brown inks
- Where: There is no better place for this tattoo than the back with the two horns covering the shoulders and arms
- Size: This is done in extra large size to cover all the fine details inside the pattern
- Skin tone: This is an ideal design for dusky and fair skinned people
11. Romantic Bull Covered In Rose Petals:
Bull covered in beautiful rose is generally worn by females. As bull displays strength, power and aggression, the rose flower signifies beauty and charm. These types of tattoos are very appealing as it has a very unique look and this tattoo depicts a perfect balance between powers along with beauty. It also blurs the fine gap between both the genders, maintaining the fine balance between men and women.
- Best for: This bull and rose tattoo represent women who are true fighters, yet choose to maintain grace and feminity. It also signifies perfect balance between beauty and brains!
- Preferable ink: The bull is etched in black color, while the rose is done in red, maroon shades. You can also add Green ink for the leaves.
- Where: This tattoo looks amazing on shoulders, biceps and arms.
- Size: A large sized tattoo looks amazing to capture the attention of the viewers.
- Skin tone: This tattoo can be done by dusky and fair skinned people
12. Angry Bull Tattoo Design:
Bulls are considered as one track minded and an angry bull depicts raw masculine power. The face of the bull raged with anger and fumes coming out of the nostrils can be beautifully depicted on the arms of the wearer. It has a very scary look as it’s has red fearsome glowing eyes. This also represents supreme power, strength and resilience.
- Best for: This tattoo is specially for men, who have both physical and mental strength. It is a symbol of aggressive attitude, anger and boldness.
- Preferable ink: This bull tattoo is best done in black and brown shade inks.
- Where: Due to the large size of the bull, this design is suitable on chest and back
- Size: This bull is best visible in large size. If you are planning to get them done on neck and shoulders, opt for smaller sizes.
- Skin tone: This looks lovely on wheatish and fair skinned people
See More:Dragon Tattoo Designs For Girls
13. Rare Symbol of A Bull Tattoo:
Some people like to get a very different and a rare symbol along with the portrait. This type of designing displays a unique nature of the person and displays its urge to do things differently than others. This symbol inked right in the image is a rare motif that shows horns and a circle on the body of the person making it look different and unique.
- Best for: This tattoo design is suitable for both men and women who wish to set themselves apart from others. It symbolises a curiosity to explore the new and to do things differently.
- Preferable ink: Best done in black ink, with hints of brown and red inks
- Where: This can be done on any part of the body, with arms, biceps, shoulders and neck being ideal spots.
- Size: From small to large size, this design can be done in any size depending on the spot of the body
- Skin tone: This best suits wheat, medium and fair skinned people
14. Simple Bull Tattoos Designs:
Many people like to make tattoos that are very simple but have a deeper meaning also. So this type of simple bull tattoo designs are the perfect choice for them as bull can be displayed in a simple way and symbolizes courage, power as well as fierceness also. It also represents the beauty of minimalism, which can capture a deeper meaning with minor design. This is one of the best bull tattoos for guys and girls.
- Best for: This small bull tattoo design is suitable for both men and women who like to keep it simple, yet sophisticated. The bull represents power, strength and courage.
- Preferable ink: As we talk about minimalism, there is no better color than black ink
- Where: This can be done on any part of the body, but arms, biceps and smaller sports like the back of neck are ideal.
- Size: These are generally done in smaller sizes, although one can increase the notches based on the selected areas.
- Skin tone: The ideal skin tone is medium, light and fair.
15. Stock Market Bull Tattoo Design:
One of the most creative bull tattoos can be seen in the stock market or on the sensex. As these tattoos displays the movement of the stock market and are designed in a pretty colorful way. It resembles a typical stage of the market where the shares are traded. These tattoos are highly appreciated by the people who deal in stock market. Stock market bulls represent an increase in growth and an upward trend. It is a symbol of positivity, hope and success
- Best for: Stock market bulls are generally preferred by men who are into trading. They also represent a zeal to always maintain the graph stead high.
- Preferable ink: Black is the best ink for the border, while you can add hints of brown and red
- Where: The ideal spots for stock market bull tattoos are back, shoulders and the upper part of the body
- Size: Preferably done in medium to large sizes to capture the fine details of the bull
- Skin tone: The ideal skin tone is medium to fair.
16. Brahma Bull Tattoo:
The Brahma bull is considered to be the highest species in the Bovine species. This tattoo represents supreme power and leadership. The raging bull shows that the person is not afraid of challenges and is backed with self-confidence. This tattoo also represents family, community and also a true warrior spirit. Brahma bull tattoo was popularised by The WWE wrestler Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock.
- Best for: Brahma bull tattoo is best for men, who believe that they are superior to others. This design also represents the ultimate strength and power of the person.
- Preferable ink: This tattoo is usually done in black, brown and red
- Where: Biceps are the best spots for this tattoo, but can also be done on other spots like shoulders.
- Size: These are best done in medium and large sizes to capture the grace and elegance of the Brahma Bull
- Skin tone: This tattoo best complements medium, light and fair skin tones.
17. 3D Bull Tattoo Designs:
Want to add a touch of realism to your body? This 3D bull design looks so real, you can almost feel its sharp horns on your chest. 3D arts are fast gaining popularity for being extremely real and close to nature. They are quite expensive and need skill and expertise. The beauty of these designs lie in the fine details of the art. From choosing the right colors to getting the shades right, this 3D bull is a sure winner!
- Best for: 3D bull designs are popular with both men and women. They are ideal for people who are quite practical and believe in staying as close as possible to the reality.
- Preferable ink: You can opt for black as your base color, and choose multiple color options to get a perfect image.
- Where: This bull is best done on larger areas like chest and back
- Size: 3D bulls are all about fine details and only large sized designs can capture them the best.
- Skin tone: This tattoo best complements light and fair skin tones.
Additional Tips For Getting A Bull Tattoo Inked:
- If you are planning to get a bull etched on your body, check out these additional tips for a perfect, long lasting tattoo design:
- Bull tattoos represent anger, violence and rage. So, you need to really understand if you are right person to carry it off.
- Bull tattoos are often done in small sizes. However, these tattoos can fade over time and may end up looking like a black patch.
- If you are planning to get elaborate and complex designs like the Celtic tattoos, you need to ensure that your artist is skilful.
- Adding pops of color can add a touch of feminity to the otherwise aggressive bulls.
We hope these tattoos have inspired you to get your very own Bull tattoos. These designs are quite popular with men of raging blood who wish to lead their life to the fullest, irrespective of what the world opines about them. While it is a common notion that Bulls are only for men, these designs have been embraced by many women, who in the modern era are equal to their male counterparts in every respect. If you one such person who wish to take up any challenge in life and rest not till you reach your goal, what are you waiting for? Time to visit the best tattoo parlour near you and get you bull inked!